Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims keep disappearing ...

Comments

• Options
    KierkaiKierkai Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    i forgot the last as most imporant part for most of you. your sims porbbaly are currently bugged as such they will need to be reset.

Ctrl Shift C
    resetsim insertfullnamehere

then clear the caches again for good measure.
  • Options
    Halliwell33Halliwell33 Posts: 14
    edited June 2011
    So i have a ton of new families but the problem is that the babies will dissapear. Its terrible. I look at the newspaper and apparently they tell you shocking stories of how certain babies die. Another thing is that some certain sims die. Like the 3 of the daughers of the wolfs and the whole Hart family. I hate it. Sims 3 has to hurry with the path! :evil: :!:

Same issue here! i gotta keep checking on all my preg sims!, its really annoying someone needs to fix it!
  • Options
    jpne781jpne781 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Im getting really annoyed, I only have two people in my household, and it can happen at any point during the game whether it be 5 minutes in or half an hour in.
    I send them into town or even something as simple as making food and they either freeze and just dont move or they disappear everything is still there but the sim and they remain like that.
    I constantly have to quit the game and reload it again and its just not worth the time im on it.
    :( I love the Sims but this is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    jpne781 wrote:
    Im getting really annoyed, I only have two people in my household, and it can happen at any point during the game whether it be 5 minutes in or half an hour in.
    I send them into town or even something as simple as making food and they either freeze and just dont move or they disappear everything is still there but the sim and they remain like that.
    I constantly have to quit the game and reload it again and its just not worth the time im on it.
    :( I love the Sims but this is just ridiculous.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/212825.page and welcome to the forum
  • Options
    bward24601bward24601 Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    Kierkai wrote:
    POSTING MY FIX.

so i was goin through some of the forums, Found this one and decided to try helping since EA has no interest in any of you :/.

What I do whenever my sims start skiping, disappearing or otherwise acting weird is first save and quit. Next is to delete all of the cache.packages for the game. that's C:/Program files/Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 or where you happened to isntall. I bought my copy though Steam so it's in My Documents. Reguardless I rarely have the time to figure out where it's a Sim, Environment, or script goof up so I delete:

CASPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package

I don't do userPresets as it's too much trouble reseting my game options and it's never the cause of the problem anyway. Delete that caches of how the game reads the data stored, and all of the little problems from bad coded that got piled up in the cache that lead o this problem go away. This is nto a perminant fix, the bug that's cause the cache to build the way it did will happen again. simply "clean the office" and repeat your game play

Sorry but this doesn't work. I have a save that is about one game hour from my sims disappearing. Like clockwork they just go no matter what they are doing. Deleting the packages didn't help :(
  • Options
    JuniorS89JuniorS89 Posts: 120
    edited June 2011
    I've never had this disapearing Sim problem before now. Both my Sims disappeared when I went to Egypt. I'm s'pose to have all the patches installed on my game. I would like to be directed to a place where I can make sure that this is true. Because of this particular bug I had to go back to a previous save, because it is impossible for me to play the game without my Sims. The reason it was impossible for me to continue playing is cuz one of the Sims that had disappeared was the Sim I was currently controlling. This is y I had to back to a previous save. I currently have my game on auto update. I have been voiced to uninstall and reinstall my games a few times, Does this effect the patches u've installed? Can u please help me?!!
  • Options
    LianndriLianndri Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    I've only started having the problem since I installed Generations, I would play the game and everything would be fine and then all of a sudden my sims would start glitching. My sim would go to sleep and zap out of the bed after a few seconds and she would keep climbing back in and in and in.... then 2 of her teens just disapeared, I could see them but had no actions. Their household icon goes invisible and then the daughter had a completely other name and surname and then "her mother" could do a friendly introduction! Everything just resets... It's happened 3 times and I just create a new family and play with them instead of continuing.

I read that using the "testingcheatsenabled true" may have an effect.
    I usually don't update my sims games with patches, should I?
  • Options
    dollyloverdollylover Posts: 516 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Some of you might have the same problem as I have had; It seems there is a limit of how many sims you can have in the town at once. I think the limit is at about 50 sims. When its full and somebody has a baby or I place out a new sim, another random familiy disappears. If it is meant to be this way there should have been a warning/message, and we should have been able to choose which sim to remove from the game.

