Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    illustrationillustration Posts: 168 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Nakanja wrote:
    Did you know Vito Alto is filthy rich? I never would've guessed.

(Mortimer said this in a gossip to Geoffry Landgraab. I think he already knew that Mortimer; the huge mansion across the street might've tipped him off.)

hahahaha
  • Options
    iMmaEFFINdinoXDiMmaEFFINdinoXD Posts: 236 New Member
    edited July 2009
    illustration, AMAZING siggy[:
  • Options
    ChimpChimp Posts: 130 New Member
    edited July 2009
    c0op3r wrote:
    they have a "clean the house" option? Is that for only neat sims?

umm i havent found anything yet, i do like when you go to work you have options of how they do it.

yep this is
  • Options
    Agent_66Agent_66 Posts: 113 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, I got as far page 6 and then figured I couldn't go through all 140 more pages.

Here are some of the things I've noticed (if they've been mentioned, my bad)

- Sims can now sing in the shower. I don't believe it's a matter of traits; it could be that they are in a good mood

- Ghosts are playable; however previously married ghosts sims will now be divorced (yeah, irritates me too)

- To my knowledge, not ALL careers have limos. Only music (both branches) and politics, I believe and it's only level 7 (8) of politics. I do know that level 10 music gets limos.

- You can go to the cemetary and mourn your dead. Complete with crying. If you stay long enough, ghosts will show up. There is also the option of holding a funeral; people say you can, I obviously had a glitch cause I never got the option.

- When emotional, sims can 'console' or 'calm down' a sim (I belive works better if traits include good, friendly, and charismatic)

- Sims high in the cooking skill/career will show off as they prepare meals.

- Genius & easily impressed sims will be 'fascinated' at random things. Or will 'contemplate' an object.

- If a sim buys property, they have the ability to rename it (ie the hospital, fishery, theater)

That's what I know so far. I noticed a couple people found Stonehenge, but where exactly? If it's not on the map, how're others going to find it?
  • Options
    BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2009
    When your sim raches the top of the athletic career their kids have the option to worship them. It's pretty cute.
  • Options
    kamcil19kamcil19 Posts: 10,574 New Member
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    iMmaEFFINdinoXDiMmaEFFINdinoXD Posts: 236 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Agent_66 wrote:
    Well, I got as far page 6 and then figured I couldn't go through all 140 more pages.

Here are some of the things I've noticed (if they've been mentioned, my bad)

- Sims can now sing in the shower. I don't believe it's a matter of traits; it could be that they are in a good mood

- Ghosts are playable; however previously married ghosts sims will now be divorced (yeah, irritates me too)

- To my knowledge, not ALL careers have limos. Only music (both branches) and politics, I believe and it's only level 7 (8) of politics. I do know that level 10 music gets limos.

- You can go to the cemetary and mourn your dead. Complete with crying. If you stay long enough, ghosts will show up. There is also the option of holding a funeral; people say you can, I obviously had a glitch cause I never got the option.

- When emotional, sims can 'console' or 'calm down' a sim (I belive works better if traits include good, friendly, and charismatic)

- Sims high in the cooking skill/career will show off as they prepare meals.

- Genius & easily impressed sims will be 'fascinated' at random things. Or will 'contemplate' an object.

- If a sim buys property, they have the ability to rename it (ie the hospital, fishery, theater)

That's what I know so far. I noticed a couple people found Stonehenge, but where exactly? If it's not on the map, how're others going to find it?

i never got the funeral option either, and buisness career gets the limo. i only know cuz i did :mrgreen:
  • Options
    brekatannbrekatann Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know that a sim with a vegetarian trait will fix "tofu" dogs?
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2009
    -Brave sims can demand a raise when at work. Click on their work building when they're there and see what happens.

-Kleptos can return stolen items by mail or person

-If your party animal throws a party and does the party animal interaction of Woo to a couple of people they become the life of the party... and a positive moodlet!

-If your sim throws a party, and a party animal sim woos him, it will be an awesome party from the party animal attending (seperate from the end awesome party, right after the interaction)
  • Options
    stonewallangel26stonewallangel26 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lannabug wrote:
    Triplets (and I'm assuming twins, though I haven't had twins yet) come home from the hospital in the same basket.
    Nope twins are carried by both parents there is a life time reward called a fertillity treatment that means all births will results in twins or triplets better out come if both parents have it and did you know you could get knocked up by ur boyfriend? my sim did and when he asked her to marry him she said no just like real life lol
  • Options
    jktee511jktee511 Posts: 7,501 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Do you know that you can't juggle pancakes in the game?
  • Options
    stonewallangel26stonewallangel26 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I was trying to keep up with this post but it grew too quickly. Not sure if it's been mentioned.. It was driving me crazy to have to put grocery items in the fridge one at a time until I figured out that it has a little thumbnail in the upper left corner that lets you move the whole quantity at one time.
    where this I havent seen it I just stop buying them and paying per meal cuz it was driving me nuts
  • Options
    peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited July 2009
    wow i didn't know about the athletic career thing. cool x]
  • Options
    RoseVampiraRoseVampira Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :quote=musicmom11]Did you know?...

1. the motherlode cheat works
    2. Sims can now climb out of pools without ladders.

What have you found out? :P[/quote]

How do you use the cheat?

