Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    You can always come back to it when you're ready and if that's never I'm sure that fine. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Once again I find myself abandoning a story.....

I'll be honest. This past year i've gone through some really heavy life changes and when I started writing "thirty" i was in a different place than where I am now. Is it bad to just scrap that story and start writing something else?

I just don't want to come across as a flaky writer :(

My longest story was Metro, and even that one I abandoned. I do have a clear vision for the story I want to write, but I don't want to release it until I'm completely finished.

i've started the benders over several times due to glitches i'm not flaky just love my sim family.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hey guys. I have another update of TDC up today, another double update since both of the chapters were fairly short. They can be read here:
    Byi2afl.png
    EmvkFxE.png
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,239 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!
    image.png
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Acarb90 I've abandoned stories only to return to them years later. Sometimes I feel guilty letting them go, but I think it's important to chase the story you want to write. Focus your creative energies there and let go of feeling guilty. This is SimLit. It's supposed to be fun. You can always return later if the mood strikes you.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Acarb90 I've abandoned stories only to return to them years later. Sometimes I feel guilty letting them go, but I think it's important to chase the story you want to write. Focus your creative energies there and let go of feeling guilty. This is SimLit. It's supposed to be fun. You can always return later if the mood strikes you.

i can't abandon the benders. i once started a new story.well twice and ayden broke my bender save. so i only got as far as creating and a little gameplay. and now that wp gives me agravation doing only 1 story at a time.
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I have started Generation 5 of my Drifter Challenge! This time with a view from outside the family.

3.jpg
    https://deiraplayssims.wordpress.com/2020/10/14/dc-rw-005-1/
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,554 Member
    Sim 66 has a new chapter...It's John Action this episode and he has to confront his time in Vietnam. I have a plan to do an actual Vietnam flashback scene at some point...complete with screen grabs. Maybe not from Sims 4 but from a game that has fairly consistent graphics with it.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Sim 66 has a new chapter...It's John Action this episode and he has to confront his time in Vietnam. I have a plan to do an actual Vietnam flashback scene at some point...complete with screen grabs. Maybe not from Sims 4 but from a game that has fairly consistent graphics with it.

Obviously the choice is yours and I think that's a pretty ingenious idea, but for my own purposes I've considered repurposing parts of Selvadorada and Sulani to stand in for the jungles of Vietnam or other rural parts. Though my needs are for the extra-normal lives of my sims' immigrant families.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,239 Member
    New chapter of Life is Random, in which Maleah's mermaid form is finally revealed.
    3.44 Little Mermaid
    image.png
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,554 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Obviously the choice is yours and I think that's a pretty ingenious idea, but for my own purposes I've considered repurposing parts of Selvadorada and Sulani to stand in for the jungles of Vietnam or other rural parts. Though my needs are for the extra-normal lives of my sims' immigrant families.

That's a good idea to use Selvadorada and Sulani for a Vietnam inspired scene; I might just do that in a future chapter...especially one where Action is on leave and befriends some locals...with tragic consequences, of course.

My idea for anything combat related is to use a screen grab from the game, The Movies, which is really old by now but in terms of gameplay it's really good and the graphics, although not totally consistent, would be good enough...especially if I applied some filters to make it look like it takes place in the memory.
  • Options
    MBqp1ZP.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I just added two lines to my chapter and the last line segways into the musical number "I'll be There For You" chapter
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I just added two lines to my chapter and the last line segways into the musical number "I'll be There For You" chapter

are doing a rewrite the chapter sounds famillar?
  • Options

@friendsfan367 well I'm on my 4th attempt of rewriting the Swanson Legacy and I was trying to figure out my computer issues for months so I couldn't re-write past chapter 3.8 which I have finally done so now. Chapter 3.9 chapter is finally out again
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2020

@friendsfan367 well I'm on my 4th attempt of rewriting the Swanson Legacy and I was trying to figure out my computer issues for months so I couldn't re-write past chapter 3.8 which I have finally done so now. Chapter 3.9 chapter is finally out again

cathtea says i hold the award for start overs. game or mod issues do i sympathize . i lost count of the start over count. i know its double digits. good luck.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    I'm spooked out by a video from a youtube channel I follow let's just say it has a lot of 80s movie icons
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I didn't have any nightmares last night
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top