Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,782 Member
    Handed out more awesomes. Worked most of the day so didn't have time to comment but I now only have 5 pages to read to at least get caught up on reading. Should actually have some time to comment Saturday morning before I go to work again. I still need to post my update from two weeks ago but its been hard to find time. Anyway, hope you all are doing well and staying safe from COVID. Lots of new restrictions in Illinois again as rates are going up.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Just messing around in Sunset Valley with a SIM I created named Helen Davies. I put the write up in the spoiler because it's pretty text-heavy with a few pics. I didn't want to take up too much board space.
    Helen is a Gemini, workaholic, ambitious, green thumb, friendly, bookworm. She likes the songwriter style of music, the color blue, and spaghetti is her favorite meal.

She has the lifetime wish to create The Perfect Garden. She wants to succeed in business. Her plan as of right now is to work at the grocery store part-time to pay for college and keep up the house she inherited at 58 Water Lily Lane (which happens to be this creator's favorite lot in SV).

In addition to succeeding in business, she'd like to get married one day and have kids. She's ambitious, so she wonders if having a family may contradict her desire to have a family.

To achieve her business career dreams, she set out to meet some of the mover and shakers in the business world in Sunset Valley. She met both Ilana Langerak and Gunther Goth.

50622714751_9c2cfa5e7e_b.jpg

True to form, Gunther began to flirt with Helen. She's been very good at avoiding his flirtations. He has become a valued friend and cheerleader for Helen.

When Helen and Ilana met they became friends instantly. Ilana has become a mentor to Helen and encourages her to take opportunities that come her way to help her achieve her dream.

Working at the grocery store and finding items to sell (flowers and gems) Helen managed to save enough for a semester at SIMS University. Helen is quite charismatic and friendly as well as a social media expert, a skill she feels will help her in the modern business world, and these skills helped her earn a scholarship. The extra funds will come in handy while at Uni.

Before leaving, Helen called her neighbor and friend Erin Kennedy to look after the small garden she had started while she was away at school.

50622814897_d1798917d7_b.jpg

It's a small plot but gardening helps her de-stress from her troubles.

At Uni, she immediately pledged to the sorority Tri-Fruhm because her aunt was a member. As a legacy, Helen had no trouble getting in as a legacy. Her roommate Tiffany and she struck up a friendship.

50622814827_d8c50cea8d_b.jpg

Running late one day, Tiffany loaned Helen her car to get to classes. Helen tried not to load up her classes, but she still had trouble maintaining her grades. The social side of her often distracted her. Her friendship with Tiffany opened Helen up to the Jock social group. While Helen had no athletic aspirations, she enjoyed going to the parties and cheering on the school team at events.

50622814817_486db75d3f_b.jpg

Despite struggling with her grades, her professors saw potential and encouraged her to go for the study abroad trip in Egypt. The goal for students on the trip is to meet the local business owners and learn about foreign business practices. The trip was to take place just before Helen would go back for her 2nd semester.

Helen left Uni with a C+ average. Disappointed in herself she threw herself into her work at the grocery store and sought out Ilana for advice. Ilana cheered her friend up and told her to keep at it. "People don't always test well. You don't need good grades to have a career in business. Look at Gunther, he was groomed to be a businessman. He coasted in school. Gunther really just wants to paint instead of running a mega-corporation."

After the pep talk, Helen felt a bit better. The very next day, her hard work at the grocery store paid off with a raise and a promotion. Two weeks later, Helen traveled to Egypt.

Helen's first task in Egypt was to meet women entrepreneurs. She met Zahra Diab, the relic merchant, Dalida Barakat, the goods merchant, and Nepthy Hawas the food merchant. Each of the women had their own perspective on how to run a business, which Helen took notes and inspiration from to use in her own goals. The next day, Helen received an email to report to a local man to begin an investigation about MorcuCorp.

50622714721_6b609be97b_b.jpg

Helen went to the Temple of Discovery to find some papers, followed by a task to collect 4 pcs. of turquoise. That quest took her around the sites of Egypt. She ended up staying at a little campsite instead of home base. Her final task, which Helen was able to complete was speaking with the locals regarding MorcuCorp. Of course, she started with her friends. She only had a chance to speak with Nepthy before having to catch her flight back to Sunset Valley.

