Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims keep disappearing ...

I don't know what to do. One minute they're there and the next they are gone. I can't exit out of their actions when they disappear either. Also one of my sims couldn't stop picking up the pan to make waffles. She kept going back to it over and over again. Has anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• Options
    abs014000abs014000 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My Sims keep disappearing, too. The game was working fine for several days and then a couple days ago it crashed on me, kicking me to my desktop without any error messages (checked in Windows Event Viewer). When I started the game up and went back in one of my sims was invisible. I tried evicting the sims with their lot and moving them to another location- the sim that was invisible was visible again and his partner became invisible. Arg! The only way I can restore them is to copy my sims to a location but of course they'll lose all of their skills and jobs. Is there any other way around this?

My Computer Specs:
    Windows XP SP3 with latest updates
    Intel e8400
    4 GB Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 800 MHz
    WD Velociraptor 300 GB HD
    EVGA GTX 285 @ factory clock speeds running on Detonator 185.85 drivers

I formatted my computer recently when I installed my Velociraptor hard drive so the OS should be fairly clean.

PS - I also tried using 'resetSim' and the other cheat codes with no luck.

Any help or further advice?

Thanks!!

• Options
    LunadeeLunadee Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bump.
  • Options
    AibakugeAibakuge Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem, My sim disappeared so i would try refreshing by going to edit their outfit or throw a party etc. anything that causes a new screen.
    It worked at first but then create a sim would stop loading too, and now my sims husband disappears, the two newborn sims I have are fine it's just the adults...
  • Options
    abs014000abs014000 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :(

I just gave up and started from scratch again...I hope the patch will fix this issue.
  • Options
    Wrath_deeWrath_dee Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am on Week 3, Day 7 and I think I am encountering the same issues too.

My SIMS will go invisible (on & off) suddenly & when I put an action to it such as eat (at home), the need bar just wont increase. I currently managed to maintain its needs via going to the community to dine but when I get back home, same thing happens. Tried going to neighbour's house to shower but bubble said it was rude, nah...

>> Edited

Another thing I notice after the a/m is that my SIMS wont react to an action & would just "stare in blanks". It wont work either when I tried to cancel that action, sigh!

---

I wonder if someone already have a solution to this glitch?
  • Options
    AibakugeAibakuge Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well if someone has solved the glitch.. they sure aren't telling us. :cry:
    I just started a new game while leaving my glitched one saved, so far nothing bad is happening, but I'm not so sure it'll stay that way for long.
  • Options
    OceansOceans Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is there any way at all to get the sims back?
    I've been playing a family for four generations in the past 3 weeks and keeping them in the same house. I switch to make one a girlfriend and then I realize that the family is gone! I am so choked :(!!! Isn't there a way we can manually bring them back?
  • Options
    dees1dees1 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I am beginning to think there is a secret to the game. My sims kept disappearing, One of the spouses from a married couple disappeared, and I looked all over the map for them to see if they moved out. They were no where to be found. He still showed up in the sim Panel as being married, but not in the household. I had the other sim invite the missing sim over. He still kissed his spouse and loved his children but wouldn't woohoo. He always had to leave around dark. I had the spouse that still lived in the house to ask the disappearing sim to leave. I paused the game and put it on slow and kept following him. I followed him past the town and big tower. There he went into an empty field with only a mailbox and garbage can, no house and disappeared. I did it a second time and there are whole fields with no houses, but streets with mailboxes and garbage cans. It doesn't seem possible all of those empty lots with just garbage cans and mailboxes and no houses would be that big of a glitch in the game. Maybe the zombee or warlock book has the answer. I hope someone finds out. Oh I forgot to mention, I put the active sim on pause and followed the roads directly from his house. I seen some of the cars of the missing in the river and crashed into trees.I believe there could be a whole invisable part of the city in the outer parts.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    hwd558hwd558 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    For some reason several families of my sims have disappeared too. :shock: such as after I saved and quit the program I returned 30 min. later only to find that they had vanished. I looked at their friends and neighbors who were'nt able to call or communicate with them nad I searched the town to no avail; their house was abandoned but when I accessed the family tree it said they were alive. :( :? the only other errors that I encountered were the true mother and father of a sim were listed as his mother and step-father and when I changed active households then returned to the previous household the program had killed one of my sims and I couldn't find her grave anywhere. :cry: But the wierdest thing was that all the errors that I found occured in one bloodline and their roomates but that could just be because that family was the one I most commonly played on as my active family. =,= :shock: :?:
  • Options
    gretebjorndalgretebjorndal Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Some of you might have the same problem as I have had; It seems there is a limit of how many sims you can have in the town at once. I think the limit is at about 50 sims. When its full and somebody has a baby or I place out a new sim, another random familiy disappears. If it is meant to be this way there should have been a warning/message, and we should have been able to choose which sim to remove from the game.
  • Options
    itsjakeitsjake Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm having this same issue as well, and it has happened over and over again, but to different families. One entire family was wiped out once and a couple of other times one or two members of a family vanished.

That guess might be correct about a maximum number of sims allowed in the town. I hope there's something that can be done, though.
  • Options
    AmSay8DAmSay8D Posts: 36 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yea, my familys keep dissapearing. Someone said it might be due to using testingcheatsenabled true but my Gates and Poole(🐸🐸🐸🐸 for whoever wants to laugh at my nerdness) are still there. But, my entire Metal Gear Solid(Eva, Snake, Big Boss, Ocelot, The Boss, The Sorrow, Volgin, Raiden, Ivan and Meryl) group is gone, and I'm SUPER ******.

