Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Merfolk doing today?

1141516171820...Next

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I ultimately decided to turn the lot my Zalrian Pod Moved to into a settlement for all my merfolk. I'll probably write something more detailed later. But for now, here are the teasers:

Stevie, the Bartender Under the Sea

53465259591_ddb316e91d_h.jpg
    53465397333_aca9d87aa9_h.jpg

53465684540_20b11ecbc1_h.jpg

53465684500_091872fbf2_h.jpg

The Patriarch of the Keahloha Pod

53465684520_8ea08d5251_h.jpg
    53465259551_bb9e1421dd_h.jpg

53465576759_294a66fa72_h.jpg

Zalia Shores and the Entrance to Zalia Grotto

Zalia Grotto is the secret home of all my merfolk now.

53465576744_15b4d5d7ec_h.jpg
    53465397153_fb010f75a9_h.jpg

Testing a New Pose

53464349807_423cc176b9_h.jpg

Kemps Chasing Fish

53465397208_21485f60c7_h.jpg

Ember Talks to Alex Late into the Night

53465259401_4b08424ccd_h.jpg
    53465397108_d6d6a28653_h.jpg

53465576674_8190bf42ed_h.jpg
  • Options
    Now, I’m thinking about how I can have the Vatore Pod move in with the rest of my merfolk. The problem with that is Damion is Caleb’s Partner.

Living in the Zalia Grotto, there are quite a few merfolk that would not want Damion as a neighbor.
    The Zalrian Pod has a long history with Damion that isn’t very good.

Arihi outsmarted Damion, becoming a mermaid to be with Calum without Damion getting anything. Arihi is the only one that got everything she wanted without paying the price for Damion’s Magic. So, it’s possible that gave Damion greater motivation to go after her son.

Damion failed to hold onto Kemps’s Voice. Kemps did go to Damion on behalf of Kali and was manipulated by the human witch. So, Kali might also be the one to blame for Alex’s situation…

Alex is essentially permanently mute because of Damion, who likely wanted his voice because he couldn’t keep Kemps’s Voice. Again, Damion probably wouldn’t want the Voice of Kemps’s Nephew if Kemps didn’t go to him in the first place. Damion had a lot of layered motivations to take Alex’s voice. And these motivations are why he may never willingly return it. Too many Zalrian Merfolk escaped Damion’s clutches, and Damion has the chance to actually keep Alex’s voice indefinitely. That might cost Damion later…

Damion took Stevie’s ability to love. Granted, he was looking for an escape from heartache after his Charmer’s Lullaby was rejected.

Damion also took Kari’s ability to love. She also traded that for the confidence to be more charismatic and become popular.

Damion took Ukupanipo’s free will and turned him into a sea monster who’s only purpose is to do to his bidding.

I don’t think any merfolk are upset about Evil-Alex’s fate, but Damion did the same thing to him he did to Ukupanipo… only he went so far as to transform him into the thing he hated most before turning him into a sea monster…

But, Caleb isn’t on bad terms with any of the merfolk and as the Patriarch he can keep Damion from making more enemies or causing problems for other merfolk.

Anyways, the only pod that isn’t living in Zalia Grotto is the Vatore Pod, and I’m pretty proud of how I developed their home to make more grottos for future merfolk.

A fun discovery, you can have multiple homes on a single lot and each home can have its own unique lot traits AND lot challenges. This is huge! There are certain lot traits that affect the entire neighborhood and other traits can be difficult to choose between. It’s possible to have a single lot support several different combinations of things. I created 2 npc grottos for Kari and Stevie, so now I have the neighborhood set up for teens to appear and I can visit their grottos for alternative traits when doing things in the Zalia Grotto. I can also hire Stevie as a bartender for the common area all my merfolk will share!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    @Metior_Ice Do you have FR? The notion of different lot Traits comes from this latest expansion. I found that out when building my first apartment complex. Each unit can have different Traits. (Or it may have been a part of the Patch to the Base game.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice Do you have FR? The notion of different lot Traits comes from this latest expansion. I found that out when building my first apartment complex. Each unit can have different Traits. (Or it may have been a part of the Patch to the Base game.)

@GalacticGal Yes, I’m talking about For Rent. The place all my merfolk live is essentially 5 apartment units owned by the Zalrians, specifically Kemps. Each “apartment” is something I’m nicknaming a “Grotto” and I started building under the property to create more Grottos underground. I am thinking of moving the grottos to where Damion’s Lair is on Mua Pel’Am because it seems fitting to have all my merfolk live there and have the venues dedicated to them on St. Taz.

