Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited October 2022
    Kironide wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the new presentation style? I thought that it was more polished than the normal Sim Guru chats, but I missed the cosy feeling of their past style.

idk it just felt so alien to me with being prerecorded n all like am I watching long long ad instead of like you know come hangout and chat and learn whats coming

and turns out yes kinda :sweat_smile:

it also didn't really give room for reactions going so fast like i be like what and they were already blabbering about the next thing like chilllll can we slow down i barely saw the thing you were showing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    edited October 2022
    What does everyone think of the new presentation style? I thought that it was more polished than the normal Sim Guru chats, but I missed the cosy feeling of their past style.

I was totally taken by surprise by the presentation style. It felt a bit too polished and commercial for me. I prefer the devs actually opening the game to show of things. But at the end I am more interested in what they have to say, not so much the wrapping around.

I finally was able to watch the stream, well a replay obviously.

Sims rene sounds interesting. I have a feeling they were influenced by paralives. I think this proves competition can be positive for the development. I am happy to hear that they are currently planning to still alow single players.

I am wondering about the mod platform. Will regular mods like we have now still be possible? What if the mods I use and want to keep using are not on that platform? Mods will remain free, won't they? Or will that platform cost money? I want to know the details.

As for the babies.... I can't wait. 🍼👶This is the first update in a long time that got me really excited.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    edited October 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I was totally taken by surprise by the presentation style. It felt a bit too polished and commercial for me. I prefer the devs actually opening the game to show of things. But at the end I am more interested in what they have to say, not so much the wrapping around.

I finally was able to watch the stream, well a replay obviously.

Sims rene sounds interesting. I have a feeling they were influenced by paralives. I think this proves competition can be positive for the development. I am happy to hear that they are currently planning to still alow single players.

I am wondering about the mod platform. Will regular mods like we have now still be possible? What if the mods I use and want to keep using are not on that platform? Mods will remain free, won't they? Or will that platform cost money? I want to know the details.

As for the babies.... I can't wait. 🍼👶This is the first update in a long time that got me really excited.

I hope mods and cc are going to remain a part of the game. Even a single player Sims without cc and mods doesn't sound very appealing. I also hope that this move isn't because EA only wants to put all cc and mods behind their own paywall. I hope that isn't the case. I didn't like cc creators locking their stuff up behind paywalls and never releasing them for free. I don't have a problem with creators who have early access on Patreon because eventually the item becomes free.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    This was well-played on EA's part.

After the HSY patch made the game very unplayable for most (can't turn off fears/wants, trendi clothing while they shower, slow walking everywhere, still excessive phone usage for sims, bust the dust that doesn't have dust to bust, simulation lag, patches that address pronouns/scenarios/minor glitches - bugs that have been ongoing for YEARS so don't say they need time - they've had it) well then they announce the summit.

Cue all the simmers to forget the issues at hand and stop demanding fixes and instead start speculating 'We're getting Sims 5', etc.

Then build up the summit with loads of hype and really bizarre choices (dance segment, man on the street, most of the cringy monologue) and then drop a hint at two EP for next year and kits - no word on GP or SP (they're dead) and end with a hint that babies will be freed from the crib.

And now all anyone can talk about is the babies coming and the EP's coming - and yet we've not received ANY solid word or movement on the bugs that have been plaguing the game since July and August. By now, they've had time to track them down because several modders already have.

Happy that others are excited and fell for the marketing and deflection - as for me, my $1,000+ investment is still broken and in need of work so I'll reserve my excitement and anticipation once I see real progress on bug fixes, etc.

"Cue all the simmers to forget the issues at hand and stop demanding fixes and instead start speculating 'We're getting Sims 5', etc." yes, that is what may happen as it was done with almost all previous versions. Also, I am interested in seeing the features it will offer other than the little info that was given.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

You mean the way the livestream was presented? I personally didn't like it. I love when the gurus host the livestreams and Even though they are not professional youtubers they are a pleasure to watch. I think it's cozy as well.
    I assume this was just for the summit though and we will have more guru livestreams. Polished does not =better.

Yes, I agree. Most of it felt bright and shiny like a t.v. advertisement, though I liked Lyndsay's parts.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member

Hey Hey, Renay!

