Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Probably unpopular, but the werewolves look terrible. Like some saturday morning cartoon characters. Then again I guess we can't expect anyone or anything from sims 4 to look intimidating.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I don't like much lore and I'd rather the effort went into animating or more BB/CAS. I'm making my own story up in my own game.
    A few funny or cryptic descriptions on items or a plaque with town info is great, things like that.
    Lore through chatting to NPCs or in any way that requires my sim to follow some kind of crumb trail, no thanks. That's not content to me. I did enjoy Strangerville though so there's an exception. Maybe because I was getting my sims to do involved things and the lore/story felt more like a by product of what I was doing rather than the end goal.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited June 2022
    Apricus wrote: »
    I feel like this is the only sims community that’s not an absolute toxic waste. The forums has its flaws, sure, but I think everyone is pretty respectful. You go over to Twitter, Reddit, or anywhere else and it’s everyone forcing their opinions and complaining about everything.
    I know what EA does, but geez, they really can’t do anything right in the eyes of the fans. People beg years for werewolves, we get werewolves. People complain they never wanted werewolves.

Yeah, it wears me out, the number of people who seem to hate this game and want to make sure you don’t enjoy it either. The game has its problems, but every game does. Constructive criticism is one thing. Attempting to burn it all to the ground because it doesn’t personally suit you is a different thing altogether. Even with its flaws, I enjoy the game. At least here you can have some fun and productive interactions about it with minimal toxicity.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Apricus wrote: »
    I feel like this is the only sims community that’s not an absolute toxic waste. The forums has its flaws, sure, but I think everyone is pretty respectful. You go over to Twitter, Reddit, or anywhere else and it’s everyone forcing their opinions and complaining about everything.
    I know what EA does, but geez, they really can’t do anything right in the eyes of the fans. People beg years for werewolves, we get werewolves. People complain they never wanted werewolves.

Yeah, it wears me out, the number of people who seem to hate this game and want to make sure you don’t enjoy it either. The game has its problems, but every game does. Constructive criticism is one thing. Attempting to burn it all to the ground because it doesn’t personally suit you is a different thing altogether. Even with its flaws, I enjoy the game. At least here you can have some fun and productive interactions about it with minimal toxicity.

Even on here it can get to me sometimes. It isn't nearly as bad as other places, but it can still get to me. I just started skipping people's posts when they start complaining. I am fine with constructive criticism. Or the little personal things we don't care for.. But when it's just a flow of why I don't like X, especially when X is a thing that you created in your own imagination and now you are annoyed Maxis didn't give it you... Or the team sucks because here is my list of complaints.. ugh. I just can't read that stuff.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Move on. Why do you have to spit in everyone else's cornflakes?

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I think the werewolves look fantastic just as they are. They looked absolutely awful in all the previous iterations. This version is a drastic improvement.

**quickly runs off stage before the tomatoes start flying**

Dont worry, my tomatoes are home grown and far too precious to throw. I'll bag them for you to take home.
    I think that even those of us complaining about the look would all agree that they are still far better than previous sims games. :)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I think the werewolves look fantastic just as they are. They looked absolutely awful in all the previous iterations. This version is a drastic improvement.

Dont worry, my tomatoes are home grown and far too precious to throw. I'll bag them for you to take home.
    I think that even those of us complaining about the look would all agree that they are still far better than previous sims games. :)

Even more than that, they are far better than no werewolves at all. I'd rather compromise a little, to keep from losing a lot.

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    That werewolf pack will just fail either way because they would not dare to let them actually be dangerous, same as with vampires. They won't be able to bite their enemies or stuff like that, will probably have to politely ask to bite someone if they are friends, or friends being able to ask it of a werewolf.

Just don't even bother putting that stuff in the game if not daring to actually do anything with it.

