Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Neighborhood Rotation Thread

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Here is a mod what could help you and you'll not need to use the money cheats ;)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=549152

I also think 20000 is not enough but 250000 ist too much for my liking xD I think 40000 would be good starting funds.

Yeah that is a fairly large sum of money! I usually give my sims 50k to start or 40k and let them work to build on that.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited October 2015
    Another questions for you guys :D (I'm on a roll, sorry xD)

How do you go about transitioning between households in you story? Do you just say like "In this chapter I will play bla bla" or do you change in the middle of a chapter or what do you do?

Do you give an incentive to change households like a certain event etc or do you simply change at some point? :D
  • Options

How do you go about transitioning between households in you story? Do you just say like "In this chapter I will play bla bla" or do you change in the middle of a chapter or what do you do?

Do you give an incentive to change households like a certain event etc or do you simply change at some point? :D

I typically go about changing based on the last person interacted with. Like in the beginning of SimTropolis, Piper was dealing with a particular neighbor. That neighbor and her life became the next swap for me. So it felt like natural story progression to start the next rotation with her.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I think Johnny Zest? (the disowned Langraab) would be interesting to play since he is dirt poor and wants to win some fortune and fame.
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I use the UI Cheats Extension 1.3 mod
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

It enables a whole bunch of things, one of them is setting the amount of money you want. Sometimes I'll set the money to make the houses up, and then when my renovation is over, I put the money back down to a reasonable number. I definitely needed it at one point, because I didn't realize bills counted everything in your inventory, and I'd been saving a lot of my gardening. I got hit with some $45,000 bills!

Previous to playing my two challenges, I'd never *not* played Sims without using cheats. The legacy challenges I'm playing really open my eyes to the rest of the gameplay, since no cheats! But in my rotational game, I still use them. It allows me to concentrate on other factors while playing them.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    @Julyvee94 -- not exactly, but it does let you cancel out different emotional moodlets. So say if they got a happy moodlet for decoration, you could right click on it to get rid of it. Or, you could cancel out sad, jealous, angry -- whatever moodlets you weren't wanting.

It also lets you move your needs bars up and down, and lets you set the relationship (both friendship & romantic) with other sims. (came in super handy when there was that friendship bug going around!)

I know there's a cheat code to add moodlets, but I can't remember offhand what it is. I haven't ever used it, just read it in the list!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    sabreene wrote: »
    @Julyvee94 -- not exactly, but it does let you cancel out different emotional moodlets. So say if they got a happy moodlet for decoration, you could right click on it to get rid of it. Or, you could cancel out sad, jealous, angry -- whatever moodlets you weren't wanting.

It also lets you move your needs bars up and down, and lets you set the relationship (both friendship & romantic) with other sims. (came in super handy when there was that friendship bug going around!)

I know there's a cheat code to add moodlets, but I can't remember offhand what it is. I haven't ever used it, just read it in the list!

Sims.add_buff (there is a website with the codes for each, the site is simsvip or something)

Sims.remove_all_buffs

I use them regularly lol.
  • Options
    @sabreene Thanks! I know about the cheat I just wanted to know if there was a more comfortable way. I know of one mod an advanced debug menu but it's not working for me, probably because my game is German.
  • Options
    Bing! I found the site and here is the site with the codes: http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Emotions

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited October 2015

Mostly I split one week in 2 parts, example, I play from 00:00 Sunday to 12:00 thursday with one household and then I switch to another household what I play from 12:00 thursday to 00:00 Sunday (the sims time), but if I need I can change household in the middle of chapter. Once I played even with 3 households at the same time, cause I needed it for my story, but it was sooo difficult :s I wouldn't want to repeat this, but I'm not sure I'll not need to do that again someday :) Sometimes I even play with those households I don't play at all if I need it for my story. Example, I played very short only for few episodes with Brunoe tribe amazons and I know I'll need to do that again although usualy I don't play with this household.And what about you? It's interesting and it's great to share :)
  • Options
    @roseinblack69 I normally switch at the beginning of the chapter and play sims that have showed up in the story and whose story I want to pursue ^^ but the breaks are still kinda random
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 I do the same, but sometimes it depends on the situation and storyline...
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 I do the same, but sometimes it depends on the situation and storyline...

I almost don't want to switch away from my current sim lol, who knew a hot-headed sim would be so much fun!
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    edited October 2015

Very true! With one Sim I played two days. And with another I played one day. Both gave me three chapters worth of material...I suspect the second Sim might give me a fourth chapter, but we'll see.
  • Options
    I also have a question to you all - did you try to play with jealous sim?

