Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims keep disappearing ...

Comments

• killmeinlovekillmeinlove Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    ok I've been having this issue too, I haven't quite figured out why (I checked how many sims I had and everything) I actually thinking that the game is trying to kill my disappeared sim...no really she's elderly and I have my game set on no aging (I triggered the age change with the cheat)

But any who I've got a little trick for it...TELEPORT. I figured this out my accident cause I was just going to kill her myself because it was really bugging me, so I used the cheat had her teleport somewhere just to see her arrow come up so I could click and kill her and all of a sudden she appeared. She hasn't disappeared again so I don't know how long it lasts but hey it's somethings

(Also I just had to mention that I love the idea of the brendon urie sim <3 )
  • JoanMBJoanMB Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Enter this code: resetsim Firstname Lastname

This is the second time I've had the dissapearing Sim glitch occur and this time I had 2 out of 3 sims in a house dissappear. The only sim still visible in the household was the one at a community lot at the time of the glitch... so I went looking for a fix to the problem. I found this code posted to a video showing dissappearing Sims and it worked great so far. After trying the code my 2 sims became visible again and it only reset their needs and in a good way because all their needs became fulfilled.

GL!!
  • JoanMBJoanMB Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Enter this code: resetsim Firstname Lastname

This is the second time I've had the dissapearing Sim glitch occur and this time I had 2 out of 3 sims in a house dissappear. The only sim still visible in the household was the one at a community lot at the time of the glitch... so I went looking for a fix to the problem. I found this code posted to a video showing dissappearing Sims and it worked great so far. After trying the code my 2 sims became visible again and it only reset their needs and in a good way because all their needs became fulfilled.

GL!!
  • brezchettebrezchette Posts: 132 Member
    edited September 2011
    Wow..It's been what a year or more now and this problem is still not fixed. Sims 3 pets are coming Oct 18 and by the looks of it we're still going to have this problem. I've tried updating the launcher, removing contents, starting all over, and it's worked for about a day or less then went back to the same behavior.

I don't even know if i trust EA anymore or want to play their games anymore. I even tried downloading it onto a whole new PC didn't use any of my past games,cheats,CC's, or anything else. Just the sims game it self, I let my sim go to a club hotspot and boom back to it's old ways.

My cousin is also having the same problem and she just bought the sims 3 no expansions and has a custom gaming computer NEW. I'm really close to just giving up, their lucky i've already pre order the sims 3 pets but after that i won't be bothered with them anymore until they get this problem fixed.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited September 2011
    These bugs continue as The Sims Studio are clueless on this.

Basically, they need a visibility check on the Sims mesh to identify a Sim that as dissapeared (and has not been hidden due to entering a rabbit hole, etc) - if, if it is outside of that scope then it has dissapeared/hidden/whatever for no apparent reason and should either be re-drawn or reset (or whatever it takes to make it visible again).

Many Sims that glitch in this way are still functioning; however, some appear stuck/frozen - this leads me to think that there is confusion in the code for the Player's Sims and those of non-played households as those Sims are set to *dissapear* on certain conditions that effectively make the household a rabbit hole (such as at night) - ie to explain further: sometimes you can have the camera outside another Sims's household and see the Sims inside - often around their bedtime, they will dissapear. The game obviously triggers them to dissapear - sometimes you will still hear them. The problem being that this is also happening to playable Sims, as most Sims 3 players have found out.

The Sims Studio may not be able to find the relevent bugs, therefore, their path forward is visibility checks on the meshes of the playable Sims when they are not in rabbit holes, etc.

The same goes for Sims that are glitching - you can store the current/previous action as a value and use that to reference the Sim's current state to look for irregularities - ie, is the Sim stuck, etc.
  • YumedustYumedust Posts: 572 Member
    edited September 2011
    I hate to bump a semi-old thread, but I figured it would be best to post this here instead of making a new topic.

So... One of my favorite Sim families started to glitch last night and it happened all of a sudden. The family was going about their business and one by one they started to disappear. I couldn't cancel actions and the action menu would stay on the screen unless I clicked on something else. I tried using ResetSim; I also tried clearing the Cache files and clearing the Current Game folder, and it seemed to work... but only temporarily. I just tried to play the same family a few minutes ago, and now whenever I load the game, it only shows the house, and whenever I hover over it, it shows the cursor with an empty house as if no one lives there. I can't even press F5 to bring up the Edit Town, Save, Save and Quit, etc. menu... I have to force quit the game using Control-Alt-Delete. Please tell me someone has found a fix for this. I would really hate to have to start over with this family, I've invested a lot of time into them :(.
  • DarknaeDarknae Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Its sad to see this has not been addressed yet...

My wife and I are having the same issues as a multitude of other players above have stated and my wife brought something to my attention that I haven't seen mentioned on here.

Do you have age progression stopped on your current household and the disappearing/rabbithole sims bug happen?

