Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited June 2018
    Huh but I don't see any of that on my wordpress. o.o Do I have to do it in a new post or something? Not the one I'm trying to put it into?

I guess I just had to create an account on the site, and than just made a poll there and embeded it. Thank you!!

Poll and newest 7sins chapter up all in one!
    The table of contents for this story is also going to get a facelift soon. Including a "rules for my challenge" page that I'm going to get set up. Though it's more like. What rules i'm using for my own story telling in this I suppose
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @CathyTea Wonderful! I had my final exam last week, so I'm actually not a student anymore - I'm a doctor now! It's so weird, I still can't wrap my head around that :lol:

How are you? Do you have a new SimLit project?

knowing cathtea yes. sometimes 2 or 3 . she sometimes gets 2or 3 but one gets executed while the others rest. til she can't stand it. lol.
  • Options
    @CathyTea Wonderful! I had my final exam last week, so I'm actually not a student anymore - I'm a doctor now! It's so weird, I still can't wrap my head around that :lol:

congrats thats awesome.
  • Options
    i got spammed again. i didn't expect everyone on wp to like adrien and kris. so not suprised there.

i was supried i was spammed about little noel. adriens son. he has autism spectrum disorder. thanks to a new mod i found. it bugs me because 2 of my cousins are autistic.

it was the same spammer again.
  • Options
    i got spammed again. i didn't expect everyone on wp to like adrien and kris. so not suprised there.

i was supried i was spammed about little noel. adriens son. he has autism spectrum disorder. thanks to a new mod i found. it bugs me because 2 of my cousins are autistic.

it was the same spammer again.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ooo... we're talking about rain. It makes me happy. I find such peace and joy in rain. :)

Also summer thunderstorms... maybe I'm crazy, but I'm looking forward to them, especially sitting on my porch, watching the lightning and watching it pour. That is if I'm home when it storms.

A few weeks ago, I got soaked in the rain because we had flash flood like rains and I was in heels so I had to take my shoes off to walk through six inches of water in the parking lot at work. That was fun. But then I sat in my car and the radio played all sorts of songs with phrases about rain and floods and water gushing and flowing, and I had to laugh at the irony.

I'm so excited about rain in the TS4 Seasons expansion!!!

Okay, now I need some happy rain GIFs. *bounces off to find some*
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Congratulations, @CharmingMaruska! How exciting!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    i wonder if the radio did that on purpose. xD because if so. pro DJs right there for their humor.
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Hey everyone :)

I was wondering, does anyone here have a career in writing?
    I've actually been thinking about changing careers, but I have no idea where to start. I know it sounds dumb.....I mean, I only write an insignificant SimLit.....it's not like it would ever get published lol. I just keep thinking to myself that I really enjoy writing and putting the screenshots together, I wonder if this could turn into a career?

THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Ooo... we're talking about rain. It makes me happy. I find such peace and joy in rain. :)

giphy.gif

OrangeOrneryCony-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Singing in the rain <3 and my favorite step up!!!!
    Good choices!
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited June 2018
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    Okay, I need some help... I've seen people putting polls in their stories on WordPress for things like heir voting. ANd I have absolutely no idea how to do that and would really love to for a 7sins post I'm currently working on. How is it done? Is it something built into word press? Do I need to get a poll from another site like strawpoll?

Hi, @Shadami ! Here's some info about WordPress and PollDaddy: https://en.support.wordpress.com/forms/polls/

I'm not completely sure that this functionality is available with free WordPress, but you can try!

What I did was create my poll through PollDaddy, then I got the embed code and info from there and inserted it into a WordPress post.

So you can try that, too!

If you run into issues/questions, feel free to check back. I just sort of experimented around, but if it doesn't work for you through experimenting, check back, and I'll be happy to see about providing more specific instructions!

I did mine from the admin section of my wordpress.

