Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Aspiration Challenge :)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Ruby might finish the social aspiration one day. It just feels like it's taking FOREVER haha.

mvI0Tou.jpg
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Well she is making lots of friends while doing it <3
    Put this together for Jules in a word document then took a screenshot (will update as she completes more aspirations!)
    6FAhfBM.png

Right now, she is working on the mixology aspiration, while pregnant, which is kind of funny haha.
    1XiSicP.png

Her daughter Ruby also completed all the kid aspirations too!
    @pemanentrose, wow Jules is doing very well, and yeah I have to giggle at the mixology while pregnant too LOL :D
    @mcrudd Here's a better angle of the baby bump. While she plays with fire :D I didn't mean for her to do this aspiration while she was pregnant, but I have time this month for her to join a different career so I picked culinary since it will help with two aspirations, but for this challenge I have risky woohoo turned on so Jules surprised me by getting pregnant LOL

6S96k1P.png
    @permanentrose Oh my goodness :D
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited July 2021
    So I finally started this aspiration challenge.

Here is the sim who will be completing it, and no I am not talking about the mum. It's the little baby she is holding. Her name is Callisto, or Callie if you will.
    Tpjiouj.png

Now why to start with a baby?
    Because I will be playing this sim for a long time. I don't expect to complete this challenge before the end of year so I took my time to set up everything. I wanted to give her a proper family and history. I also wanted her to have a little head start with a few special inheritable traits, without the use of cheats!
    For this reason I started by playing her grandparents. On her mothers side she inherited the spellcaster bloodline from a spellcaster who has an uncanny resemblance with Morgyn Ember. I wanted her to have a strong bloodline but not an ancient one any children she needs to have for later aspirations still have some improvement in the magical bloodline. Her grandmother on her father's side was a sulani elemental who was brought back to life with ambrosia she was gifted when asking for life at the wishing well. This gives her the sulani mana trait.
    Here is her family tree.
    Z9MckpC.png

Of course I got a little lost in the story when I wanted her parents to get together. I sent both of them to university while they were becoming a couple. This meant they both could already start the parenting skill and now have a steady income while I focus on the childhood of my supersim. I played out their wedding, they got married in Brindleton Bay. Now the family moved to mt. Komorebi.
    These are here parents: Celeste and Regulus.
    IrsoSYs.png

Here she is with her father. She is now an independent toddler, well on her way to complete all the toddler skills to become a top notch toddler. Her parents are also putting a lot of emphasis on learning to say sorry, to the point that she is well on her way for her first character value as well.
    vepgIvw.png
    wjqPioQ.png
    KqFFVYg.png

The first childhood aspiration is ticked off. This aspiration went faster than I thought it would. Callie was able to reach level ten in creativity sooner than I thought she would. She has unlocked the violin skill and is already level 2 on that one. :)
    Now on to the next one. Hopefully I can reach it this week, otherwise it will have to wait until august because I won't be able to play for for a while due to real life situations.
    @Atreya33 how clever to start from tiny little baby <3 Callie looks lovely, I can not wait to read about her adventures. Congratulations on the first aspiration ticked :)
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I'm so doing this as well. I just don't know which sim to use for it. I'm picky.
    I'm so doing this as well. I just don't know which sim to use for it. I'm picky.

Hahahaha I understand, I can be picky sometimes too. Good luck in completing the challenge once you pick your sim :)
    edited July 2021
    mcrudd wrote: »

Hahahaha I understand, I can be picky sometimes too. Good luck in completing the challenge once you pick your sim :)

I also struggled with choosing a sim at first. I almost went with my Sim who already completed the spellcaster and university aspirations. But I wanted to do the child aspirations as well so I went for a sim born in game. Now I just have to hope she still looks nice once she grows up. But in my experience sims grow on me the longer I play with them.
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I downloaded a sim from the gallery and began to work on clearing the aspirations. It's a rather snobby woman, but I loved her look so it's going to be fun.

Photos follow as soon as I get acces to my computer.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I also struggled with choosing a sim at first. I almost went with my Sim who already completed the spellcaster and university aspirations. But I wanted to do the child aspirations as well so I went for a sim born in game. Now I just have to hope she still looks nice once she grows up. But in my experience sims grow on me the longer I play with them.

I also grow on my sims now that I am doing the 100 baby challenge, I am so picky with looks when making sims, I know its not right but hey I am only human LOL. But now its like yeah you look great with the tiny little eyes and huge nose, it grows on you as you said hahahaha

I downloaded a sim from the gallery and began to work on clearing the aspirations. It's a rather snobby woman, but I loved her look so it's going to be fun.

Photos follow as soon as I get acces to my computer.

yay, glad you got a sim, can't wait to see your gameplay soon :)
    edited July 2021
    Callisto managed to complete the second aspiration. She is still wearing her mt. Komorebi school uniform while completing this one.
    Hi1BAh4.png

I am really enjoying this challenge so far. I have never before used the child chemistry set for example. I am planning on using more features I have never used before. I think I might have her collect a few void critters as well, another feature I never played.
    I also created my own chart to keep track of the aspirations. They are not set in order but grouped by aspiration type (for practicality the child aspirations are grouped together). I prefer to have an oversight this way. I have not yet decided what order to do them. I will probably look up your chart @mcrudd a few times for inspiration.
    sNE9ovt.jpg
    edited July 2021
    @Atreya33 Well done to Callisto. I chopped and changed the order I played around a lot, its so hard, but one I definitely recommend looking at is too make sure you have the mixology before the cooking one because you need to take the correct branch the first time round so that you can complete both aspirations. I think next time round I will start with a baby like you :) Just busy with that 100 baby challenge now, done a quarter now hahahaha
    @Atreya33 Well done to Callisto. I chopped and changed the order I played around a lot, its so hard, but one I definitely recommend looking at is too make sure you have the mixology before the cooking one because you need to take the correct branch the first time round so that you can complete both aspirations. I think next time round I will start with a baby like you :) Just busy with that 100 baby challenge now, done a quarter now hahahaha

