Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Aspiration Challenge :)

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you already noticed it, but I'm working on more than just the aspirations. There's a player challenge where in addition to those you also have to max every skill/career as well as gain any additional reward trait (or just store ones). My Sim has done them all except for ...

Aspirations: Positivity Challenge
    Traits:
    -limited to npcs/pets (no icons/text)
    -never available
    -once available (PC only)
    -temporary (24h max)
    -only available at birth
    -lesser alternatives
    Careers: Style Influencer, Gardener, Military - no reason to do so (she did however gain gold at various social events, bought all 5 trash or treasure objects at the flea market, became senior member in all 6 organizations, won basketball 73 times and bowled a perfect llama in order to unlock various objects)

Which ones can be ignored?

p.s. she effectively reached level 8 in the careers listed above already due to her degrees

I am not quite sure what you mean by which ones can be ignored. I think the style influencer career has some nice cas unlocks. In the military career you can collect medals and display them in the display case from the strangerville pack. If you like those things the careers might be worthwhile.

Did you really win 73 at basketball? It feels like such a high number. Quite an achievement.

I am also planning on doing a few extra things with my sim who will complete all aspirations. These are mainly things I haven't explored yet. I am not planning on doing every skill at the moment, just the ones that seem interesting or underused in my game. This is my to do list.
    - playing and collecting void critters
    - owning a hamster or something similar
    - maxing the wellness skill and using all that a spa has to offer (sauna, massage,... )
    - running a store, possibly a bakery
    - maxing an active career, probably scientist
    - visiting all secret locations without cheating (I've seen some of them in test saves with cheating)
    - do every type of social event at least once
    - carving pumpkins
    - starting a bowling club

What I meant was, does completing all aspirations and gaining every trait include those listed above? And would you consider unlocking bb objects an adequate replacement for maxing careers?

btw, for the basketball task I had her play against her clone until one of them got the trophy

I don't know if there is a list of rules as to what counts and what doesn't. You will have to decide for yourself. Perhaps @mcrudd has found an aspiration challenge with specific rules? I think the main rule is no cheating but other than that I don't know. Strictly speaking your list are not aspirations so I suppose you don't have to do them. But you can if you want to or if you feel they need to be completed. I think after completing all aspirations and all skills with one sim, all careers (or the remaining careers) can be a logical next step to complete a supersim.

I personally understand wanting to include some of those in game elements that are not tied to an aspiration. I started with my sims grandparents to give her some traits that can only be inherited, without cheating. But if your sim is already an adult it makes no sense to go for traits available at birth.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited July 2021
    The thing is, I'm sharing her online and I'm not sure what others expect when I tell them that all traits (and objects) are unlocked. Which exceptions are to be expected, which ones do I have to mention? I don't wanna do false advertising. It would also be nice to know if my Sim can already be considered super.

She might already have reached top level in the aforementioned careers, but there's no proof (in new saves). There's a training dummy and a rug you get when reaching level 8 in the military career as well as a few entry level rewards in the Style Influencer career but that's it. Nothing at all for the Gardener career. CAS unlocks and items (such as the Medal of Courage) don't count as they could come from someone else.
    Post edited by kusurusu on
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Sorry for the late reply, had a few hectic days in real life. I would say it would be a good idea to hashtag all unlocked, I think I have seen a sim like that once, where all the career clothings and buy mode items were unlocked. The person just said they completed all aspirations and jobs so everything is unlocked. Hope this helps you out @kusurusu . Once again sorry for my absence until now.
  • Options
    @mcrudd
    I'm not sure what you mean with "hashtag all unlocked" (#allunlocked?), 20 reward traits (not counting npc ones) and one of the aspirations are missing (for various reasons listed on the previous page). Same thing applies to build buy rewards, most of them (~90%) are unlocked (including all career ones), but some are still greyed out (or again).

