Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims 4 Only Have Four Expansions Total?

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,448 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    No.

Rachel said they aren't following the normal release schedule and instead will make packs "until it doesn't make sense anymore".

So they will make packs until they run out of ideas, or the ones they come up with no longer make sense for the game and are better off for a new game. So there's plenty of pack ideas that can fit into The Sims 4.

The typical "4-5 year schedule" isn't applying to The Sims 4 according to Rachel.

And seeing as she's head of Maxis now, there's even more weight to her statement.

I lost respect for Rachel. If shes truly in charge of it all shes really nessed up and I believe she owes us all an apology and an explanation

Why did you lose respect for the woman who has started turning The Sims 4 around, once she got in charge.

Your joking right?

Um, did the quality of the Sims 4 not go up when she became head of Maxis, in Sep 2015?
    Pretty sure once Devs were allowed to take their time with the packs, they have been much better. Which only started when she became head of Maxis.

That's all subjective. I for example think; the quality of packs is still plum comparing it to previous games. But again; that's all personal. Some people may think they are getting better, but not me.
    In my opinion Kids Stuff and Backyard were better than any SP in TS3. And though GT was somewhat tiny, we at least had no unplayable pack like Island Paradise.

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Honestly they're all just saying whatever keeps them from talking about the behind the scenes stuff. So in, any fashion format that works for them - they're telling us this that and the other thing about the game. I think that's what really has simmers frustrated. In Sims 2 most of the time you knew what was coming next when you got the newest release (be it SP or EP) Sims 3 was so heavily marketed you never were out of the loop.

I just think major changes occurred in the Sims 4 studio once Rachel was moved into head of overall Maxis, and not "The Sims 4 Studio" if that makes sense. I think they will catch up. This year might only be one EP, but I'm sure it will go back. They don't wanna say too much because I feel they all had massive shifts in focus. You guys, honestly, no one in their right mind would believe that it took 11 months to great "Dine Out". lol It's awesome, but you can't even do the employee jobs yourself. So, clearly something big changed in the direction of the game behind the scenes. I think their focus is bring back what everyone "thinks" is missing... first... because the new ideas they're trying to do aren't getting much love because everyone is still looking for toddlers, cars, NPC's, and other little features... like a door bell? WHAT? LOL

I never realized how much was left out of the base game.

It's crazy it's been two years and we only have 2 EP's for this game. We should be looking forward to EP4 by now. Things might pick up pace this next season.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited August 2016

-snip-

IMO, best EP that Maxis ever made. Ever.

EDIT: Wow. People said a lot of stuff while I was writing that.
    Re. noninteractive objects: those are important to a lot of players. They're how we differentiate one lot from another, express a homeowner's personality, make one restaurant feel like a different experience from another (which we can also do with the enormously customizable menus and uniforms - a particular kind of depth that's new to restaurants in this game).

Disagree on GT being the best, I find it the worst. Came with barely any content, and the clubs absolutely do not work as well as you claim.

Clutter has no impact on the game besides visual stimulation for YOU. There is no gameplay. To your sims what clutter you use makes no difference. I see little chatter about how much clutter matters to players so your italicized "lot" is extremely dramatic and unsubstantiated. Haven't you hopped on other posters for generalizing large groups without evidence? Do as I say not as I do eh??

Sometimes I feel like we don't read the same forums, or that I'm the only one also reading other sites. Yes, a "lot", especially if you include chatter about CC clutter - players who are looking for more clutter than the game has provided so far. Requests for CASt also suggest that people want more stuff, and they want more variety in what it appears. I didn't say "most" or "all"; this is an observation, not a generalization.

Not sure how it could be that the clubs don't work the way I say they do. I'm describing what they actually do in my own saves. They are doing these things. I didn't make that up.

The difference clutter makes in making one lot feel different from another is a kind of "doing" for some of us. We aren't all playing for only the action. This isn't an RPG.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I do like my clutter a lot but I want more gameplay :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Not interested in any theories, sorry!
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    Let's be honest here, Dine Out is amazing, seriously, if the rest of the Game Packs are of the same quality of Dine Out I am happy.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    We will probably get seven, along with game packs.
    The original Sims game had seven--back to our roots and all that.
    I need nine though:

Get To Work
    Get Together
    Generations
    Seasons
    University
    Supernatural
    Metropolis/Town Life
    Farm Life
    Pets

At this pace, TS4 would have to go on for six years.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I got bored of Dine out really quickly I think it's overrated.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    Sometimes I feel like we don't read the same forums, or that I'm the only one also reading other sites. Yes, a "lot", especially if you include chatter about CC clutter - players who are looking for more clutter than the game has provided so far. Requests for CASt also suggest that people want more stuff, and they want more variety in what it appears. I didn't say "most" or "all"; this is an observation, not a generalization.

Not sure how it could be that the clubs don't work the way I say they do. I'm describing what they actually do in my own saves. They are doing these things. I didn't make that up.

The difference clutter makes in making one lot feel different from another is a kind of "doing" for some of us. We aren't all playing for only the action. This isn't an RPG.

Hmm, yes, I like clutter, but thing is, there's a lot of clutter CC out there, for free, and they are easy for CC makers to do anyway since they are just small objects with no gameplay, it's not something I care about in Packs because I can easily get them elsewhere.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't play with CC or mods so I want more clutter.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    If this is true, I find it upsetting.

