Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Careers I Would Like to See in the Sims 4

. Real Estate Agent (this can be a whole game pack) 💰
. Model 📸
. Add Football 🏈 to the athletic career
. Singer 🎤

Comments

• Options
    ForbiddenOrgansForbiddenOrgans Posts: 19 Member
    Ooh going off that idea of adding a football option to the athletic career, I'd honestly love to see different options for the athletic aspiration other than just "body builder." There could be "pro athlete" and maybe "personal trainer" or "fitness influencer" or "triathelte/biathlete/marathoner." I'd also love to see options for dance as well that could overlap with the creative stuff.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like to see a massage therapist,nail tech, and yoga instructor actually work at a Spa instead of at home. A hair stylist I mean we already have the station, modeling sounds good. Tattoo artist.
  • Options
    BlackGirl73BlackGirl73 Posts: 66 Member
    Firefighter
    Day Care

Both as active careers.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Make all current careers active (bartender goes to local bar to work, gardener works at local parks taking care of plants etc)
    Make all current NPC jobs active careers (mail delivery person delivers mail, pizza delivery etc)
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Make all current careers active (bartender goes to local bar to work, gardener works at local parks taking care of plants etc)
    Make all current NPC jobs active careers (mail delivery person delivers mail, pizza delivery etc)

Yes, please, this! That would add so much fun gameplay to the game.

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    BlackGirl73BlackGirl73 Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2022

Awesome.

This also should prevent the game from creating endless new NPC sims. In addition, for storystelling, I want to choose which maid/gardener etc. is coming to my house.

• Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Oceanography
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member

This is a MUST have feature!
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
    To bounce off @Mak27, I think making all NPC jobs active and available for everyone to have access to would be an amazing touch to the sims 4, giving it a more realistic feel. Also, adding different types of delivery services such as FedEx, amazon, USPS, etc. will give that realistic feel to the sims. Like imagine instead of getting all your mail in your mailbox, sometimes packages will be left at your DOOR, depending on the size and whether or not it can fit in the mailbox (as in real life!!!) and packages left at your door vary in size too! Another thing I'll love to see is more part-time jobs! It'll also be cool if newspaper delivery services are added to the game, and kids can apply for that job to either save up for something they want or to help their parents.
  • Options
    AnimangaGirlAnimangaGirl Posts: 12 New Member
    > @BlackGirl73 said:
    > Awesome.
    >
    > This also should prevent the game from creating endless new NPC sims. In addition, for storystelling, I want to choose which maid/gardener etc. is coming to my house.

Exactly I do create my own nannys etc cuz I don't like the ones the game generates but I can't play with them cuz if I play with them they lose their npc job :/
  • Options
    AnimangaGirlAnimangaGirl Posts: 12 New Member
    I would like an living career for singer/idol cuz I want to make my own kpop and jpop idols xD
  • Options
    JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2022
    Active careers I would like to see:

- Firefighter
    - Burglar/Criminal
    - Magician
    - Singer
    - Fortune Teller
    - Acrobat
    - Occult Hunter

Passive:
    - Historian
    Post edited by JinxIndigo on
  • Options
    IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    The current problem with a lot of the jobs and even skills, is there's nowhere to go once max is reached. All the Go to Work jobs are quite basic and become pointless once they have reached the top level. The Doctor for example. Once fully skilled, they still have to do the same old tasks, it become boring and pointless going to work with them. It needs to be expanded. Consultant perhaps? Even different hospitals? Vampires, magicians, werewolves? when you are fully progressed, there's little else do to. And take a magician for example. I have three. All of the highest rank. But when they do magic they still build up Points, there's nothing to do with! If a Familiar is active it even congratulates you on reaching a higher rank, when you already are the highest! Same with Vamps. Continued Point build up, with nothing to do with them. There's far more a magician could do, Invisibility for example. Same with vamps. But what I would like to have seen are cross-overs. A vamp magician for example. Or a werewolf one. You cannot even bite someone who is already 'infected' by a trait.
  • Options
    willprotwillprot Posts: 18 Member
    I do believe they should make all current careers active with lots that we can update, as well as different activities we can perform well on the job
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Would be awesome to see:

- Firefighter
    - Criminal
    - Astronaut
    - Secret Agent
    - Teacher
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    Would be awesome to see:

- Firefighter
    - Criminal
    - Astronaut
    - Secret Agent
    - Teacher

Actually some of what you are asking for is already in the game... :)
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/

Astronaut came with the Base Game. And I only know that as I have a sim in this career... :)
    Criminal came with the Base Game.
    Secret Agent came with the Base Game
    Teacher came with Discover University. You can either be Administrator or a Professor.

A list of careers and their levels... :)
    https://www.teoalida.com/thesims/the-sims-4-career-tracks/

This is my SS going off to work now in her uniform. She's still a little low in the career at the moment... :)
    mEJ7WY1l.png