Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2023

Comments

• Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2023
    Feb. 7

02-07-23-9-25-55-PM.png
    Kiyoshi had been acting sad recently, and he finally confessed to her the reason.
    "My...my dad passed away. We're having his funeral this weekend. Will you come?"
    June met his mom and little sister for the first time at the funeral, and was sad she hadn't gotten to meet his dad. At the funeral Kiyoshi also revealed that his family would be moving away...
    "My mom decided to move us to Oasis Springs...it's a little further away, but it's warm there. Maybe you can come visit."

(Thaaaaanks neighborhood stories. Lol, I'm not complaining, it's keeping it interesting).

Extra pics:
    02-07-23-9-20-11-PM.png
    02-07-23-9-20-59-PM.png
    02-07-23-9-23-32-PM.png
    02-07-23-9-24-13-PM.png
    02-07-23-9-00-52-PM.png
    02-07-23-9-01-18-PM.png
    02-07-23-9-03-14-PM.png
    Don't mind that June is wearing two different outfits...lol...she changed after the funeral was over. I used a mod by britpinkie for the funeral. It's pretty old but still works well.

And a cake for @Karababy52
    02-07-23-9-22-39-PM.png
    Happy birthday!
    02-07-23-9-23-45-PM.png

@permanentrose
    Glad Rory got all fixed up. I always thought Siobhan and Sergio were canon...but I don't remember where I got that idea. Maybe from a trailer or something.

@Ellupelluellu
    Windenburg is really pretty. And it looks like you can see Mt. Komorebi in the background! Do you use a mod to get rid of the headline effects? Love the dance pics!

@LegacySims2017
    Love Dante's new looks, I updated him in my game with them! Can't wait to see what he gets up to in Windenburg.
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited February 2023
    Belalucina wrote: »
    permanentrose
    (...) I always thought Siobhan and Sergio were canon...but I don't remember where I got that idea. Maybe from a trailer or something.
    Sergio and Siobhan are supposed to start new saves as being in a relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend, sweethearts) by default. In some saves the cross-family relationships (i.e. friendships with sims from different households) in Windenburg are messed up, but not in permanent's game clearly :D

body is 4 characters too short
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @afai1261 oh yeah, I remember that now! I'm pretty sure that's how they were in my game. But Siobhan married someone else in my game because...well... neighborhood stories again. R.I.P Sergio...

At this rate everyone in my game will be dead by the end of the year.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Belalucina
    Oh man, how sad for Kyoshi and his family. Also sad for the burgeoning romance between June and Kyoshi since he's moving away. Hard to keep long distance romances going when that happens. Incidentally, I turned off NS in my game. Nobody moves, has babies, adopts pets, etc., which is just how I like it. I'm too much of a micromanager to let the game decides such things. That's the almighty Watcher's responsibility! ;)

Your church turned out so pretty, and I love those CC tribute wreaths. Nice there's a funeral mod for those that want to experience them in their game. Aww, very sweet you had June bake a cake for me and challenge Sims ate it together in my honor. Thank you for that, made me smile. <3
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,010 Member
    edited February 2023
    @Belalucina
    no mod, just cheat.. open cheat window and type "headlineeffects off" , without the ", of course, and press enter, you are good to go! (not sure do testingcheats need to be on , as I have that on as default by mccc)
    And "headlineeffects on" to turn it back :)
    warning, when you toggle effects off, you wont either see the usual box what says sims name and age if you hoover your mouse over a sim, also plants, if you hoover your mouse on those you cannot see what plant it is.

ETA, only telling the "warning" part as when i used it first time i thought something wrong in my game xd
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @Ellupelluellu
    See, I have MCCC and I didn't even know that was an option lol. Thank you! Oh yeah, I meant to ask, does MCCC make romance happen between Sims in the background too? I know it does random marriages and pregnancies, but other than that I hadn't noticed anything. Is it because of autonomous interactions? I think I have autonomous flirting off, because it seemed that everyone was flirting with everyone, whether they were in a relationship or not, and it was annoying me lol.
  • Options
    @Belalucina ,
    Mccc Woohoo has some autonomy settings. Im not totally sure what comes from what , I do have few smaller romance autonomy mods too, from bienchen at least, but not now remember what does what :p As I also have mods not shall be named in here. ;)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Belalucina Kiyoshi’s dad died in my game too. From a fire though, not neighborhood stories. The poor guy has bad luck apparently
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,240 Member
    I was able to add this year's Challenge Sims into my game now. I had already started before Jan 1st, so I decided to wait until February to add the Challenge Sims. This year, I also didn't want to have the Challenge Sims teenagers live by themselves. Using the genetics button, I created parents for them. Depending on the Lot I put them in, determined if I generated both parents or a single parent.

challenge-sims.jpg?w=979&ssl=1

@SoulGal7 Since you ended up creating two Sims (siblings), I wanted to make sure to add both to my gameplay. Dante will most likely only have one as a bae as it would be awkward to have both romantically involved with him. I also put Father Winter as their caregiver rather than making them have parents.

