Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    So there is tension and lowering of the bar, even if the two occults were friends/lovers/etc? Is it the same for family relatives as well?

Also: Does this stay the same if you rotate away from them and then return to that household?

I’m nervous that it will somehow glitch and lower/rubberband the relationship back down (like if the game suddenly remembered the concrete lore of the forced animosity and re-initiate it again).

The lowering of the friendship bar has been negligible for me with already established friendships & has been easily built up again (same with overcoming the tense moodlet, which only seems to happen with you specifically try and ask for werewolf sympathy & it fails). If your werewolf has the 'werewolf diplomacy' trait (unlocked by successfully asking for sympathy) then you can use that & the vampire you're friends with will be cool interacting with the werewolf sim. So far non of this seems to be affected if you rotate away from a household, or leave a venue and return another time (not that I've noticed at least).

I'm not sure about family relationships, I still need to test that. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    So there is tension and lowering of the bar, even if the two occults were friends/lovers/etc? Is it the same for family relatives as well?

Also: Does this stay the same if you rotate away from them and then return to that household?

I’m nervous that it will somehow glitch and lower/rubberband the relationship back down (like if the game suddenly remembered the concrete lore of the forced animosity and re-initiate it again).

The lowering of the friendship bar has been negligible for me with already established friendships & has been easily built up again (same with overcoming the tense moodlet, which only seems to happen with you specifically try and ask for werewolf sympathy & it fails). If your werewolf has the 'werewolf diplomacy' trait (unlocked by successfully asking for sympathy) then you can use that & the vampire you're friends with will be cool interacting with the werewolf sim. So far non of this seems to be affected if you rotate away from a household, or leave a venue and return another time (not that I've noticed at least).

I'm not sure about family relationships, I still need to test that. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

This is very reassuring! Thank you (and other simmers) for giving us info about the pack, and for your patience in answering my questions. :smile:

Please let me know how family relationships go! I haven’t fully checked all of the info of the pack, but I hope werewolf and vampire relatives can get along!

I wouldn’t want a vampire parent/guardian/relative to be tense or mean towards their little werewolf toddler or baby relative (whether their own kid, or someone within extended family), for example, yikes, lol. :grimace:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Do werewolves accidentally break objects more easily that anyone knows of? Had a brand new sink in my home and it broke like the second time it was used and the fridge broke randomly with no rampage as well. If so I’d honestly find that a cool detail but didn’t know if it was just me or intentional.

it's intentional. My girl is constantly having to fix her sink because she "doesn't know her own strength"
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    edited June 2022
    @simgirl1010 I think so. That explains why my werewolf keeps sniffing Lou. I haven't gotten an official notice they're Fated Mates, but she did get one saying she believes in the idea and she sniffs him autonomously on occasion.

ETA: Is this message confirmation that Lou is Ava's fated mate?
    zkf9JIt.jpg?1
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Haven't found the time to play yet, but can someone explain to me exactly what the "Soulmates" gameplay feature is? :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    EmmaVane has a section on Fated Mates in her Q&A thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000365/q-a-werewolves/p1
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Both of the werewolves I have played have got the Fated Mates thing happen with the very first other werewolf I had them flirt with. Is everyone else finding this isn't the case? If it's just the first wolf your sim flirts with everytime that is disappointing, so I hope I've just been unlucky.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Both of the werewolves I have played have got the Fated Mates thing happen with the very first other werewolf I had them flirt with. Is everyone else finding this isn't the case? If it's just the first wolf your sim flirts with everytime that is disappointing, so I hope I've just been unlucky.

I've only done the one relationship, but yes Ava got Lou as her Fated Mate. I wasn't sure a minute ago but I just checked and they are. I must have missed something when it happened. The only sign I had was the text I posted above which to me didn't sound like a statement that she had found her Fated Mate, just that it might be happening. There is nothing in the relationship panel, I had to open Lou's sim profile to even know it had happened so I don't know how much flirting it took. I had Ava throw herself at him and still have no idea when it occurred.
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member

I had to flirt with three wolves to find my fated mate, so you have probably just been unlucky.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2022
    Illandrya wrote: »

I had to flirt with three wolves to find my fated mate, so you have probably just been unlucky.