Remember the game was designed so that your sims would grow old and die, and maybe the world cache for your household is getting too big and causing the engine to glitch because they keep accruing memories into their scrapbooks that aren't being dumped regularly. Thus why when you start a new game it works fine for awhile.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall and try again one more time, deleting my cache's regularly and leaving age progression on. I will report back on my findings after either way. Hope this helps!
  • brezchettebrezchette Posts: 132 Member
    edited September 2011
    Darknae wrote:
    Its sad to see this has not been addressed yet...

My wife and I are having the same issues as a multitude of other players above have stated and my wife brought something to my attention that I haven't seen mentioned on here.

Do you have age progression stopped on your current household and the disappearing/rabbithole sims bug happen?

Remember the game was designed so that your sims would grow old and die, and maybe the world cache for your household is getting too big and causing the engine to glitch because they keep accruing memories into their scrapbooks that aren't being dumped regularly. Thus why when you start a new game it works fine for awhile.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall and try again one more time, deleting my cache's regularly and leaving age progression on. I will report back on my findings after either way. Hope this helps!

Yah, I've tried that as well wasn't any good for me, only thing i didnt try was the uninstall. But i'm going to try just making a new neighborhood and move my main family in like so again. Hopefully it won't start again.
  • KyzelKyzel Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Yumedust wrote:
    So... One of my favorite Sim families started to glitch last night and it happened all of a sudden. The family was going about their business and one by one they started to disappear. I couldn't cancel actions and the action menu would stay on the screen unless I clicked on something else. I tried using ResetSim; I also tried clearing the Cache files and clearing the Current Game folder, and it seemed to work... but only temporarily. I just tried to play the same family a few minutes ago, and now whenever I load the game, it only shows the house, and whenever I hover over it, it shows the cursor with an empty house as if no one lives there. I can't even press F5 to bring up the Edit Town, Save, Save and Quit, etc. menu... I have to force quit the game using Control-Alt-Delete. Please tell me someone has found a fix for this. I would really hate to have to start over with this family, I've invested a lot of time into them :(.

I have exact same glitch. I had it before too and I reinstalled the game and it happened again. Does anyone know if this glitch has something to do with using cheats?
  • Hazelrose124Hazelrose124 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    OMG the same thing just happened to me this morning while i was playing :cry: My sims are still partially there, when they don't do actions. when they do they just randomly disappear!! AHHH I HATE THISSS!!
  • SurfanSunshineSurfanSunshine Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yup. I keep having this problem. I can resetsim and they will sometimes reappear for like a milisecond. I even turned off the game and restarted my computer thinking it was a hardware thing but nothing. it's still doing it... T_T so not fair. I hope the new patch will fix it whenever that comes out. I'm so sick of this happening. it's happened a few times but only now became a real issue...
    Wishes
    -Horses
    -More supernaturals; Fairies, Witches, Mermaids, Shifters that actually turn into an animal.
    -More worlds and, or, ways to create a world for sims 4.
    -More small creatures, Birds, Rabbits... Ect.
  • secret_geeksecret_geek Posts: 45
    edited October 2011
    Same here! So frustrating!
    And I clicked on the link above to get some answers, hopefully, and it brought me to a page that said, "sorry, you don't have authorization to view this page". ***?
  • Ronin1051Ronin1051 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Hey everyone! Try this! If you have World Adventures and your Sims vanish on you, send them on vacation! This will act like a "world move" (i.e. copying your Sims to another neighborhood, which essentially China/France/Egypt are). This will force the game to refresh your Sims without resting anything!
  • Drak_AngelDrak_Angel Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited October 2011
    or you can download Nraas Super Computer and it well automatically recover your missing sims... i didn't even worry about sims missing now... or am i a little off topic... lol :-/
  • KyraSimsLoveKyraSimsLove Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I ' m playing right now. And 2 of my children Dissapeared on the bar of all my family members they Dissapeared but they're still alive because i checked my relationships. I noticed that if you have a kindof huge party , some Sims take your children -___- I've even had my babysitter take my sims.
  • JoBriffittJoBriffitt Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    SOLUTION FOUND!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Click edit town but don't save then click on your household and there should be a button on the right 'Split up household' near the evict button Take out the Sim that has disappeared and move them to a new empty house, change to active household and go to the Sim's house that had disappeared they should now reappear and you should then be able to move them back in with their original household.