I tried myself, it's funny. I created a female sim who looks like hippie, she acts different a bit than other sims. She has boyfriend, but when he is not around she is afraid that he can cheat on her or something like this :D I gave her romantic, jealous and childish traits :)
  • Options
    I haven't used the new trait yet, but I wish it had been around when I was playing my serial romantic! I actually removed the special trait he got for finishing that (the one that stops jealousy) because I was like, nooo! you deserve people to be jealous and get mad at you! I didn't realize then, it usually just made people sad. If only one of his conquests had the jealous trait... would've loved to see him slapped a time or two! Which makes me think... I wonder if I have an old save? :tongue:

And although I haven't played with the jealous trait, I just had an npc roll it when he aged up (given automatically by the game). I'll be interested to see if he gets into any interactions because of it! He'll be an evil, jealous snob. Such a combo!
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    I haven't used the new trait either, and don't think I'll be able to since I'm playing EA pre-mades. However if I meet a Townie with that trait, it might happen! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @eXokamikaze my sims met townies with jealous trait, so it's totally possible to have one ;)

@sabreene jealous, evil and snob sounds crazy and great :D

But do you think it's enough to have only 3 traits? I'd like that our sims could have more traits, they are much more interesting and colorful personalities than EA thinks :)
  • Options
    @roseinblack69 At first I was really bummed with only being able to choose three traits. Although I would still like more (even four sounds good to me!), I've found myself really enjoying finding out how the traits intersect and make one sim different than the other. Or even coming up with ways that two sims with the same traits are completely different! For example, I had a hot-headed sim that became family-oriented when she was older. I found while she still got mad easily, her happiness with the kids & husband outweighed any anger she had with them. So she might've made a few enemies of the neighbors, but the family-oriented trait tempered her, so that she was just like a fierce momma bear! Great to the family, a terror others!

That said, I'm really looking forward to how jealous, evil & snob will exacerbate one another. No tempering here at all!

I do use the traits you can buy with points -- but I always make sure I buy ones that seem fitting for the character, that way the sim grows as a character (to me), instead of just having a convenient trait. Of course this may change now that I'm playing on short lifespan with no cheating allowed! I'll probably be spending my points on things like steel bladder! lol!
  • Options
    sabreene wrote: »
    @roseinblack69 At first I was really bummed with only being able to choose three traits. Although I would still like more (even four sounds good to me!), I've found myself really enjoying finding out how the traits intersect and make one sim different than the other. Or even coming up with ways that two sims with the same traits are completely different! For example, I had a hot-headed sim that became family-oriented when she was older. I found while she still got mad easily, her happiness with the kids & husband outweighed any anger she had with them. So she might've made a few enemies of the neighbors, but the family-oriented trait tempered her, so that she was just like a fierce momma bear! Great to the family, a terror others!

That said, I'm really looking forward to how jealous, evil & snob will exacerbate one another. No tempering here at all!

I do use the traits you can buy with points -- but I always make sure I buy ones that seem fitting for the character, that way the sim grows as a character (to me), instead of just having a convenient trait. Of course this may change now that I'm playing on short lifespan with no cheating allowed! I'll probably be spending my points on things like steel bladder! lol!

Are you doing some legacy challenge @sabreene? :) I have never used these traits you can buy with points, but I will. Sometimes I think it's so weird to be such old the sims fan (I started play the sims when the sims 2 was realized, but I know that here are people what played the sims 1) and I still don't know and never tried so many things in the sims 2, the sims 3 and even the sims 4 :/ But it's never to late, right? ;) So I'll try and I am glad that @Julyvee94 started this thread, because we all can share our thoughts and experience about the game :)
    I really enjoy the sims 4, because the sims have very rich personalities if even they have only 3 traits as you mentioned, @sabreene :) I like how they express their emotions and feelings, I learnt many things about the symbols meanings in their speech bubbles (thanks to @Julyvee94! ) and I still learn them. Now I'm use these symbols in some stories I prepare to write, it's really cool thing :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I think my rotation really helps me get out of my lame comfort zone ^^ I'm exploring so many new things! :) I have made notes of what I still want to do in Sims 4