I'm here asking about the exceptions and not how to mark her as complete.
  • Options
    @mcrudd
    I'm not sure what you mean with "hashtag all unlocked" (#allunlocked?), 20 reward traits (not counting npc ones) and one of the aspirations are missing (for various reasons listed on the previous page). Same thing applies to build buy rewards, most of them (~90%) are unlocked (including all career ones), but some are still greyed out (or again).

I'm here asking about the exceptions and not how to mark her as complete.

I am not sure, sorry, I have not played that way, I hope someone else can help you
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    @kusurusu I think you should upload your Sim whenever you are satisfied that she's completed as much as possible. List the exceptions in the comments if you think they really matter.
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    @kusurusu I think you should upload your Sim whenever you are satisfied that she's completed as much as possible. List the exceptions in the comments if you think they really matter.

I agree with @Sketch793. If you don't have enough space to list all the exceptions you can always make a thread here on the forums with all the information of your sim and then just link people to the thread, even if it gets closed or is not active the link will remain to refer too. I do hope you manage to do something that will make you happy <3 Sorry if I am not much help to you @kusurusu
  • Options
    Thanks, I've added a few information in her description which should cover the once available and inherited traits.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I'm not sure if you already noticed it, but I'm working on more than just the aspirations. There's a player challenge where in addition to those you also have to max every skill/career as well as gain any additional reward trait (or just store ones). My Sim has done them all except for ...

Aspirations: Positivity Challenge
    Traits:
    -limited to npcs/pets (no icons/text)
    -never available
    -once available (PC only)
    -temporary (24h max)
    -only available at birth
    -lesser alternatives
    Careers: Style Influencer, Gardener, Military - no reason to do so (she did however gain gold at various social events, bought all 5 trash or treasure objects at the flea market, became senior member in all 6 organizations, won basketball 73 times and bowled a perfect llama in order to unlock various objects)

Which ones can be ignored?

p.s. she effectively reached level 8 in the careers listed above already due to her degrees

I am not quite sure what you mean by which ones can be ignored. I think the style influencer career has some nice cas unlocks. In the military career you can collect medals and display them in the display case from the strangerville pack. If you like those things the careers might be worthwhile.

Did you really win 73 at basketball? It feels like such a high number. Quite an achievement.

I am also planning on doing a few extra things with my sim who will complete all aspirations. These are mainly things I haven't explored yet. I am not planning on doing every skill at the moment, just the ones that seem interesting or underused in my game. This is my to do list.
    - playing and collecting void critters
    - owning a hamster or something similar
    - maxing the wellness skill and using all that a spa has to offer (sauna, massage,... )
    - running a store, possibly a bakery
    - maxing an active career, probably scientist
    - visiting all secret locations without cheating (I've seen some of them in test saves with cheating)
    - do every type of social event at least once
    - carving pumpkins
    - starting a bowling club

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm not really interested in cas unlocks or collecting actual objects. Those achievements (as well as owned business and clubs) will be lost again when I store her in the game library.

What I meant was, does completing all aspirations and gaining every trait include those listed above? And would you consider unlocking bb objects an adequate replacement for maxing careers?

btw, for the basketball task I had her play against her clone until one of them got the trophy

I know if you knit the outfits from the knitting pack and add them to the household, the outfits will save to the sim in the library and gallery. I don't know about any other ones though.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I don't need to know what else can be done, I was just asking if it's fair to use the determiner "every" or "all" in her description and if she can be called super (despite some traits and three careers "missing").
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Sorry, I missed the word 'not' in your post. Sometimes I miss read posts. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Callisto is slowly making progress on the aspirations. She only has to max out motor skills and social skills to complete the last two aspirations. All the other milestones are completed. But she has been busy on other things as well. She is on her way to max all character values, currently she has 4 of them in the green and the scout badges are coming along as well.

