Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses🐎, Fairies🧚🏽‍♀️, Seahorses🌊 ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I really wish we had sea horses and we could put them in an aquarium and fish bowl as well. Sea horses should have come with Island Living. Same with star fishes.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I really wish we had sea horses and we could put them in an aquarium and fish bowl as well. Sea horses should have come with Island Living. Same with star fishes.

I would love jellyfish to make a jellyfish aquarium. It would be so pretty.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I think there will definitely be horses in Sims 4 based on all the hints to horses we got.
    The-Sims-4-Growing-Together-Expansion-Pack_-Official-Reveal-Trailer-0-9-screenshot-1024x576.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think there will definitely be horses in Sims 4 based on all the hints to horses we got.

If we get horses, I hope they make them like the dogs and give us several sizes. Would love to have those cute little miniature ponies that children ride on. Would have loved to have big cats also to make large tigers and such.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Fairies, Horses & Unicorns, oh my.🦋🐴🦄😍😛😉
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    The way I came back to my post bc I heard about the tweet that was like "simmers haven't found this hint in GrwT" and I was like I bet your sweet buns it's in the forums. Fairies, horses, and maybe a refresh or two? Whaddaya think?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    What would you think if they brought back imaginary friends and they were less like dolls and more like fairies? Think less creepy and more a different occult state. Magical. Maybe not a career bc that might be weird, even if Monsters Inc had thr monster in your closet/under the bed as a job.

But like imaginary friends as like a type of being that your child/toddler sim could interact with and form a bond with from a young age. Kind of like those motes for Spellcasters that you have to have special sight to see. But sentient. And the more they interact one gets Summoned. Only it has a family of it's own. And it's like a special friendship. Not a doll come to life. But a magical being of the same age state (though immortal) as the child.

And when the child is old enough they can introduce the friend to the family. But maybe if the kid has like their family try to force reality on them they might stop seeing their friend, start thinking they are imaginary, and/or forget about them upon aging up to teen. So they may never get the chance to introduce them to the family. And that introduction is what let's the two interact around other people, even fall in love when they're older if you wanted.

And maybe occult parents have a better chance of finding evidence of the friend without introduction. With fairy and fae adjacent occults like mermaids and plant-sims seeing them immediately and never needing introduction.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited June 2023
    I would actually love tiny imaginary friends like jiminy cricket and tinker bell, especially if they were only visible to the child they belonged to.

I'd prefer horses at any time though. I jope they do not make different sizes because that would mean all animations for them would have to be adjusted for different sizes and it would take away from the amount off interactions we get. Children are able to ride real horses in real life, so why should they not be in the Sims? It's enough extra work to adjust the riding animations for children
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    So it looks like we're getting a horse ranch expansion. People are sharing info about there being sheep and goats as well as horses. And it being a world based on Arizona.

Which is pretty cool. It does kind of put paid to the idea that fairies and horses are being combined in some kind of magical awesomess that leads to Seahorses that are rideable, and unicorns. At least in this pack. But doesn't necessarily mean that once fairies come we won't see unicorns added in, and a mermaid update too.

But this is pretty interesting in it of itself. I wouldn't have minded a non-American world for this. Or even for them to be a bit ambitious if possible and make the different neighborhoods look like different areas in the world where horses have been known to roam and strike dashing figures. Like the plains, desserts, highlands, etc.

But being set in Arizona means that they can give us new harvestables that grow well in hot climates. More peppers (do well even have any?), beans, varieties of tomatoes, squash, they could give us a trellis, tropical fruits that grow well in this area bc it still gets a lot of sun. They could introduce the architectural styles native to the area, along with the types of ranch style stuff you'd see normally.

And that greenhouse kit would probably come in handy here.

One thing I hope, though I kind of doubt would happen, is that they actually increase household size in a stable way. And separate pets from regular sims. Like how in sims 3 the humans were on one axis and the pets were on another when you looked at their portraits? That, but with them each having their own separate household limit size, in the total household limit.
    So maybe you can only have like 8 pets total. But you can spay your pets still, and still adopt out any pets you can't keep. I don't know if there’s a function to ask a friend to adopt your extra pet, but if not add it in.
    That way if you have say a dog, and you train them to herd the sheep. And that dog has a mate, and they both count as pets. But so do your two horses, and your cat. You're already at 5 pets. And your cat doesn't have a partner yet, and you don't know if they need/want one, or if you want them to have one. But if both your dogs and your horses have children, there's a good chance your cat can't have either children, or a mate. So being able to adopt out extras would be good. But having that separate household count is even better bc otherwise there's only 3 slots for non-pet sims.

Other cool stuff would be about the sheep and goats. Not only would we have new sources of fibers/textiles like wool and cashmere; we'd have more sources of lactose free milk and cheese. Currently we just have the plant milk, and I think soy if you have eco living. But we'd have things like feta, and Greek yogurt, etc. .

As well as more of that wrapped meat like in cottage living. Which means they can introduce more foods from different cultures. Because we'd have goat and mutton. So more types of curry, stews, and things like that could be added to the game.

Heck since it's Arizona they could add cacti, and things like cactus candy, and little succulents that sims could grow inside that level up both the gardening and flower arranging skills, a bit like the bonsai tree.

I think this could be really interesting. I am a little, just a smidge, disappointed that it's not combined with fairies in some super huge fantastical fashion. But really only because that means we're still waiting on news on fairies and that it's likely to be in a game pack. But that's probably for the best. Bc occults that come in expansion packs tend to get crap treatment. Looking at you aliens, mermaids, and I suppose plantsims too (though you were added to basegame).
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I really doubt we're get far he's in the pack.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

On August 23rd Mattnetic (Principal Designer at EA for The Sims) posted this on his personal xitter account

d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I always need more occult sims!
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    Honestly, I can’t wait for fairies. I loveeee occult gameplay so I will eagerly snatch that up the moment it releases.