Vampires might be nerfed now, but they weren't always. if anything, Vampire gameplay is quite superior in that we can force sims to give up their plasma and change them against their will as well (well ok, not really, but you can offer to turn friends and grow your vampire following from there.) So I have no reason not to suspect that Werewolves won't be the same, if anything, going by the reveal trailer, sims can be turned into werewolves against their will.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I like the fact that Spellcasters aren’t the cliché pointy hat witches/warlocks, and I love the Art Nouveau aesthetic of RoM.

That's my favorite thing about them - their lack of over-the-top cliché. I was pleasantly surprised by that when I first researched the pack before getting it. It's the main reason I did. Subtlety isn't this game's strong suit, which is fine for what it is. But I like that we have the freedom to play Spellcasters in more ways than "the usual suspects." They can be mostly normal sims with extra talents or hideous cackling crones with sickly green skin if we want, or we can do a variety of types between those and even farther outside the box if we're really feeling creative.

Same! Wile I am sad at the lack of being able to opt into the traditional "witchy" look, I am quite happy with the more Art Nouveau/moderniseation direction they went with the pack. It's certainly refreshing after the traditional look they had in TS2&3.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited June 2022
    CelSims wrote: »

Exactly, I think the biggest problem with werewolves, is the overall art design of TS4. Nothing the team could come up with, would look objectively "scary". Work with what you've got, is all I'm going to say.

That being said, at least they look more like wolves than they did in TS3, which took too much inspiration from Teen Wolf... >.>
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

**Acts like a body shield and covers you from the tomatoes**

I’m with you here, never played earlier versions but from pics I’ve seen, they would trigger my old nightmares.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
    edited June 2022

**Acts like a body shield and covers you from the tomatoes**

Not only am I with you, acting as a shield, I brought my own tomatoes and eggs to throw back at them.😁

There's nothing wrong with the looks of these werewolves. I wanted beasts too, but I'm happy and content with these, because at the end of the day, all that matters is we have werewolves back in our lives....and they don't look anything like the hairy humans.

That's my hill.🐺

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I like the Beast form of the new Werewolves in Sims 4. Way better than Sims 3.
    And I like the 1980s cool outfits & hair. Rock On!! :pB)>:)<3

Unpopular opinion/unpopular urge that might get me banned if actually acted on*: from here on out, I’m going to go into every thread about anything I didn’t want in my game and loudly proclaim how useless it is, because I didn’t want it.
    *which I won’t

LOL, pretty sure there is a secret club you can join for that.

Oooh! I wonder if they have refreshments! Is the club jacket cool?

I know who Greg is!

Unpopular opinion/unpopular urge that might get me banned if actually acted on*: from here on out, I’m going to go into every thread about anything I didn’t want in my game and loudly proclaim how useless it is, because I didn’t want it.
    *which I won’t

I know who Greg is!

Well...

giphy.gif

*which I won’t

I know who Greg is!

Well...

giphy.gif

*waves hands in mysterious manner* I have given you the clues. Remember, you must beware!

edited June 2022

*which I won’t

I know who Greg is!

Well...

giphy.gif

*waves hands in mysterious manner* I have given you the clues. Remember, you must beware!

There's something happening here
    But what it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    A-telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop
    Children, what's that sound?
    Everybody look what's going down

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Can we please try to stay on topic? Thanks...

Actually, my post was on topic as it relates to the previous post I quoted. It was perhaps needlessly cryptic, but was absolutely on topic.

Actually, my post was on topic as it relates to the previous post I quoted. It was perhaps needlessly cryptic, but was absolutely on topic.

No I think they were talking to me, and I misinterpreted you're post. My bad.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022
    *which I won’t

I know who Greg is!

I don't care for Greg's refreshments! :|

Post edited by Chaotic_Moira on
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't care that some players are bored with Sims 4. I'm not. B)

Me neither :grin:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • suqarsimsuqarsim Posts: 2 New Member
    Pets are kind of dumb- I was so excited for the pack as I assumed you could control the pet or have more interactions with it. The pack was disappointing (I'm glad we have pets, but I was expecting so much more)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top