Hope this helps x x x
  • LeeLee6776LeeLee6776 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I found that mine were restored to normal after sending them to a community lot, school or work and they were there when they came back home :)
  • jazzybsingerjazzybsinger Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    well this was happening to me and i just saved a copy of the family and started a new game, you keep all your skills, well everything, you just wont have the same people around the town,, or you will, but they wont be the same age if that makes any sense.... but yea, teenage relationships will be gone, sorry, but if you have who you want tin the family for the time being, then just save a copy and start again, its better than deleting
  • WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    edited December 2011
    This is the biggest pile of BS. :evil:
    I have Ambitions and Outdoor Living Stuff. Since the VERY BEGINNING (I haven't been playing Sims 3 long) I have been having CONSTANT issues. And No.. it's not my computer.
    Sims freezing. Sims disappearing. Sims getting stuck. Sims continuously 'popping' out of assigned actions. (ie: they go to work but POP to the outside of the building.. also bringing everyone else in the building with them. I've also been having the POP out of bed happen as well.
    I've deleted entire families, and towns.
    The family I'm playing now just got married. There's only the 2 of them. There are no kids. I haven't been playing The Town (Sunset Valley) long enough for there to be too many sims born there.
    I've said this before and I'll say it yet again.
    EA had NO Business releasing this **** game. It isn't stable. This thread was started 2 years ago! Instead of coming out with new expansion packs and stuff packs... maybe EA should spend some time concentrating on creating a patch that will actually make the game we've already bought - WORK PROPERLY!

Just a thought.

As for me.... I think I'm switching back to Sims 2. :?
  • elimarie88elimarie88 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    I have a brand new computer specifically built for gaming and decided to see if the the sims 3 would run without glitching out like it did on my old computer... i guess thats to much to ask from EA though, my sims disapear about every half hour. at this point i'm just cutting my losses and giving up on EA ever doing anything other then ripping people off
  • puddinpie172puddinpie172 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I called EA GAMES @ 650-628-1500...and tried to talk to someone @ the Sims 3 development team and of course they refused to let me talk to anyone other then customer service

The man i spoke with said he had no information on any new patches coming out..
    he said that most of the time a new patch will be released for the game when a new EP comes out... but they haven't been told of any

he said he has worked there since Sims 3 came out and there are hundreds of calls a day complaining about disappearing Sims...

I asked him if EA even cares because they don't respond to us here in the forums and don't give us even the hint that there trying to fix it... he said of course they do and they will send a coupon for my next purchases...

I told him I don't see any reason to keep buying games that wont work that i have every Sim game ever released from 1 - 3 and that the Sims 2 used to have some bugs but they would at least get them fixed ... he said again that they have no information as to any fixes or when they will have one...

*****I THINK WE ALL NEED TO FIND PHONE #'S FOR EVERY PERSON THEY SHOW ON A VIDEO PREVIEW OR DISCUSSION ON THE GAME AND START A PHONE CAMPAIGN TO CALL ALL THERE HOME AND CELL PHONES TILL SOMEONE COMES UP WITH AN ANSWER AND AT LEAST PUT'S SOMETHING ON THE SIMS 3 SITE THAT THEY RECOGNIZE THE PROBLEM AND ARE WORKING ON A FIX ****** GOOGLE CAN BE VERY POWERFUL
  • MrsKoolAidMrsKoolAid Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    (first post was on my Sims also disappearing... evicting them with their house to a new lot was only a temp fix - see below for perma-fix)

EDIT: OK! I narrowed it down to a pair of custom earrings. I removed those earrings and now my game works fine. When in doubt, throw it out! :D I've found that 9 out of 10 of my bugs has to do with custom content. Best way to do that is just not use it unless you're 100% sure it's going to work with your game. If you still have problems after removing custom content, then it's probably EA's side. Always go through your custom content before contacting EA, because like I said, that's more than likely the issue :) Sims 3 isn't the only game EA is working on, so we should probably cut them a tad bit of slack.. just for now ^_^ Hope this helped!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • puddinpie172puddinpie172 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited January 2012
    well i found a bunch of names of creators and people that work for ea off of there videos... i called ea and left messages with each one ... I WAS VERY NICE...

I looked up some of those names on Facebook... and found over 15 people's pages that work for ea sims 3 ...

It has been over a week since i did this and no returned calls and no messages back on Facebook ....

I'm one person ... i know we write on this board... but we know there not listening here so take it to where ever we can to be heard...

I Want my game to work... and i want the sims to stay the sims we know and love
  • qxwaitnbleedxqqxwaitnbleedxq Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    My sims have been disappearing randomly. At first I thought it was because I'm a testingcheatsenabled ***** :P and then it started when I had a daycare running. The kids would disappear and I would get a bad rep, take a class at the city hall and have to start my career over (which isn't hard when you just drag the bar to gain a career level but still annoying). I have just been entering testingcheatsenabled true and then resetsim simsfirstname lastname and then hitting enter and they return but then as soon as I command them to do something they disappear again. I've been searching sites and forums but no one has a solution. I guess I'm just going to have to give up and start a new family but it really sucks to lose all that I've accomplished and done. (I've maxed all my skills on all 5 sims)I hope someone finds an update of some sort before they have to do what I'm about to do. :cry: fingers crossed for all of you! Good luck.
  • ejpoper229ejpoper229 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2012
    this happened to my friends sim ans she found a way to get them back
    1.invite the sim over
    2.[/list]go into the cheat bar thingy
    3.enter "testingcheatsenabled true"(note enter as writen)
    4.somehow add the person into the house with the cheat
    % after you are done doing that enter "testingcheatsenabled false"

that is what you do.
    Hope you get your sims back
    bye :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D