Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• Loz262Loz262 Posts: 8
    edited February 2011
    I dont know about anyone else but i am so confused im not very compture suavy so dont undestand updates and etc,
    i go to my sims launcher under update and nothing every comes up.
    i need help ive never had this much trouble with a game ever!!!
    one would think the problems would be fixed before they brought out new games
  • SashalovesyouSashalovesyou Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 2011
    mine keeps crashing. I played for the first 3 hours i got it, then i exited. Now everytime i try to play it crashes. I loaded my game, and it crashed when i click play(from being ppaused) then i made a new game and i added stuff to her apartment, and then pressed play and it crashed.
    :(
    the only thing i downloaded was the free registration pack from the store and the other set with the desk.
  • ToriLarkToriLark Posts: 18 New Member
    edited February 2011
    My game is now not playable.

The game works properly for about 2 hrs, then there's a lag - and then my sims disappear. Worse than that - the sims that don't simply disappear end up getting stuck (usually in some sort of furniture like the couch or bed - they're just standing in the middle of the furniture like they've been fused with the object).

It doesn't seem to matter which neighbourhood i'm playing - it happens in all of them.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and am still experiencing this issue.

I have no custom content.

As I said, the game is completely unplayable now .. :( Help please!
  • BeckyLikesYouBeckyLikesYou Posts: 105 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I dont know if this is a bug or not, but i cant seem to get any elevaotrs to work. I've build numerous houses and this hasnt happened before, it was just when i made a five floor house and thought it would be tedious using stairs therefore installed an elevator. It doesn't work at all! I can't click on it to get any options, so really i can't create anything that involves an elevator it's really irritating, i've tried moving the elevator location, adding shafts on different floors etc etc, but whatever i try it just refuses to work :cry: Please help :l
  • bubblelicioussbubbleliciouss Posts: 39
    edited March 2011
    There are no paparazzi in Bridgeport :)
    They appear only when Sim is in China, Paris or Egypt.
  • MelHub92MelHub92 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2011
    My game has worked perfectly and ive had it the main game since summer and latenight and ambitions for 2 months but 2 days ago my sims will freeze, the waves near their house still moves and the diamond above them still moves but time stands still ive also had the sims3launcher does not work error but i deleted that thing in the dcc folder and that problem is now gone. I cant play my game anymore because they freeze every other minute for about 45 seconds which is upsetting :( I dont have any mods or custom content because i suck at computers so idk if that helps
  • ElatedEccentricElatedEccentric Posts: 22 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Well for me, certain animations aren't showing up. I can no longer see the fish in the fish bowls, or when my sims are on fire, and the bat clouds don't appear around my sims when they're turned into vampires. Just minor things like that, but they're a little irritating.
  • CuriioTheStrangerCuriioTheStranger Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2011
    This forum seems buggier and buggier (not a word?) as is late night. The updates have not repaired the

offcentre vampire slumber and

ghosts are no doubt still leaving the cemetary; gettin' in their nasty grey car and driving to a house that wasn't even theirs when alive haha.

Plus extra excercise should not only give you weight loss and shape but definition. Otherswise ingame concieved kids grow up looking like the first batch of sims in sims 3. Progress people! Why should we have to use mods or start in CAS to achieve a chisled look.

I get the feeling EA or whoever seems to have assasinated Maxis doesn't play this game but instead bangs out the expansion packs like foul cookies that will no doubt give you a bug therefor the runs. I'm not happy. Thumbs down. No me gusta. Are we clear enough?:S
  • pchyskye2000pchyskye2000 Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2011
    TS3 must still be out in beta with all these bugs and more bugs. :cry: I have a glitch, everytime I try to switch out to a different family+neighborhood through the main menu it goes into freeze mode. My game doesn't crash and I don't have any 3rd party cc. I seem to have multiple bugs that are posted on the first page but I didn't see this one; just wondering if anyone else has a similar glitch and for any possible fixes. I also have this annoying bug where every 2-3/5 times I click on anything it double clicks automatically.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Jeremina5Jeremina5 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I do not use mods and I only have a small amout of cc items, that I have had for a long time:a pair of shoes 3 patterns, and a pair of shorts.(also they have been checked and confirmed clean) Everything else is from the Store only. I run on a PC.Game patched to version 6.2.4.010001 EDIT: This problem was appeared before I patched...in carelessness, I patched hoping it would solve the issue (don't laugh) ;-)