So…where do I sign up to become a member of The Hey Hey Renay Project Development Feedback Squad??!

I’m not a Simfluencer or “official” content creator, but I’m genuinely interested. What’s the minimum qualification requirement here?
    A psychology degree? (I don’t have)
    A PHD in civil engineering? (I don’t have)
    Someone who can drive any car, including those with a manual, automatic or semi automatic transmission? (🙄…I can of course)
    Being a dog owner? ( I am not, but I would be if I had a dog).
    Being a dog? (I am, sort of).
    Being a wonderful person? (…)

On another serious note, I love following the development process of any kind of creative project. I enjoyed that sneak peek Lindsey gave us and even though Rene is still in its early stages of development I think the game has potential to become something wonderful ( but not without me) so… where do I sign up? 😇

Also delighted to see the crawling little infant. Not because I wants them, but because others have wanted them so, so bad.
    I hope werebeast infants will be able to chew on rugs and table legs and sim’s legs, although that’s what any infant would do really. I know this because I was an infant once.
    I also have a feeling the infant life stage is not going to replace the baby object however. Rather than messing too much with the existing baby object code ( and people’s saves) it’s probably easier to add an in-between toddler to the equation. And then there’s the nifty knitting (and indeed, the mcrudd Darth Vader onesies) . They would need to be altered because object and infant are simply not the same shape. We’ll see. We’ll see.

I have more to say but I’m currently at work not working….
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    I liked this new style that they had during the summit, although I will admit I only liked the last 15 minutes. The first 15 minutes with interviews from people just talking about how great the sims is the and dance numbers was not really anything that I liked to watch. But I did like the announcements that they did towards the end.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »

I think it was okay. I feel like they actually made some huge announcements - two expansions, a much requested feature and sims 5 but because it all moved so fast it didn’t really ‘hit’ like that and a lot of peoples first reactions were ‘I expected more’.

Perhaps they could have used a little more time to talk about each project in like you say, a more cosy way.

I did love the dancers, ngl my sims are always dancing to that song

Yeah, you summed it up nicely. I felt like a bowling pin at the end of a strike.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'm glad we're finally getting free babies but... If the game remains as buggy and shallow as it currently is then they will get boring fast like the rest of the game.

I'm ready for Rene.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    I'm away from home with too poor connection to watch the Summit yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
    I wonder if the new mod central will be mostly about real game modding, or if it will restrict us from using old CC like clothes and recolored furniture etc. Not to menttion I made many recolors myself that are essential to my game. If it will all be restricted I will need to shut off all futrure updates as a major part of my game is based on CC. Not game mods, more visuals, though. I'm hoping we can still use old CC, and that any new coding will only affect a new mods2 folder.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,775 Member
    I did enjoy the presentation. The developers did a good job simulating a party to celebrate the announcement of a new Sims title while, at the same time, reassuring players of the current games. We got hints of new things coming, and we have time to prepare ourselves for the end of Sims 4 and, I expect, the mobile games as well. (Obviously a speculation on my part.)

While I like the polished look, I also hope we get a cozier video of a guru actually playing around with the new system soon. That would be fun! And hopefully there will be a chance to ask questions and get more information.

Like @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , I would love to be a beta tester, but, alas, I may be in the wrong age group. I do, however, have a psychology degree and a dog. 😂
  • Options
    How long was this stream? I’m at work but if it’s was less then 30 minutes I could watch it on lunch break. This morning I’m needing a huge dose of that reassurance @telemwill mentioned.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm away from home with too poor connection to watch the Summit yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
    I wonder if the new mod central will be mostly about real game modding, or if it will restrict us from using old CC like clothes and recolored furniture etc. Not to menttion I made many recolors myself that are essential to my game. If it will all be restricted I will need to shut off all futrure updates as a major part of my game is based on CC. Not game mods, more visuals, though. I'm hoping we can still use old CC, and that any new coding will only affect a new mods2 folder.

@Simmerville deaderpool & twisted mexi are two who will be on there, as well as hey harry, sixamcc & I think spring sims.

Edit: fixed & added names
    Post edited by Starfree on
  • Options
    How long was this stream? I’m at work but if it’s was less then 30 minutes I could watch it on lunch break. This morning I’m needing a huge dose of that reassurance @telemwill mentioned.

