Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 years before the end of TS4

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Has this been confirmed? :o
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Lyndsay said : "For the next couple of years we'll continue sharing updates with all of you on Project René"

Which means it remains 2 years before the release date.
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    edited October 2022
    🏒 Ice hockey (with that typical skating style + hockey gear and symbolic games/prizes etc)

🏨 Hotels (with room service and also cleaning if you have the bust the dust-kit ^^ )

🛫🚁 Airports with air planes & helicopters, shops, restaurants, gates etc

🎠🎢🎡 A super detailed Amusement Park-GP with functional bumper cars, roller coasters, swing rides - on the ground but and also taller ones (wind seeker-style), giant drop towers etc)

Theese are some of the most important additions in my opinion anyway ^^

💙 Much more lot-traits too! I’d like to see double functional lots - restaurants/retail for example.

💙 More traits for sims and better relationships/gameplay overall

Then I’ll be happy and ready to move on to the next game! 😃😊💙
    Post edited by AlpineCuriosity on
  • Options
    SprighSprigh Posts: 62 Member

🏒 Ice hockey (with that typical skating style + hocky gear and symbolic games/prizes etc)

🏨 Hotels (with room service and also cleaning if you have the bust the dust-kit^^ )

🛫🚁 Airports with air planes & helicopters, shops, restaurants, gates etc

🎠🎢🎡 An super detailed Amusement Park-GP with functional bumper cars, roller coasters, swing rides - on the ground but and also taller ones (wind seeker-style), giant drop towers etc)

Theese are some of the most important additions in my opinion anyway ^^

💙Much more lot-traits too! I’d like to see double functional lots - restaurants/retail for example.

💙More traits for sims and better relationships/gameplay overall

Then I’ll be happy and ready to move on to the next game! 😃😊💙

All of these thing sound amazing, but also sound like bugs and glitches tbh 🥴

I’d like to add fairies to this list, I’m pretty sure we’ll get them eventually

• Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Lyndsay said : "For the next couple of years we'll continue sharing updates with all of you on Project René"

Which means it remains 2 years before the release date.

That doesn't seem like confirmation....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @Sigzy05

But it matches to the plan.
    In 2020, Andrew Wilson talking about The Sims 4 : "You'll continue to see us think about games on a 5- and 6-year time horizon."
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited October 2022
    if they were for sure going to in two years I think they would have given a year like they did with the babies
    besides that they said it was super early in development even when they do this at a normal time it takes a year
    before release and thats after it has a real name and everything
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @comicsforlife

What they showed reminds me the Project Olympus 2012 prototype.
    https://simsvip.com/2021/01/30/the-blue-plumbob-inside-the-troubled-development-of-the-sims-4/

Also there is no point to announce 2 EP in 2023 right now, it reminds me TS3 line-up for 2013 when they announced the 3 last EPs.

• Options
    @comicsforlife

What they showed reminds me the Project Olympus 2012 prototype.
    https://simsvip.com/2021/01/30/the-blue-plumbob-inside-the-troubled-development-of-the-sims-4/

Also there is no point to announce 2 EP in 2023 right now, it reminds me TS3 line-up for 2013 when they announced the 3 last EPs.

we don't know how far a long that was or how long this will take it will likely take longer because they are trying to make it work on everything and I think the game will suffer for it as well
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @comicsforlife

There is no point to say "couple of years" if it takes a decade. Clearly the message is "soon" instead of a far future.
    The project began in 2017 so 7 or 8 years are already twice what they did earlier for the previous games.

• Options
    SprighSprigh Posts: 62 Member

@comicsforlife

There is no point to say "couple of years" if it takes a decade. Clearly the message is "soon" instead of a far future.
    The project began in 2017 so 7 or 8 years are already twice what they did earlier for the previous games.

But didn’t they say it is far future and not soon? Not a decade but I understand couple of years like 3,4 maaaaybe more
  • Options
    @comicsforlife

The project began in 2017 so 7 or 8 years are already twice of what they did earlier for the previous games.

we don't really know when they started or if they restarted they said super early so I think its super early also I didn't say it would
    take ten years I think it will be three and a half years maybe four this does not mean sims 4 will still be going though they stop one
    game a year before the new one comes out they have always done that for the sims games
  • Options
    Sprigh wrote: »
    @comicsforlife

But didn’t they say it is far future and not soon? Not a decade but I understand couple of years like 3,4 maaaaybe more

I agree thats what I think to.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I may be wrong, but I'm guessing that there will be at least around 3 years worth of content left for TS4, maybe even more. That's the impression I got anyways.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I feel they should add bands with lead singers. :)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    well in speech it can be a technical giving to development 'a couple of' does not always have to mean exactly two, even if it is it doesn't mean that what we wish for and put out is going to make that list it took a while to get toddlers and seasons with a few other things. I'm good with the game I just hope I'll like however much is left, just sayin'.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't want Sims 4 to end yet. There's way too many fixed needing fixed. Missing gameplay, CAS & build mode objects still need to be in the game, etc, etc, etc...
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I don't want Sims 4 to end yet. There's way too many fixed needing fixed. Missing gameplay, CAS & build mode objects still need to be in the game, etc, etc, etc...

To be honest, I don't want it to ever end, lol! I've grown really attached to TS4. I do welcome a TS5 though, and I could probably begin a new story with it alongside the one I've been doing with TS4 since TS4 released.
  • Options
    Oh well. :'( At least there's the Disney Dream Valley game coming to PC. Now that's what I call the next Sims version game. :p
  • Options
    Oh well. :'( At least there's the Disney Dream Valley game coming to PC. Now that's what I call the next Sims version game. :p

It's already on pc...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

Me neither! I've been in a sad mood since the livestream last night... I have to keep reminding myself that she said "years away/early stages". I think it'll be 3-4 years minimum. I wasn't a fan of the art style at all but again "early stages".
  • Options
    Yeah, but I can't afford the new Disney Dream Valley PC Access yet.
  • Options
    grant_buildsgrant_builds Posts: 3 New Member
    my only question - all these half off expansion packs and sale items- anyone know how long this sale will go on for? is it worth me buying some of these? or should I wait a few weeks? how long will this sale go on LOL
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    @grant_builds Welcome to the forum. The sale ends on November 1.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 5 will release when Elder Scrolls VI and Grand Theft Auto VI is released. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.