Here is my problem... I have Base, WA, AMB, LN, and HEls, FLs. I resently did not have WA installed. I don't believe I had any major glitchs, except for my family froze once and I had to move them from the lot. I am playing on epic mode and move children out when they become young adults. Again no problem-until I reinstalled WA the other day. I attempted to move out a young adult out and the game just attempted to process...without being succesful. I cleaned cashe. Restarted computer. Loaded game and tried to move him out via "Edit Town" "Split household" : endless "Processing"... I have tried a few other options. I tried moving him out after travel modlet had timed out. I tried making sure his personal inventory was empty.
    I am a bit aggrivated...I don't want to kill the poor sim, even though it has crossed my mind, it won't solve the problem. There are two last resorts that I haven't tried..."kick out" option and choosing him as my active family...
    I have not read all 128 pages on this thread. I did read through all your beginning posts and did not see this "Move out" problem addressed. Any help would be awesome. :-) Thank you!

Edit: "kick out" option was also unsuccesful.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited March 2011
    Kat1 wrote:
    I've been reading through the thread and I've seen a lot about sim lagging- I have this problem but it's not just the sims, it's the whole game. Every 3 seconds the game freezes for about a minute and it's very frustrating and unplayable. I have never had this problem before and I have everything up to date so I don't know what's wrong. I've restarted the game and my computer over and over again but nothing seems to work. Is it because I have just installed the latest patch? Is anyone experiencing the same and does anyone know how to fix it?

This could be the stupid car thing that is still not fixed. You can either download the Overwatch (I hear it works well but doesn't seem to work with Mac) or go in and manually clean up the inventories of every Sim in town. It takes forever, but usually helps for a while.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited March 2011
    Kat1 wrote:
    I've been reading through the thread and I've seen a lot about sim lagging- I have this problem but it's not just the sims, it's the whole game. Every 3 seconds the game freezes for about a minute and it's very frustrating and unplayable. I have never had this problem before and I have everything up to date so I don't know what's wrong. I've restarted the game and my computer over and over again but nothing seems to work. Is it because I have just installed the latest patch? Is anyone experiencing the same and does anyone know how to fix it?

This could be the stupid car thing that is still not fixed. You can either download the Overwatch (I hear it works well but doesn't seem to work with Mac) or go in and manually clean up the inventories of every Sim in town. It takes forever, but usually helps for a while.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • riicky83riicky83 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I'm sorry if this has been brought up before but so far i haven't seen this bug plus with so many pages to look through.

Has anyone encountered the Max inventor oppertunity bug/error? when you are on the last part where you ge the life core and you must make the simbot you are unable to make one.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited March 2011
    My sims can't use the computer or newspaper to get a job. The school bus doesn't come for my kids. I can't get a job if I go to the place of business like a school. The computer they turn it on then back off. There isn't any kind of action.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • DollFaceDollFace Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    umm iv been playing on the same family for a while soo all the celebrities from the town are dead and there is no high level ones. only one star and two star. how do i get moree celebrities again? urgent
  • saggezzasaggezza Posts: 17 New Member
    edited March 2011
    My bug is that a family i made, i moved house and all of them went invisible. As in they were still there but they were invisible and unable to do anything. My mother of the family later appeared after clicking around..... she appeared stuck in-between the floorboards of the house. Luckily i knew an old sims 2 cheat to get her out lol. Still my father n daughter are still invisible and i tried to move house for in case that was the issue but i cant for they wont move and are still invisible. What should i do? x
  • DlparsonDlparson Posts: 38
    edited March 2011
    meddle wrote:
    jlucky39 wrote:
    has anyone come across the majority of there sims in town becoming "homeless"? most of my sims stand around outside of waylans haunt and the prospect room and just keep going back and forth between the two. they dont go home or go to work or eat or sleep. ive tried resetting that doesnt work. any other ideas other then mods or starting a new game....again.

