Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How will the Forum handle posts with Sims in Drag due to the new laws in the US?

Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
edited May 2023 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
We always cherished that the Sims franchise supports queer people.
But the new US laws in some states declare that showing up in Drag, for example, is forbidden in front of minors.
(If I understood that correct?)
How will the forum handle this?
Will it be allowed to post Sims in Drag or is this considered a harm to minors?
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hadn’t heard about this, so I googled. Tennessee recently passed the first law banning drag shows in public spaces.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited May 2023
    I think these are adult oriented performances. Not something that should affect the Sims.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

quote from 'The Tennessean'

'...Lee also signed off on a new law to prohibit "adult-oriented" entertainment, including "male and female impersonators," from public property and limit it to age-restricted venues...'

i think they kept it vague on purpose.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    It's a good question. my first thought was that it should not affect the forum at all, as @Lenny_Ogg said the bill is rather vague and doesn't include anything about digital performances. And then you can still argue, if an image is shown, is that already a performance?

I do think that a lot of conservatives would have to create a lot of wind around this forum for anything to be picked up legally/politically and then Tennessee would have to fight EA on this - which I think has very low chances of success.

And even if then still the forum would have to think of ways to place mechanisms for users in Tennessee only. So I do think, The Sims and the forums are save. Or let's say I am hopeful that they will be.
    Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    It shouldn't affect the forum. There are certain states that are attempting to pass bills for their own personal purposes and power. It saddens me that these politicians are getting away with it. It isn't just Tennessee that is involved, but the majority of the states are still protecting the rights of the people. It shouldn't affect the forum, nor Sims in general, as they are based in California which is not one of the states passing these ridiculous bills. Hopefully when it comes time to vote next year, things will go back to normal and protect the rights of all people living here.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Closing this down as we're now discussing legalities and politics.

The short answer is nothing is changing here in relation to posts made that don't violate the unchanged forum rules.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top