Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims 4 Only Have Four Expansions Total?

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    It's kinda sad. So much left to the unknown, so little communication, and so many basic missing features that have yet to be addressed. It's a perfect storm of negativity for the game. I want to have confidence that many of the issues that stress players out, but I'm just not sure...

Sometimes it feels like there is no direction...

Thats one of the main reasons why they get so much heat. The sudden secrecy is upsetting people. Not only that but the questions asked are never answered directly its like The Riddler is in charge of the sims now lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @jackjack_k Not bothering because im right yeah and don't try to degrade me it's plain rude, And the sims 2 had more gameplay it doesn't matter if it has less items your being ridiculous you'd rather has a load of items but no gameplay? It's people like you who make ea think its alright to behave in this way.

You aren't right.

So you'd rather pay $20 for 40 - 60 non-gameplay items, than $20 for 150 - 200 objects with at least 10 Gameplay items, and Gameplay.
    That is what you have said.

So you're saying as long as EA deliver a nice base, you're then happy for them to rip you off the rest of the campaign.

That is literally your argument.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    i'm not even gonna try to be honest it's like try to talk to a brick wall and i'm not tolerating being spoken to in that manner, so have a good day :smile:

You started it boo. I played nice until you started the sassy gifs.

If you can't take the heat, leave the kitchen.

giphy.gif

At the end of the day, you admitted you are happy to be ripped off and pay more for less content, as long as the base game is good.

I think that says it all.

tumblr_mcko4gvXV71qedt22o1_250.gif
  • Options
    @ravamaile wrote: »
    What kind of depth Dine Out has? We cannot hire our own sims (we can by deleting townies, but cannot play with them anymore), objects are just decorative (those signs - detached ones and combined ones, the same objects). I was so disappointed by this pack, too bad that it is impossible to return DLCs in Origin.

So, the sims 5 will be a mobile game. The sims 5 freeplay (like sims freeplay, just even more simple). Complexity is their enemy, do not forget it

More depth than the Bistro set that was $20 as well.

People have to remember, you had to pay $80 to run a Restaurant in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k. Better were getting more content for what? A base game that was messed up? More content doesnt make a better game. Ts2 may have had less content comparably to Ts4 but the game play was amazing! There were many features that made the game really yours. I am a family player and love family play in ts2 and ts3. Ts4 lost that to me. I find myself trying to tell every sims individual story but they all end up being too much of the same.

There is a reason why you don't see much of The Sims 2 anymore.
    They put heaps of effort in, but at the end of the day, very small output.

It's very easy to do everything there is to do in The Sims 2, in a small amount of time. Which is why even when The Sims 3 was still rather new, very few people posted about it.

Only hardcore fans of 2. Whereas most Sims fans play 3 and 4.

I love The Sims 2, but there's nothing new anymore. You can do everything a pack has to offer over a weekend.
    The packs were great, but once you've been downtown, run a business, had some pets, gone on vacation, lived in an apartment, experienced weather and picked a hobby, the gameplay in The Sims 2 starts getting repetitive.

Which is why most people play a Legacy or a challenge in The Sims 2 nowaday. Gives you a reason to play.
  • Options

-snip-

IMO, best EP that Maxis ever made. Ever.

EDIT: Wow. People said a lot of stuff while I was writing that.
    Re. noninteractive objects: those are important to a lot of players. They're how we differentiate one lot from another, express a homeowner's personality, make one restaurant feel like a different experience from another (which we can also do with the enormously customizable menus and uniforms - a particular kind of depth that's new to restaurants in this game).

Disagree on GT being the best, I find it the worst. Came with barely any content, and the clubs absolutely do not work as well as you claim.

Clutter has no impact on the game besides visual stimulation for YOU. There is no gameplay. To your sims what clutter you use makes no difference. I see little chatter about how much clutter matters to players so your italicized "lot" is extremely dramatic and unsubstantiated. Haven't you hopped on other posters for generalizing large groups without evidence? Do as I say not as I do eh??

The club system is either going to appeal to you, or won't. But if it does, it's literally one of the best EP's ever.
    Get Together even has better user scores than all The Sims 3 Expansions except World Adventures.

It's obviously clicked with alot of people.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    People have definitely lowered their standards since the sims 4
    l0K3ZTZpsl5foTkgE.gif

LOL.
    Says the person who is happy to pay $20 for 60 items, but thinks 150 items for $20 is a rip off, because the base game is good. I'll hand over double the cash for half the content, as long as the base game is good.

Wow, standards indeed :joy:

• Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    No.

Rachel said they aren't following the normal release schedule and instead will make packs "until it doesn't make sense anymore".

So they will make packs until they run out of ideas, or the ones they come up with no longer make sense for the game and are better off for a new game. So there's plenty of pack ideas that can fit into The Sims 4.

The typical "4-5 year schedule" isn't applying to The Sims 4 according to Rachel.

And seeing as she's head of Maxis now, there's even more weight to her statement.

I lost respect for Rachel. If shes truly in charge of it all shes really nessed up and I believe she owes us all an apology and an explanation

Why did you lose respect for the woman who has started turning The Sims 4 around, once she got in charge.

Your joking right?

Um, did the quality of the Sims 4 not go up when she became head of Maxis, in Sep 2015?
    Pretty sure once Devs were allowed to take their time with the packs, they have been much better. Which only started when she became head of Maxis.

That's all subjective. I for example think; the quality of packs is still plum comparing it to previous games. But again; that's all personal. Some people may think they are getting better, but not me.

Of course. I mean the $20 Resturant set from The Sims 3 store is so much better than Dine Out.
    The previous Stuff Packs with basic remeshes (hardly any new ones) are much better than the new Stuff Packs which have heaps of new meshes and gameplay.

Get Together is probably the only subjective pack, considering if the Clubs appeal to you, then it's a huge deal.
    No.

Rachel said they aren't following the normal release schedule and instead will make packs "until it doesn't make sense anymore".

So they will make packs until they run out of ideas, or the ones they come up with no longer make sense for the game and are better off for a new game. So there's plenty of pack ideas that can fit into The Sims 4.

The typical "4-5 year schedule" isn't applying to The Sims 4 according to Rachel.

And seeing as she's head of Maxis now, there's even more weight to her statement.

I lost respect for Rachel. If shes truly in charge of it all shes really nessed up and I believe she owes us all an apology and an explanation

Why did you lose respect for the woman who has started turning The Sims 4 around, once she got in charge.

Your joking right?

Um, did the quality of the Sims 4 not go up when she became head of Maxis, in Sep 2015?
    Pretty sure once Devs were allowed to take their time with the packs, they have been much better. Which only started when she became head of Maxis.

No it did not. The packs are still very empty and lackluster compared to the other games in the series, they barely have any gameplay just more objects.

Yeah, so empty.

I'm mean Dine Out with its 150+items so so much emptier than the Bistro set from The Sims 3 with its 20 items for the same price.
    The new stuff packs with the same (sometimes more) amount items, plus 1-4 new Gameplay items are so much emptier than the $20 Stuff Packs that mostly reused existing meshes and didn't contain new gameplay (except once or twice).

So so empty. I forgot.

Compare dine out to a the sims 2 stuff pack, your argument is Invalid boo
    Bd32BKXpNqv2E.gif

How? :joy:
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    No.

Your joking right?

That's all subjective. I for example think; the quality of packs is still plum comparing it to previous games. But again; that's all personal. Some people may think they are getting better, but not me.

Of course. I mean the $20 Resturant set from The Sims 3 store is so much better than Dine Out.
    The previous Stuff Packs with basic remeshes (hardly any new ones) are much better than the new Stuff Packs which have heaps of new meshes and gameplay.

Get Together is probably the only subjective pack, considering if the Clubs appeal to you, then it's a huge deal.
    No.

Your joking right?

No it did not. The packs are still very empty and lackluster compared to the other games in the series, they barely have any gameplay just more objects.

Yeah, so empty.

I'm mean Dine Out with its 150+items so so much emptier than the Bistro set from The Sims 3 with its 20 items for the same price.
    The new stuff packs with the same (sometimes more) amount items, plus 1-4 new Gameplay items are so much emptier than the $20 Stuff Packs that mostly reused existing meshes and didn't contain new gameplay (except once or twice).

So so empty. I forgot.

Compare dine out to a the sims 2 stuff pack, your argument is Invalid boo
    Bd32BKXpNqv2E.gif

Oh and also most of them are objects so get it right, i'm all about the gameplay hun.

If you're stating The Sims 2 stuff packs had more gameplay than Dine Out, I'm officially not bothering.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    No.

Your joking right?

No.

Your joking right?

Yeah, so empty.

So so empty. I forgot.

It's still subjective. One ''nice'' pack doesn't make the game better all of the sudden. Besides that, I still think TS2 tops TS4 by a huge amount. It has detail, something TS4 has not. It are the small details that matter.

And it's all a matter of taste anyway. If I compare TS4 to all previous iterations, to me it falls completely flat.

Why do we need a restaurant GamePack anyway? Why do we need Gamepacks anyway? They better make complete EP's instead of the shallow ones we had so far. What does GT have to offer besides clubs? What does it do for your game? You can create a club, then what? go to a venue and dance? what more gameplay does it have to offer really?

I must be missing a lot of the gameplay that pack has I guess..