Exact problem I've got. I thought it was the elevator glitch that quite a few people seem to have got but I deleted The Prospect Room and now they're just standing around the path way outside it. Even my own Sims were stuck with them for ages.

This suck's all my sims i put in the same town all lived in houses and now i find 39 are homeless how did this happen??
  • NerdGirl95NerdGirl95 Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    Mine freezes up. I read through the whole list so pardon me if I missed this (if it was listed) but mine will freeze. The whole screen goes black and then flickers to the game and off. And then it either shows the game screen frozen or stays black. And the screen is frozen; I can't even move the cursor.

It's so annoying!
  • afrat240afrat240 Posts: 273 Member
    edited April 2011
    OK I tried to read through some of these to see if this is a common glitch, but needless to say I gave up after a couple pages lol

So it seems all sims that I dont directly create (spouce and children) have exptremely long life spans..like really long. I normally have my game set to long (190) but I started noticing the the people i didn't create had something around 120 just until they aged up (ex. adult to elder).

I have to have my game set to short (25) just so my young adult second generation sim can have 30 days til she ages up to adult.

Alternatively..it seems that everyone is like this but almost longer? My founder sim had a baby out of wedlock and the mother had obviously kept the baby. Even after he was married to another sim, and even had a teenaged daughter, the other baby with the other woman remained a baby the whole time.

Has this happened to anyone eles?
  • AneoAneo Posts: 5
    edited April 2011
    There's a weird glitch in my game where I can't select any other sims/ preform social interactions..
    Please help! :cry:
  • Agerboned12Agerboned12 Posts: 907 New Member
    edited April 2011
    saggezza wrote:
    My bug is that a family i made, i moved house and all of them went invisible. As in they were still there but they were invisible and unable to do anything. My mother of the family later appeared after clicking around..... she appeared stuck in-between the floorboards of the house. Luckily i knew an old sims 2 cheat to get her out lol. Still my father n daughter are still invisible and i tried to move house for in case that was the issue but i cant for they wont move and are still invisible. What should i do? x

Not sure if you have managed to fix this yet. This happened to me many many many times. It seems to have stopped for now. I tried pretty much everything and only 3 things worked:

- go into edit town mode, evict the family, save to the library and delete them from the panel on the left (you know when you evict, they are temporarily stored on the left of the screen, so save a copy to the library and then delete them from the temporary holding area on the left - it is important to delete them from the left column as this deletes them from that game completely), place them in a new house and start playing again (this was a temporary fix - glitch returned after a few weeks (sim weeks)

- go into edit town mode, evict the family, save them to the library, delete them from the holding area on the left, delete that game, start a brand new game in a brand new town and place your saved family in that new town - this worked for much longer but would occasionally become glitchy again

- go to edit town, evict each indvidual one by one and then save them one by one to the library and delete them from the left column (NB: this removes all their relationships including with one another). Start a new game, place them in that new neighbourhood - they will be strangers to one another (so the mother will not be the mother just a housemate) - this was a permanent fix.

Good luck.
  • MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited April 2011
    I know this is supposed to be fixed, but I'm still having problems with the food truck after a while playing in Bridgeport. I had installed the patch and started a new game and the food truck would work fine but after a while, it doesn't stop anymore and is no where to be found on any of the spots it's supposed to be on...

I have no CC, no mod and I never download from the exchange.

Is there a workaround for this except to start over again for the 10000 time ?
  • Josie4532Josie4532 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Everytime my game finally loads it suddenly quits on me. It only does this if I update my sims 3. How do i fix this? :!:
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2011
    Does anyone else feel upset that there's a new EP coming out that may not fix ANY of these bugs with the release day Patch? :(
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    edited May 2011
    (First off - YAY! my computer let me log in finally!!)

SECOND -
    Thought and talking bubbles are huge and empty, +/- signs are huge, No effects from the new effect machine, no fish in the digital Aquarium, fire not visible, build sparkles don't go away. NoMosaicAMB mod. Mod has been updated. Get the new one at MTS. This Mod can cause other issues, especially missing or strange effects.

THIS ^ DOES NOTHING FOR ME! I deleted that mod, updated it, turned off all CC, ect. & all those effects still don't work. Has any one found another solution to this mess??
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top