Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims 4 Only Have Four Expansions Total?

Comments

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Today i wrote very intersting theory here http://ts4news.com/ about expansions. And I note this theory has a right to exist because all the sims series lasted for four-five years. The Sims 4 is two years now and we have only 2 expansions! And i think maybe this is truth that the game packs and stuff packs and free patches make up for the lack of expansions? Remember that we have never had game packs and so frequent stuff packs in neither the sims 2 nor in the sims3! But we had stable expansions. What do you think, simmers?

We may end up with only four expansions but at least we will end up with #187 stuff packs which includes The Sims 4: He's Not The Father, The Sims 4: Seriously He's Not The Father, and a sequel to the latter The Sims 4: You can''t make babies from Play-dough you clown so he's definitely not the father!
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    4 expansions total? if we're lucky. the less damage that the current camarilla does to the franchise the better. i just hope so much damage hasn't already been done that it can't rebound.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    We'll probably get more than 4 EPs in the lifespan of the game. They could have periods where they decided to work on SPs and GPs more, and then the next period could be almost entirely devoted to working on EPs for the future.

But if what people want is for the BG to be fixed before any more packs come out, I guess that they should completely halt any packs their working on and devote all of it to the BG, since the packs are absolutely useless for anyone if the BG isn't good enough. Because bugs keep getting introduced in packs and break the game, because it's not like packs have done that before a lot of times before TS4. So just shut down any DLC operations and get to work on just making mega-patches for the rest of this game, with DLC being a no-go until the BG is entirely fixed to the "perfect" standards that everybody will absolutely agree on and have no problems about. Yeah, realistic standards and expectations.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Even though my expectations are super low, deep down I'm still hoping there is a reason for them to be taking so long to release EP03, and that next year we'll start getting EPs every 6 months or so again. If they are truly putting EPs at the bottom of their priorities list, then I don't see this game ever being a satisfying experience to me like the previous ones were. There is still so much missing and if they release only one EP a year from now on, there's no way TS4 will feel like a full game by the time it reaches its end. Unless they plan to keep it alive for more than 5 years that is.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    We'll probably get more than 4 EPs in the lifespan of the game. They could have periods where they decided to work on SPs and GPs more, and then the next period could be almost entirely devoted to working on EPs for the future.

But if what people want is for the BG to be fixed before any more packs come out, I guess that they should completely halt any packs their working on and devote all of it to the BG, since the packs are absolutely useless for anyone if the BG isn't good enough. Because bugs keep getting introduced in packs and break the game, because it's not like packs have done that before a lot of times before TS4. So just shut down any DLC operations and get to work on just making mega-patches for the rest of this game, with DLC being a no-go until the BG is entirely fixed to the "perfect" standards that everybody will absolutely agree on and have no problems about. Yeah, realistic standards and expectations.

From what we've been told there are separate teams for EP's, GP's, SP's and 'engagement features' (free content). It stands to reason that each team should be able to accomplish their own projects without halting another team or their progress. At most I would assume resources could be shared between teams, but that should never affect production, if so that means they are understaffed.
  • Options
    joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @jackjack_k Not bothering because im right yeah and don't try to degrade me it's plain rude, And the sims 2 had more gameplay it doesn't matter if it has less items your being ridiculous you'd rather has a load of items but no gameplay? It's people like you who make ea think its alright to behave in this way.

You aren't right.

So you'd rather pay $20 for 40 - 60 non-gameplay items, than $20 for 150 - 200 objects with at least 10 Gameplay items, and Gameplay.
    That is what you have said.

So you're saying as long as EA deliver a nice base, you're then happy for them to rip you off the rest of the campaign.

That is literally your argument.

OMG Why do you have to defend EVERYTHING about this game?

Look, I love The Sims 4, I REALLY love it. I stopped playing The Sims 3 in early 2011, I did not even think there would be a fourth game because I was so disappointed that I don't even care to read the news about The Sims. But I was surprised to see the Teaser Trailer in 2013, and now I'm addicted to this game!

But I'm not blind, I know this game needs more gameplay and other aspects that make The Sims 2 the best game in the series. Telling the truth sometimes doesn't make you a bad fan, but allows developers to improve the game :).
    SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
    ♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
    ♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2016
    That person again complaining the game isn't up to his standards? What is his standards? I mean I realize everyone wants toddlers and the EP haven't been the best so far but they still add things to the game. The game is good and gets better with all the content added to it things like toddlers for me personally isn't really going to be a huge game changer in my honest opinion. This is the newest video of his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcaxElIP4p4
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    That person again complaining the game isn't up to his standards? What is his standards? I mean I realize everyone wants toddlers and the EP haven't been the best so far but they still add things to the game. The game is good and gets better with all the content added to it things like toddlers for me personally isn't really going to be a huge game changer in my honest opinion. This is the newest video of his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcaxElIP4p4

Thanks for posting that. Hadn't seen it yet. I happen to agree. To me the base game should be a stand alone and packs should just be things to enhance what the game already has. They shouldn't be just for adding stuff to do because of an empty base.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Maybe... the question is- How many Stuff packs will they make?

