Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2022
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Pluttskutt wrote: »
    I don't like when toddlers wake sims up in the night so I lock the door on them.

I disabled nightmares and monsters under beds with MCCC. It was cute to soothe them a couple times, but when it's happened more than a few times it just ruins the night lol.

Nightmares proceeded to be far less charming when I realized the little devils are actually hard-wired to wake someone up and, in fact, the scenario doesn't even seem to happen if nobody else is asleep. A vampire dad who never sleeps was standing there like "O hey kid", toddler is like "Lol don't care for I'm on a mission to wake up my poor exhausted mortal mother AND my siblings". Would be more immersive and cute if they just went to their favorite person or closest one or something instead of only wanting to wake up the whole household 😑.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    I don't like when toddlers wake sims up in the night so I lock the door on them.

I disabled nightmares and monsters under beds with MCCC. It was cute to soothe them a couple times, but when it's happened more than a few times it just ruins the night lol.

Nightmares proceeded to be far less charming when I realized the little devils are actually hard-wired to wake someone up and, in fact, the scenario doesn't even seem to happen if nobody else is asleep. A vampire dad who never sleeps was standing there like "O hey kid", toddler is like "Lol don't care for I'm on a mission to wake up my poor exhausted mortal mother AND my siblings". Would be more immersive and cute if they just went to their favorite person or closest one or something instead of only wanting to wake up the whole household 😑.

Yes, exactly! It was just constantly waking everyone up and slowing down my speed clock. It’s almost the same as the pets waking them up but even more annoying!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • imelfamilyimelfamily Posts: 18 Member
    I don't like that either - I was glad when I found the night light to stop the monster under the bed...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I find the tunnel exploration part of the werewolf pack completely boring and repetitive.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2022
    I don’t understand the angst over white ceilings. I’m 50 years old and have never once in my life lived in a house that had painted ceilings, every ceiling in every room of every house I have ever lived in (and it’s a sizable number) has been white, even if the walls were painted a color. Same with friends and family’s homes I have visited over the years, plain white ceilings. Except my grandma’s cabin, those ceilings were unpainted sealed wood. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I find the tunnel exploration part of the werewolf pack completely boring and repetitive.

Not to mention impossible to contract werebies. I was lead to believe that it was a possibility and maybe I'm just being super unlucky, but I've had my tester sim down there nearly every day and they've only come across the "growling" once or twice and both times it just leads to her finding spoiled food. This is pretty lame, like for a storytelling perspective, I want my sim to accidentally contract werebies and become a werewolf then spend time finding a cure before deciding if they want to be cured or not. But it's a heck of a lot harder than it needs to be, maybe this is to combat the frequency of certain things, but even then, it's a pita. Again, I could be very unlucky with the RNG, but still, it's annoying.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Thrior wrote: »

It's especially prevalent in multi-sim households, I've done tests with toddlers and child sims in single-parent households and they will stop once they wake up the only adult sim on the lot. Otherwise, they keep waking everyone until the final sim they wake goes and sprays the monster. It's so annoying that they programmed the child/toddler to wake everyone instead of just focusing on the one they first woke.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

Not to mention impossible to contract werebies. I was lead to believe that it was a possibility and maybe I'm just being super unlucky, but I've had my tester sim down there nearly every day and they've only come across the "growling" once or twice and both times it just leads to her finding spoiled food. This is pretty lame, like for a storytelling perspective, I want my sim to accidentally contract werebies and become a werewolf then spend time finding a cure before deciding if they want to be cured or not. But it's a heck of a lot harder than it needs to be, maybe this is to combat the frequency of certain things, but even then, it's a pita. Again, I could be very unlucky with the RNG, but still, it's annoying.

Not impossible, my sim became a werewolf that way. I just kept going in over and over until she got bit.
    Behappy1st wrote: »

Not impossible, my sim became a werewolf that way. I just kept going in over and over until she got bit.

I just mean it feels impossible. Like it's way too hard and feels more like a chore than a random chance.
  • Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    Unpopular opinion: Journey to Batuu is worth it solely because of Hondo Ohnaka
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so like Batuu & one day I will make Chewie for my Scrandle Household. ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @halloweenchild
    are you choosing "Investigate the Growling" when you get to the Growling card? I got bit on my first time in the tunnels when I did that
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Apparently it's an unpopular opinion that I really don't like open worlds. I didn't like it in Sims 3 because travelling everywhere would take ages, and sometimes I'd lose track of a sim and find them on the other side of town and have to wait for them to come home. I don't get the obsession with wanting to follow your sims to school either, and the hatred for rabbit holes. Sometimes it's nice to just send a sim off to a rabbit hole and let them do their thing without having to micro-manage everything.

I agree with you now, though I didn’t like the loading screens when TS4 came out. I also like that I can play in multiple worlds in the same game. I think there has to a balance between open world and hitting a loading screen to visit your next door neighbor, though. My preference would be open neighborhoods in EPs, and game packs with 5 lots shouldn’t need loading screens at all except to enter/leave or maybe for a special venue.

And, I never follow anyone to work or school unless it’s a very active career, so I’m good with rabbit holes for those and the fridge for groceries.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I don’t see the allure in woohooing Greg.

Me either. Looks like domestic violence would be a problem with that one.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't understand the desire for fairies. As far as I'm concerned, the Sims are basically magical, even the ordinary ones who are not occult. They teleport, can live forever if the player wants, and can perform mischievous actions on other Sims. They don't have wings, but there's a mod to take care of that, and colored skin and pointy ears are doable.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    As for the monster under the bed, the kids go to great lengths to wake up their parents. Ember ran up three stories and entered the pool to wake up her dad...

50901846526_78fa0472be_b.jpg

50901963887_5f9f9cb240_b.jpg

She almost couldn't wake him up in the water. lol, but that didn't stop her.

50901963867_83da66b022_b.jpg

50901846456_f7a021b63d_b.jpg
    edited June 2022
    @halloweenchild
    are you choosing "Investigate the Growling" when you get to the Growling card? I got bit on my first time in the tunnels when I did that

Yes, I am choosing that option, every time, the growling stops and my sim finds spoiled food instead. I know it's the option that leads to contracting werebies, it's like a giant neon sign that points "THIS IS HOW YOU GET WEREBIES!!". XD It just keeps "failing"
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Aw sorry about that @halloweenchild
    Surely it will work eventually!
    Aw sorry about that @halloweenchild
    Surely it will work eventually!

I hope so, there's no reason why it should "fail" so much, especially when I'm actively trying to contract it aha.
    Probably not really an unpopular opinion, but I really hate how werewolves and vampires start out with negative friendships. It's so annoying to try and raise the friendship when every attempt at being "friendly" is automatically rejected and only met with mean replies. But I guess the 'fur vs fang" is what was asked for so it's what we got. Such a hassle.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I don't understand the desire for fairies. As far as I'm concerned, the Sims are basically magical, even the ordinary ones who are not occult. They teleport, can live forever if the player wants, and can perform mischievous actions on other Sims. They don't have wings, but there's a mod to take care of that, and colored skin and pointy ears are doable.

If I mod wings onto a spell caster whom I have made immortal and had max out the herbalism skill, and the spell caster skill tree don’t I essentially have a fairy?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top