Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Possibly-unpopular opinion: I want a refresh of Cats and Dogs, mainly to get some additional, more versatile color swatches for the BB stuff. Right now it's frustratingly difficult to match C&D furniture, windows, doors, and other build features with anything outside that pack.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I really don't care if a High School Pack is in Sims 4. Regular mundane play is so boring to me. Zzz
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion/unpopular urge that might get me banned if actually acted on*: from here on out, I’m going to go into every thread about anything I didn’t want in my game and loudly proclaim how useless it is, because I didn’t want it.
    *which I won’t
    LOL, pretty sure there is a secret club you can join for that.
    Oooh! I wonder if they have refreshments! Is the club jacket cool?

I know who Greg is!

I don't care for Greg's refreshments! :|

Can I get away with a The Mighty Boosh reference without getting flagged? XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I don’t want elderly content. It just doesn’t interest me at all.

I think people complaining about parties affected the university pack. That could have used way more partying.

I like set dressing. Sure I want more lots but i don’t want them to remove all the fake houses/buildings and decor. Also don’t want a bunch of empty lots. What I do want is every world do have a commercial neighborhood/area.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have no desire to add body hair to my Sims. I don't even use beards much because I like to see my characters' facial expressions. I especially do not want armpit hair, sorry, but I like my Sims cartoony and unrealistic and the idea of Sims with body hair slightly grosses me out.
    If there is going to be an update with this in, please let it be an optional extra that we can turn off.
    I do not want my merman, who has scales, to suddenly sprout a growth of underarm fuzz!
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have no desire to add body hair to my Sims. I don't even use beards much because I like to see my characters' facial expressions. I especially do not want armpit hair, sorry, but I like my Sims cartoony and unrealistic and the idea of Sims with body hair slightly grosses me out.
    If there is going to be an update with this in, please let it be an optional extra that we can turn off.
    I do not want my merman, who has scales, to suddenly sprout a growth of underarm fuzz!

I mean, if you look at the sims 3, sims didn't grow hairs, you could apply to them in CAS, and shave in the spa rabbit holes as a gameplay element, and that was it.
    I think it will be the same thing in the sims 4, but I wonder if townies will start spawn with body hair too
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I don't want "free babies", babies need to stay in baby jail (the bassinet) where they belong.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    In my opinion Henford on Bagley has the worst townies. On the other hand the best premade sims are in Windenburg. I love the diversity, but in Henford of Bagley premade sims variation has killed provincional, rural spirit of the world. Henford of Bagley should have been something like Sulani is for polynesian culture or Mt Komorebi for japaniese culture.
  • Options
    PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    I don't like when toddlers wake sims up in the night so I lock the door on them.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Pluttskutt wrote: »
    I don't like when toddlers wake sims up in the night so I lock the door on them.

Lol, that's cruel. 😄
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

I disabled nightmares and monsters under beds with MCCC. It was cute to soothe them a couple times, but when it's happened more than a few times it just ruins the night lol.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    I think male sims have enough clothing options, I'm happy just using base game hairstyles and clothes for them.
  • Options
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

I disabled nightmares and monsters under beds with MCCC. It was cute to soothe them a couple times, but when it's happened more than a few times it just ruins the night lol.

Not sure, you know about this but, I find that the Lullabies radio station helped keep nightmares away for my toddlers, and there's a base game light that also keeps the monster under the bed away as well.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    In my opinion Henford on Bagley has the worst townies. On the other hand the best premade sims are in Windenburg. I love the diversity, but in Henford of Bagley premade sims variation has killed provincional, rural spirit of the world. Henford of Bagley should have been something like Sulani is for polynesian culture or Mt Komorebi for japaniese culture.

Yeah, I kind of agree here. For a world that is based on the English/Scottish/Irish/Welsh countryside, there is a lot of diversity. Not to say that can be inaccurate, far from it, but it feels too diverse to feel 100% accurate of how the British Isles actually is if I'm being honest. Especially if Henford on Bagley is as rural as the world intends it to be.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Not sure, you know about this but, I find that the Lullabies radio station helped keep nightmares away for my toddlers, and there's a base game light that also keeps the monster under the bed away as well.