But, what I’m doing is not a mod or custom content. The only new CC I’ve added recently are poses. I do try to keep my mods to the minimum.
  • Options
    edited January 16
    Serinion creates SOOO much CC that is extremely useful when it comes to designing the simulated underwater environments… so I can’t create builds that don’t use it.

Spinning Plumbob and Serinion are my 2 primary people I go to for all my build mode CC. Both have public content, but I think the Serinion CC might require being a Patron.

Given the extreme need for mods to supplement the missing gameplay for merfolk, I’m okay with supporting someone that is creating for the kind of sims I enjoy playing the most. I could never go back to an unmodded game after everything I’ve been able to do with merfolk exclusively because of mods and CC.
  • Options
    Anyways, while For Rent is not designed for merfolk. It’s the only recent Pack that has actually allowed me to do something significant with my merfolk gameplay. Without the pack, some of my most recent creative endeavors would not have been possible…

I still think Merfolk in the Sims need a more concentrated effort to be developed more, but for now, I’ve turned to mods and supporting the creators that create for merfolk in the Sims. Console players simply won’t have the same experience with merfolk as PC players.
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Serinion creates SOOO much CC that is extremely useful when it comes to designing the simulated underwater environments… so I can’t create builds that don’t use it.

Spinning Plumbob and Serinion are my 2 primary people I go to for all my build mode CC. Both have public content, but I think the Serinion CC might require being a Patron.

Given the extreme need for mods to supplement the missing gameplay for merfolk, I’m okay with supporting someone that is creating for the kind of sims I enjoy playing the most. I could never go back to an unmodded game after everything I’ve been able to do with merfolk exclusively because of mods and CC.

That's the way I feel about the Road to Fame mod.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

On the console, so many things aren’t possible. Even with the debug cheats there are limitations with placing the coral. To get the coral on the wall, you need the pc for that.

Aside from that, the debug corals only come in one color. So, there’s just so much that can’t be done on the console.
  • Options
    Coral in Different Colors Makes a Difference

Stevie's Grotto is something I'm really happy with. And, it's another example of how coral in different colors can make such a huge difference.
    53468521962_75cfe629dc_h.jpg

53469425996_aef573afbb_h.jpg

53468522632_34011bc6c0_h.jpg

53469565773_722d23b3d2_h.jpg

Stevie, the Merman Bartender

I cheated to max Stevie's Mixology Skill. I imagine that he spent a lot of time honing his skills mixing drinks after parting with his ability to love. I wanted to show off his skills with screenshots. Of course, he has a hole in his heart now that can't be filled.

None the less, Stevie does enjoy doing tricks with bottles he's found under the sea.

53469849130_2deff2cf48_h.jpg
    53469750394_0ab7d45130_h.jpg

53469570048_c491805302_h.jpg

53468526272_a525672824_h.jpg

53469849125_38346d3f56_h.jpg

53468526327_e302db2e0c_h.jpg

I imagine that Stevie is Lir's Cousin, and Lir was a merling in the Maelstren Pod before its collapse.

Of course, Lir has been adopted by Reef and Sarah Kailani and is now a member of the Zalrian Pod. I don't think Lir would choose to leave the Zalrian Pod and the parents that took him in when he was lost and alone. If Stevie did become a new Pod Patriarch, I also don't think Stevie would actively try to separate Lir from his new family either.

Anyways, Stevie definitely enjoys mixing drinks and I think he has an ambition to mix the most perfect drinks.

53468526417_1e8c1d03a8_h.jpg
    53469750449_2916556030_h.jpg

53469848885_34790d02da_h.jpg

53468526282_83f1ee1637_h.jpg

53469848965_628acc1a00_h.jpg

53469570073_ace667930d_h.jpg

53468526402_736e6fc5d7_h.jpg

Stevie doesn't feel much when he watches the Romance channel either.

53468525737_2d6142ac81_h.jpg
    53469749814_23a4107128_h.jpg

He just doesn't get the flirty moodlet.

53469749799_e39f38219f_h.jpg

Mixology doesn't make Stevie immune to the emptiness he feels inside.