50622714726_d70662945a_b.jpg

50622814872_cbefc85e6e_b.jpg

A weird thing happened when Helen returned to Sunset Valley. One Thursday as she was arriving to work, she noticed a commotion at the fancy restaurant across the way. She ran over to discover that local chef Jared Frio was on fire. Before anyone could react, Jared perished. His little daughter, as well as his brother Conor, witnessed her father's death which was very sad. **note, this is the first time I've ever experienced something bad to a local who is usually around all the time. I was actually sad that something happened to Jared, even though he's kind of a jerk**

50622814847_5f77ef1fc9_b.jpg

50622714681_de2d6ae17f_b.jpg

Helen is currently earning money for her next semester at Uni.

<insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,782 Member
    @emorrill Yeah, it’s a company wide thing. Closed for Thanksgiving this year too so I at least can join my family for that.
    That’s one positive, I really need the money right now.

@bekkasan Sure does. Got four days in a row, work Tuesday and Wednesday next week then five days straight from Friday to Tuesday. At least I’ll have decent paychecks though, lol
    I got a few things on my list of things I want for my game, although paying some necessities currently.
    I miss all of you too. I miss having time to play but I’m glad I got this job. Things have been tough for me this year and this helps ease that a bit.
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    The Montoya save is going pretty well.
    Rosalie got a promotion.
    Russell and Rosie had their puppies... err, one puppy. He has the traits Loyal and Likes Swimming and is named Rocky.
    Maxwell went on his first "sort-of" date with Zoe Durwood. He had to wait for Zoe to finish her job before they could meet up, but he asked her to prom and stayed past curfew, but made it home in time.
    Since I'm hoping he and Zoe will stay together I gave her a makeover. She had terribly big ears (made me think of the New Year's baby from that Rudolph New Year movie...), and her nose just didn't look right.
    I kept her nose small but fixed it, tweaked her lips a little, made her eyes bigger, made her ears smaller & changed head shape slightly, gave her better eyebrows, gave her freckles & makeup, changed her hairstyles & outfits, and most importantly changed her traits. Her traits were awful: Hates Art, Evil and Hot Headed. I kept her daredevil trait and switched the rest to diva, clumsy, and bookworm so she wouldn't be quite so hard to please but still a slightly dramatic sim to fit what I feel like her personality is.
    I'm hoping that prom and their future dates go well. She's a very pretty sim now and they make a cute couple (Just have to find and makeover Zoe's brother, just the ears obviously).
    Also the kids keep getting sick, missing field trips, and getting days off from school. I have them work on their skills while they are home.

Also, Since Jaxon is obsessed with the rocking horse, I gave him (used Nraas to bring up LTWs to choose from because he was taking a long time to decide one) a Lifetime Wish for reaching Secret Agent branch of the Law Enforcement Job.

Hopefully Rosalie's relationship problems get fixed. I posted in the help section about it.
    Although coincidentally, SP threw out a notification that Branch went out with someone else :angry: I hope to fix the problems I'm having so Rosalie can ask Branch out officially, maybe have him move in first, and then I can clear his other relationships. Because Rosalie needs help as soon as possible so she can stop hiring a babysitter.

Question: Is it possible to find a Rhinoceros Beetle in Moonlight Falls? If not, what spawner do I need to add?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2020
    I started a new game with different household in Bridgeport.
    I tried to start in other worlds but there was no best place for playing bands.
    Anyway, I replaced my Danny singer as inactive again,
    and I'm playing other household.
    Today, I saw Simfest will be on at the Performance park.
    My 2 gay couple headed down to the park and saw there was Danny.
    In the afternoon, the proprietor announced the next contestant is Danny Cool.

Untitled-15.png

Untitled-17.png

Now he is getting on the stage

https://youtu.be/XQjUptcvLwo
    He did nothing and got down.

Untitled-18.png

Now the proprietor brought the paper for the winner.

Untitled-19.png

When did he sing? I don't remember??

Untitled-20.png

Anyway, he became the winner today's simfest. :D
    He is inactive, so he is out of control.
    I couldn't do anything..

Untitled-21.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @DivaDoodle thank you for your comment. And welcome to the forum.

YouTube is just starting to put the ads onto small channels. They seem to like the type of ad that can't be skipped. And they like to have lots of them. The best I can hope for is advertisers may not want their ads on my channel.

The world the 30 Grandchildren is in was made by @Rfong7 and it is in her studio on the Exchange. There are a few versions, including Chocolate Cake Island. I cant give you a link as I'm using my tablet as my PC has currently totally divorsed itself from my wifi connection.

