Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond

Comments

• Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited December 2010
    BG your roof looks great now. I love your choice in colours. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Iluvdasims I love your colour palette. The living room looks great so far. I would suggest that you keep the woods in the room the same. The lights also, you have most of the lights the candles, but you have one sconce in the corner. The focus wall looks great. I would like to see a little more of the yellow in the room. I like the rug under the table. This includes some of the yellow. I suggest that you use the same in the living area. I'm not sure about the curtain over the front door.

A little info; you can colour the inside of the windows and doors differently from the outside.

I do suggest that you add a ceiling. It is easy to do. Place the flat roof tiles under your regular roof.

I'm looking forward to more.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited December 2010
    BG your roof looks great now. I love your choice in colours. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Thanks MW :D I may be a little delayed due to the new patches. :roll: my launcher has stopped working but I am able to get into the game and play with the TS3EP03 thing in the Late night Game bin. I am manually patching my game with the incremental patches right now and hoping this will fix my launcher.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Thanks MW :D I may be a little delayed due to the new patches. :roll: my launcher has stopped working but I am able to get into the game and play with the TS3EP03 thing in the Late night Game bin. I am manually patching my game with the incremental patches right now and hoping this will fix my launcher.

Good luck! Should I say...

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, my game is patched but the play button on the launcher does not work. I can still get in with TS3EP03 so at least I can continue...

Iluvdasims, you sure have a great start :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Here is what I have so far for the Living and laundry room.

scree268.jpg

scree269.jpg

scree270.jpg

scree271.jpg

scree272.jpg

scree273.jpg

scree274.jpg

This is what happened when I tried to add ceiling tiles :shock:
    scree275.jpg

Removed a few tiles and I could see the furniture again...thank goodness....I about fainted

scree276.jpg

View of front porch
    scree277.jpg

scree278.jpg

Btw, Is there a budget? If so I am sure I am over so far!

My game is patched but I can't still open with the launcher :roll:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If I am double posting, sorry in advance :P

scree268.jpg

scree269.jpg

scree270.jpg

scree271.jpg

scree272.jpg

scree273.jpg

scree274.jpg

scree275.jpg

Removed a few tiles and I could see the furniture again...thank goodness....I about fainted

scree276.jpg

View of front porch
    scree277.jpg

scree278.jpg

Btw, Is there a budget? If so I am sure I am over so far! :face:
  • Options
    IluvdasimsIluvdasims Posts: 126
    edited December 2010
    Thank you for you feedback, I changed things and finished off the rest of my house! :D

Living Room:

Screenshot-26.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-27.jpg"width=640"

Kitchen:

Screenshot-28.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-29.jpg"width=640"

Bedroom:

Screenshot-30.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-31.jpg"width=640"

Bathroom:

Screenshot-32.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-34.jpg"width=640"

-Iluvdasims xx
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    BUTTONSGINGER I love your house so far! It's really nice! :D xx
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Iluvdasims wrote:
    BUTTONSGINGER I love your house so far! It's really nice! :D xx

Thank you Iluvdasims :D Your house is really nice also! Great job :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2010

scree269.jpg

scree275.jpg

scree276.jpg

View of front porch
    scree278.jpg

Btw, Is there a budget? If so I am sure I am over so far!

My game is patched but I can't still open with the launcher :roll:

Hi BG, no budget.

I'll start with the floor. I love the pattern you have used in areas. My suggestion is that you use that on all of the floor except an outside perimeter of one tile. Just a side note. Those tiles you used for the wood design can be CAS'd with other textures, for instance carpeting, to give a very interesting carpet.

The seating area in the living room looks very close. Can you pull the sofas back a half tile and still have room around them? You could move the bookcase over by the desk and use a wall sconce instead of the floor lamp. Another alternative is to move the desk and bookcase into the alcove by the front door and have the bathroom entrance off of the bedroom.

You seem to be going for a more traditional style here and the floor lamps you have used are more for a modern theme. Have you play tested the chair at the desk? I love the digital fish tank. I suggest a little more cohesion in the woods you have used on the furniture. You have a different woods on the piano, bookcase, desk and coffee table. The room would look great if they were the same wood and colour. Don't forget to add alarms to your builds.