It was right around 30 minutes, and you could easy skip over parts of it like the mobile games or the entertainment sections.

I hope you find it reassuring! People do tend to view the same things differently.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

It was right around 30 minutes, and you could easy skip over parts of it like the mobile games or the entertainment sections.

I hope you find it reassuring! People do tend to view the same things differently.

Thank you. I was busy working on a story and didn’t get a chance to check it out. I wasn’t too worried last night, but twice during the night I woke up after dreaming about the game, and they weren’t happy ones. In spite of the flaws in TS4 I’m having so much fun that I really don’t want the party to end. I need to stop going into mama bear mode, feeling like I need to protect my sims.🐻😁

• Options
    telemwill wrote: »

Thank you. I was busy working on a story and didn’t get a chance to check it out. I wasn’t too worried last night, but twice during the night I woke up after dreaming about the game, and they weren’t happy ones. In spite of the flaws in TS4 I’m having so much fun that I really don’t want the party to end. I need to stop going into mama bear mode, feeling like I need to protect my sims.🐻😁

Totally get that mama bear feeling! I don't really want the Sims 4 to end either, but, thankfully, it looks like we'll have a couple of years at least.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    @Sprigh and @DaniRose2143 I play on a gaming rig and Sims 3 was glitchy. It's just a very unstable game, despite 20+ NRaas Mods to fix it. Yes, it's a Windows OS, which isn't always the best way to go. I HATE Windows 10, for instance. But, It's not your computer OS, it's the game itself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    I tried watching the stream but the presenter quickly made me slip through it checking out bits of it
    The only bit i was interested in was the Project Rene although it seemed just mainly reverting back to the colour wheel , The cushions are already possible CC wise . The infant clip was nice to see , but the rest Mmeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    So I tuned in and watched it live.

I have to say, I felt really old when watching it. It was too cheesy and I felt it was aimed at the younger Sims players, where I have been playing since TS1 release and I'm now in my 30's. The young girl interviewing the people in Venice (I think) was good though! I also have no idea who TheNewKidz are neither lol.

The mods/CC gallery I have zero interest in, but that's purely because I don't use them. But I think it's a good idea what they are doing.
    New EP's and the concept art etc, yep liked that. I'm a sucker for a new world and I do love new build/buy mode stuff!!
    Babies being freed from their cribs...personally feel this should have happened along time ago lol but yeah, I don't know how it's going to work but it looks promising.
    Project Rene - I was gutted they didn't announce 'The Sims 5'. I do like the idea of being able to play with friends, as I do have an online friend who I found through this forum, and 8 years on we are still friends. We are forever sharing pictures and stories about our sims, so it would be great to actually play along with her. I'm just gutted that it's a few years away, so I'll get more excited once they start sharing pictures etc.

Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,113 Member
    edited October 2022
    Disappointed by this update and it didn’t reveal anything that would be particularly meaningful for me and my gameplay.

I’m definitely not interested in multiplayer so that was a huge disappointment.

No news about refreshes… that was painful to see.

If their idea of renewed doesn’t end up refreshing the Sims 4 packs… I may not be getting another sims game for quite a while…

Happy for those who wanted babies, but occult gameplay doesn’t start until the teen life stage, I’m probably never going to use that feature…

I see a lot of stuff I would never use in my gameplay, and consequently little value and even lower expectations for the future of the game.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    The section of the Behind the Sims Summit Event I watched where they celebrate simmers: I really wish they would not focus just on simmers under 30. The sims games have been around for decades. I didn't start playing until I was in my mid 30s, which means there are lots of simmers out there over 50. Would be nice if EA remembered us in their marketing, events and game development.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    As for Overwolf, I think that is a good thing. I play Cities Skylines and any mod I add to the game I get from the Steam Workshop. It makes it easier to know that mods are in one location, are vetted or will be vetted. Bad faith modders are removed. And when the mods are updated they are automatically updated and pushed to my game. If Overwolf is anything like SteamWorkshop this will be a game changer.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Wait, I thought #untetheredbabies was for Sims 5, but at the end it says 2023 so does that mean sneezing germy untethered babies will be coming 1Q 2023!!!!
    https://youtu.be/Tmm6h6bHD3o?t=1860