My Opinion Rulez! -me. :lol:

So, @SimGuruDrake -any word? Can you say: How many are planned? ... :cookie:LoveSims_zpsxccodest.png

WhaPop_zps4jinudl0.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,800 Member
    @pepperjax1230 , to whom are you referring? The person above you or the guy in the video you supplied? I happen to fully agree with the guy in the video. I have played the Sims, since 2005 beginning my "gaming" experience with the Sims2. I also made the transition to Sims3, based on the perks EA said it had. I also waited for every EP hoping and praying interactions that were "missing", yet essential to my enjoyment, to be returned. Guess what, they never were. :open_mouth: I would have been happy to have them added with a new twist to them, such as the twist on reading to the children and the fact our Sims could read to the toddler in their crib. I loved the fact that toddler was sitting next to the reader instead of across from them AND being able to help turn the page. So sweet. That was a wonderful improvement upon what once was. As for other interactions I completely missed, they never returned. They did give us a Nursery Set from the Store which allowed us to bathe both babies and toddlers, but it just wasn't up to the interactions from Sims2, nor was it an improvement. I bought it in all hope that interaction could be ticked off of my list of needs.

This Simmer ended up with a love/hate relationship with Sims3, as a result. Now, Sims4 has removed a life stage altogether, and many are grousing over the too subtle differences between teens/YAs and Adults. I can't blame them. While I don't, personally, have a problem with the teens being as tall as they are (I have two sons in RL and they shot up quickly), at least we don't have what appear to be 13 year olds driving cars! But they need more of a distinction. Teens are NOT YAs, and YAs for the most part are NOT teens. I was in my last year as a teen when I got married. Huge difference from the me I was two years prior.

I'm teetering on the edge of leaving this game when I really thought EA had given us back our Sims. (That was the 'hook' for me.) The way the Sims were in Sims3, so far different from how lively and FUN they were in Sims2, that alone isn't enough anymore. I was resigned to not purchasing ANYTHING else beyond the base game, unless I saw something in it that it would be well worth it. I liked how lively the Sims were in the game. I fell for the trap, yet again. I have everything to date. Now, I'm seriously considering playing just Sims2 & 3. I know it will be hard going backward, missing the CAS, the look of the Sims themselves, and the build mode of this game and the other perks it offers, but, in time, I'll get over it, I'm sure.

Unless or until EA fixes Sims4.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

So, @SimGuruDrake -any word? Can you say: How many are planned? ... :cookie:LoveSims_zpsxccodest.png

WhaPop_zps4jinudl0.png

Until they don't make sense any more.

RF: You know what, all I have to say is that The Sims 3 lasted for five years of content and still has lots and lots of fans. We have been improving and growing and building on The Sims 4 month after month after launch, and we will continue to do that until it doesn’t make sense.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/#ixzz4GlJ8HKkt
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    4 expansions total? if we're lucky. the less damage that the current camarilla does to the franchise the better. i just hope so much damage hasn't already been done that it can't rebound.

Interesting points, but what is a camarilla?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

WhaPop_zps4jinudl0.png

Until they don't make sense any more.

RF: You know what, all I have to say is that The Sims 3 lasted for five years of content and still has lots and lots of fans. We have been improving and growing and building on The Sims 4 month after month after launch, and we will continue to do that until it doesn’t make sense.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/#ixzz4GlJ8HKkt

Well the bit about TS3 having a lot of fans makes sense, just take a look at the TS3 GD? That black is so busy it needs traffic lights! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Let Google be your friend :D
    A camarilla is a group of courtiers or favourites who surround a king or ruler. Usually, they do not hold any office or have any official authority at court but influence their ruler behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member

In literary terms, like the king's comrades who tend to influence him...So I'm not super sure what he means here. Probably he meant as in like EA's influence.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @pepperjax1230 , to whom are you referring? The person above you or the guy in the video you supplied? I happen to fully agree with the guy in the video. I have played the Sims, since 2005 beginning my "gaming" experience with the Sims2. I also made the transition to Sims3, based on the perks EA said it had. I also waited for every EP hoping and praying interactions that were "missing", yet essential to my enjoyment, to be returned. Guess what, they never were. :open_mouth: I would have been happy to have them added with a new twist to them, such as the twist on reading to the children and the fact our Sims could read to the toddler in their crib. I loved the fact that toddler was sitting next to the reader instead of across from them AND being able to help turn the page. So sweet. That was a wonderful improvement upon what once was. As for other interactions I completely missed, they never returned. They did give us a Nursery Set from the Store which allowed us to bathe both babies and toddlers, but it just wasn't up to the interactions from Sims2, nor was it an improvement. I bought it in all hope that interaction could be ticked off of my list of needs.

