Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Travel and Sims 4 Dream Jobs expansion packs coming in 2024/2025?

Hiiii everyone
So Simmer Erin found possible hints to 2 upcoming future expansion packs, in this video she talks about an old Sims 4 DLC survey and the Horse Ranch EP object descriptions mention the words "time", "star", and "dream" several times. Also it seems like it is very likely the possible Time Travel expansion pack may include not just the future but travelling into the past as well, and also dinosaurs are mentioned and hinted at several times in the pack, including in the Cavern Cave minigame feature. Dream Jobs was an old expansion pack idea mentioned in an unofficial Sims 4 survey, I send the Erin video link here now so you can see the Sims 4 Dream Jobs survey idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ-3oSkhxKk

Oh and by the way, it definitely seems like sometimes Maxis tease new DLC more than 1 year in advance, maybe 2 or even 3, I am not completely sure. :)

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited July 2023
    We know what is planned but the question is When will it be released ?

Many projects are still under development.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited July 2023
    'Time' might not just be about time travel per se... exploring time and space could just be space travel in general? I would adore updated aliens! Building and living in a spaceship would be pretty cool imo.

Also, star does make me think of fame but it could also have space connotations, too.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    'Time' might not just be about time travel per se... exploring time and space could just be space travel in general? I would adore updated aliens! Building and living in a spaceship would be pretty cool imo.

Also, star does make me think of fame but it could also have space connotations, too.

When you talk you horses, an option of conversation is "discuss about time travel" so I think it could easily relate to time travel
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I noticed that too about discussing time travel. Also, there’s a discussing the universe. I’m really hoping this is a hint for a Sims 4 travelling through space & time. If it is it probably won’t be in the game until at least 2025.🤩😎😛😉
  • Options
    I found this video from about 8-9 months ago. I think Satch might be on to something here…

https://youtu.be/XtR9MjvfOy8
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I'm skeptical about Time Travel since the Kit community vote.

Maxis wouldn't ask us to choose between Medieval and Future themes (25 items) if an EP was already under development (300 items).
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2023
    The biggest problem with a concept like time travel, particularly travelling both into the past and future, is that a pack such is that would require a huge budget in order for it to be fleshed out properly... two worlds (past and future), two sets of bb and cas (past and future), etc. And as we all know, EA seems to be keeping the purse strings very tight, limiting the dev team to what they're able to add into a pack.

Case in point: the recent Horse Ranch pack and its limited features.

As much as I would love something like a time travel pack, I just don't see how a time travel pack could be properly fleshed out with such a low budget allowance. Never mind 'properly fleshed out'.... I just don't see how such a pack could be made at all with how limited the packs seem to be getting these days?

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    The biggest problem with a concept like time travel, particularly travelling both into the past and future, is that a pack such is that would require a huge budget in order for it to be fleshed out properly... two worlds (past and future), two sets of bb and cas (past and future), etc. And as we all know, EA seems to be keeping the purse strings very tight, limiting the dev team to what they're able to add into a pack.

As much as I would love something like a time travel pack, I just don't see how a time travel pack could be properly fleshed out with such a low budget allowance. Never mind 'properly fleshed out'.... I just don't see how such a pack could be made at all with how limited the packs seem to be getting these days?

They could add current day world and same world in the past. Sort of like Henford on Bagley today, but with a version in the past in which modern stuff does not exist. If we go back to medieval time there is no unusable phone booth in front of the bar and you need to use only off the grid stuff, or if it's not that far in time, there is a phonebooth and it's functional. Kind of like a decades challenge, and certain objects could be available and functional depending on time period you are in. Because of the many time periods possible, I think it's best they make them as travel packs, and don't limit the feature to just one pack. They could make time travel a basegame feature, and then add various time travel options to all other game elements.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would love a time travel pack, but please put in toggle to keep the sims from the other worlds out of my past/future games so I can have full immersion. I want to play other time eras such as 1800s, but get frustrated with all the sims that show up in modern outfits. I would love a way to be able to play choosing which worlds (and sims) I want to include in my game.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The biggest problem with a concept like time travel, particularly travelling both into the past and future, is that a pack such is that would require a huge budget in order for it to be fleshed out properly... two worlds (past and future), two sets of bb and cas (past and future), etc.