53469430341_c2e2715463_h.jpg
    53469750284_6f7ddc5f5a_h.jpg

53469430336_924e4d5120_h.jpg

53469750254_6a7f174d67_h.jpg

53469848890_d318c4159b_h.jpg

Extras

More developments of the lot.
    53469748419_dd58811ff0_h.jpg

53469748414_6cbf54ca77_h.jpg

53468524212_29b9a7fe10_h.jpg

53469428301_f0ca45fc93_h.jpg

53468524177_7a8b5e169f_h.jpg

53469748374_599e4647b3_h.jpg

53468524187_2528c20152_h.jpg

Kari's Grotto
    53469747869_aa116a954b_h.jpg

53468523752_6735b98e08_h.jpg

Caleb Meeting with Kemps

Caleb appeared multiple times. So, he seemed genuinely interested in joining the main merfolk settlement.
    53468525077_8dcec60262_h.jpg
  • Options

On the console, so many things aren’t possible. Even with the debug cheats there are limitations with placing the coral. To get the coral on the wall, you need the pc for that.

Aside from that, the debug corals only come in one color. So, there’s just so much that can’t be done on the console.

I've never owned a console, myself. Which is amusing since this new gaming laptop kept wanting me to set something or other up for my XBox?
  • Options
    @GalacticGal one of the advantages to playing games on a console is that it saves hard drive space on your computer.

If your computer is a Microsoft computer then it likely can connect to your XBOX if you have it. I personally prefer PlayStation over XBOX.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    The biggest downside to the console is that it does not support mods.

Edit: and there are some differences with build mode. Certain things can be done on the pc that can’t be done on the console.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    @GalacticGal one of the advantages to playing games on a console is that it saves hard drive space on your computer.

If your computer is a Microsoft computer then it likely can connect to your XBOX if you have it. I personally prefer PlayStation over XBOX.

I don't have and never have had a console. My new gaming laptop has lots of space and I've also got a new external hard drive that has lots of space, too. I merely used the term XBox, because that's what Windows 11 suggest I tie into it. :open_mouth: LOL
  • Options
    The biggest downside to the console is that it does not support mods.

Edit: and there are some differences with build mode. Certain things can be done on the pc that can’t be done on the console.

Another reason why I prefer a PC.
  • Options
    edited February 7
    One of my other games I do in my past time had 3 major events back to back so I was pretty busy with those. 😅

However, I have done a little bit with my merfolk and will have a few screenshots to share later.

I ended up moving the Vatore Pod and then moved all the other pods to the admiral wreckage lot. The actual grottoes for all my merfolk are definitely a work in progress.

Damion and Caleb are still head over fin for each other and some details concerning Damion have changed as he becomes more aligned with good merfolk.

But the other thing I wanted to say was that Dylan autonomously told Zeph that he was his favorite sibling. Alex overheard the twins and got a sad moodlet. 😭 The merboy really can’t catch a break.

I guess, because Alex adores his little brothers,he wanted to be their favorite sibling. Unfortunately for Alex, the twins have a very strong bond that might be difficult for him to overcome. The twins ARE an inseparable duo, best friends, and might even understand things that only the other twin can understand…

I’m still cheering for Alex! If he wants to be the protective older brother and the twins’ favorite, I’m all for it!
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice enjoyable update. :)
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 964 Member
    edited February 11
    Mine just did this: They had their first kiss.

11_02_11.png
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    edited February 22
    BKI2kWO.png
    Brook is finally a teen and the mermadic kelp that Nalani gave him has turned him into a merman! :smile:

in5tae5.png
  • Options
    @haisin Awesome update! He looks like he’s having fun going for a swim!

————————

So, with my story getting a reboot, I noticed that my new save is starting in the spring, and it’s currently February. While I can still post here, I wanted to let everyone know that I plan on releasing updates alongside the current season.

I’m hoping to have a new update soon, early march at the latest!

I’m wondering if I could do an honorary MerMay in June alongside Pride Month. Something to think about since the new forum might not be up in May.

————————

For those who don’t know, MerMay is one of those challenges artists take part in.

The general idea is to upload a new art piece every day for the entire month of May, and the rule for this challenge is that all the pieces need to feature merfolk, mermen, mermaids, merboys, mergirls, merlings, and etc.

I’ve always wanted to do something for that, but I’m almost always under prepared.

If I do try to do something for MerMay, I might do so much sim gameplay that I’d need to finish a sim year. 😅 but, with the new forum on the way, an honorary MerMay in June might not be a bad idea.

Can I do 31 daily updates of Sim Merfolk? 🧜🏻‍♂️🧜🏻‍♀️🧜🏼‍♂️🧜🏼‍♀️🧜🏾‍♂️🧜🏾‍♀️
  • Options
    edited February 28
    While I still can, I want to share a few things my merfolk have been up to.