Only 50 sims in a neighborhood, nooooooooo, I probably have some missing to, I go for big families, there is always some family moving out and new ones moving in, fortunately so far my playing sims havent moved out.
    But what i've been reading here is just scary. we should have the option on who to boot out. not teh game doing it for us and breaking up families. :twisted: :evil:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm 100% sure that my game is up-to-date now. So these problems shouldn't still occure, but I'll wait until the realease of the next EA patch, which should come out next month. I hope these malfunctions don't happen again. I don't think the myth that u cannot have to install each patch one by one is false, cuz the won't let u do this if u have latest patch!! Your game can be completely to date just by installing the latest patch cuz that will get all the fixes on the game. That I am sure of. Now I do pray that they fix this soon. I hate stupid bugs. :!:
  • Options
    brezchettebrezchette Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm also having this problem, as soon as i enter into the game my sims are fine everything is perfect... but, as the game continues they beginning to bug out. First thing that happens is them disappearing... Then when i reset them they go back to normal for about a minute then disappear again. The second thing that happens is i can't cancel their actions or they'll keep repeating the same actions like when i send the kid to school she'll get to school and keep going into the school and out over and over. I have notice that i've been having problems ever since i did the testingCheatsEnabled true code, But even when i moved them into a brand new home that took me forever to build and cleared the cheat they still have the same problems. I would start a new family but i've already worked really hard to get my sims to where their at in their careers, skills, and fame. They're almost maxed in all skills..something really needs to be done. I've also removed and disabled custom contents from the game completely and still continue to have these issues. I really hope this all goes away before the sims 3 pets are released cause I'd hate to have a horrible game experience on the game i've been waiting on since Sims 3 came out =(. I have all the expansions and just the outdoor living stuff pack, my problems started in late night thats when i first used the testingcheats code. So i don't know if it has anything to do with generations expansion.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Here's some problem's that EA needs to fix soon with a patch:

The game will not let my Sims travel anywhere. My game goes to the location & my Sims stay in Riverview. I can look at the foreign cenery but that is all I can do. The only I can fix this is to go back to a previous save. This is annoying.

Missing map tags in map view. I go to map view & my tags aren't there on only one of my Sims. This is annoying.

EA needs to fix this with a patch before they release Sims 3 Pets EP. Glitches like this are annoying.
  • Options
    LadyMobesLadyMobes Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I am having similar issues. I have one family that it keeps happening to. I almost lost the mother when a fire broke out and she caught on fire! I tried to get someone to call the fire department, but they all disappeared. And it wasn't like a flicker, they didn't come back. I had to exit out w/out saving because I didn't want to come back to a burning building! I have 6 sims in the house (all vampires) 2 adults and 4 teens. And it's not just the adults that are disappearing, it's all of them. And it seems that once one goes away, they all do.I am at my wits end! I have put so much time and effort into this family I would hate to have to delete it and start over!
  • Options
    ItsMad1ItsMad1 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2011
    My sim has gone invisible... :S she is in the side bar where you select the sim to control, but her picture is not there...she is playing the keyboard and when i click to cancel and red X appears, as normal, but she doesn't stop playing. (well i can't see her but i hear the keyboard and box still there wih red X.)

When i select another sim to play with, then click back to broken sim, it will not let me selct or control or do anything with her....HELP :(
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited July 2011
    Speaking of glitches...this post is from a thread I made which appereantly isn't as interesting as these machinima-whatever threads. So I don't really know if I'm the only one experiencing this:
    My sims keep peeing on themselves even though the bar shows green, and sometimes they do it twice in a row! This is annoying me because my sims are in a constant miserable mood due to their incidents.

This just started to happen out of nowhere.

Also in around the town in general...cars are stuck and they're just standing in the middle of the road.

Another thing that is a major problem is something that has been for a while. Every house my sim walks into has turned into a "rabbit hole". Meaning that the furniture is gone and the walls are up. Those times I do get to see inside a home or a community lot...I have to zoom out to the maximum almost in order to see the sims because if I zoom in on them...they fade away. Like a rabbit hole does when you zoom in on the building.

I've never had these problems before. The game is pretty much unbearable for me to play. Just because of the bugs and glitches.

I ended up re-installing it today. First three seconds it seemed ok, but then I had an already existing sim from the game..visiting another and voila!...walls up and furniture gone. So this must be a bug. I can't play the game because I need to scroll out in order to see my sims, which is highly annoying.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    babyboy98683babyboy98683 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Yeah anytime I start gardening my sims just go invisible and you can't stop them from doing anything. This is getting really annoying.
  • Options
    IrishHunny13IrishHunny13 Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    I'm having similar issues. My main Sims' faces are still on the left side of the screen but they are invisible and unplayable. I've tried resetting my sims, resetting the lots, etc but soon enough they disappear again and after a few resets, they stop appearing when I reset. One of my families, the whole family disappeared on the side as well. I thought it might just be certain families, but I've played multiple families and it's happened to all of them. I've tried just exiting without saving when this happens but soon enough after re-entering the family, it happens again. I never have more than one family I play in a single neighborhood so I don't think my family has disappeared because I hit the maximum sims allowed in a town. A lot of times, this happens after the first time traveling abroad.

