Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims keep disappearing ...

Comments

• SiljeLienSiljeLien Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2011
    ...Aaaaand I'm bumping this again...
    Just keep simming. Just keep simming. Just keep simming, simming, simming. What do we do? We sim, sim.
  • AngelsteirAngelsteir Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    I do not have World Adventures, but I do have Generations and Night Life. My Sims just disappeared, and yet they were still there on my family listing.I have a family with triplets, and I use no mods. Just straight up playing the game. I would understand if cheats caused this but I don't have them.

Perhaps EA will notice the forums and help us out but it's unlikely since it's a glitch that's been happening for two years.
  • coccidiacoccidia Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    I'm getting really tired of this. I' actually thinking that this is a windows 7 glitch. my Sim that I started on my new computer with windows 7 (nothing has happened to my vista computer) lost his family, the triplets disappeared with the task "return home" (all of them) and the wife is still in the house but unplayable. if I use the husband to interact with her it has a list of introductions. Her face is still on the left hand side of the screen but un-selectable. I have exited with out saving but to no avail. They immediately start disappearing as soon as I reload the game. The babies are still in the family tree, but not in the house. I have absolutely no CC, but have all the EP and SP. This aggravates me so much, this was supposed to be my deployment starter family. Wandering if EA CS will take a call from Afganistan. Well I guess I'll find out if anyone has found a fix in a year. Oh and a note to inquire about, could it be a laptop desk top issue. Desk top has vista still have all my sims. Laptop has windows 7 sims disapear.
  • LenaluvjaLenaluvja Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    I've read a lot about this issue by now. Don't know what to do! I have tried several "solutions", like deleting a package, resetsim and so on... Also, I have read a lot of thoughts by users, who are ambitiously trying to solve the problem, which is to be admired, but it shouldn't be our job to fix this major bug. In spite of their efforts (reinstall, save this, apply that, it is because of this expansion pack, no, it's that expansion pack, don't move objects in your household, start over from scratch!) there isn't a random solution provided by EA. Fact is that de seventh line of my family disappeared. First they were invisible, now they are gone.

I don't have Generation (yet, but not that yet anymore, as I don't want to play further when my beloved families just vanish after days, weeks and months of building them up, not using cheats), but I did install the online package that came with it. Don't know wether it's due to this that I have the bug now.

Anyhow, I'm not very good at computer-issues. I don't want to be confronted with complex moves to save my game and families. When I pay good money to buy EA Games, I want them to work as promised. Having played Sims, Sims2 and Sims3 for years (together with all the expansions that were published) with great joy, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt... But EA will have to come with a solution pretty quick! Because the main reason I like the Sims that much, is the continuum of the game. That quality is threatened now, and I don't like it!
  • LenaluvjaLenaluvja Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    And by "their efforts" I mean the efforts of you, players of Sims3, not the efforts of EA.
  • typhane20typhane20 Posts: 5
    edited July 2011
    my sims have also disappeared, i have lost 2 family because of this, everything would b going find then all of a sudden some one would disappear, i hope there is a way 2 fix this from happening?
  • SiljeLienSiljeLien Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2011
    I haven't found any easy and good solutions, not even mods that fix it. The only solution I have found is some girl in this forum said she deleted Night Life, and then her sims stopped disappearing. I tried deleting WA, but it didn't help. So I don't know... May NL be the problem, or was it just a coincidence?
    Just keep simming. Just keep simming. Just keep simming, simming, simming. What do we do? We sim, sim.
  • marioh99marioh99 Posts: 72 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I have no expansions/add-ons for this game, and just experienced the disappearing Sims issue last night.
    A family of a 3 turned into the invisible people. If I make the game follow the person, it brings me to their last known location in the house.

This is easily a game breaking bug that EA needs to look into. This happens on the base game.

Stupid annoying bugs like this happen when companies become greedy and decide to piece meal games. The only way to stop this sheer greed and madness is to stop purchasing games that are piece mealed like this one. Stop buying the expansion/add-ons. The only thing that EA knows is money. Stop giving it to them, and things WILL change.
  • ahostermanahosterman Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2011
    DRech21US wrote:
    I still think it's entirely ludicrous that EA can't come in and say something on this. For example, "We're unsure as to the cause of this issue but we are looking into it" would work just fine. It just boggles my mind that community support could be so neglected.

I agree! I even went into their Live Chat and spent 2 hours going through a bunch of bs with them only to have the guy tell me to search the forums for the answer! What?!!??!! So what are we supposed to do? I'm getting The Sims 3 - Town Life Stuff tomorrow but why bother when I can't play? And really, why start over when you know the next family will eventually disappear as well? I've lost two already! :evil: :!: :?:
  • Zuzu03Zuzu03 Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Oh my GOD, I just lost two families this way and it's really ticking me off! I JUST bought Generations and that's when it started happening! ARGH! So frustrating - we have a lot of money into this flipping game with all of our expansions. What is up, EA????
  • Karia_ChanKaria_Chan Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    You can get rid of this problem temporarily by moving the family to the library with their house or without the house. But after a while it'll happen again. So don't bother making friends or buying venues (I always forget to sell them before moving out :P )
  • Zuzu03Zuzu03 Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Karia_Chan wrote:
    You can get rid of this problem temporarily by moving the family to the library with their house or without the house. But after a while it'll happen again. So don't bother making friends or buying venues (I always forget to sell them before moving out :P )

So will the ones who have disappeared come back when you do this?
    I'll give it a try! Thanks!
  • TheCheezeAteMyCatTheCheezeAteMyCat Posts: 647 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I have a playable ghost woman, a woman and a man living together. Everything was fine until the guy asked the living girl to marry him. Soon, the girl started "jumping" out of actions. I chose to ignore it thinking that it would stop. But a while later, she was completely unselectable. I was playing her when it happened and she couldn't interact with anyone or anything, and I couldn't access her sim panels. I switched over to the man (who was fine, btw), then I couldn't switch back to the girl.
    I quit the game, and the next time I came back, all three sims' portraits were gone and I couldn't select ANY of the sims. Someone help me.
    :x :evil: :(
  • inque171inque171 Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    i think i may have solved the problem, my sims 3 expension up till town life was have the problem for 3~4 months now have stop playing the game since my sims start disappearing. have tried "resetsim" but my sims is still end up disappearing :(

ok heres the step by step
    1) patch the game till latest
    2) turn off all custom content (i've tried to turn back on the custom content again no issues over at mine side))

3) backup your current save (just in case, if you dun know how just search for it in the forum, i too lazy to type it out here :lol: )
    4) load game then go into EDIT TOWN mode
    5) evict the family that has sims disappearing problem (you can evict just the persons, but for my case i evict together with the house it works in my case)
    6) your family will now be in clipboard, feel free to save it into library as a added backup up to you.
    6) you will see the old house still there (feel free to bulldoze it down, thats wat i did)
    7)depending on your personal preferences / likes, you can find another land/house to build/house your family. (as mention in step 6 i bulldoze and simply re-move in my family from the clip board.
    8) most important step after your so called fresh move in.... dun use "testingcheatsenabled true" the teleport sim function .... i didn't use that in my "fresh" game and up till now about 2days (4hrs per day) worth of playing no sims have disappeared :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Disclaimer
    : above is what i did and it seems to work, in the event you tried the above and it dosen't work or worst corrupt your game dun ask me why .... 8) try at you own risk ..... :wink:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • raensamraensam Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I started having problems with the Night Life expansion especially. With sims either disappearing or freezing. Elevators are a huge problem I have found, sometimes I will find a venue with tons of sims outside the elevator waiting to get inside, or trying to go home, who have been stuck there for who knows how long. Sometimes, if I reset all those sims, and replace the elevator in edit town my game will be fine for awhile, but it always starts to mess up again
  • hanisgomomaddiehanisgomomaddie Posts: 12
    edited August 2011
    I am having the same issue. This is frustrating! As with everyone else I wish that they would fix it. I have tried the suggestions left on this thread to no avail. :( BOOO ON EA!
  • sqrldecaysqrldecay Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    The first post on this was back in 2009. It is now 2011 and it seems this issue has not been fixed.

My Sims just started disappearing today. They are in my household list and when I click on someone to go directly to their location they are not there. I can still have them do actions such as sleep, eat, etc. but it appears like a ghost is moving these objects.

I do not know how to fix and it is very, very annoying. EA, what are doing to solve this problem? Have you been twiddling your thumbs for two years??
  • Strik3r256Strik3r256 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Ug, why is this game broken every time I go to play it...

I'm getting the same bug. I've gotten stuck in elevators and bars in night life, but abnormal disappearing and re-appearing is new.
  • cali978cali978 Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    this is so annoying. I really want to play this game but unfortunately the baby in my family keeps disappearing. I dont know what to do. and there doesnt seem to be an solution to this problem. I've stopped playing. Its just too infuriating to keep playing. :(
  • celticmaiden7475celticmaiden7475 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Im having problems with my sims disappearing, they get stuck when they use the camara, I can't dig up artifacts when they got to france china and egypt and the items that they buy at the markets some times don't show up in the family inventory. I have lost several games to my sims disappearing. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • Sims3Pony101Sims3Pony101 Posts: 2,163 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I had this too. Do you use 'moveobjects on' cheat? The first time i used that my sims kept doign weird things like walking through ceilings and going invisable :) When i turned it off it worked perfectly fine...
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2011
    I love the moveObjects cheat, but do not try to play with it on. It causes routing issues on your lot (or it CAN cause them), so always turn it off after you use it.

I bought a new, very powerful, computer and had the disappearing Sims thing happen when I put my Sims games on it (I didn't use any CC or mods and I didn't use any of my old saved lots, sims, or games, so it was as vanilla as can be, I had only EA-made content and everything was patched as I went).

I was SO discouraged. Then I read something that APPEARS to have helped. Now, each and every time before I start to play, I go into my documents and delete the four cashe files. I also delete anything in the "current game" folder as that should be empty except when you are actually playing the game.

Fingers crossed, but I've played for hours and hours since then and haven't had this problem again. That doesn't mean I WON'T have it again, but deleting the cashes is something to try.

Good luck (to all of us)!
    oow785m
  • Aqua98Aqua98 Posts: 514
    edited August 2011
    I've had this problem! However it was with other sims in the town. My sims girlfriend has disappeared as well as their younger sister. None of them were part of my active family but it is still very annoying.
  • RamsayBoo143RamsayBoo143 Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    My Does Too! Whenever I Get Someone To Go to sleep in their beds on the lower level, and when I switch to anyother sims and switch back, the sims in the bed is invisable and Its Starting to bug me cause it's happened TWICE?!?! Please help! :?: :!: :(
  • sexyglo99sexyglo99 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2011
    My Sims have disappeared as well, but from the active sims. I can see them walking around in the house, but I can not control them; like they have turned into NPCs. I tried to switch to another house, and the name of the family is there, but their is no picture of them. I uninstalled all CC and it is still happening.

It is pointless to even play the sims until this problem is fixed.