I plan to do a few episodes of this series before moving on. I'm not sure which one is next. I think it might be the McFluff Story. But Oscar and the McFluffs are in the same save so it could be possible to come across Oscar occasionally when the focus is about the McFluffs.

Oscar is now a teen and he's about to set out on a series of adventures with Eric and Susanne Koffi. Eric and Susanne were raised at the boarding school. Their parents live in Lucky Palms so I suspect their first adventure might be a visit to Lucky Palms. Their grandmother and several aunts and uncles and cousins live there too. I plan to move the trio between households so I can play all of Eric and Susannes relatives. This will allow Oscar to get to know lots of new sims as well as occasionally coming across old friends from his boarding school school days.

Eric and Susanne are related to sims living in numerous worlds. Once they've done enough travelling Oscar will age up to Young Adult and eventually meet Louise. At that pojjnt the fun and games will really start. Eric's father has 16 siblings and about 6 or 7 half siblings. Many of them are married with children. Some have grand children. It'll take a while to get to know them all. We'll see how it goes. Expect to see several worlds.

I hope you continue to enjoy the videos.
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    :)

MamaSimTee What a shock that Jared died! Poor little daughter. I do like when unexpected things happen though. The first time I played supernatural, as soon as I arrived on the lot Dante Morganthe perished from thirst! so not knowing what to do at the time, had to start again!

Jeansoo Danny Cool is so handsome!

Karritz I look forward to the stories! It seems like it gets complicated with so many sims but with your reminders in the videos it gets my mind back on tract of who's who and from where. : ) BTW that is a great idea to have the IF's as townies to buy the produce from the stands!

DeafSimmer great story, lots of action!

AlexaKry I have been following your Helmquists on the other thread, I'm glad you come here to put a link to get there! you really write a great story, I must say!

What happened in my game: Started a new game in Moonlight Falls. from Pary's family exchange thread I had dl'd Karritz's Oscar & Louise , CravenLestat's Amelina and thuggishsplicer's Aidan McGraw. Thanks to all who made those wonderful sims!
    My play style is just watch the sims and see what they do, as much as possible. As soon as they arrived on the lot, Oscar rushed over to Louise to begin a chat and both got immediate hearts! (I think some of the AI must linger!) And Aiden turned to Amelina and begin chatting with her & getting the hearts! It was a meet and greet sort of day, as they were all new roomates in the house, and since it was summertime they all enjoyed swimming and sunning themselves on the beach towels (cc rugs)
    By noon Aiden wanted to kiss and more with Amelina, (he seems to be a smooth operator!) and she was receptive to his advances. (I have NRAAS mods) As the days wore on, I am getting the feeling he is more into her than she him, but we'll see.
    And before noon, Oscar wanted to Kiss Louise but it was Louise who took the initiative to further the relationship along! lol

Have fun simming!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @DivaDoodle I think you're going to be well entertained by the autonomous antics Oscar and Louise get up to. When I first made them they were just meant to be base game sims because a few people wanted base game only sims for their worlds. Then after a while I decided to try out a couple of them. At first I just had Oscar then I added Louise. I spent so much time laughing at them that I decided I just had to make a video as just plain screen shots couldn't convey the hilarity of their antics. In my game, after Oscar and Louise got married Oscar continued flirting with everyone and even had female fans offering him flowers and literally fighting over him rolling around on the floor. Meanwhile Louise took a shine to a paparazzi and pursued him to the point he'd turn up for work outside their house and see Louise coming and he'd turn and run off home. The thing that entertained me the most though was the fact that they never lost their eternally faithful moodlet.

Happy Simming

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Commentary:

@DeafSimmer You have me intrigued on what they want to do with the twins.

@MamaSimTee Wow that stuff can happen when you're traveling? I might just have to have my sim travel as soon as she's able to do so in the storyline.

Update: I got a Hysterectomy on the 18th which I have wanted for years for reasons I won't get into. Anyway...
    Back to Appaloosa Plains!
    --

Oh wow it’s been a while hasn’t it? Sorry about that.

So basically, I got a job as a Stylist.
    3RnzcVL.jpg

Okay technically I’m only a Fashion Fledgling but shhhh.

You are not going to believe this! Honey Darnell was riding her horse next to my work! Yes, the Honey Darnell!