I never had this issue until I installed Generations. It seems a lot of people have had this issue. I mean this stream and MANY like it go all the way back to 2009!!!!!! Why don't they fix this issue??

I'm seriously getting sick of this. I'm annoyed I've spent all this money on The Sims and stuff like this keeps happening. I'm considering just removing The Sims from my computer and never wasting another penny or minute (let's be honest, hours) on it again.
  • Options
    ladyhart08ladyhart08 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I have three sims in my household and only one is functional. The other two are invisible. I can't click on them or anything. I'm really upset because everything was fine until my sim came back from France. :(
  • Options
    TPNDrewTPNDrew Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Yup, I'm here for the same reason. I bought the game and all EPs and SPs this past weekend, started a family and worked my way up to level 10 careers on the parents raised three kids to children stage. I went to China and came back and everything seemed fine. Then the mother became un-selectable. Her picture was still there, and she was standing in the apple grove I planted, but she wouldnt do anything. I reset her and then saved.

When I loaded up again, her picture on the left was gone and so was she (took her car with her to boot). She is still in the family tree but nowhere to be found, and can't be called and invited over. A copy of her appeared in the family bin, but that copy of her is not related to the family and has none of her achievements.

I've been a long time player of the series, hung on to Sims 2 since the core game was released 7ish years ago. This is not a good introduction to the new version, IMO.
  • Options
    TPNDrewTPNDrew Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Quick update:

I moved my family out of their house (the Goth family house in Sunset Valley) to an empty lot (packing all family belongings). I evicted the broken family to the family bin, then moved them into the Goth house again. The mother is back (sans car). Hope this helps some of you guys because this glitch sucks.
  • Options
    DRech21USDRech21US Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I still think it's entirely ludicrous that EA can't come in and say something on this. For example, "We're unsure as to the cause of this issue but we are looking into it" would work just fine. It just boggles my mind that community support could be so neglected.
  • Options
    dreamyeyezdreamyeyez Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2011
    It's not a matter of traveling. I haven't traveled in either of the last 2 families it's happened to in my game. I've looked past a few issues with the game but this one is just a little too big. It's causing me to have to start all over multiple times and every time I think about starting the sims I'm less enthusiastic because I'm certain I'm going to have to start the new family over eventually and each time it seems less and less worth it. I would really love for this to be fixed but given this thread started in 09, I have little faith in that.
  • Options
    SiljeLienSiljeLien Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2011
    Bumping this thread. I have the exact same problem :evil:
    Just keep simming. Just keep simming. Just keep simming, simming, simming. What do we do? We sim, sim.
  • Options
    SangraSangra Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    figured out why my sims keep on disappearing. I did this twice with my characters and saved the good game. Basically this is a world adventure bug, I just took a trip to france with two of the family members. Did my deed what I had to do in france and then came back home. Everything seemed fine on the return home. After I quit and saved the game, the next day I played again. But it seems two of the characters that didn't go on the trip were the ones that disappeared. The two that went on the trip were still active. I have night life, ambitions, high-end loft, and world adventures expansion packs. I find this a strange bug and can't believe they missed this, but what do you expect pressure from EA. :!:
  • Options
    SangraSangra Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    DRech21US wrote:
    I still think it's entirely ludicrous that EA can't come in and say something on this. For example, "We're unsure as to the cause of this issue but we are looking into it" would work just fine. It just boggles my mind that community support could be so neglected.

They will just delete the thread. I tried to keep my posting in one thread but the deleted the other one.
  • Options
    SiljeLienSiljeLien Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2011
    Sangra wrote:
    figured out why my sims keep on disappearing. I did this twice with my characters and saved the good game. Basically this is a world adventure bug, I just took a trip to france with two of the family members. Did my deed what I had to do in france and then came back home. Everything seemed fine on the return home. After I quit and saved the game, the next day I played again. But it seems two of the characters that didn't go on the trip were the ones that disappeared. The two that went on the trip were still active. I have night life, ambitions, high-end loft, and world adventures expansion packs. I find this a strange bug and can't believe they missed this, but what do you expect pressure from EA. :!:
    Seriously?? So the bug will disappear if I remove WA? I have WA installed, but I never play it, so if that can make the bug go away, I'd be more than happy to remove it.
    Just keep simming. Just keep simming. Just keep simming, simming, simming. What do we do? We sim, sim.