Sims 4 definitely feels a lot slower about getting substantial content, even with the addition of game packs. The long waits between expansions and GP's is excruciating when you enjoy the game and want to play it but find you've hit a wall with what there is to do in it for the moment.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I like Dine out! I love going out to the restaurant and spend birthdays or other events there. I also like using the club system and I do believe it will get better the more packs we get. On the other hand, GT could have been better. I wish that sims would actually have real rivalries (like in Sims 2 where a relationship would be red for a certain amount and sims autonomously did mean things). I do believe the packs have gotten better and better. Kids room was a really great pack to me...but it was a stuff pack, so it's unfair to compare it to anything else. It offered two great gameplay items. Especially the voidcritters are super fun as kids try to find them and battle.

However, it's just not an EP and I just miss some like Supernatural/Making Magic, University etc.

I hope some of the features from Sims 2 will return as there was some great things in it. (Wasn't a fan of Sims 3).
  • Options
    If this is true, I find it upsetting.
    It's not true. Please don't listen to anyone's speculation or view it as fact.

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited August 2016
    8 months since their last expansion. I'm just saying. Their last 2 expansions were really not that great. Dine out, a small addition was thus far their best addition to Sims 4.

This game is lacking because they rushed to finish it. They cut content so they could sell it for more money later. In Sims 4 they cut all the things that made the previous games successful.

Sims 2: family play was cut.
    Sims 3: Open world, CASt.

Sims 4's selling point is "emotions". But I'm sorry, its overhyped and overdone. Sims 2 sims had emotions, they weren't too much nor too little. Sims 3 had emotions but they were TOO subtle.

In Sims 4, your sim could be suffering from sadness but they're happy about it. They have a fire in their house, they're stressed but happy. Oh and lets be honest, they haven't been putting enough work into the games anymore. The past two iterations consists of actions and animations that come from Sims 2.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't play with CC or mods so I want more clutter.

I use mods for gameplay tweaking, but I watch too many people doing the CC weed to bother, and it's time consuming to hunt it all down. I prefer Maxis stuff too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited August 2016
    @jackjack_k
    You're saying a Sims 2 stuff pack (that has 40 - 60 items for $20) is better value than a GamePack that has 150 - 200 items, with more gameplay.
    You're saying a $20 store set with the bare minimum gameplay and like 20 items, is better value than a GamePack of the same theme, that has 150+ items and more gameplay.

I have something to say on that. While Sims 4 may have more items in the stuffpacks, they are of relatively much lower quality (minus new gameplay ones). When I say quality, they often have very flat textures and ridiculously low poly meshes. The level of detail available in Sims 2 is so much higher. The wood is not shiny in sims 2 and not flat as it is in Sims 4. Spheres tend to look more rounder and less edgy in Sims 2. I am disappointed with these designs... Though I'm with ya on the store set. Not as good as Dine Out; I love that pack.
    Post edited by Icy_Lava on
  • Options
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    @jackjack_k
    You're saying a Sims 2 stuff pack (that has 40 - 60 items for $20) is better value than a GamePack that has 150 - 200 items, with more gameplay.
    You're saying a $20 store set with the bare minimum gameplay and like 20 items, is better value than a GamePack of the same theme, that has 150+ items and more gameplay.

I have something to say on that. While Sims 4 may have more items in the stuffpacks, they are of relatively much lower quality (minus new gameplay ones). When I say quality, they often have very flat textures and ridiculously low poly meshes. The level of detail available in Sims 2 is so much higher. The wood is not shiny in sims 2 and not flat as it is in Sims 4. Spheres tend to look moe rounder and less edgy than they do in Sims 2. I am disappointed with these designs... Though I'm with ya on the store set. Not as good as Dine Out; I love that pack.

Quality over quantity
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    SPs have kinda disappointed me because of how many of them are mostly clutter when we're seriously lacking in beds, flooring, wallpaper, fireplaces, showers, etc. Plus they usually only come with one whole matching set of something.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    It could be possible yes, due to game packs.

I view game packs as, more or less, half an EP. Nice features, new things added that alone don't really make up anywhere near an EP, but that doesn't mesh with another GP to where it could be like an EP.

Spa Day, is probably my favorite GP. I just love the whole lot of it. It is very well done.
    Dine Out is 2nd. It would probably be first if we could have family restaurants, our own sims as chefs, waiters.
    Outdoor Retreat is last. If they could have done more group activites ( like group hiking ), it would have been better.

Each one of those three are great as stand alone. They don't mesh well with each other.

I am more interested to see what they will do in regards to past EP's, if they will be GP's for Sims4.
    Weather, pets, university, generations .... will they be EP's or GP's?

Weather, I would say EP ... four seasons, different animations/activities associated with each.
    Pets, I would say EP.
    University, GP.
    Generations ... ?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    @jackjack_k

I have something to say on that. While Sims 4 may have more items in the stuffpacks, they are of relatively much lower quality (minus new gameplay ones). When I say quality, they often have very flat textures and ridiculously low poly meshes. The level of detail available in Sims 2 is so much higher. The wood is not shiny in sims 2 and not flat as it is in Sims 4. Spheres tend to look moe rounder and less edgy than they do in Sims 2. I am disappointed with these designs... Though I'm with ya on the store set. Not as good as Dine Out; I love that pack.

Um that's true of the game OVERALL though, items look lower quality in 4 than 2/3. It's not like items are lower quality in SPs than the TS4 base game or EPs/GPs, so that isn't really a valid argument to use against SPs.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I think my least favorite add was GTW. Theres so much they could of added to it. I mainly play the doctor career and its bugd me so much thay my sim is pretty much doing everything! running the whole hospital while the others are lollygagging. I wish the NPC's would at least check someone into a bed or test the patient they are conversating withs ears, eyes etc. The most ive seen is an orderly making ine or two beds and mopping a puddle and if im an intern the doctor diagnosing. There could have been so much more. And i aree with Outdoor retreat thats down with GTW. Theres so much potential with both but they fell short to me.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".