Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    OK My werewolf has moved through the ranks but still, I never see an option for her to transform or even try to transform at will. How is shes she supposed to do it? HELP!!
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    The insatiable hunger before turning is no joke. Was playing rag to riches so i didn’t have money. My hunger went to red which is usually not a big deal. But the next thing I know my sim died. I was just about to turn too.

Happened to me too! I had her scrambling some eggs when it bottomed out and she put the pan down, pointed at her mouth and died!

Mine would have died, too, if not for the Eat raw fish mod! I had sent her to sleep with a full hunger bar, knowing she'd transform the next day, and when she woke up her moodlet said she was only two hours from starvation. Fortunately I had sent her companion fishing for breakfast, and Tina swallowed two fish raw, so she was saved. I don't think I would have had time to put a grill or order something at the bus bar. My sims also hadn't thought of bringing a cooler and adding a fridge to the library would have broken my immersion too much. Needless to say, after this experience (and with her feeding habits) Tina bought the hunting and eat anything power first chance :p
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    OK My werewolf has moved through the ranks but still, I never see an option for her to transform or even try to transform at will. How is shes she supposed to do it? HELP!!

It's a dormant trait you have to unlock by having her not scare anyone during a rampage. Try locking her in a room, or (my favorite) starting at home and then running around Howling point trying to dig stuff up (assuming you did pick the scavenger trait) for the duration of the rampage.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but you can change your werewolf's body by grabbing what you want to change and pushing or pulling. See Screenshots.
    my sim turned werewolf with tunnel exploration.
    1.standard werewolf form
    2.not so flat behind
    3.added chest
    4.flatten waist
    90Gh6gh.png
    EUCQzNU.png
    Fy1UVya.png
    zGoyxvg.png
    maybe #4
    z2ofvIF.png
    Oh, thank you for showing us this! :grin: I like that there seems to be a nice range of customization for the weres.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    This is looking so much fun! Hopefully the last couple of mods I'm waiting for will be updated soon. I really want to play!

Hopefully you can get in and play soon. You are in for a treat when you do. We can talk about it all day, but this pack has to be experienced.

I hope by tomorrow! One of my mod creators just cleared the ones I use. Still waiting for Sim Spawn Overhaul. I don't really want the Landgraabs hanging out with my werewolves. But I may try Kuttoe's mod instead.

I have watched so many builds and let's play videos over the weekend. I want to build the Wildfangs a hideout.

Awesome! I'm rooting for you.😁

I no longer have a Landgraab problem. What started as a test bed became an actual save. I didn't have Neighborhood stories turned off and before the end of the first sim week Nancy died of overheating and Geoffrey got himself electrocuted. I didn't even have time to turn Malcolm into a werewolf to make their lives more dramatic.

I sort of built a Wildfangs hideout, by accident. I built a basement wolf den for my female werewolf who lives in Henford. I put the basement under Cordelias Secret Cottage so I could hide the tunnel to Moonwood Mill. I only put it in so she could travel that way, and then I suddenly realized she hardly ever goes home, she just hangs out and sleeps on the ground in front of the current Wildfangs hideout. Of course now that's she pregnant with Lou's wolf pup she's going to need the home again.😁 Anyway here a pic of her wolf den...
    xxyCS7j.png?1

On second though that lots too small, she needs to move in with Lou in Willow Creek. Yeah, it took me some time to realize I hadn't shut off NS. He lives next door to the Pancakes in that bigger lot. We could terrorize Eliza or turn Bob and let him deal with her.

Looks awesome! I am not much of a builder. I've only done a couple of starter homes, but this pack makes me want to dive into it.

It's always a good idea to terrorize the Pancakes. Not that I've ever done that personally... That alien abduction was totally accidental. o:)
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Looks awesome! I am not much of a builder. I've only done a couple of starter homes, but this pack makes me want to dive into it.

It's always a good idea to terrorize the Pancakes. Not that I've ever done that personally... That alien abduction was totally accidental. o:)

Thank you. I'm really new to building myself, I'm more of a redecorator. I may have Ava move in with Lou instead of the other way around. Much more space, and who knows how big the litter will be. Even one pup is going to make things uncomfortably crowded.