Not necessarily, just look at Journey To Batuu.
    In term of quantity of items GP is the half of EP.

Note : Technically Journey To Batuu is already a Time Travel to Future.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

Maxis wouldn't ask us to choose between Medieval and Future themes (25 items) if an EP was already under development (300 items).

I look at this the opposite way: maybe they offered a choice between kits because they already know they are making *both* EPs, and will have items cut from development from each. Maybe not, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Medieval kit first, and then the Future kit down the road, along with the corresponding EPs.
  • Options
    I found a Phoenix lights reference in Horse Ranch

FL7v6er.png
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I found a Phoenix lights reference in Horse Ranch

FL7v6er.png

Oooh, really hoping a futuristic-themed pack will include something for aliens? Hopefully more occults are still coming, not just fairies, but I wish customizable Plumbots could come back and new alien occults? Or maybe this would be part of the possible Dream Jobs EP and we could get a new Astronaut active career option or space colony on an alien planet world! Omg <3
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I look at this the opposite way: maybe they offered a choice between kits because they already know they are making *both* EPs, and will have items cut from development from each. Maybe not, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Medieval kit first, and then the Future kit down the road, along with the corresponding EPs.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Medieval will become an actual EP for The Sims 4 at some point, it would be interesting for sure, but hopefully a Medieval EP would include amazing new objects for various playstyles, such as off-the-grid, legacy and centuries game challenges and more. Now I WANT a medieval EP with castles and royal living! <3
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2023
    Since we're getting a castle building kit next year and have horses already, I'm not so certain we'll get Medieval pack. What's the thought on a Renaissance Fair type of game pack? Instead of having it actually be back in the past, you'd have you'd have some type of place the Sims would go for the event to do medievil related things instead. There could be some kind of market place, some kind of tournament area for archery and (wooden) sword fighting, they could have a tavern/restaurant. They could even have some type of stage area where they perform dramas.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I hope time travel is it!!!
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Time travel definitely makes me think of Into the Future and thus TS4's end.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

Same here. And while I know it has to end one day soon, I’m not looking forward to it.
  • Options

Nope Maxis recently replaced their Executive producer with the original one for TS4 so I disagree completely. They mentioned her experience with TS4 so not happening lol. I am not going to live in such disbelief and wishful thinking that this game would end just because Time travel EP may come soon next year lol yea nope. Not happening. <3
  • Options

Same here. And while I know it has to end one day soon, I’m not looking forward to it.

Not happening anytime soon🤣😂 don't worry about it
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

I hope you’re right :)
  • Options

I am sure I am <3 they make way too much money with this game so I am sure they will keep milking TS4 for a long while :) I hope we will keep getting new improvements and better gameplay too 🩷🩷🥺🥺
  • Options
    ShiftclickShiftclick Posts: 20 Member

I looked at the last patch fix information on here and thought wow, did they have to redo the whole pack? But I guess that has become the "normal" for ea. The last 3 years have definitely been downhill for them. After looking at the bundles they were offering on the ea app, looks like they are just taking things from other packs, kits, etc., and putting them together and then telling us, Look what we have made for you! I think that is the same thing as re-gifting.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

I am sure I am <3 they make way too much money with this game so I am sure they will keep milking TS4 for a long while :) I hope we will keep getting new improvements and better gameplay too 🩷🩷🥺🥺

I'm hoping they'll give us hotels,bands,more pets/farm animals and multi-purpose community lots before Sims 4 ends. I think Sims 4 may end in 2024 or 2025.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?