Can you believe it? I laid eyes on an actual celebrity!
    WzvjfOn.jpg

You wanna know what the worst part is?

I had to go to the Grocery Store at 4:09 AM to get groceries. All I’ve had is the stuff for Macaroni and Cheese. I love Macaroni and Cheese, but a girl wants some variety you know?
    ksUPnzP.jpg

I’ve been making some progress with Dasher.
    lFSCaT0.jpg

Oh and did I mention that Dasher is female? I thought it was a he.

Well I am now officially broke again. Hope I get a promotion soon because this broke stuff isn’t for me.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Jeansoo Danny Cool won because he's hot. Duh. :tongue:
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @DivaDoodle : Welcome to the forums!!
    Thank you for liking my story!
    Can´t wait to see some pictures of your game! It seems as if it is an interesting game. I must say you´ve downloaded some really interesting Sims! :D
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

The Ballan kids are not tired once they arrive home. Since it is summer break for them, they hang out in the yard. Josef and Jillian enjoy playing horseshoes while Dylan drives his imaginary car. Lucas and Lexie play in the treehouse.
    50530307847_1a59cd5732_b.jpg
    50529425953_bd0eb76915_b.jpg
    50530148661_999f725303_b.jpg
    50530307777_21f3c16b90_b.jpg

Victor and Gardenia play in the sauna. (I realized Victor didn't have the right skin on when I had them in the sauna. I guess something got messed up with all the travel recently. He's always been pale, just not that pale. I keep a list of my sims skins so the kids get one or the other parents as they age up.)
    50529426018_1fdfafb0f5_b.jpg
    50530307632_a19e71d9e7_b.jpg
    50530307497_59d0606c68_b.jpg
    50530148216_bf1faef144_b.jpg

Adam and Alice enjoy a chat with Kailena. She is extremely excited about her day to sleep right now anyway. She chatters on about how much fun it was. "It was such a fantastic day Mom and Daddy! I loved all my presents and can't wait to ride my bike with Drew tomorrow. Please tell me he is getting a bike from his parents! I love Lexie. She is so pretty, and she is funny and laughs a lot. It's a little weird that your sister Lexie is my aunt and is just a couple of years older than me. The water balloon fight was just epic! We all got soaked! It was the best fun! We should do it again sometime. I was happy that Briana and Bran came and played too. I think Josef couldn't take his eyes off Briana. I was able to knock him down once when he was staring at her and didn't dodge. She's so pretty, I can understand why. Would that be weird if they got together? Except, I know Briana has a crush on someone else. But I'm not telling who! She told me about it when she was babysitting me when I was little. I guess she thought I wouldn't remember. It's a girl's secret. My first one so, of course, I can't tell you. Do we have any cake left? Maybe I'll get sleepy if I eat another piece of cake."
    She finally slows down talking enough that Alice is able to get a word in. "Yes, there is a little cake left, and you can have a small piece. It makes us both very happy that you had a great birthday. Your Dad will go with you. I need to feed your brother and put him to bed." Alice hugs her tightly before they go downstairs.
    Adam looks a little dazed from the rapid-fire chatter that just happened, but willingly goes downstairs with Kailena and fixes both of them a piece of cake. He smiles as she continues her chatter and jumps from one subject to the next without expecting a reply. He wonders if Alice was like this as a child. Most likely, she did get excited easily in her teens. He answers her questions as she takes a bite of her cake. He treasures all these moments with her and hopes she will always feel this comfortable talking to him. After she finishes her cake, her energy is gone. He picks her up and carries her to her room, hugs her tightly, and tucks her into bed. "Sleep well, little one. Remember, Daddy is always here. I love you."
    "Night Daddy, I love you."
    50530148321_c783a89077_b.jpg
    50627042067_9e07bf4518_b.jpg
    50626948096_a1d25c4ae3_b.jpg
    50626948056_16124893f6_b.jpg
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Just when I thought I was finally given a break, I get woke up at the crack of dawn by a burglar breaking into the house. Thank the Watcher that my Uncle had a burglar alarm installed.

BgsS2Gl.jpg

z7dj7Kg.jpg

The officer ordered me to step outside so that we could talk.

“Good Morning ma’am my name is Officer Devoir. We received word at the station that your burglar alarm was going off.”

29RgVLH.jpg

“We’ve surveyed the house for your belongings, and put them where you can find them. As for the lowlife that has nothing better to do than steal for living, we’ll make sure they get the full extent of the law.”