I love the laundry room.

Did you use 'ceiling tiles' from the floor section of build mode? Or did you use the 'roof tiles' from the roofing section of build mode? I have had lots of problems with the 'ceiling tiles' and always use the 'roof tiles'.

Love the layout of the porch. Possibly for the landscaping section of these assignments you could add a railing.

I have a problem with my launcher too. I have to click the start button twice for the game to start. Crazy bugs! I'm looking forward to your next installment.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Iluvdasims wrote:
    Thank you for you feedback, I changed things and finished off the rest of my house! :D

Living Room:
    Kitchen:
    Screenshot-29.jpg"width=640"

Bedroom:
    Screenshot-30.jpg"width=640"

Bathroom:
    Screenshot-34.jpg"width=640"

-Iluvdasims xx

I like the addition of more yellow to your living room. My idea of the palette is to use all of the colours in all of the rooms. Using a different colour as a focus in each room. I would still like to see your rugs match in the living room. The grain on the baseboard is in the wrong direction.

The kitchen looks lovely. I like the floor tile you have used. Could I see a picture of the island please? Do you have a fire alarm? I would like to see a little of the blue and green in this room. The wood on the chair rail and baseboard should be turned in the other direction so it goes with the grain of the wood. I would also suggest that the wood on the cabinets and the wood on the bar stools match.

I love the layout of the bedroom. I like your use of MOO with the dresser. Again though, I would like to see more of the colours. The bedspread and curtains are a great area to introduce the other colours. You can change the channels individually in the pattern to include the green and yellow. I love the wallpaper. That is one of my favourites. Again I would check out the grain direction on the wood on the bed. I'm looking at the four posts. Is it just the lighting or is the side table a different colour?

The bathroom doesn't seem to follow the colour palette except for the green. I like the choice of tiles, but I would use the other colours in your palette instead of the black. I like the layout. Make sure you play test the shower. Make sure to recolour all of the fixtures and the towel rack to match. Do you have a toilet paper roll dispenser? In the bathroom I think curtains would be nice for privacy.

You will need a fire alarm in the living room too. You should have a fire alarm in every room where there is an object that can catch on fire. Also don't forget to put a burglar alarm in the living room. I always put my fire alarm on the outside of the house. Not on the porch but on the side. This way the alarm goes off as soon as the burglar steps onto the lot. If it's on the porch the alarm doesn't go off until they step on the porch.

I have noticed you have used a lot of different window styles. It is always best to stick with one style throughout the house. EA doesn't give you a lot of choice but try to not mix modern and traditional.

I like to see the wood on the windows and doors match on the interior of the house. If you look around your house you will probably see that the baseboards, window trim and the doors are all painted the same.

You have done well so far. Play around with it a little more. The most important thing is that you are happy with it.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

• Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited December 2010
    Haven't posted here in a while, thought I would show my newest creation.

This is the house. It has a grand look with the columns and the different colored exterior. What do you think?

b5fxbs.jpg

This is the landscaping I gave it.

2zdnj2p.jpg

Angle 2:

2lxbi3m.jpg

The house should of been centered in the middle of the lot, but I did not know it was going to turn out this good. I'm happy with it so far.

kquinn1990
  • Options
    LaughingJacksLaughingJacks Posts: 160 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have decided to change my palette to this:
    http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1319993/Golden_Oldies

Will post pictures, hopefully, over the weekend for assignment 2.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited December 2010
    EQ Builds From a Floor Plan: Film at 11
    This is a new trick for me. 8) **Takes a deep breath and plunges in**
    Note: I used the Zero dollar floor tiles from Late Night to find the center of my lot. I will delete the outdoor tiles in the next step. I used the same tiles in different colors to lay out my floor plan. The colors are by no means an indicator of the final product. I took a clue from your roofing tutorial to make mine a little different from the norm. I hope this will be okay for these lessons. I also have not decided if I am leaving open floor plan for kitchen /living room or adding half wall. Will decide in next step.