I can't believe how fast you are going through the 100 babies. While I really enjoy the aspirations I don't think I would have the patience to raise 100 babies. Lol.
    Thanks for the tip about doing mixology first.
    @Atreya33 hahaha I am in sort of a routine now and with parenting skill maxed, Kristine is a natural mother, in the beginning it was chaos, passed out sims everywhere and lots of bladder failures LOL
    @Atreya33 hahaha I am in sort of a routine now and with parenting skill maxed, Kristine is a natural mother, in the beginning it was chaos, passed out sims everywhere and lots of bladder failures LOL

I suppose you need a routine to take care of so many kids. Just as in real life (though it will never be sooo many children in real life). Do the older siblings help out with taking care of the young ones?
    I suppose you need a routine to take care of so many kids. Just as in real life (though it will never be sooo many children in real life). Do the older siblings help out with taking care of the young ones?

Sometimes with the attention and sometimes teens will give them a bath, otherwise toddlers can basically care for themselves once potty trained LOL

Sometimes with the attention and sometimes teens will give them a bath, otherwise toddlers can basically care for themselves once potty trained LOL

The independent trait really helps with the potty. But you probably already figured that out with so many toddlers.

The independent trait really helps with the potty. But you probably already figured that out with so many toddlers.

Hahahaha that one gets used soooooo much, more than the others :D
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    I'm not sure if you already noticed it, but I'm working on more than just the aspirations. There's a player challenge where in addition to those you also have to max every skill/career as well as gain any additional reward trait (or just store ones). My Sim has done them all except for ...

Aspirations: Positivity Challenge
    Traits:
    -limited to npcs/pets (no icons/text)
    -never available
    -once available (PC only)
    -temporary (24h max)
    -only available at birth
    -lesser alternatives
    Careers: Style Influencer, Gardener, Military - no reason to do so (she did however gain gold at various social events, bought all 5 trash or treasure objects at the flea market, became senior member in all 6 organizations, won basketball 73 times and bowled a perfect llama in order to unlock various objects)

Which ones can be ignored?

p.s. she effectively reached level 8 in the careers listed above already due to her degrees
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
    edited July 2021
    kusurusu wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you already noticed it, but I'm working on more than just the aspirations. There's a player challenge where in addition to those you also have to max every skill/career as well as gain any additional reward trait (or just store ones). My Sim has done them all except for ...

Traits:
    -never available
    -temporary (24h max)
    -only available at birth
    -lesser alternatives
    Careers: Style Influencer, Gardener, Military - no reason to do so (she did however gain gold at various social events, bought all 5 trash or treasure objects at the flea market, became senior member in all 6 organizations, won basketball 73 times and bowled a perfect llama in order to unlock various objects)

p.s. she effectively reached level 8 in the careers listed above already due to her degrees

I am not quite sure what you mean by which ones can be ignored. I think the style influencer career has some nice cas unlocks. In the military career you can collect medals and display them in the display case from the strangerville pack. If you like those things the careers might be worthwhile.

Did you really win 73 at basketball? It feels like such a high number. Quite an achievement.

I am also planning on doing a few extra things with my sim who will complete all aspirations. These are mainly things I haven't explored yet. I am not planning on doing every skill at the moment, just the ones that seem interesting or underused in my game. This is my to do list.
    - playing and collecting void critters
    - owning a hamster or something similar
    - maxing the wellness skill and using all that a spa has to offer (sauna, massage,... )
    - running a store, possibly a bakery
    - maxing an active career, probably scientist
    - visiting all secret locations without cheating (I've seen some of them in test saves with cheating)
    - do every type of social event at least once
    - carving pumpkins
    - starting a bowling club
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited July 2021
    kusurusu wrote: »

Traits:
    -never available
    -temporary (24h max)
    -only available at birth
    -lesser alternatives

I am not quite sure what you mean by which ones can be ignored. I think the style influencer career has some nice cas unlocks. In the military career you can collect medals and display them in the display case from the strangerville pack. If you like those things the careers might be worthwhile.

Did you really win 73 at basketball? It feels like such a high number. Quite an achievement.

I am also planning on doing a few extra things with my sim who will complete all aspirations. These are mainly things I haven't explored yet. I am not planning on doing every skill at the moment, just the ones that seem interesting or underused in my game. This is my to do list.
    - playing and collecting void critters
    - owning a hamster or something similar
    - maxing the wellness skill and using all that a spa has to offer (sauna, massage,... )
    - running a store, possibly a bakery
    - maxing an active career, probably scientist
    - visiting all secret locations without cheating (I've seen some of them in test saves with cheating)
    - do every type of social event at least once
    - carving pumpkins
    - starting a bowling club

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm not really interested in cas unlocks or collecting actual objects. Those achievements (as well as owned business and clubs) will be lost again when I store her in the game library.

What I meant was, does completing all aspirations and gaining every trait include those listed above? And would you consider unlocking bb objects an adequate replacement for maxing careers?

btw, for the basketball task I had her play against her clone until one of them got the trophy
    Post edited by kusurusu on
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top