Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Zora1327 wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Hey guys, decided I'd share my story here! :) The Child: Ximena-Daria Roseline is a runaway supernatural survival story about a girl whose name is Ximena-Daria Roseline or Xim for short. Her life has been turned upside-down due to an unfortunate event, so now she tries to survive alone in Newcrest. However, on top of only being a child, she also looks and acts differently from the other simcitizens, and has some hidden powers as well. Hopefully, no one suspects her of being too strange...
    You can look at the page here, but if you want to read it directly, then click on the links here! :)
    Prologue 1: Lucia
    Chapter 1: Newcrest

welcome @Zora1327
    Hey guys, decided I'd share my story here! :) The Child: Ximena-Daria Roseline is a runaway supernatural survival story about a girl whose name is Ximena-Daria Roseline or Xim for short. Her life has been turned upside-down due to an unfortunate event, so now she tries to survive alone in Newcrest. However, on top of only being a child, she also looks and acts differently from the other simcitizens, and has some hidden powers as well. Hopefully, no one suspects her of being too strange...
    You can look at the page here, but if you want to read it directly, then click on the links here! :)

welcome zora. i'm a cohost here. cathtea is the other. sorry i'm a little late trying to get all my mods working before the new pack comes out.

i copy the story links and send them to cathtea. then she posts them when she gets time. sometimes its not that long but with covid shes been busier.

Thanks! :) It's okay if you didn't reply earlier, everyone has things they need to do before the sims 4! (I usually have my own goals that I'm trying to fulfill through writing and normal everyday life as well!)

my mods were acting up because of the patch . i think they work now so technically i was here just in the background. i always preorder the expansions so had to fix it before the release. which usually breaks them again. i try to be here most days cathtea is super busy but my job is on hold cause of covid. i send her stuff like story links so she can add them to the opening page. i wasn't techy when we started this. :)

Haha, I understand broken mods as well! Since I'm a new simmer, I'm just a stranger to modding, so I try to learn the tuning and such from other mods and try to make small mods of my own! I don't think any of my (working) mods are causing any bugs (I made a few from last year and I'm still using them without updating them and they still work fine) but I guess that's because they don't affect anything big like (EA) traits or buffs or complete autonomy changing (I made one that prevented sims from autonomously cooking single meals when they're hungry because that's annoying especially when the sims don't have a lot of money or have low/none cooking skill). I do have some broken mods that I tried to make, though, but they failed due to me not having enough knowledge about modding, haha.

Covid-19 was a world-changer, definitely. :( And I'm sorry about your job. :( As for me, I wasn't affected much; I'm an introvert so I usually don't go out or have many friends and I wasn't going to school or work and was just trying to write my stories and stuff like that.

I can wait for CathyTea to put my story link to the page; besides, I mostly write for fun! :smile:

oh i'm not laid off . its a restraunt so kind of a exteneded break. i'm also a introvert. i prefer sims to people. i'm shy so this is my happy place.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    That evil Murphy bed nearly ended my story early! If you want to see what happened, here's the latest chapter of my Box of Chocolates story.
    1.15 Near miss
    image.png
  • Options
    Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

welcome @Zora1327

welcome zora. i'm a cohost here. cathtea is the other. sorry i'm a little late trying to get all my mods working before the new pack comes out.

i copy the story links and send them to cathtea. then she posts them when she gets time. sometimes its not that long but with covid shes been busier.

Thanks! :) It's okay if you didn't reply earlier, everyone has things they need to do before the sims 4! (I usually have my own goals that I'm trying to fulfill through writing and normal everyday life as well!)

my mods were acting up because of the patch . i think they work now so technically i was here just in the background. i always preorder the expansions so had to fix it before the release. which usually breaks them again. i try to be here most days cathtea is super busy but my job is on hold cause of covid. i send her stuff like story links so she can add them to the opening page. i wasn't techy when we started this. :)

Haha, I understand broken mods as well! Since I'm a new simmer, I'm just a stranger to modding, so I try to learn the tuning and such from other mods and try to make small mods of my own! I don't think any of my (working) mods are causing any bugs (I made a few from last year and I'm still using them without updating them and they still work fine) but I guess that's because they don't affect anything big like (EA) traits or buffs or complete autonomy changing (I made one that prevented sims from autonomously cooking single meals when they're hungry because that's annoying especially when the sims don't have a lot of money or have low/none cooking skill). I do have some broken mods that I tried to make, though, but they failed due to me not having enough knowledge about modding, haha.

Covid-19 was a world-changer, definitely. :( And I'm sorry about your job. :( As for me, I wasn't affected much; I'm an introvert so I usually don't go out or have many friends and I wasn't going to school or work and was just trying to write my stories and stuff like that.

I can wait for CathyTea to put my story link to the page; besides, I mostly write for fun! :smile:

oh i'm not laid off . its a restraunt so kind of a exteneded break. i'm also a introvert. i prefer sims to people. i'm shy so this is my happy place.

Oh, phew, haha! Glad we're like-minded then! :)
  • Options
    I posted a new chapter of The Child: Ximena-Daria Roseline!
    Here is the link to the new chapter, but here's the direct link:
    Chapter 2: The Hard Start
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Hey :) I've been super busy lately but I managed to get to the point in my legacy where I need some votes on my heir poll. It would be awesome if I could get a few votes :) Thanks! <3
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Good morning everyone (or whatever time it is for you) :) I've got a new chapter of TDC up that can be read here:
    cjqKCZV.png
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @SiliClone
    I've just read the first two chapters of Crossing, I like the creepy tone and your screenshots are beautiful. I'm liking the twist on the established lore too, TS2 was my favourite iteration of the sims series and I've played Pleasantview so many times so I like that you've encorporated that.
    I like how it started with a meet-cute and then got more sinister, also the almost encounters where characters pass each other by are a nice touch. It didn't occur to me that Caleb is not a vampire at the beginning, so that was a cool spin on things!