Go the full website address of your website: E.g one of mine is : 'https://thepeopleofthelighttribestory.wordpress.com' then add '/wp-admin' onto the end. This is the admin dashboard. Highlight 'Feedback' in the sidebar and you should see a poll option. As @CathyTea mentioned you can make a polldaddy account and use that (not sure if I made mine separate so just do that). Then you should be able to add new polls. :) You can link them by going to your list and hovering on it, you should see the options 'Edit | Embed and Link |Close | Preview | Delete' Click Embed and link. This will take you to a menu like this. (The blocked out black square is where your email is btw that's the difference between the photo and what will show up for you.)
    jUnNpo6l.png
    I would go the one titled 'Short URL'. This can be used to link on the end of a post/chapter rather than making a new one. It's the direct link to it. :) Also works for linking to tumblr and here.

Edit: Once you've had votes when you hover over the option in the polls menu (where all your polls are...) you now see..
    'Edit | Embed and Link |Close | Preview | Delete | Results' Obviously results is how you see what was voted for and close is to close the poll.

• Options
    JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    Well my Heiress Vote has ended, and my last chapter for Generation 2 has been posted! Week 17
  • Options
    My mom woke me up calling me....dad was taken to the VA by ambulance. Burning in his throat and slight short of breath. She told me EMT didn't think it is anything life threatening. Keeping her company now.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Themummyof4Themummyof4 Posts: 53 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Hey everyone :)

I was wondering, does anyone here have a career in writing?
    I've actually been thinking about changing careers, but I have no idea where to start. I know it sounds dumb.....I mean, I only write an insignificant SimLit.....it's not like it would ever get published lol. I just keep thinking to myself that I really enjoy writing and putting the screenshots together, I wonder if this could turn into a career?

Me too!! I'm planning on publishing on kindle in a week or so, combining my short story blogs, talking about 7th and 8th generation on Sims Mobile. Maybe that will work as a start???
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    LADIES, GENTLEMEN AND NON-BINARY PALS
    I AM TRIUMPHANT!!!
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    My mom woke me up calling me....dad was taken to the VA by ambulance. Burning in his throat and slight short of breath. She told me EMT didn't think it is anything life threatening. Keeping her company now.

Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that everything is ok :(
  • Options
    Rockannie wrote: »

He just called. He's being released. Doctor says it's acid reflux. He wears one of those sleeping masks as well. Mom thinks it could be that. Maybe it needs to be cleaned.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    I AM TRIUMPHANT!!!
    Ooh yay! Tell us the good news. :smiley:
  • Options
    Rockannie wrote: »

He just called. He's being released. Doctor says it's acid reflux. He wears one of those sleeping masks as well. Mom thinks it could be that. Maybe it needs to be cleaned.

Oh dear, I'm sorry about that @LegacySims2017 . Hope your dad's going to be okay. :(
  • Options
    I AM TRIUMPHANT!!!

I sneaked my phone without being detected!
  • Options
    I AM TRIUMPHANT!!!

Wow! Now that is an achievement. XD I can't believe you actually risked it, given what happened the other day.
  • Options
    I AM TRIUMPHANT!!!

Wow! Now that is an achievement. XD I can't believe you actually risked it, given what happened the other day.

ikr? That made me happy for the first time in a while
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited June 2018
    @BlackUndecimber Thank you! I mean doctor as in medical doctor and yes, it is quite nice that I don't have to study anymore, I had enough of that these past years - even people on this forum had enough of it, since I whined about it here all the time :lol: (Sorry, guys!)

@Shadami Thank you and nice to meet you! :smile:

That is awesome @CharmingMaruska !! I want your Sim Selfie and make her a Dr. In my #BuildNewcrest Challenge: A Simself Legacy SimLit!

Oh, what an honour, @LegacySims2017 ! My Simself is on the gallery, you can find her here . Feel free to use her :smile:

@CathyTea @MadameLee Thank you so much. You can definitely say that. I first joined the forums before I had any actual clinical rounds in a hospital, so you really knew me since I was a "baby" - that's what we call pre-clinical students here.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

giphy.gif

OrangeOrneryCony-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

<3 I adore Singin' in the Rain. I always describe it as one of my favorite movies. What an amazing and talented cast! Sure, the story line is goofy and the movie makes fun of itself, but it's aware in that regard and it runs with it well. They simply don't make movies like this anymore. I grew up watching these kinds of musicals, and they still hold a dear place in my heart.

P.S. Glad to hear your dad is okay. Thoughts and prayers for your family. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top