@DoloresGrey I was in a silly mood and when I generated Teddy's parents, I named his father 'Grizzly' and his mother 'Polar'. I think the genetics that came out from it turned out great. I like the looks of them both.

@afai1261 I know you're not doing the Challenge this year, but are lurking. You mentioned that Aaron + Hunter had a child, so I requested him from you. I went ahead and now added him along with his parents to this gameplay. I'll tag you when Julian becomes one of Dante's bae's. But probably will not for each daily image chapter he is in. That can be a fun surprise for you if you follow along.
  • Options
    @Karababy52 ,
    thanks for comments :) im lil late answering. Yes it was salmon, and it was actually sort of breakfast, lol, as it was 8am at sunday morning :P

Pants indeed came from fashionstreet kit, rest from that midnight chiq kit or what ever it was. I love both kits and overuse the clothing.
    Dante is not only one in row, it just looks like it from that angle and they are turned around. :) Babs is indeed only one on her row.

@LegacySims2017 , honestly, those look super great B):smiley:
  • Options
    Babs
    day 9
    ZLMS4rb.png
    Really I had no time to play this day. but hey thats neat trick! some forum member posted it once, and now when I added that seasons foodstal to park, I added those bar stools to it! those "snap" to foodstall and sims eat there first. Im most likely only one who did not knew :D
    Babs
    day 10
    jmMREm4.png
    Sean stalked and invited Babs to flea market!
    What was super cool , as I had just installed Flea Market refresh mod!!! Gyq2b7F.png
    KPPqduQ.png
    It randomizes the variety every time, from packs you own, finally it feels like flea market!

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @LegacySims2017 - How nice to see Elfie and Delfina with Father Winter as their caregiver. That makes a lot of sense, as they are both elves. :)
  • Options
    We had a power outage yesterday and I worked a 12 hour shift today and I just don’t have the energy to catch up now but hopefully tomorrow 💜
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Feb. 8
    02-08-23-2-52-26-PM.png
    Club gathering (and Morgan who invited herself over lol)

Feb. 9
    02-09-23-9-11-07-PM.png

Feb. 10
    02-10-23-2-25-39-PM.png
    You like her picture of her future self? Lol.
    02-10-23-2-24-21-PM.png
    02-10-23-2-24-36-PM.png
    02-10-23-9-22-45-PM.png
    Flashback to her homeless days, falling asleep on a bench, only this time it's a swing.

@Ellupelluellu
    I had no idea you could do that either! Very cool, I had to try it as well. Your park is so pretty with the decorations up. I added that flea market mod too. I always thought the flea market was a little lackluster.

@LegacySims2017
    All their families look so good! And you even added Ducky <3

@permanentrose
    Get some rest <3
    Post edited by Belalucina on
  • Options
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge
    (100 Bae Challenge)
    https://legacysims.net/?page_id=10908

Dante Morningstar
    Season: Fall
    football-practice-with-jeb.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    February 2: A New School Year and a New After School Activity

Dante begins his Junior year in high school. He had quit his job as a lifeguard as it was only seasonal employment and will go back to it in the summer again. To occupy himself after school on some school days, Dante joins the football team.

Dante is cooped up in the penthouse and wanted to see where his friends lived. He found out that a few of his friends live in Windenburg. He heard about homelessness and wanted to see what it was like. Morgan Fyres and Wolfgang Munch showed Dante an empty plot of land on The Crumbling Isle in Windenburg where he could stay without it causing trouble with townsfolk. The two lived on the mainland and let Dante know he could visit them anytime.

Bonus images
    poetry.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Dante has a knack at writing poetry.

warming-up.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Wolfgang and Morgan show Dante a secluded area in Windenburg he could hide out for himself.

chloe-001.jpg?resize=244%2C192&ssl=1
    Dante’s mom is now taking an interest in Dante’s friends!