I watched as the lowlife that stole my stuff was taken into the police car. Good riddance thief!

If that wasn’t bad enough, I’m late for work!

Why can’t something in my life go right for once?

If I didn’t desperately need the money I’d take the day off, but I can’t afford the day off.

Everytime a client comes in for a makeover, they complain that I “didn’t give them what they asked for”.

That’s a big fat lie. I gave them what they asked for, they just don’t know fashion when they see it.

I FINALLY GOT A PROMOTION!!!!!!
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    My wife is a major Queen fan and considering I'm going "nuts" with the setup for this reset... I thought it would be quite fitting to place this song here...as a soundtrack to my losing my ever-lovin' mind.
    https://youtu.be/Od6hY_50Dh0

...and with my legacy that I'm "rebooting"

All my friends on the Sims Forums in unison: "AGAIN????!!!" ~sheepish grin~.

Yeah the founders are going to be played from "infancy"...yes, it involves a lot of stuff.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Haruo's Dad - Yasunobu (mother Mayumi is outside)

Screenshot-4.jpg
    I'm sure most of you know who this is. For those who don't... it's Fiona McIrish.

...and eventually. Haruo and River will end up like this.
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    Today, I made a sim named Snow and she is currently dating Christopher Collins. She recently had a baby girl named Aurora.

Frt0TLE.jpg
    HwsSC48.jpg
    A0vlycg.jpg
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Maxwell and Zoe are officially bf/gf. Had to switch out her diva trait to flirty go get their relationship going. I'm definitely making them the next two sims to play with for the next generation. We'll have to wait and see what I do with the Twins, Jaxon, and Lukas.
    I finally got Rosalie to break up with Derek when he appeared in his ghost form.
    Except now I can't get Rosalie and Branch past "Romantic Interest". Going steady option won't appear no matter what I have her do.
    I thought about just having Rosalie's mother Julietta move in, but she has a cat and three kittens who I doubt Russell, Rosie and Rocky would get along with. At least I know she's not lonely.

In my next play session the twins will become Teenagers. At least then they can do laundry and help take care of Lukas.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi ho been playing again for a couple of days. And started to build my own little resort. https://imgur.com/a/xqmpjEF
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 818 Member
    Haven't been playing recently as I am preparing myself for January next year, which means The Oakley Legacy will be going on a hiatus. Basically, I will be taking a series of Online Courses so I won't be playing as much.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    The Chikamori Selfacy (A Reboot)
    Prologue:

June 12, 1970; Sacred Spleen Hospital, Sunset Valley, British Columbia, Canada

Fiona McIrish had never been in so much pain in her life. As a matter of fact, she believed she’d never felt this degree of pain before even when menstruating. This was sheer agony, like having one’s bottom lip pulled out ten feet then yanked over one’s head and stapled to the back of one’s neck; it was that excruciating. In fact, she felt that she could probably tolerate stepping on a stone-fish more than she could endure the birthing process that she was undergoing at this very moment. And she was alone.

Caeden had removed himself from the picture nine months earlier when she’d informed him of her pregnancy. In fact, he’d vanished so quickly, he’d left skid marks on the pavement and a smell of smoke in the air. His loss. The pain and devastation from the fact that he’d abandoned her had given way to pain unimaginable as Fiona had never been pregnant before.

And it was a long sixteen hours of labour having been brought by ambulance to the Sacred Spleen Hospital at four o’clock in the morning after rupture of the amniotic sac in the middle of the night. It was now eight o‘clock at night.

Doctor Ellis, a female obstetrician, smiled at her, “You’re ten centimeters dilated and the baby has moved into the birth canal. Your contractions should be coming between 2-3 minutes apart. We’ll get you to push as soon as I determine where your baby is situated.” She said snapping on a set of shoulder length medical examination gloves.

Fiona’s eyes widened.

“Now. I’m going to need you to relax...because I’m going to have to feel around in here.” Oh...god...Fiona winced as the doctor slipped her hand in to feel around for the baby’s head. “She’s in a good position...” The doctor looked up at her, her smiling face between Fiona’s own thighs and knees.

“I...hope...aaaaahhhh..” The last word was bitten off as another contraction hit replaced by a pained groan. Dimly in the back of her mind, she could hear the scream of yet another mother in another birthing room and the cry of a newborn.

The rest of the memory of childbirth was washed away in a sea of pain as the doctor exhorted her to “push...now...”