Not to mention the plum bugs every single pack introduces they never seem to really fix.

Like GTW; sims in my stores always crowd up at the same shelf in my store instead of spreading out.
    With Dine Out my sims are always standing up randomly to talk to strangers when sitting in a restaurant, they don't sit down and wait, no they start running around being social with strangers...

yeah it's a lot better.

I would say the last 7 packs have been nice, not just Get Together.
    They all have better value for money and are executed really well.

Liking a pack is all about taste, getting a set amount of content for you're money, is not though. Getting sold a set with 20 items vs a same theme and idea with 150+ items and better gameplay, is value for money. If we are talking about emptiness.

Honestly i'm not defend EA at all for their poor behavior basically ripping us off but if you're okay with that then that's not my problem :)

How ironic.

You're literally defending the fact they sold you much less, for much more money.
    You're literally doing what you're saying you aren't.

:joy::joy::joy:

You're saying a Sims 2 stuff pack (that has 40 - 60 items for $20) is better value than a GamePack that has 150 - 200 items, with more gameplay.
    You're saying a $20 store set with the bare minimum gameplay and like 20 items, is better value than a GamePack of the same theme, that has 150+ items and more gameplay.

I'm saying it's better we are getting more content, and you're defending EA by saying you're happy to pay much more for less.

With how many useless, decor objects come with these packs it's hardly accurate to consider those useable objects such as a couch/chair/fridge/etc. Looking specifically at DO - it was short on content. Literally. Sure there is TONS of clutter, and wall decor and stuff that has 0 added benefits beyond visual stimulation, but looking at the stuff your sim can actually use there's a very small amount and it's all composed of the same textures.

That's the point a lot of people neglect to think of when looking at SP's. Sure it might come with a hefty amount of stuff, but how much of that is usable?? Usable in the sense that your Sim can interact with it beyond 'view'.

So next time you wanna tally up the object count go ahead and separate it into clutter and functional objects. No use trying to blur the lines by leading people to believe they're getting more useful stuff than they really are. Honestly I think you should leave sales to EA - you cannot post without being incredibly rude so your defense strategy isn't really doing much for you.

Just checked, there are more fridges in The Sims 4 now, than there are in The Sims 3 with all EP's and Stuff Packs.
    Just an example you mentioned.

There's also heaps of chairs and couches too.

You clearly don't play the game, so I don't know why you're talking from experience.
  • Options
    oscarx2poscarx2p Posts: 27 Member
    @jackjack_k. Better were getting more content for what? A base game that was messed up? More content doesnt make a better game. Ts2 may have had less content comparably to Ts4 but the game play was amazing! There were many features that made the game really yours. I am a family player and love family play in ts2 and ts3. Ts4 lost that to me. I find myself trying to tell every sims individual story but they all end up being too much of the same.

It's very easy to do everything there is to do in The Sims 2, in a small amount of time. Which is why even when The Sims 3 was still rather new, very few people posted about it.

I love The Sims 2, but there's nothing new anymore. You can do everything a pack has to offer over a weekend.
    The packs were great, but once you've been downtown, run a business, had some pets, gone on vacation, lived in an apartment, experienced weather and picked a hobby, the gameplay in The Sims 2 starts getting repetitive.

Which is why most people play a Legacy or a challenge in The Sims 2 nowaday. Gives you a reason to play.

And I can do everything the sims 4 has to offer (BG, EPS, GP and SP included) in half an hour. Well let's say an hour because of the bugs.

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    No.

It already doesn't make sense lol. Your statement can go both ways, just because it's not going to follow the 4/5 year "rule" it doesn't means the game can't end in 3.

--T
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    It seems as though the ones that are most annoyed about culling are the ones who love homeless townies. I thought the game didn't cull townies who lived in a house? The same with relationship culling. Isn't there a criteria that needs to be met when culling relationships, so if you're familiar with the criteria, then it's possible to avoid it >:) ?

As of now there is only 91 lots in this game. I don't want to fill half of those with "homeless townies" that I can never play or they will lose their roles. I'm not even asking for the moon here, just stop culling restaurant staff that I took time and money to train and don't cull anyone who is in a club. Make it a special "my pc can stomach it" check box or something. I don't mind culling for townies that serve no purpose, and I actually like relationship culling when it comes to random john does who fill up my relationship panel. Just wish there was a better filter in place.

Now that you mention lots. This too is my biggest pet peeve about the game. There's what roughly 3 empty lots per neighborhood? A small, medium and large one. In sims 3 you could put your lot in the middle of nowhere. Honestly, it just feels as though they took anything or all customization(apart from CAS) away from the game and dumbed it down a lot.

Can't we just get:

Sims 1's vulgarity + Sims 2's Family play, emotions, little details + Sims 3's open world, CASt, Story progression, world editor + Sims 4's build mode & CAS?
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited August 2016
    To7m wrote: »
    Just for the record, if the base game is good; other stuff don't and shouldn't matter :) other stuff should be a bonus. An addition. Something to increase the fun. Not add fun when there is none.

--T

This. If the base game is good, then everything else that gets added should feel like a bonus.

Sims 2 has most probably been EA's most successful Sims game to date. Its base game was marvelous, everything that got added was just a bonus. The same can be said for Sims 3. I bought Sims 3 when it came out, I was 14 years old working in my neighbors gardens to buy it. It was well worth it.

Now, when I buy a Sims 4 game I feel like my value for money isn't being met. I buy it because I think the game will get better. I'm entertained for at most 1 hour. Then I'm bored and end up quitting the game. The base game was and still is lacking so its going to be very hard for them to step it up, this is purely because of all the features they cut. They alienated an entire play-style with Sims 4 and that's family players.

A base game should feel like a complete game, and expansions as bonuses.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

You're right there isnt anything new in it anymore but then again the same could be said about all of the sims games. Its what you make it as an individual. I no longer have 2 or I would still play that with 3 and 4. Right now I play 3 and 4. I still have some hopes for 4. In TS4 I'm currently playing a sim who just moved in her own (from a family of 6) and she just cant get it right relationship wise. She had one unsuccessful relationship after another since she was a teen because she has a bad habit to fall for the wrong guy. Until she meets a coworker who shows her the not every guy she meets is the same. She first hung out with him as a group with other coworkers where they would go out for lunch on a day off or hang out at the theater I made. Its the story you make with the sim games you play. I can play with an indivudal sim and have story progression because of the MC Command mod but I'm scared to have her get married and start family because theres still alot lacking game play wise. Where as I'm also playing TS3 for a family who just moved to Riverview from the city. he father has a very sad and bad back story but somehow came through with a successful business and has retired in the Farmlands of Riverview that reminds him of his home country. Where as their teenaged daughter misses her friends and city life and has to adjust to the country. I like the story progression and the family play and the fact that you can write a bio on your sim and give them aback story. but again all of this is an example of how I personally play my games. I dont do too Much family play in 4 as I do in 3 because I personally find it lacking as well as the age group differentiation. I get that in 3 and I still hoping its brought to 4 because I enjoy some things with it.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Just for the record, if the base game is good; other stuff don't and shouldn't matter :) other stuff should be a bonus. An addition. Something to increase the fun. Not add fun when there is none.

--T

Couldn't agree more.

Here's your reward for such a simple yet enlightening post

200.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited August 2016

LOL- that's all I do with the Sims 4 because that's what gives me a reason to play it!

@jackjack_k As well, when you did you "fridge counting" did you include the Store? If not then your statement doesn't hold and would seem indicative of other statements you've made where the numbers are presented in a light that supports your argument but aren't entirely accurate. It's a bit like when someone pointed out that the Sims 3 only had 9 stuff packs total and Sims 4 ALREADY HAS 8 to prove how much stuff we're getting with 4- while the number is true it completely ignores the Store set up and the items available there because the Store was releasing one, sometimes two stuff packs a month, along with venues and worlds.

EDIT: I'll also add that with the CASt system I could take a basic fridge shape and convert it to work in nearly any style! I didn't need a Fridge Stuff SP because I could do so much creating on my own.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

Seriously? Wow, I feel sad for you if you think that's all there is. You've missed a vital ingredient as to why the Sims 2 is still a popular game.

Creativity

Sims 2 will never be old to me, because I can come up with more stories that make me motivated to keep playing. I have a never ending supply of reasons to play. My only limit is my own imagination and creativity.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

--T

Couldn't agree more.

Here's your reward for such a simple yet enlightening post

200.gif

Thanks! :)

--T
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'd like either City or Farms. Two opposites.

I would love to have both personally, two separate worlds.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Also do not force words down my mouth, I never said i'd be happy to spend "extra" on less objects I that that yes they maybe be less objects but you was guarenteed to have more gameplay so read what I said Properly okay? Oh and what you'd be happy to pay $50 on a base game which had nothing? K den not my problem boo.
    2bRl9YbY60FMs.gif

giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    No.

To Rachel the game did not make a sense to have toddlers way from the beginning so does that mean they are shutting it down now? Since the EPs has got reduced?

Doesn't make sense anymore = Doesn't make money anymore
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    The Sims 4 will only have 3 EPs since they did say they are working on a 3rd one now. I don't see how with the number of releases and the time frame thus far, we will ever get more. I do not think that generations, seasons, pets will ever be a part of the game. I believe there will be some fill in packs with peripheral notions but nothing in depth.