Did you use normal flirt or the wolves interaction “wolf eyes” and “growl”? To me the message about mates popped up after I used the special wolf interactions, namely the wolf eyes one. It didn’t with the normal flirt.
  • Options
    thetiredoakthetiredoak Posts: 2 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > Can anyone confirm this?
    >
    > https://twitter.com/Risshellala/status/1538331460356145152?t=yh_lZ8GIvhY-CG6z2b2bzw&s=19

I get this anytime they smell an occult that isnt a werewolf nearby
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »

Did you use normal flirt or the wolves interaction “wolf eyes” and “growl”? To me the message about mates popped up after I used the special wolf interactions, namely the wolf eyes one. It didn’t with the normal flirt.

I used the "wolf eyes" interaction. The normal flirt and growl weren't available to me until after I found my fated mate.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

It turns out that every time you do a romantic interaction you have a 50% chance of Fated Mates happening. Every single time you do an interaction, not once per sim.
    This is way too high for my tastes. Multiple romantic on one sim is practically guaranteed to make them your mate.
    So I looked round and there is already both mods to lower the chance, include none werewolves if you wish, and an excellent explanation how to change it yourself.
    https://modthesims.info/d/668385/fated-mate-it-s-fate.html
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    The insatiable hunger before turning is no joke. Was playing rag to riches so i didn’t have money. My hunger went to red which is usually not a big deal. But the next thing I know my sim died. I was just about to turn too.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to make my werewolf sim change into wolf form freely without hitting max fury. Does anyone know?

I need to know as well. Anyone?

You need to not scare any sims when your fury makes you change into a werewolf. Then you'll unlock the ability to change when you want to.

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    The insatiable hunger before turning is no joke. Was playing rag to riches so i didn’t have money. My hunger went to red which is usually not a big deal. But the next thing I know my sim died. I was just about to turn too.

Happened to me too! I had her scrambling some eggs when it bottomed out and she put the pan down, pointed at her mouth and died!
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited June 2022
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but you can change your werewolf's body by grabbing what you want to change and pushing or pulling. See Screenshots.
    my sim turned werewolf with tunnel exploration.
    1.standard werewolf form
    2.not so flat behind
    3.added chest
    4.flatten waist
    90Gh6gh.png
    EUCQzNU.png
    Fy1UVya.png
    zGoyxvg.png
    maybe #4
    z2ofvIF.png

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    This is looking so much fun! Hopefully the last couple of mods I'm waiting for will be updated soon. I really want to play!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    This is looking so much fun! Hopefully the last couple of mods I'm waiting for will be updated soon. I really want to play!

Hopefully you can get in and play soon. You are in for a treat when you do. We can talk about it all day, but this pack has to be experienced.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

Hopefully you can get in and play soon. You are in for a treat when you do. We can talk about it all day, but this pack has to be experienced.

I hope by tomorrow! One of my mod creators just cleared the ones I use. Still waiting for Sim Spawn Overhaul. I don't really want the Landgraabs hanging out with my werewolves. But I may try Kuttoe's mod instead.

I have watched so many builds and let's play videos over the weekend. I want to build the Wildfangs a hideout.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I hope by tomorrow! One of my mod creators just cleared the ones I use. Still waiting for Sim Spawn Overhaul. I don't really want the Landgraabs hanging out with my werewolves. But I may try Kuttoe's mod instead.

I have watched so many builds and let's play videos over the weekend. I want to build the Wildfangs a hideout.

Awesome! I'm rooting for you.😁

I no longer have a Landgraab problem. What started as a test bed became an actual save. I didn't have Neighborhood stories turned off and before the end of the first sim week Nancy died of overheating and Geoffrey got himself electrocuted. I didn't even have time to turn Malcolm into a werewolf to make their lives more dramatic.

I sort of built a Wildfangs hideout, by accident. I built a basement wolf den for my female werewolf who lives in Henford. I put the basement under Cordelias Secret Cottage so I could hide the tunnel to Moonwood Mill. I only put it in so she could travel that way, and then I suddenly realized she hardly ever goes home, she just hangs out and sleeps on the ground in front of the current Wildfangs hideout. Of course now that's she pregnant with Lou's wolf pup she's going to need the home again.😁 Anyway here a pic of her wolf den...
    xxyCS7j.png?1

On second though that lots too small, she needs to move in with Lou in Willow Creek. Yeah, it took me some time to realize I hadn't shut off NS. He lives next door to the Pancakes in that bigger lot. We could terrorize Eliza or turn Bob and let him deal with her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top