June 13, 1970. Nursery, Sacred Spleen, Sunset Valley, BC

Fiona McIrish looked down at the perfect little human being that was laying in the crib labelled River Annette McIrish, River, because Fiona had always liked that name, Annette for Fiona’s mother. Beside her on the left hand side was another baby from an Asian family; her landlord’s family with whom she was sharing a room. The father, Yasunobu, was at the cribside looking down at that child with a smile playing about his lips. Fiona felt a pang of pain. At least that father had the guts to stay with the mother and support his offspring. I wish Caeden wasn’t so gutless as to have abandoned River and me. Fiona thought to herself, a flash of anger aimed at the absent Caeden. The baby was a cute little one and Fiona watched Yasunobu interact with his child.
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    Was it chance that the man’s baby, a son, was placed by her daughter’s natal crib? As Yasunobu placed his son back in his crib beside River’s crib, River started to fuss. As if by predetermined signal, Yasunobu’s baby rolled to one side to face her daughter...his newborn eyes still closed. The baby waved his hands in the air...as if reaching for her crying newborn infant...and gradually, River’s fussing subsided to a sniffle. Fiona was amazed as she looked over at her landlord whose eyebrows had nearly receded into his hairline which was a miracle in itself as the man kept his hair short.
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    “My son...like your baby...” was all Yasunobu said.
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Fiona was dumbstruck. When she could speak, she nodded, “I guess so...” was her reply. They both quietly looked down upon their mutual children as the two babies laid in their crib.
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Fiona had a feeling that she was going to see a lot of the little male baby over the following years and both she and Yasunobu stood together in silence contemplating a future that they had yet to take a single step down.
    Screenshot-32.jpg

June 14, 1970, Nursery, Sacred Spleen, Sunset Valley, BC

Fiona nodded to the doctor as the doctor gave her last minute care instructions on how to care for the remnants of the severed umbilical cord which would eventually shrivel up and fall off to form a belly button.
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    “Make sure that you’re gentle when you apply the vaseline to the site of the cord.” the doctor informed her as she wrapped the baby in a blanket placing a hood on the baby’s head to keep the baby who was still trying to regulate her own boby temperature out of the sun. Gus and Dorie Hart had offered to help her get River home. The baby fussed slightly as the blanket was wrapped around her.
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Dorie mentioned to Fiona, “We still have the carseat from when Bebe came home, hitched to the back seat of the car...so at least we can help you get her home safely.” Child safety restraint in the seventies were the realm of choice of the parent. The parent could choose to place the child in a safety-restraint, or they could choose to hold the child, provided that they weren’t driving. Bebe was a year old already and was learning how to crawl and Dorie had her hands full. This, being 1970, meant that a lot of people believed in the goodness of the community and everyone pitched in to help. It was why Fiona and Dorie got along so well. They helped each other, Dorie would need Fiona to run and fetch groceries when Bebe was being particularly trying and Dorie would help Fiona with River and babysitting when Fiona returned to work from maternity leave.
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Less so community oriented were the Altos who lived up in the posh neighbourhood with the large houses. The Altos aspired to West Vancouver eliteness with the mega-mansions, however they were small potatoes compared to the likes of the Landgraabs who were old Vancouver money but chose to live a less prestigious life in Sunset Valley. It was oft suspected that Nick Alto was somehow connected and few dared to cross him. Those who did often were taught a lesson at the hands of some of his friends.

Anyhow, what the Altos did was none of Fiona's business and she set to making sure that River was taken care of, fed, pampered, and kept clean. Yasunobu and her had had a discussion that she would do what she could to get some money together and eventually, she would purchase the home from the Chikamoris and that would be her place to live and where River would be able to grow up.
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    It was a possibility that she could never have thought was possible. And she was grateful for any help that she could possibly receive.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,674 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hilal "Viper" El Hassan and Cali Calinga
    In my sims story Viper's right eye is actually fake
    D3smnA.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww
    D3slh8.jpg

Awwwwwwww! Cutie Fansu!
    D3s39S.jpg

I saw this scene
    Slain your mask
    D3sJXj.jpg
    D3sGcQ.jpg

Your snakie is angry!
    D3swNV.jpg
    D3sdA0.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    Morning fellow simmers!