If you give a sim natural cook dishes like pancakes and waffles won't come out horriffying quality on th first try. :XD: Wait is that to obvious
  • Options
    NokachiNokachi Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Nokachi wrote:
    Apparently, it's 'possible' to have the baby - read: saw a screenshot of RubyFruzzle having Grim's daughter at Stonehenge, maybe you've seen the thread? :lol: - but when I tried it, she ran all the way home and I couldn't click on the action. >.<

Actually, the moment the baby was actually born, they teleported home. The pictures of me with sparklies are outside of Epic Castle, but I was careful not to show any of it, so it looked like I never left Simhenge. Then I went back to Simhenge for moar pix.

... ****.
    EmmaSmile wrote:
    Did you know theres a hidden, secret trait, that lets you start fires? And set things on fire? Given mostly to son/daughter of firefighters.

Actually, the pyro trait is a huge letdown. Yeah, you can start fires, but it only sets one thing on fire, and then it poofs out on its own. Not even any scratch marks. And apparently, you can only start fires in your own home. I've tested this out, and I couldn't anywhere but home. Meh.
    Agent_66 wrote:
    - You can go to the cemetary and mourn your dead. Complete with crying. If you stay long enough, ghosts will show up. There is also the option of holding a funeral; people say you can, I obviously had a glitch cause I never got the option.-

It's a party. Ironic, eh? Click the phone, throw party, and 'funeral' will be a listed option.
    Agent_66 wrote:

You look for it. Half the fun is finding it - or so I've read, as I found it through a description by some spoiler. If you really want to know, though...

SPOILER
    Stonehenge is a group of rocks. Shaped like Stonehenge. You can find it off the Goth home in Map View; Tilt your screen so the Goth Manor is North of the Graveyard, and you'll see Pinochle Pond. Go left, and tada! You found it.
    /SPOILER
    How do you use the cheat?

Go in-game, and control-shift-c, I think. Mac is command-shift-c. type in motherlode.
    *Note: For unlock outifts, open the cheats console before entering CAS. Can be done in-game, open console, type unlockoutifts on, plan outift. For the control-clicking for Lifetime Happiness Points, I think testingcheatsenabled true should be typed before entering game. Not sure on that last one, though.*
  • Options
    Brownbutterfly74Brownbutterfly74 Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2009
    FYI The Money Tree seed can be found at the graveyard.
  • Options
    Rad6380Rad6380 Posts: 251 Member
    edited July 2009
    i never got the funeral option either

Funeral's a permanent option, but it's under 'Throw Party' - you can select house party, birthday party or funeral.
  • Options
    lucyb135lucyb135 Posts: 185 Member
    edited July 2009
    i dont know if this is just me but you can see the green pattern on the disk on the otherside of it.

:shock:
  • Options
    Smarty_Sims3Smarty_Sims3 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Don't know if this has been posted but, if you want twins or triplets you can get super fertility treatment for 10,000 lifetime points and also. The more water melons you eat, the more ****** you are to have agirl and the more apples you eat means that you have a higher chance of having boys.
    Also, the bool prop cheat still works except it just dosent have the bool prop at the beginning.

:wink: :oops: :roll:
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited July 2009
    I was trying to keep up with this post but it grew too quickly. Not sure if it's been mentioned.. It was driving me crazy to have to put grocery items in the fridge one at a time until I figured out that it has a little thumbnail in the upper left corner that lets you move the whole quantity at one time.
    where this I havent seen it I just stop buying them and paying per meal cuz it was driving me nuts

Go to inventory. Each object will have a folder over corner on the top-left side. Double click on that and it'll open the inventory stack so you can see each item individula. Click on the corner once and you can drag it anywhere - into the 'fridge or to another Sim's inventory.
  • Options
    mike1117mike1117 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know if you go into the Game files, (C:Program Files/ElectronicArts/Sim3 file, not the one in your documents) and click on the executable file (not the launcher), you can play the game without a disc in the drive.
    OOOPPS, now that I've said it, it will probably get "fixed" in a patch
  • Options
    Unity99Unity99 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2009
    DYK that your sim can give the Collection Helper to other sims in the family? Just drag the item from the inventory to the sim. Instead of using 30.000 points to buy a new for each sim, I let my sims inherit it from an older family member.
  • Options
    heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Unity99 wrote:
    DYK that your sim can give the Collection Helper to other sims in the family? Just drag the item from the inventory to the sim. Instead of using 30.000 points to buy a new for each sim, I let my sims inherit it from an older family member.

Not only that ... you can trade the Helper (and other reward items) back and forth as much as you like - as often as you like. They don't even have to be at home - if you have a Sim using the Moodlet Manager in the library, for example, you can easily give it to a Sim at home and back again.

I had my two Sims using the Collection Helper as a team, teleporting all over town - they cleaned up ALL the rocks and gems in no time! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PlayerMttjmsPlayerMttjms Posts: 547 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :roll: Babies Pop Out Of No Where At Single Sims!
    :mrgreen: Its A Awsome Game LOL
    mysig_106108586.jpg
  • Options
    playerHearts678playerHearts678 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :shock: :shock:

??? DID YOU KNOW ???

That when your sim dies on a fire not just in sims 3 the gravestone appears on that spot so you have to move it

:hunf: :hunf: