Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Neighborhood Rotation Thread

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @Julyvee94 The science career is really fun, especially in the first playthrough. And it introduces a lot of Alien gameplay :) (One thing I've never had in my game is an alein baby because my sims never get abducted, boo. I really want one.)

With Granite Falls I've been trying to put different spins on it, since you can place all sorts of venues there to revamp the place to your liking. But a good camping trip can be pretty fun too. (The hermit I think is a bit overrated, but gosh that lot they live on is gorgeous!)
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    @sabreene I love how you really developed the Sims' personalities through their traits! I have to try adopting that same outlook in my gameplay. Super insightful! :)

@Julyvee94 That's such an awesome list! I'm hoping to include a neighbourhood bake sale or garden party ala The Great British Bake Off at some point in my games too. But it's so great that you're organised enough to make a checklist! :)
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @Julyvee94 That's such an awesome list! I'm hoping to include a neighbourhood bake sale or garden party ala The Great British Bake Off at some point in my games too. But it's so great that you're organised enough to make a checklist! :)

@eXokamikaze I was LITERALLY just thinking about doing a GBBO themed story or just to take fun screenies for a short story or something! :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Meggles wrote: »

@eXokamikaze I was LITERALLY just thinking about doing a GBBO themed story or just to take fun screenies for a short story or something! :lol:

YES DO IT! For me it'll just be a one off thing, so feel free to do a proper story! <3 Great minds and all that.
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    @Julyvee94 Oh, I love that list! I played my rotational game for months (with the aging off for a good chunk of time) so while I've done a lot of it, your list makes me realize there's still so much to do! I still haven't traveled to Sixam, or played much with the aliens... even though I have completed the Scientist career (loved it).

When I went to Granite Falls, I was kind of mehhh, by the hermit -- he was pretty much just a normal guy that didn't wear shoes. Then, he showed up all over Granite Falls just walking around like a normal person! Some hermit!! I've seen that if the hermit is a woman, she gets the hermit outfit (and maybe she'd stay hidden? I don't know).

@eXokamikaze Thanks! It's been a really fun way for me to play -- I really like delving into my sims personalities.

@roseinblack69 I have a prettacy challenge I'm doing, and I wanted to play on short to force myself to do things a little differently, and keep things moving. I have a tendency to slow everything down. Like, I can take one sim day and turn into into two chapters... so if I was playing on normal or long, gahhh! Even I would be asleep before anything happened in my stories! In my rotational game (and in all my previous sims 2 & 3 games) I used cheats extensively. So for my challenge, that's another thing -- no cheats! Makes me do new things.

Sometimes I get caught up in doing things how I've always done them, and what I know -- so it's fun to step away from my "normal". I'm really loving this thread, since it's giving me ideas on what else I should experience, and different ways to play! (and also, new stories to read. @Meggles & @eXokamikaze -- we need the bake-off story! I'd read that!!)
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited October 2015
    @sabreene I like to play using long lifespan and many interesting things happened in my stories, but now I'm also doing and writing the male prettacy challenge story playing on normal lifespan and I also liked it, especially that fact, when babies grow up to children soon :D But I still use long lifespan for my games :) I'll read your story later, when I'll finish to read about Bloomers legacy family ;)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I actually put the hermit on that List because I know that he/she can give you seeds to grow the Death plant :D and for the lot of course
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Julyvee94 Can he/she? It's not too hard to get them on your own and just grafting them :)

@roseinblack69 Sabreene's story is still on generation one is still on generation 1, it probably won't take too long to catch up, and I highly recommend it - feel free to take a break from the Bloomers :)

With the life spans, I usually only only like playing on long when my sims are young adults and both them and I are trying to find their direction - in TS3 I always played on long while my sim was a YA and as soon as they started a family I switched it to normal.

The money cheats discussion is really interesting to me, since I really don't feel that the initial funds are insufficient at all (but then I've mentioned how much I like playing broke sims :D). To me once you get to about 50k it's almost too comfortable :D

Hope you guys don't mind me barging in even though I don't play rotations! I feel like this thread is so awesome for discussing gameplay styles and goals and I haven't seen anything like it, even though I cover the diversity over generations as opposed to rotational gameplay.
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob This thread is for everyone! I should bold the sentence in the opening post that reads "It doesn't matter if your rotation is in TS4 or any earlier version, everyone is welcome to discuss here! You don't even need to have a rotation. If you are interested in friendly discussion, just join in! *brings cake*

I'm currently rebuilding the Caliente house for playing them in my rotation ^^ I liked their old house too I just have the feeling I need to make it my own so I rebuild it from scratch. Although it was much nicer furnished than the Landgraab house was. I'm still keeping the neighbourhoods style though. I looked at the other houses there and I use the same windows and roofs so it will look fitting ^^
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 Yay! Glad you're not kicking me out :) With the Calientes I've actually been tempted to redo their house completely, because I loved the modern condo they and Don had going on in TS2 - it was one of my favourite houses in the game actually! I can't wait to see what you've done with them for your rotation!
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @Julyvee94 Yay! Glad you're not kicking me out :) With the Calientes I've actually been tempted to redo their house completely, because I loved the modern condo they and Don had going on in TS2 - it was one of my favourite houses in the game actually! I can't wait to see what you've done with them for your rotation!