Like you said, it's always a good idea to keep Eliza on her toes. Even better if we can get Bob to take part. Ava has already bitten once today, no real reason why she can't add Bob's arm to her resume too. Sure his arm isn't as famous, or notorious as her first victim. Ava is a Wildfang, and Wildfangs believe being a werewolf is a gift. Just so happens Ava is in a sharing mood.😉

• Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

It's a dormant trait you have to unlock by having her not scare anyone during a rampage. Try locking her in a room, or (my favorite) starting at home and then running around Howling point trying to dig stuff up (assuming you did pick the scavenger trait) for the duration of the rampage.

Yes, I chose the scavenger trait. Thank You!!
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Oh the Pancakes NEED werewolf neighbors!

also what do you think about
    Bob=wolf
    Eliza=vamp
    hmm
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    @mightysprite I hadn't thought about Eliza as a vampire but given their relationship as is, throwing that dynamic into it, oh that would be delicious. Ava and Lou could just set up lawn chairs, grab a few raw steaks to nibble on, sit back and watch the show.

I'm definitely having her join Lou in Willow Creek, and then have her chomp on Bob. I may enlist Vladdy Daddy to put the bite on Eliza. This should be fun.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    This is looking so much fun! Hopefully the last couple of mods I'm waiting for will be updated soon. I really want to play!

Hopefully you can get in and play soon. You are in for a treat when you do. We can talk about it all day, but this pack has to be experienced.

I hope by tomorrow! One of my mod creators just cleared the ones I use. Still waiting for Sim Spawn Overhaul. I don't really want the Landgraabs hanging out with my werewolves. But I may try Kuttoe's mod instead.

I have watched so many builds and let's play videos over the weekend. I want to build the Wildfangs a hideout.

Awesome! I'm rooting for you.😁

I no longer have a Landgraab problem. What started as a test bed became an actual save. I didn't have Neighborhood stories turned off and before the end of the first sim week Nancy died of overheating and Geoffrey got himself electrocuted. I didn't even have time to turn Malcolm into a werewolf to make their lives more dramatic.

I sort of built a Wildfangs hideout, by accident. I built a basement wolf den for my female werewolf who lives in Henford. I put the basement under Cordelias Secret Cottage so I could hide the tunnel to Moonwood Mill. I only put it in so she could travel that way, and then I suddenly realized she hardly ever goes home, she just hangs out and sleeps on the ground in front of the current Wildfangs hideout. Of course now that's she pregnant with Lou's wolf pup she's going to need the home again.😁 Anyway here a pic of her wolf den...
    xxyCS7j.png?1

On second though that lots too small, she needs to move in with Lou in Willow Creek. Yeah, it took me some time to realize I hadn't shut off NS. He lives next door to the Pancakes in that bigger lot. We could terrorize Eliza or turn Bob and let him deal with her.

Oh Please turn Bob. Eliza so deserves this!
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Not sure if this is just a glitch as I have never seen stray dogs outside of Brindleton Bay but one showed up in Moonwood mill and my Seraphina adopted her. When Seraphina howled the dog howled with her! It gave me warm fuzzies. She can also tell her to bark at the moon. So cute!
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited June 2022
    So I bought the pack today. Yay! The first thing I did was to go to the Volkov's house and check in on them. I had to quit without saving as it set everyone's pack level to Omega. So can we not play the premades without them losing their pack status? I was planning to make a hangout for the Wildfangs, but perhaps I shouldn't do that.

Edit: I went back to them after my Sim met them in game. This time they all kept their pack status. So it's looks like it will be safe to make a place for the Wildfangs to live, now that I've met them all.
    Post edited by telemwill on
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    This is very reassuring! Thank you (and other simmers) for giving us info about the pack, and for your patience in answering my questions. :smile:

Please let me know how family relationships go! I haven’t fully checked all of the info of the pack, but I hope werewolf and vampire relatives can get along!