Front -Walls up /roof on
    screen52.jpg

Right side - Walls up /roof on
    screen53.jpg

Rear - Walls up /roof on
    screen54.jpg

Left side - Walls up /roof on
    screen55.jpg

Aerial view - Walls up /roof on
    screen56.jpg

Aerial view - Walls up /roof off
    screen58.jpg
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited December 2010
    kquinn1990 wrote:

This is the house. It has a grand look with the columns and the different colored exterior. What do you think?

b5fxbs.jpg

2zdnj2p.jpg

Angle 2:

2lxbi3m.jpg

The house should of been centered in the middle of the lot, but I did not know it was going to turn out this good. I'm happy with it so far.

kquinn1990

The front yard looks fantastic. You did great with the different elevations and house exterior. :-o
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    kquinn1990 wrote:

Angle 2:

2lxbi3m.jpg

kquinn1990

I think this is looking wonderful. I like the different textures to the brick. The landscaping is beautiful. I love this view showing the balcony. I'd love to see interior pictures as you go along.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have decided to change my palette to this:
    http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1319993/Golden_Oldies

Will post pictures, hopefully, over the weekend for assignment 2.

That is a lovely palette. I love the deep yellow.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    EQ Builds From a Floor Plan: Film at 11
    This is a new trick for me. 8) **Takes a deep breath and plunges in**
    Note: I used the Zero dollar floor tiles from Late Night to find the center of my lot. I will delete the outdoor tiles in the next step. I used the same tiles in different colors to lay out my floor plan. The colors are by no means an indicator of the final product. I took a clue from your roofing tutorial to make mine a little different from the norm. I hope this will be okay for these lessons. I also have not decided if I am leaving open floor plan for kitchen /living room or adding half wall. Will decide in next step.

Front -Walls up /roof on
    screen52.jpg

Hello EQ. I'm glad to see your here. I have to say I like what you have done with the roof. Variety is the spice of life. I love the idea of using the floor tiles to layout your lot. I know you will do well in assignment 2. You are the Interior Design moderator at The Creators' Consortium after all. You better anyway.

:mrgreen:

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hello and welcome Gillie. I stopped by your studio. I have to say Donald is my fav, but Marcus is so ruggedly handsome. I love your cover pictures. Rec'd them all, but I noticed you don't have any lots in your studio. Maybe I could convince you to try the lessons too.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Has anyone seen any good tutorials lately? Post a link here.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Here is a great thread to see some of the wonderful work done at TS3 Creators' Consortium members.

Creations that deserve a second look

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Wow...so exciting to see everyone here!! This is fun!

Okay here are a few changes I made MW from your suggestions. I didn't have much time last night to work on this.....hopefully more time today.

scree279.jpg

scree280.jpg

scree281.jpg

I don't like the color or pattern on the sconces...will be changing that. Is this any better?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hello :) thank you for your help with the last set of pictures! :D I have changed some things and here are a new set of pics! ((I changed something in every room!))

Living Room:

Screenshot-35.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-36.jpg"width=640"

Kitchen:

Screenshot-37.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-38.jpg"width=640"

Bedroom:

Screenshot-39.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-40.jpg"width=640"

Bathroom:

Screenshot-41.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-42.jpg"width=640"

And yeah the shower does work! :D I played tested everything! :D

((oh and the reason I don't have a laundry room is because I don't have Ambitions, but I left room in the bathroom for it))

~Iluvdasims xx

• Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited December 2010
    Gillie wrote:
    The front yard looks fantastic. You did great with the different elevations and house exterior. :-o

Gillie[/quote]
    Thanks for the feedback. :)
    I think this is looking wonderful. I like the different textures to the brick. The landscaping is beautiful. I love this view showing the balcony. I'd love to see interior pictures as you go along.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Thanks for the feedback. I am having an issue with something. I am trying to get the bathroom sink like this in the picture. But this is how it looks.

2uny06t.jpg

This is the way I have the sink in the bathroom now; it looks off centered.

2ps1sf9.jpg

I may delete the last counter on the right also.

Edit: This is kind of what I came up with.

2u95mxj.jpg

This is another bathroom in the house, just set up different.

id7vyv.jpg

I did the light thing in the upper bathroom with the new tool. You can move pictures and other objects up and down the walls. Pretty cool. :-)

kquinn1990
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top