An Early Scene of my next chapter I'll be sharing on my blog. I just got the screenshots to start writing my first chapter of my story reboot, 549 screenshots to be exact, so this is an extremely early teaser for what is to come.

A Love that Transcends Two Worlds
    53557166594_6724bd924c_h.jpg

53557166569_45ec20685c_h.jpg

53557279525_d7881149e2_h.jpg

53557166454_5769da4cb7_h.jpg

53557278120_7c8b96cc19_h.jpg

She's a Human, I'm a Merman
    53557277785_2779e9f106_h.jpg

53557277720_3a0445bb3c_h.jpg

53557277695_8b0319844b_h.jpg

Same Bad Decision, Different Story
    53557163569_ad037851d1_h.jpg

53555975647_ce6b3767e5_h.jpg

53555975537_b5b269088a_h.jpg

Life Is Full of Tough Choices

A merperson must part with the ability to love or the ability to speak before they can walk among humans. No mer can take human form without the help of Sea Sorcery. No natural born mer can become human. When a deal is made through dark sea sorcery, the sacrifice is permanent so long as the contract and its magic remains in effect. A choice must be made: to be able to love or to be able to tell someone you love them.
    53557366685_ecd36fd1eb_h.jpg

53557253489_7e7fb746cd_h.jpg

53557366675_cf1398864e_h.jpg

53557113028_53e262f0c9_h.jpg

53557366625_697c8c0acd_h.jpg

53556913291_27ae5406df_h.jpg

53557366620_aa24e87771_h.jpg

Like Riding a Bike, if Your Bikes Are Fins and Not Legs
    53555974492_e5259d3c1b_h.jpg

53555974442_8fb9fa8274_h.jpg

53555974342_16a010ed0c_h.jpg

53557022628_09487039e4_h.jpg

53556822921_1572babe04_h.jpg

53557162589_fdc5d1700f_h.jpg

53556822776_fc41cf8c2f_h.jpg

53557022518_b30e57313a_h.jpg

53556822756_61e87323e6_h.jpg
    53557022423_deafa009df_h.jpg

53557022378_62e287dcc0_h.jpg

First Time in the Human World

NPCs in my game should get paid more, no lies.
    53556822406_34fe8c1213_h.jpg

53557022113_c697ede006_h.jpg

53555973812_675abd1dd0_h.jpg

53557274760_fa94117f94_h.jpg

53557161814_51da898f53_h.jpg

A New Villain

I added a couple of Kelpies to my game as henchman for the new villain. They weren't originally kelpies, but details will be revealed in time. Camilo is another evil sea witch encroaching on Damion's Turf. He has plans for Alex, but they probably aren't what anyone is expecting. Camilo isn't motivated by a desire to collect things from those who come to him. He has much bigger plans in mind.

As for the Kelpies, I found out a few things:

1. When they initially get turned into Kelpies, they don't look like kelpies until after you select their scale colors. The mechanics are similar to selecting child merfolk tails.
    2. There are a few options like having yout Kelpies appear with their hair or not.
    3. Their appearance while disguised is the original appearance they have when you first created them. You can toggle this in the same place that you select their scale pattern.

For those who use the Expanded Mermaid's Mod, I hope this helps. I'm not the creator of that mod, and all the credit for the amazing mod goes to Spinning Plumbob. I just wanted to offer a helpful tip.

Link to the Expanded Mermaid Mod:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/expanded-mod-2-0-78685209
    53557157204_c937e300a6_h.jpg

• Options
    I’ve been brainstorming what I want to do with my new story, and I was thinking about doing a mix of things from all my different stories.

Something I wanted to add,

There are some key differences between Camilo and Damion.

Camilo gave up his own ability to love to pursue his ambitions and both of his henchmen were humans he conned and turned into sea monsters. Unlike Damion, Camilo can go on land and take a human form.

In contrast, Damion never sacrificed his ability to love, and a big reason for that would be Caleb Vatore. Damion is like all merfolk and can’t go on land. Instead, he turned his henchmen, Ukupanipo into a sea monster that is capable of going on land. Damion does not share Camila’s Ambitions and mostly seeks to collect rare things in the sea. A mer’s love or voice and etc. He’s more materialistic that way.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice Follow your heart. Sometimes the answer lies between two ideas.
  • Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    Sitting in darkness cause I haven’t opened my game in a few months.