I wouldn’t want a vampire parent/guardian/relative to be tense or mean towards their little werewolf toddler or baby relative (whether their own kid, or someone within extended family), for example, yikes, lol. :grimace:

So I ran a couple of tests. I had one of Grim and Aislinn's young adult kids visit and try out the 'ask for werewolf sympathy' on both his Dad and Mum. Before I did this I used MCCC cheats to drop the relationship level with one parent (Grim) so I could see if there was any difference in response depending on how high the relationship bar was. With Grim, at a relationship level below the 'friends' point of the bar, he gave a negative response, but there was no loss of friendship and no tense moodlet. Conversely with Aislinn, with a much higher friendship point, she responded positively and it ended up unlocking the werewolf diplomacy trait for the werewolf.

Then I went into CAS and created a separate test family, with a vampire father, werewolf mother, and werewolf toddler. Just bear in mind that I have some mods in my game that occasionally cause family relationships to glitch, but in this case the vampire and werewolf couple (I made them spouses) started off with an almost maxed out romance bar, but with the friendship bar just a fraction into the red, and the vampire parent and werewolf toddler had red bar on the friendship that was about 2 thirds full. But, here's the interesting thing, despite the red friendship bars there was absolutely no animosity from the father to the child, especially, and husband and wife also got their friendship bar into the green zone really quickly. All three sims acted very lovingly towards one another, the vamp dad and his werewolf toddler showed no nastiness between them, and apart from the friendship bar saying otherwise they behaved like a happy family that enjoyed spending time together. Also getting the red bar into the green for friendship for all of them was easier even than doing it with a vamp and werewolf who aren't related.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    This is very reassuring! Thank you (and other simmers) for giving us info about the pack, and for your patience in answering my questions. :smile:

Please let me know how family relationships go! I haven’t fully checked all of the info of the pack, but I hope werewolf and vampire relatives can get along!

I wouldn’t want a vampire parent/guardian/relative to be tense or mean towards their little werewolf toddler or baby relative (whether their own kid, or someone within extended family), for example, yikes, lol. :grimace:

So I ran a couple of tests. I had one of Grim and Aislinn's young adult kids visit and try out the 'ask for werewolf sympathy' on both his Dad and Mum. Before I did this I used MCCC cheats to drop the relationship level with one parent (Grim) so I could see if there was any difference in response depending on how high the relationship bar was. With Grim, at a relationship level below the 'friends' point of the bar, he gave a negative response, but there was no loss of friendship and no tense moodlet. Conversely with Aislinn, with a much higher friendship point, she responded positively and it ended up unlocking the werewolf diplomacy trait for the werewolf.

Then I went into CAS and created a separate test family, with a vampire father, werewolf mother, and werewolf toddler. Just bear in mind that I have some mods in my game that occasionally cause family relationships to glitch, but in this case the vampire and werewolf couple (I made them spouses) started off with an almost maxed out romance bar, but with the friendship bar just a fraction into the red, and the vampire parent and werewolf toddler had red bar on the friendship that was about 2 thirds full. But, here's the interesting thing, despite the red friendship bars there was absolutely no animosity from the father to the child, especially, and husband and wife also got their friendship bar into the green zone really quickly. All three sims acted very lovingly towards one another, the vamp dad and his werewolf toddler showed no nastiness between them, and apart from the friendship bar saying otherwise they behaved like a happy family that enjoyed spending time together. Also getting the red bar into the green for friendship for all of them was easier even than doing it with a vamp and werewolf who aren't related.

Oh, this is perfect!! Exactly what I am hoping for! I love that the families can still love their kids despite the occult differences.

I’m one of those who avoid the Hates Children and Mean traits, so I am glad for this. I am relieved that my very nice sims would not automatically be turning into awful or abusive parents just because their kids are just a bit different from them. :smile:

Your experiences have given me confidence in getting this pack, and I appreciate your answers and insights, @GrimlyFiendish (and other kind simmers answering my questions) !! 🤗👍 I was nervous and on the fence, but with these answers, I feel soooooooo much better now and will be getting this pack! 😁🐺

Oh, my gosh!! This is too cute!!! It’s perfect to incorporate this for our families that have toddlers! 🤗👍

Oh, that’s really cool that they incorporated some cross-pack like this ! Perfect! 😀👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    Fluffy puppy XD that's amazing
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top