Do you have a thread? I didn't really find a way to leave a comment through your site :)
  • Options
    In which the littlest spellcaster becomes a toddler!
    Box of Chocolates 1.16 Family
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited October 2020
    Conversation starter:

For those of you in America or Canada (or any other country which normally does Halloween trick or treat)..if you as a child or teen went out trick or treating did you ever touch the candy in the bowls or were it handed out to you?

2nd question
    Which is worse one person who could be sick handing out food, or 10 (or more kids) with sniffles/runny noses digging into a bowl?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @SiliClone
    I've just read the first two chapters of Crossing, I like the creepy tone and your screenshots are beautiful. I'm liking the twist on the established lore too, TS2 was my favourite iteration of the sims series and I've played Pleasantview so many times so I like that you've encorporated that.
    I like how it started with a meet-cute and then got more sinister, also the almost encounters where characters pass each other by are a nice touch. It didn't occur to me that Caleb is not a vampire at the beginning, so that was a cool spin on things!

Do you have a thread? I didn't really find a way to leave a comment through your site :)

Nope I don't have one (sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with a project for Halloween), but I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.
  • Options
    Seems like I remember the adult putting candy in my bag. And a sick person handing that candy they're giving out is probably worse than 10 sniffling kids who aren't touching you.
    image.png
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    A big development for Jeremy in the latest chapter of Sim 66...and it looks like Bianca really can't get over him! What I like about this plotline is that it came from the game itself: When Bianca first met Jeremy she was listed as unemployed. I checked her again recently, she now works at Dewey, Cheathem & Howe with him and she also shows up outside of his house after he's gone to bed....the game is running with a stalker sub-plot and I just put words to the gameplay!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited October 2020
    It really all depends on the situation. 10 kids with sniffles and runny noses reaching into a bowl may be fine if they're following the rules of not touching their noses. But it also has a smaller chance of spreading the germs unless you grab from the bowl right after those ten sick kids. Candy bowls often get refilled more regularly so it's fresh candy and not the same as was just grabbed.

If a sick person is handing out candy they may be following the procedure of washing their hands or having sanitizer if they're risking giving out candy even while sick because they're usually the friendlier people that people know and expect to be at their door giving candy. Often the candy may be in individual baggies as well.

From my experience trick or treating you had a mix of free for all grab and candy handed directly into your bag. And then all candy is checked over by an adult before you can touch it. Checking for razors , holes in the wrappers for potential bad chemicals that kind of thing and you can always wipe down the candy wrappers if you're worried or a parent is worried about sickness.

I've personally never gotten sick from trick or treating xD
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    It really all depends on the situation. 10 kids with sniffles and runny noses reaching into a bowl may be fine if they're following the rules of not touching their noses. But it also has a smaller chance of spreading the germs unless you grab from the bowl right after those ten sick kids. Candy bowls often get refilled more regularly so it's fresh candy and not the same as was just grabbed.

If a sick person is handing out candy they may be following the procedure of washing their hands or having sanitizer if they're risking giving out candy even while sick because they're usually the friendlier people that people know and expect to be at their door giving candy. Often the candy may be in individual baggies as well.

From my experience trick or treating you had a mix of free for all grab and candy handed directly into your bag. And then all candy is checked over by an adult before you can touch it. Checking for razors , holes in the wrappers for potential bad chemicals that kind of thing and you can always wipe down the candy wrappers if you're worried or a parent is worried about sickness.

I've personally never gotten sick from trick or treating xD

i still like my one for you 5 for me system . moms fault she usually bought peanut butter cups :) my fave.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I think I actually knew those were your faves! XD I recall talking about it with you before. Wow. 1 point for my memory!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Hi, I'm back! I'm updating my story now!
    Link to the forum thread comment (looks like something's glitching (for me, anyway), but just remove the url from when the second forums.thesims.com starts), but here's the direct link to the wordpress chapter!
    Chapter 3: The New Path
  • Options
    i had to fix my mods. yes again. one of them over rode a game file so i kept getting LES.
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    1PJZTkO.png
    Hey everyone! For once, I'm actually on schedule to release more than one chapter in a month! :lol:
    Read today's new chapter of Nightshade here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Just wandering thru to say hi <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Lately, my brain has been mush. I don't have any more ideas for more stories, but here is the family tree - Family Tree. For now, my blog will be put on hiatus. I don't know how long the break will be, but I might not return to post more stories on my blog and on some threads.

when i get stuck i just let my sims take over the story. i just watch them and write about it.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @DeafSimmer it's a good idea to take a break and do other things and let inspiration come to you. @friendsfan367 's idea is solid too. I do that sometimes. A 13 generation legacy story is impressive as it is already! Congratulations and good luck! :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    does anyone know how to tell if you;re CPU is old?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer it's a good idea to take a break and do other things and let inspiration come to you. @friendsfan367 's idea is solid too. I do that sometimes. A 13 generation legacy story is impressive as it is already! Congratulations and good luck! :)

hi. i was wondering who tagged me earlier. my mods broke agaain today. so ii missed the post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top