Nice! I didn't know that :)
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    I don't like Bust the Dust, the dust is super annoying.
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    enskij wrote: »
    I don't like Bust the Dust, the dust is super annoying.

I think this one is mentioned most often in this thread. 😄
  • Options
    enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    Oh and I like the emotions and emotional deaths in Sims 4! They're a crucial part of the game in my opinion.
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member

Haha, I used to do that too along with the kids that wake sims up when "spraying the monster under the bed" doesn't work. Now, I use the night light for them and that keeps them in their beds.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member

I wouldn't mind the option for some chest hair only. I find some of the beards unsusable because they fit oddly on the sim's face too as though it's more of a costume piece on their face. Not sure why it looks like that, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I don't think we need more recipes/new foods. What is with all the freaking recipes? People seem to like when there are more, but I just don't get it.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I don't think we need more recipes/new foods. What is with all the freaking recipes? People seem to like when there are more, but I just don't get it.

I'm with you on that.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I think it's likely more that the "improved" lots look a lot more cookie-cutter, fresh-out-of-ikea sort of thing. Especially because that's the BB style. Pop-up cardboardy stuff that feels like it'll knock off with a strong storm. But then again, I have issues with trends in archeture and building. White walls. White walls and blandest of looks. BLECH.

Still, I get ya. Heck, I myself really enjoy the NAPs in general, and even the politics simulation aspect of it! Which is very tricky when I play rotationally. :P

I do really like how Evergreen Harbor does have shifting world based on those NAPs and I wish it was more of a thing for other worlds.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited June 2022
    This is a small storm that has been brewing in the back of my mind, especially since a select few early occults have been underdeveloped.

I’m really hopeful that merfolk FAMILIES get more attention. I’ve done very different builds for my merfolk, and I CAN NOT play the younger life stages in those builds BECAUSE they are essentially human children. My merfolk use a pool to sleep instead of a bed. If I play the child life stage and younger, I have to make some very awkward builds to support the human children living with their merfolk parents.

I can’t use mods because of the platform I play on.

They can’t sleep in the water like their parents, and I discovered that merFOLK, mermaid is a misrepresentation of two genders, can perform all the interactions in a mirror that came before Island Living while in the water, but they CAN’T perform the interactions from packs that came after.

Merfolk DO have built in cross pack features, because their ability to control weather comes from the Seasons pack.

I guess they never expected people to want to play merfolk in the water. I mean, it is frustrating that they didn’t even create a unique interaction to substitute snorkeling and the free diving is a rabbit hole. Even the beach cave is a rabbit hole.

I love playing my merfolk, but there are a few things that frustrate me too. It almost seemed like a lazy excuse to not create content.

Also, Sirens are half-bird creatures in mythology… And it’s clear that, by using the Siren terminology, they didn’t actually research merfolk for inspiration. Yes, merfolk can be Sirens of the Sea, but that connection to the actual bird-women, sirens, comes from their innate musical talent. Most stories depicting merfolk emphasize their beauty, handsomeness, their singing voice, and the various instruments they regularly play. Merfolk in stories, true merfolk, and not sirens, are depicted blowing on conch shells like a trumpet, Triton the Trumpeter of the Sea, playing the Violin or Lyre, Fossgrim, Nix, Nixie, and Nokk.

The popular appearance of merfolk that is used from Disney comes from Havmand and Havfrue…

The Conch Shell is the most accurate feature of merfolk in the Sims 4, but the Siren elements aren’t as accurate to merfolk as one might think.

I know I’m being a little critical, but the Island Living pack included so much research into Polynesian Culture, but they took so many shortcuts with merfolk that it feels so incomplete.

Also, please oh please use the right gender term for merpeople when you create the title for your stories. If you include a story about a merman, I will never find it if you don’t use the right word. If I want to watch a show about merfolk or read a story about merfolk, I never use the term Siren, and I never search the term mermaid for mermen.

Merfolk have a huge audience on the global scale, but you have to use the right words if you want that audience to find your works. The Sims 4 does a huge disservice calling the merfolk occults mermaids. Most people who know merfolk know the difference.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top