May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond

Comments

• Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited October 2010
    Here are the updated picture's

Bathroom

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/967/710/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/img]

Over view

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/975/710/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/img]

Sorry if this was to long tried to show you all of the changes that I made. Tell me what ya think :)

No, I don't think it's too long. I've seen much longer. So it's okay. I'm glad you were able to post the pictures. I think you've done a great job. I would like to suggest a rug under the bed in the bedroom though. Then I think you've got it. Now I'm looking forward to the landscaping pictures.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    DeadxRose16DeadxRose16 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Not good at landscaping the tree's, flowers, bushes, and rocks don't agree with me to well. I've used this forum and some other helpful hints but overall it comes out looking gaudy or bare. So I usually keep it to a minimum, doesn't make the outside look to used up but at least its not haywire :shock:

Edit: Oh actually I have another lot that I would like to post pic's to, can't get it up tonight but tomorrow I'll show you another house that I have worked on. Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Not good at landscaping the tree's, flowers, bushes, and rocks don't agree with me to well. I've used this forum and some other helpful hints but overall it comes out looking gaudy or bare. So I usually keep it to a minimum, doesn't make the outside look to used up but at least its not haywire :shock:

Edit: Oh actually I have another lot that I would like to post pic's to, can't get it up tonight but tomorrow I'll show you another house that I have worked on. Thanks again.

Here are some tutorials that might help you with landscaping.

Landscaping 1: Garden Path and Pergola by MerryWiddow.
    Part 1 - Tools of the Trade by Allium
    Part 2 - Creating Gardens by Allium

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited October 2010
    Absolutely love the diner. Looks very much like a 50's diner in the pic above. I love the layout of the lot and the landscaping. The car in the parking lot is a nice touch. The interiors look great. I love the bright kitchen. This would be a great place for a party. No queue in the bathrooms for sure. I've rec'd and upped your downloads.

Thanks for the wonderful comments. :D That exactly how I wanted it to look, very comfortable and inviting, yet classic. Thanks for the rec and download too :)
    Pretty little cottage. I would suggest that if your not going to do a driveway that you terrain paint the ruts the car wheels would make in the grass. I love the landscaping in the back yard. The rocks along the edge of the garden look great. The kitchen area is lovely. I've never used pink in a kitchen before. I looks great. Is there a fire alarm? The dining area and the living room look really nice. I like the painting over the sofa. The bathroom is very pretty. Might I suggest a bottle of bubble bath and a rubber ducky be added to the tub. The study looks like a great place to write. Maybe you could add a stereo. It's always nice to have the stereo on while writing to improve the mood. The bedroom is very pretty. I like the accents walls. Great job.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Will take you comments into view next time, never thought about doing the ruts from the wheels :shock: The fire alarm is behind the fridge, considering I don't normally build a lot using so much pink, I absolutely adore this cottage, and MacyQueen was very happy with it too. Thanks for the comments, recs, and downloads :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Absolutely love the diner. Looks very much like a 50's diner in the pic above. I love the layout of the lot and the landscaping. The car in the parking lot is a nice touch. The interiors look great. I love the bright kitchen. This would be a great place for a party. No queue in the bathrooms for sure. I've rec'd and upped your downloads.

Thanks for the wonderful comments. :D That exactly how I wanted it to look, very comfortable and inviting, yet classic. Thanks for the rec and download too :)
    Pretty little cottage. I would suggest that if your not going to do a driveway that you terrain paint the ruts the car wheels would make in the grass. I love the landscaping in the back yard. The rocks along the edge of the garden look great. The kitchen area is lovely. I've never used pink in a kitchen before. I looks great. Is there a fire alarm? The dining area and the living room look really nice. I like the painting over the sofa. The bathroom is very pretty. Might I suggest a bottle of bubble bath and a rubber ducky be added to the tub. The study looks like a great place to write. Maybe you could add a stereo. It's always nice to have the stereo on while writing to improve the mood. The bedroom is very pretty. I like the accents walls. Great job.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Will take you comments into view next time, never thought about doing the ruts from the wheels :shock: The fire alarm is behind the fridge, considering I don't normally build a lot using so much pink, I absolutely adore this cottage, and MacyQueen was very happy with it too. Thanks for the comments, recs, and downloads :)

You are welcome! :D

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Here is my newest build.

Charlie's Roadhouse
    cover1.png

Download

Pictures

Enjoy time with your friends at the local Roadhouse. It is owned by Charlie, although you hardly ever see him. There is normal Roadhouse fare and nectar to enjoy. A small dance floor or play games. Great place for a party. Community lot designated as Hangout. Built at 180 Redwood Pkwy in Sunset Valley.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Page 518, where are you?

Having fun with this wacky forum!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Still looking for page 518. Found it.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've posted an inspirational bathroom tutorial on my WordPress blog. It is a pictorial tutorial with the idea of giving your imagination a jump start.