This Simmer ended up with a love/hate relationship with Sims3, as a result. Now, Sims4 has removed a life stage altogether, and many are grousing over the too subtle differences between teens/YAs and Adults. I can't blame them. While I don't, personally, have a problem with the teens being as tall as they are (I have two sons in RL and they shot up quickly), at least we don't have what appear to be 13 year olds driving cars! But they need more of a distinction. Teens are NOT YAs, and YAs for the most part are NOT teens. I was in my last year as a teen when I got married. Huge difference from the me I was two years prior.

I'm teetering on the edge of leaving this game when I really thought EA had given us back our Sims. (That was the 'hook' for me.) The way the Sims were in Sims3, so far different from how lively and FUN they were in Sims2, that alone isn't enough anymore. I was resigned to not purchasing ANYTHING else beyond the base game, unless I saw something in it that it would be well worth it. I liked how lively the Sims were in the game. I fell for the trap, yet again. I have everything to date. Now, I'm seriously considering playing just Sims2 & 3. I know it will be hard going backward, missing the CAS, the look of the Sims themselves, and the build mode of this game and the other perks it offers, but, in time, I'll get over it, I'm sure.

The person is referring to the website and I am just commenting on the video on that website. I have been playing the sims since 2003 when it was still the sims 1 and I have never expected anything for any of the new games. The base game shouldn't be a stand alone game it has far to little to do to even be that. Besides we have GP now to and we never had GP so really in all honesty we should not be getting the same amount of EP like in previous games. I mean we should get a good amount but we also have like mini EP with GP so I don't know here he is going with that.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

A camarilla is a group of courtiers or favourites who surround a king or ruler. Usually, they do not hold any office or have any official authority at court but influence their ruler behind the scenes.

Ah, yes, but I just did an internet search and all I got for my efforts was it's a city in Ventura County, CA (which I already knew being from CA originally) or that is was a Spanish or Cuban dish. Than you, so very much for the definition, as it was meant in the reference. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Ah, yes, but I just did an internet search and all I got for my efforts was it's a city in Ventura County, CA (which I already knew being from CA originally) or that is was a Spanish or Cuban dish. Than you, so very much for the definition, as it was meant in the reference. :)

OMG I'm like so :lol: right now

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

OMG I'm like so :lol: right now

--T

I LOVE your siggie! My youngest son has that on a T-shirt. LOL ;)
  • Options

The person is referring to the website and I am just commenting on the video on that website. I have been playing the sims since 2003 when it was still the sims 1 and I have never expected anything for any of the new games. The base game shouldn't be a stand alone game it has far to little to do to even be that. Besides we have GP now to and we never had GP so really in all honesty we should not be getting the same amount of EP like in previous games. I mean we should get a good amount but we also have like mini EP with GP so I don't know here he is going with that.

That was the point of the video. A lot of games have enough to do that they don't need new packs. The packs should be available for when you want to add something different....not need to be there to add stuff because the base is empty and has little to do.

I played the S2 base for months without wanting extra content. I was able to play S3 for quite some time before wanting new content (and neither of these had all the content he was talking about).

I played TS4 for an afternoon on the day it was released and I needed extra content then.
  • Options

:D I just Googled the word and that definition was at the top of the first page.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    well the original poster is worng the more we get the better and do answer this with the old games did you get monkey bars or a sp with extra stuff to make kids bedrooms and me from my point of view the more expansionpacks stuffpacks and gamepacks are made the more fun the sims4 becomes makes me wonder what fun stuff the third expansionpack of the sims4 will give us i hope its pets then seasons will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options

That was the point of the video. A lot of games have enough to do that they don't need new packs. The packs should be available for when you want to add something different....not need to be there to add stuff because the base is empty and has little to do.

I played the S2 base for months without wanting extra content. I was able to play S3 for quite some time before wanting new content (and neither of these had all the content he was talking about).

I played TS4 for an afternoon on the day it was released and I needed extra content then.
    A stand alone game to me is a spin off of the game and it can just stand alone without getting more because it has the content. I don't see Sims 4 as a stand alone game because they take things out of the game to add later in other forms of content EP,SP or GP. Having said that I don't see where it is written we should have 4 EP by the time Sims 4 is 2 years old. We have GP which is basically one themed mini EP's. So if we have less EP you aren't seeing the GP are filling that void to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

:D I just Googled the word and that definition was at the top of the first page.

Well, there, you see, that was my problem I don't Google. I hate Google. They spy on us and collect our information to sell. Or weren't you aware of this?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016

Well, there, you see, that was my problem I don't Google. I hate Google. They spy on us and collect our information to sell. Or weren't you aware of this?

Apple does that too, and so does Microsoft and Facebook.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1