Sims 4 Built-in
    - A trip to granite Falls (meet the hermit)
    - Open up a shop
    - Doctor's career and get to the top of the other GTW careers
    - Travel to Sixam
    - Play an alien
    - Have sims divorce
    - Have teenagers exchange promise rings
    - Use a vodoo doll
    - Revive a ghost (Ambrosia or Book of Life)
    - Play a ghost
    - Emotional deaths
    - Adopt a child
    - have a sim wear the bear costume
    - Observatory Woohoo
    - Rocket woohoo
    - Have a sim with the jealous trait
    - Complete the mischief aspirations
    - Complete the serial romantic aspiration
    - Complete the party animal aspiration
    - Use all purchasable traits

Set up
    - Play a household with 8 sims
    - Play some sort of orphanage
    - Host a speed date event
    - Build a secret basement/attic
    - host a costume party (but only a fake one because I think costume parties came with LP-Stuff and I don't have that)
    - Try a bachelor/bachelorette challenge
    - Rebuild city venues/career venues
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 my sims were in Grannite Falls many times, but never met hermit, so they should do that too.
    My sims competed the doctor and scientist careers in my previous games, travelled to Sixam, had babies aliens and were abducted many times, I have teen aliens what are my scientist Onyx McRaven's children in the gallery and I am ready to use one of his children in some legacy challenge or another story, although their father Onyx has very different role in my another game at this time (I'm preparing to write a story about it).
    No, I never had my sims to get divorce, but Onyx was left at the altar by my simself although it was mod's fault I used :D You'll know about it in the new story ;) Well, my sim Alistair broke up with his two girlfriends in "The Wheel Of Fortune" story, but I guess it's not the same.
    I also had my sims teens, what exchanged the promise rings with each other in the beginning, when I just downloaded the sims 4 :) Now I miss it and I hope these children what will grow up will exchange the promise rings with someone :)
    My sim slave Ogima used voodoo doll for very short time and I want to know more about it too ;)
    Never played with ghost, although I had vampire ghost in my household in the sims 3, but later his wife forced him to return to Neitherword, because they fighted too much :dizzy:
    Never adopted children, maybe I also should try it? Well, if I'll have my sims gays or lesbians in the future then I'll try it ;)
    Never had emotional deaths too, but I'd like it. Sikya died laughing only because I used the cheat. I needed it for my story.
    Observatory and rocket woohoo was almost hobby for my scientist Onyx and other families I played before :dizzy:
    Now I have one female sim with jealous trait, it's funny to play with her :)
    I guess I have never completed the sims aspirations, but I want it too.
    I had households with 8 sims and I still have them, but it's not easy to control them... You'll see it yourself @Julyvee94
    I have the orphaned sims at this time - Akecheta and his newphew Alo and you know it's really interesting and exciting to play with them <3
    I tried almost all parties in the sims 4, except the spooky party and maybe more few parties. I guess the spooky party will be my favorite :)<3
    Now I'm finishing to write the second part of my trilogy "The Wheel Of Fortune", and I use bachelor challenge in second part of this story. You really should try it @Julyvee94 :) I know I'll repeat this challenge someday again ;)
    And building is my weakest side in the sims 4 :( But maybe I'll become more brave in time and will try to build and rebuild more often than now :)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I think my rotation really helps me get out of my lame comfort zone ^^ I'm exploring so many new things! :) I have made notes of what I still want to do in Sims 4

Sims 4 Built-in
    - A trip to granite Falls (meet the hermit)
    - Open up a shop
    - Doctor's career and get to the top of the other GTW careers
    - Travel to Sixam
    - Play an alien
    - Have sims divorce
    - Have teenagers exchange promise rings
    - Use a vodoo doll
    - Revive a ghost (Ambrosia or Book of Life)
    - Play a ghost
    - Emotional deaths
    - Adopt a child
    - have a sim wear the bear costume
    - Observatory Woohoo
    - Rocket woohoo
    - Have a sim with the jealous trait
    - Complete the mischief aspirations
    - Complete the serial romantic aspiration
    - Complete the party animal aspiration
    - Use all purchasable traits

Set up
    - Play a household with 8 sims
    - Play some sort of orphanage
    - Host a speed date event
    - Build a secret basement/attic
    - host a costume party (but only a fake one because I think costume parties came with LP-Stuff and I don't have that)
    - Try a bachelor/bachelorette challenge
    - Rebuild city venues/career venues

I'm not really a rotational player, but I just love the energy of this thread and the ideas that bounce here. What an awesome list! (I've actually done a lot of the above, clearly I have a problem lol)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @roseinblack69 That sounds awesome! You must have an awesome time with your sims :)

@ThePlumbob clearly I have a problem xD I bought this ExP and the GP and didn't even fully explore their potential yet xD I'm just one lazy simmer xD But I'll get around to all that soon ^^