Karritz Your Oscar & Louise sound hilarious! I am laughing as I sit here with morning coffee imagining Louise running after the paparazzi, that is just too funny! Ha they were flirting their heads off and yet still eternally faithful LOL I should get my setting on nraas mods to be same as yours! haha I must ask, do you have kiss set as a non romantic gesture? Anyway, If I get even only a pinch of what you got I will be happy! I love them already in my game, they are just so outgoing and amiable, they love to go up to perfect strangers to chat and get to know them they are just so very friendly!

wolfkomoki1 you have a pretty sim, love your sense of humor! I really like the stylist career, even though the client sims can be so picky in their judging of the style created for them! frustratin! Burglars bah! ooo congrats on the promotion!

AlexaKry yes they are amazing sims I downloaded alright! they are all verrry easy on the eyes! The creators are so good at making sims! I could never get sims this great looking by myself, all I do usually when I make a sims is just pick the basic one the game shows, pick a new eye and make the mouth not so thin and lower it, I just want to play and not spend but a moment in cas.

bekkasan wow your pictures are amazing, all caught at Just the perfect moment! I love that vampire bite on the neck! Gosh when I first saw it in one of my games and how the vampire lover looked at her after the bite!*faints* Victor and Gardenia are gorgeous in the hottub! omg that look on their faces!*sigh*love! ~~~ "Adam looks a little dazed from the rapid-fire chatter that just happened'' bwahahahahahaa love that! what a great story!

Nikkei_Simmer good luck on the reboot! I'm glad that you have this story that you like to write and rewrite! ah great song pic! my mind wandered tho, to 'oooo that guy would make a perfect vampire in the game! ' : ) Oh nice story, cute babies! I like Fiona!

Schmoloop Snow is pretty! I love when the baby will hold the parents face when playing! it melts my heart!

rubyskywalker I like your story! I have never played Branch before, he is awfully tricky in my game I think he just super loves to play fairy tricks more than the usual faery!

KrayzieStryker wow nice resort!

~~~What happened in my game: Morning came and Aiden was the first to wake up. he didn't get up tho, he just rested on top of the covers, ah he has something on his mind I think! ah yes sure enough as soon as Amelina awakens. he invites Amelina to cuddle for a half a second and then they disappear under the covers! Okay great start to the day, a fun day that will be Aiden's bachelor party! Until the guests arrive the roommates have fun in the swimming pool (sometimes I dislike the pull the pool has for sims in the summertime, its a bit much, I'm thinking I should put some sprinklers and a slipNslide in the yard so I don't have to constantly worry about drowning)

During Aiden's bachelor party, where everyone was have a fun crazy time, something happened and I don't know why! Aiden wanted to slow dance with his love but she kept walking away from him. He decided to fast dance with her but still she didn't want to dance with him. hmmm why? he is a good dancer already by the looks of things. He tried 4 different times during the party (which lasted until daylight the following day) Somehow Amelina just didn't want to dance with her betrothed. hmmmm so I decided to step in and had Amelina ask Aiden to dance, she walks over to him, and he stops his dancing solo to wait for her approach, and then she just turns her back on him and dances solo! what?!! But he is so nice and handsome! OK I will let it slide. She must have something going on but she sure doesn't let the watcher, or Aiden know with wishes or thought bubbles--nada-- one of the party dancers Ophelia Moves whom I like very much from games past, comes over and talks with Aiden, they chat until they become friends. (I decide to pull her into cas and make her YA and give her better hair because I like her and she's just a very nice sim.) the other party dancer comes over to him , She tries to flirt but he just makes a funny face! haha good man! Oscr and Louise dance with each other and everyone else at the party. They sneek off at one point, but i can already guess what they are up to and stay with the party. They return later and continue dancing.
    When the roommates got too tired to party any longer, they went to bed, of course Oscar and Louise preceded their sleep with some loving, then sigh, then dream about each other. Aiden casts a longing look to Amelina but she ignores him so he goes to his bed. My sims seem to be telepathic and sometimes then act after seeming to telepathically speak to each other. Like his longing look to Amelina "Come to sleep?" Amelina 'NO'. Amelina is very very tired but doesn't go to bed. There are sleeping bags I put out earlier for the guests if they need to crash, She isn't interested. She decides to get in the hot tub and stays there until her energy bar is completely red lined. I'm scared she might drown in the hot tub, I'm mad at her for still not giving me any indication of what's up, in wishes or thought bubbles, so I just leave her there, save and quit.

~~~Until next time! have fun simming!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top