Their new house also has the spanish look but is a bit more modern. And I got rid of all the curtains. Plum, I hate curtains, they take away so much light xD
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I am strongly considering including other worlds in my rotation story like Oasis Springs. (I think @Julyvee94 asked this before) Does anyone else do that or stick to one world?
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I think you could use them all!

In Sims 4 they don't feel like other worlds to me, more like a different city. Especially since the game doesn't distinguish! You can go to a bar, and it'll be a mix of Newcrest, Oasis & Willow Springs (and homeless!). If I take my sims on a date, or have a party or whatnot, I also use any of the places on any of the maps. It feels just like driving over to another town to me.

All my favorite rotational families live in Willow Creek in my game, but that was more because I'm lazy. It was easier to have them all right there, and I liked putting them on one street as neighbors.
  • Options
    sabreene wrote: »
    I think you could use them all!

In Sims 4 they don't feel like other worlds to me, more like a different city. Especially since the game doesn't distinguish! You can go to a bar, and it'll be a mix of Newcrest, Oasis & Willow Springs (and homeless!). If I take my sims on a date, or have a party or whatnot, I also use any of the places on any of the maps. It feels just like driving over to another town to me.

All my favorite rotational families live in Willow Creek in my game, but that was more because I'm lazy. It was easier to have them all right there, and I liked putting them on one street as neighbors.

That's a pretty neat idea, having them all on one street "neighborhood" as neighbors. In my other stories I have been doing that alot more with my families. I sort of liked the idea of Oasis Springs because of my whole Sim City theme for my rotation. It could be a Las Vegas type place if I put enough effort into it.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    I did it! I finally got started on my neighborhood rotation!
    The More the Wilder
  • Options
    Woot! Woot! Checking out your rotation now @JoieWilder
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    Woot! Woot! Checking out your rotation now @JoieWilder

Yay! I love Joies rotation it's so fun!
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I'm loving this post. I've always typically played in a rotational style. I just can't stand the same sims over and over I guess. I like the variety and to see what kind of craziness I can get into.
  • Options
    Tacoman763Tacoman763 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi! I'm Emma and I have a neighborhood rotation story too!. It's called the Cameron's. Here it is.(Type it in google. I cant post links yet. Sorry) . cameronlegacy.wordpress.com
    I will also answer the questions.

- Do you have a fixed ingame time you play each household for? If yes, how long?
    No I don't have a fixed amont of time I play a household.

- If you don't have a fixed time, how do you determine when to switch households?
    I mostly have a little part of the story that I want to complete. So when I am playing the household I just play them and see when I can make the story happen. I also play untill I get bored of the household.

- Do you play with aging on or off and why?
    I play with aging off. I am very scared that a sim dies before I got a chance to play with them well. Or ages up before I want to. I might need to put it on long lifespam though. Or my whole neighborhodd will be filled with elders in no time.

- Do you play the EA premades?
    Yes. I play every premade who already had a house and I placed Babs l'Amour, June Kay and the Purdue's in my world. I will play with Steve Fogel and Andre DaSilva soon.

- How many household do you rotate with?
    Wait! Let me count! 26! I know quite a lot :) . When the story progresses some households will spit up or merge though.

- Do you add households as you go or do you have pre-determined households to rotate with?
    I now just have these 26 ,but at one point there are going to be more.

- Are you using your own builds or do you keep EA's houses?
    I'm not the best builder so I use EA's houses and houses of the gallery.

- Do you use cheats? Which ones?
    No. In the beggining I used FreeRealEstate on. I kind of regret that. I didn't get to play the real game of building up their lives and started them off with amazing houses with everything in it already. From this point I won't use cheats anymore.

I would really appreciate it if you check out my story and leave some advice. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    My rotation is currently under construction so to speak! It will be returning once Get Together releases since I really feel like that new words (along with new gameplay features will be really unique to this sort of play style)

Q: Does anyone else plan to mix in some of the elements on Get Together once its out? Or do a rotation in Widenburg to introduce some new sims into the mix?
  • Options
    Welcome @Tacoman763 :) you rotation sounds cool I mean 26 households that is insane! In a good way :) Hope you have tons of fun

@OJenn I'm unsure about whether to buy get together but if I do I would include some Windenburg lots in my existing rotation :)
  • Options
    Completely understandable @Julyvee94 I normally don't buy packs before they are released but I am really excited for the story elements it could add. In the mean time I am setting up a fresh new save and giving all townies make-overs in preparation. xD
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    Completely understandable @Julyvee94 I normally don't buy packs before they are released but I am really excited for the story elements it could add. In the mean time I am setting up a fresh new save and giving all townies make-overs in preparation. xD

That's awesome! I gave a lot of townies makeovers for my rotation but not all of them yet :) I usually buy packs when they go on sale ^^
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hello everyone :)

I was very busy and tired, so I was just lurking silently here and reading :D I hope you all are doing well ;)
    Oh, I'm waiting very much for the Get Together and have the big plans for it, I preordered it long time ago, so I should have this package already at 8th December :)
    I have an idea to start my rotation game soon. It should be more or less to be similar to legacy challenge as I'm gonna play with my crazy scientist, who is single father and he is already grandpa and has 3 alien kids ;) So they will be my main household. I can't wait when I'll can introduce my MacRavens family to you all ;) I also wanted to say that I'll play using long lifespan :)
  • Options