Iu64Xyk.png

But most importantly she became a big sister
    ta0MfvC.png

She has also made some friends for life. This is a copy of the picture she has in her bedroom in the game.
    pKCrnHl.png

I hope she completes all childhood aspirations before she moves to Henford on Bagley somewhere in the next 2 to 3 weeks (real time)
  • Options
    @Atreya33 Callisto is doing very well, I am sure she will be able to complete her childhood aspirations, you are pretty good with them ;) Your language in your game is very similar to my home language Afrikaans, I can make out some of the words LOL Love your poses, so cool, happy simming <3
  • Options
    I will definitely complete them but compared to you it will be at a glacial pace . ;)

I knew you had family in South Africa but didn't know afrikaans is your home language. Dutch and afrikaans are very similar indeed. I can also understand some of your language.
    I hope your family in South Africa is ok.
  • Options
    I will definitely complete them but compared to you it will be at a glacial pace . ;)

I knew you had family in South Africa but didn't know afrikaans is your home language. Dutch and afrikaans are very similar indeed. I can also understand some of your language.
    I hope your family in South Africa is ok.

They are ok for now, only problem now is getting food, thank fully my mom still has a job for now, they did not burn her work down like they did others. It was very surreal. Funny how we can understand some of each others languages though they are worlds apart :)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    My Sim just won the chicken fair competition and thus completed the new Country Caretaker aspiration
    DgfErUI.png

p.s. I still have to unlock cross-stitch patterns, animal treats and do some errands before I'll upload her
  • Options
    My Sim just won the chicken fair competition and thus completed the new Country Caretaker aspiration
    DgfErUI.png

p.s. I still have to unlock cross-stitch patterns, animal treats and do some errands before I'll upload her

Well done with the aspiration. I don't have the pack yet but look forward to it. Would you say this is an easy aspiration?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Completing aspiration took her one week only (and she didn't have to wait for the next day to participate in the competition - she received her 3rd critter gift just hours before). Hardest part might be finding 5 collectables and there's also the fact that you don't know the quality of your giant crops before you harvest them (healthy has a quality score of 17-50 and you need to reach at least 30.25).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so love your Alien with her chicken @kusurusu. Way too cool. B)
  • Options
    congrats @kusurusu , great pic as well <3
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    My aspiration challenge has slowed down a bit because I got distracted by the new pack. I have played a bit in Henford on Bagley and really enjoy the pack. Callisto won't be moving there yet. I kind of see her story taking her a different direction first.

She completed the last two child aspirations
    D3lWtUe.png

qYPwVWX.png
    Her little brother helped her to get up her social skill while training his own communication skill as well.

tH5STKn.png
    I even sent the two of them on a photoshoot. I like for my sims to hang these photos on the walls in their homes.

7ehmQWI.png
    These are all the traits she has while starting her life as a teen. These are her regular CAS traits, her inherited traits (magic bloodline and sulani mana) and earned traits (top notch toddler, 4 reward traits for childhood aspirations and the scouting aptitude trait) So these traits are her starting point for doing the grown up aspirations.

CUEJdCg.png
    I also aged up her best friends. She currently has this picture of their night out in a frame on her desk. Callisto is third from the left btw.

Since I have played her as a baby, toddler and child I don't just want to skip the teen lifestage. I will have her complete some aspirations before growing up. Currently she has all the character values in the green. I hope I can keep them that way during the next few aspirations.
  • Options
    8 sim weeks later and new recipes are finally unlocked as well - Sona download is now up-to-date again
  • Options
    8 sim weeks later and new recipes are finally unlocked as well - Sona download is now up-to-date again

Well done. I had no idea that cottage living has recipes to unlock. I wish we could get an overview of all the recipes somewhere. So far my sim only unlocked a few recipes but she was able to unlock them as a child. She just had to wait to get old enough to cook them.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    unlocked recipes include not only meals but also cross-stitch patterns, animal treats and drinks btw

edit: this video by onlyabidoang mentions various things my Sim has unlocked with this new pack
    Post edited by kusurusu on
  • Options
    @Atreya33 and @kusurusu you guys are doing great, I also understand how Cottage living keeps a person a bit side tracked LOL. I am trying to balance it and my baby challenge as well, trying to complete my collection rooms, but these collections are a bit more tricky than previous packs ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top