Achievements
    Skills:
    • Singing (2/10)

Collection:
    • Emerald Crystal
    • Obtanium Metal
    • Plathinum Metal
    • Punium Metal
    • Simtanium Metal

100 Bae Challenge
    bae-012-babs-lamour.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    1. Jeb Harris
    2. Morgan Fyres
    3. Wolfgang Munch
    4. Cassandra Goth
    5. Ash Harjo
    6. Sidney Price
    7. Gemma Charm
    8. Kiyoshi Ito
    9. Rohan Elderberry
    10. Kaori Nishidake
    11. Noah Kane
    12. Babs L’Amour

Notes
    1. I ended up finding it a little too easy with Dante in the penthouse. Not really a “challenge”. Will start off in February on an empty lot and not go to the penthouse.
    2. As a reminder, I am doing each month as a Rags to Riches, so Dante will have 0 simoleons at the start of each month. He will continue to dig and such with selling any duplicates he finds.
    3. This is the first bae selfie where someone has photo bombed in it…lol!
  • Options
    February 7th - 10th Comments:

@permanentrose
    Poor Rory twice. One, for having getting bit by a squirrel. Two, for having Nancy Landgraab taking care of her. :lol: Maybe that ring in Sergio's bag was for someone else, like his boyfriend. :grimace:

@Ellupelluellu
    Aww, I like that tribute to Karababy's birthday with Babs.
    Dang, that was a huge flock. Looks like babs was entertained by them. What a fun daily image.

Then Babs is in shock at her meal in the restaurant. Maybe this was her first meal in one and she got excited?!

Still loving those dance outfits. Look at Dante move! He looks good in pink and blue.
    That's cool that Babs can eat at the food cart. Nice trick find. I didn't know about it either. :wink:

Looks like Tarzan arrived in the daily image. :joy: But good to see Sean stalked invited Babs to join him at the flea market.

@Belalucina
    Aww, what a nice and somber funeral. Poor Kiyoshi and family. Was good to see some of the Challenge Sims arrive to pay their respects. Not sure why Vlad is there. :lol: He has alternative motives! What a beautiful church you created. :smile:
    What a fun little group gathering outside on a cold day warming up at a fire.

Does June knit clothes for herself? :smile:

:joy: at the picture on the wall. What June can expect when she gets older. Falling asleep on the swings like that is going to be painful when waking up. :lol:
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    YW! <3 Okay, I figured it was, thanks for letting me know. Some people eat pizza for breakfast, so why not salmon eh? hehe

Alright I need to get that pack, just for those pants! hehe I'm sure there's other items I might use as well, but I love those pants. I bought MFP just for the blinds so why not? ;)

So it's an angle issue, that explains it. Thanks! :)

Yes! I never knew about the snappable stools to food stalls either until I saw someone mention it when EL dropped. I love that option! I only wish we could add stools to stalls not technically on a lot. Perhaps using TOOL it might be possible though. It just makes it so much more realistic and lively with the stools eh?

Hi Sean! He is looking SO good these days! I still can't get over how Babs looks somewhat similar to Candy Behr with that hairstyle. She's so dang cute! Wow! Look at all the flea market stuff! I love it! Thanks for the link to the mod, I downloaded and put it in my game right away! I'm looking forward to the Flea market now! Usually it's not one of my fav festivals, but I bet it will be now. :) I already have the xmlinjector I got for some other mods, so hopefully it should be good to go for me now. <3 I'm curious, who is the long dark haired flea market attendant?
  • Options
    (100 Bae Challenge)

Dante Morningstar
    first-club-meeting.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    February 3: Music Makers and Music Friends

Dante created a flyer and placed them on lockers and walls throughout the hallways of the Copperdale High School. It stated anyone who had a passion for music or playing an instrument to meet at the LUX Nightclub on Saturday morning. He asked them to wear black of some sort so he would know who they were. A small handful showed up and Dante soon made some new friends.

During the first club meeting, the group decided to call themselves the ‘Music Makers’. Dante liked that. For their next meeting, they would have a themed outfit for all of them to wear. The first meeting was mainly to get to know each other.

Bonus images
    box-of-fruit.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Dante catches a small crate of fruit while fishing.

Achievements
    Aspiration:
    • Leader of the Pack (Get Accepted) – Start or Join a Club (1/1)
    • Leader of the Pack (Get Accepted) – Buy a Club Perk (1/1)
    • Leader of the Pack (Private Gathering) – Perform 10 Club Activities (5/10)
    • Leader of the Pack (Private Gathering) – Be in a Club Gathering for 12 Hours (4/12)

Skills:
    • Fishing (5/10)

Collection:
    • Crytunium Metal
    • Discus Fish
    • Ironyum Metal
    • Ruby Crystal

100 Bae Challenge
    bae-013-riley-chatman.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    1. Jeb Harris
    2. Morgan Fyres
    3. Wolfgang Munch
    4. Cassandra Goth
    5. Ash Harjo
    6. Sidney Price
    7. Gemma Charm
    8. Kiyoshi Ito
    9. Rohan Elderberry
    10. Kaori Nishidake
    11. Noah Kane
    12. Babs L’Amour
    13. Riley Chatman
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 , hehe, I would like to know where Chloe knows Babs from :p Or, what if she knows the doppelgänger??? I have not yet deleted her :D
    @Karababy52 , thank you so much for all the comments <3 Like I said in other thread, im glad you liked the mod :) oh, that fleamarket sales dude? might be Dylan, not sure. Or can it even be, Im not sure about that either :smiley:
    @Belalucina , great pics of all! Oh lol, how she can sleep in that swing? I would of dropped to ground at no time :smiley: Glad you found the mod useful :)