Inspirational Bathrooms

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hello all! I finished my house!

The Modern Counrtyside!

The Home!

screenshot_original.jpg"height=400""width=550"

The Living Room!

The Kitchen/Dining Room!

Master Bathroom!

Master Bedroom!

Overview of 2nd Story!

• Options
    edited October 2010
    mw1234 wrote:

The Modern Counrtyside!

The Home!

I see you have fixed the issue of the dormers. I like the furniture layout. It is hard to comment further on the interiors because of overhead shots. I would like to see more pictures from Sim's eye view. Have you looked into changing your cover picture yet? I've rec'd and upped your downloads.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited October 2010
    mw1234 wrote:

The Modern Counrtyside!

The Home!

I see you have fixed the issue of the dormers. I like the furniture layout. It is hard to comment further on the interiors because of overhead shots. I would like to see more pictures from Sim's eye view. Have you looked into changing your cover picture yet? I've rec'd and upped your downloads.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

I have no clue how to set up the cover picture! :P
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mw1234 wrote:

I have no clue how to set up the cover picture! :P

Go to this website and download the Sims 3 Upload Image Changer from Zinda799.

Read all of the instructions on the page first.

Next go to this tutorial by XOX1.

Creating a Cover Picture

IrfanView is a very good free photo editing program. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

You can read this tutorial also by XOX1.

Creating Cover Pic Slide Show

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi guys I have a new lot, it has 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms a large entrance area. Large kitchen/ breakfast nook, a sunken living room and dining room, and a large open plan study area upstairs.

Saksassa House

Front:
    afront.png
    Back:
    screenshotcc.jpg
    Garden:
    screenshot2ol.jpg
    screenshot3qu.jpg
    Entrance:
    screenshot5yx.jpg
    screenshot4wa.jpg
    Kitchen/Breakfast Nook:
    screenshot9je.jpg
    screenshot10pq.jpg
    Sunken Dining Room:
    screenshot11u.jpg
    Sunken Living Room:
    screenshot7fs.jpg
    screenshot8ol.jpg
    Downstairs Toilet:
    screenshot6u.jpg
    Large Open-Plan Study Area:
    screenshot12q.jpg
    screenshot13l.jpg
    Guest Bedroom:
    screenshot15a.jpg
    screenshot16j.jpg
    screenshot17r.jpg
    Guest Bathroom:
    screenshot14s.jpg
    Master Bedroom:
    screenshot19j.jpg
    screenshot18c.jpg
    Master Bathroom:
    screenshot20fr.jpg
    screenshot21i.jpg

Please download and rec if you like it, thanks :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    Chad96Chad96 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I love the interior of your house. the design is really modern.
    I need help with building the exterior of colonial style homes, no matter what I do I just can't get the exterior to look nice. Does anyone have any advice on how to make the exterior of houses look.... Professional?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hi guys I have a new lot, it has 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms a large entrance area. Large kitchen/ breakfast nook, a sunken living room and dining room, and a large open plan study area upstairs.

Saksassa House

Entrance:
    screenshot4wa.jpg
    Kitchen/Breakfast Nook:
    screenshot10pq.jpg
    Master Bedroom:
    screenshot19j.jpg

Please download and rec if you like it, thanks :)

Lovely house. I like the colours you have used. The rugs designs are great. I love the landscaping. I have a couple of comments about the interiors. I think the wood floor in the entrance and the kitchen/breakfast nook clashes with the brickwork on the wall. It might look better with a long plank floor. The rug in the master bedroom looks off centre. An actual rug in here might have been better for positioning.

I've rec'd and upped your downloads.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Chad96 wrote:
    I love the interior of your house. the design is really modern.
    I need help with building the exterior of colonial style homes, no matter what I do I just can't get the exterior to look nice. Does anyone have any advice on how to make the exterior of houses look.... Professional?

Hello and welcome Chad. You might try doing a little research on the internet on Colonial Homes. Here are a few links to get you started.

House Plans: Colonial House Plans

The Plan Collection: Colonial House Plans

E plans: Colonial House Plans

American Colonial Architecture - Wikipedia

It always helps to understand the architecture behind a style you are trying to build.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I will be out of town for a little while visiting my sister. She is ill and I haven't seen her in 20 years. I'll make sure Magician1 and EuphorialQueen watch over this thread in my stead. Enjoy building.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    Chad96Chad96 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank you for those house plans, when I searched on the internet the only homes I could find were colonial mansions when I wanted to find smaller homes like you posted :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited October 2010
    I have been meaning to start these lessons. I guess there is no time like the present!
  • Options
    debbi2qltsdebbi2qlts Posts: 741 Member
    edited October 2010

BG you will need to do the homes of Stars to go with your Sims Stars :wink:
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited October 2010
    debbi2qlts wrote:
    BG you will need to do the homes of Stars to go with your Sims Stars :wink:

What a great idea debbi! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list