So is my Ryan Ross and Brendon Urie, they're gone too.

I mean, seriously, if it's people having babies or something, then that's not my fault if flippin' premade characters keep moving in and having babies. What am I supposed to do, evict them all before they decide to pull a real life sitation and kill the world because they can keep their legs closed?

Pffft. D=< Not cool.
  • Options
    gretebjorndalgretebjorndal Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I now read in another thread that this is a bug they are working on, if you have a PC there's a temp fix for it, nothing for mac yet, but hopefully a real fix is coming soon. They say it seems to be related to switching households, not to the number of sims. I actually deleted all my save games and started over, only playing the pre-made sims for a while, but still, either when changing households or splitting up families, entire (other) families disappeared... Lost the Wollfs, the Landgrabbs and several others. I'll start over again, keeping myself to one household until a fix (witch I dont like, but its better than loosing families..)
  • Options
    VivyyVivyy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    @ gretebjorndal could you please post the link to the temp fix for pc ? thatd be awesome!

same **** thing happened to me today :( 1 wife is gone of the main families i played and 1 husband O_O

• Options
    SakerrrrSakerrrr Posts: 153 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i have the same problem one of my sim is having a convesation with the maid and after having a few secs beside each convo option i chose he kept blinking invisible and visible then all of a sudden all my sims in the house began doing that , i tryed to do resetsim thinking it would fix them but it did nt all the problems began when at night (the night before) every sims in the town well maybe not all but every sim that came out of the theatre ,grocery store and bookshop were all frozen i also had dozens of sims on top of each other at the spot people call cabs,cars what ever their transport mode is , i reseted all of them manually and it took me a lonnnng time to type resetsim <name> for each of them after i was finally done and bunch of them had no jobs and traits at all(not even one) i spoke to a few thinking they would unfreeze if spoken to after that i noticed my blinking sims i tryed to rename the back up of the save game name and it is also broken ,also i had a weird sim move in in one of my created sim house in the same game with no traits at all or jobs (had sent a sim in my family to go meet the one i had created and there was that sim there)
  • Options
    SakerrrrSakerrrr Posts: 153 New Member
    edited July 2009
    bump

if someone has found a way to fix it or or workaround plz post it
  • Options
    meowmixpresidentmeowmixpresident Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    So my sims didnt dissapear but when I go on a different family, its like they never exsisted! Also I started playing on the andrews family (they came with the game) and I made them have a baby and made beau athletic level 10 and change both their looks MAJORLY and had buster clavell move in (using a cheat) and made him get married. Then when I went on a different family, all of that was gone. Can someone pleeeaasseeeee help me??
  • Options
    bulletbexxbulletbexx Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ok this is the problem

my sim, jack wayne has gone missing, he hasnt died he hasnt moved out hes not invisible hes gone, has he like become a hobo or summint hes not in my household list and when i try to get anouther family member to invite it over it comes with no interaction availible.

i havnt been playing long so sorry if im being stupid please help :cry:
  • Options
    Keren0299Keren0299 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think I have the same problem, Lunadee. I've played several families, and it happened after I'd played quite a long time, but this most recent happened relatively quickly, I'm playing the Lum family, and haven't played that long.
    The baby disappeared, then after a bit reappeared and started to crawl to its toy, then it disappeared and after a while it reappeared again and started to crawl towards something... meanwhile its needs are dropping. The same happens for all my sims and the maid, they will start towards something, then disappear for a bit, then reappear then when they start to go to do something they disappear again. Their needs continue to drop. I've tried letting this play in case it corrects itself, but I've not seen an improvement.
    If I click on a sim, or a sim on the short bar on the left (can't remember its name) the view goes to that sim, but the details on the tool at the bottom of the screen stay on the original sim.
  • Options
    Keren0299Keren0299 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I had quit without saving, and when I went back to my family it was OK. I played for a bit, but it started having the problem again (a little later in the day than the previous time). I tried "resetSim Theodore Lum" and when he was invisible nothing happened, and when he was visible he disappeared. Anyone got any suggestions?
  • Options
    popstar4ever246popstar4ever246 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2009
    i hope this helps;
    well first i did resetsim to all of my sims until they are all visible again (have to resetsim each one multiple times)
    then i saved, i went to edit town and evicted my sims with their home, then i deleted the left over home and put the sims that are on the clipboard back there. after that i pressed change active household and chose my house then it worked again :)
  • Options
    stainedglass11stainedglass11 Posts: 1
    edited November 2009
    I am trying everything, I can't seem to get it.. my sims still keep disappearing :| this is something I cannot take.. !! I have a headache now :(
  • Options
    amandamereditamandameredit Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    My sims disapear after i quit the game or come back after being in china, or france, or eygpt. the lots arent there anymore either they are just blue squares on the ground, and one by one my sims disappear until there are none left.
  • Options
    PenelappyPenelappy Posts: 4
    edited January 2010
    I've had a similar kind of issue.
    One day I found my Sim like Stuck in a "non-existent" basement... like just the black area under the house. I used the moveobjects on too,l because she was completely stuck, and moved her to the ground floor of the house. Now, whenever she is not on the ground floor, she is non-existent, she just disappears. And if she is in the basement and i want her to move to the ground floor, she just walks through the floor, without stairs or anything. If you have any solutions to this I'd be incredibly grateful!
  • Options
    BlairWaldorf31BlairWaldorf31 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Same to me too!! :roll:
    This is so frusterating!! I was on week 17 day 2!!!!! :cry:
    If anyone has fixed this or has any suggestions PLEASE help