Sorry for these , I know I have more time to play next week, it has been busy and eventful week irl.
    Babs
    day 11 feb
    s49Xctk.png
    Babs
    day 12 feb
    uBA4Goo.png
    Babs
    day 13 feb
    TBVbj4n.png
    Sean, all that climbing.. I did not see before he had become such a gorilla... He was fat teen when I started with him :P
  • Options
    February 8

AWLbhSd.png

--

February 9

ku742Qz.jpg

--

February 10

RpzdXf1.png
    FnU7DJm.png

--

February 11

iHh1kHq.jpg

--

February 12

Zht3UT9.jpg

----

So much going on, but I've missed this challenge! It was nice to log into my game briefly today and I'm hoping to get a good story with the leader of the pack aspiration going soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Feb. 12

Screenshot-19.png
    Right before Love Day...why, June, why??
    02-12-23-10-03-39-PM.png
    02-12-23-10-03-59-PM.png
    02-12-23-10-04-46-PM.png
    02-12-23-10-05-05-PM.png
    And why are you the one crying?? Poor June...perhaps she just thought it would be better now rather than later, since they live so far apart now. At least Kiyoshi seemed to handle it well enough. Either that or he's sabotaging her computer.
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Lucifer and Chloe can see all from Sims hell. :lol: She must have noticed Dante hook up with Babs.
  • Options
    (100 Bae Challenge)

Dante Morningstar
    teaching-piano.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    February 4: Teacher and Student

At the following ‘Music Makers’ club meeting, Dante shows off the new outfit for the group. They all go to ThriftTea to get theirs tailored to their own sizes. During the meeting, Dante shows off his piano skills to the group by playing his song ‘The Devil Made Me’. It had no lyrics to it. It is recommended to Dante he promotes his song and makes more.

Flora Evander loves playing the violin and teaches Dante how to play a few strings. Dante enjoyed listening to Flora, but thought his own music sounded like a screaming cat.

Bonus images
    violin-lessons.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Flora gives Dante some violin lessons.

Achievements
    Aspiration:
    • Leader of the Pack (Private Gathering) – Perform 10 Club Activities (10/10)
    • Leader of the Pack (Private Gathering) – Be in a Club Gathering for 12 Hours (8/12)

Skills:
    • Photography (3/5)
    • Violin (2/10)

100 Bae Challenge
    bae-014-flora-evander.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    1. Jeb Harris
    2. Morgan Fyres
    3. Wolfgang Munch
    4. Cassandra Goth
    5. Ash Harjo
    6. Sidney Price
    7. Gemma Charm
    8. Kiyoshi Ito
    9. Rohan Elderberry
    10. Kaori Nishidake
    11. Noah Kane
    12. Babs L’Amour
    13. Riley Chatman
    14. Flora Evander
  • Options
    February 12th Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Cale looks like he wants Babs food and she's holding it making sure he doesn't grab any of it. :joy:

Who knew Babs would be a sports enthusiast, eh? That looks like a competitive look with that basketball.

Babs is also very artistic. And yeah, look at Sean all muscles now. He's admiring Bab's artwork.

@permanentrose
    Rory is like, "What's this?" Just don't eat the mushrooms lil kitty!

I forgets what that green and blue plant thingie is. Looks pretty, though.

Going back to childhood and building sand castles. I bet Flora and Morgan had fun. We know Flora is enjoying having Morgan there. :wink:

Fire dancing together...

...and fishing together! These two have become inseparable right now. I hope it doesn't end up changing.

@Belalucina
    NOOOOooooo! Why June? Kiyoshi is so good to you! And not too long after the funeral. I think he is so upset he is telling his mom on the computer before he leaves. So sad. I hope June changes her mind and ends up wanting to get back together with him.
  • Options
    (100 Bae Challenge)

Dante Morningstar
    tent-and-cooler.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    February 5: An Easy Tent and a Chill Cooler

With winter around the corner, Dante uses some of his earned simoleons from digging and fishing and selling those collected items to buy a tent and cooler. Wolfgang Munch and Morgan Fyres had found an unused space on The Crumbling Isle. Dante was too cooped up in the penthouse and wanted to know what it was like to live without luxury. He had been camping out under the stars for awhile now. But he could tell snow was coming and needed a more secure place of sleeping rather than a bench or the grass.

Achievements
    Skills:
    • Fitness (5/10)

Collection:
    • MySims Trophy – Buddy
    • MySims Trophy – Jenny
    • Striped Dirt Frog