Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Evza wrote: »
    Alright why is nobody talking about this quote?!?
    "Toss ona raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout."tiy
    So I guess there's some sort of boy scout-ish activities that your sims can perform and earn badges for! (i'm sure female sims are included as well, just used the term "boy scout" since for some reason irl they're the only scouts that do outdoors-y stuff)
    That sounds like it has a lot of potential for interesting opportunities. JUNE 22ND IS TOO FAR AWAY LIKE HOW CAN I PLAY KNOWING THAT I'M MISSING SEASONS?!?1?!

Excuse me - but There always was Girl Scouts and Campfire Girls - as well as Boy Scouts you know. I was in both. We did a lot more than just sell cookies. LOL.

That said - Seasons looks amazing. Sprinklers YESSSSSSS! Swings - YES, YES!!!!

I don't know why but those two things are making me beyond happy. Then I see - gift giving, roller skating - ICE skating. I'm swooning here..... Can't look any more.... OMG - kiddie pools...... ,,,,,,,........ FAINTs!!!!

Boy Scouts in the US are now allowing girls as well on a limited basis. But yes, I was a Brownie for 2 years and Girl Scout for 3, and we had our badges too including lots of outdoor activities. Maybe the badges are a collection solely for children? That would be really cool. A lot of people were upset that you couldn't send clubs to Granite Falls -- maybe they were able to patch in a fix for that?

YEP - I know - they also changed Camp Fire Girls and allow Boys in there - so they now call that Camp Fire kids.

I was also a Brownie and a Girl scout - up until I got my first job at 14 and no longer had time for scouting. I got to re-enjoy scouting through my three sons - all were scouts. I volunteered when I could as a Den Mother. So it will be fun to see at least a bit of scouting in the Sims. I can't imagine it will go into much depth - but just having it for kids will be fun. I may finally break down and have a club in my game for scouting anyway. I am not the club type of player and have never used them - so yeah - I may if scouting is a club activity.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Iodum99 wrote: »
    Finally! Seasons have always been one of my favorite EPs in The Sims! Also what's up with that sim being struck by lightning, do they become Thor? :P

"What was you the god of again?"

*were
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Evza wrote: »
    Alright why is nobody talking about this quote?!?
    "Toss ona raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout."tiy
    So I guess there's some sort of boy scout-ish activities that your sims can perform and earn badges for! (i'm sure female sims are included as well, just used the term "boy scout" since for some reason irl they're the only scouts that do outdoors-y stuff)
    That sounds like it has a lot of potential for interesting opportunities. JUNE 22ND IS TOO FAR AWAY LIKE HOW CAN I PLAY KNOWING THAT I'M MISSING SEASONS?!?1?!

Excuse me - but There always was Girl Scouts and Campfire Girls - as well as Boy Scouts you know. I was in both. We did a lot more than just sell cookies. LOL.

That said - Seasons looks amazing. Sprinklers YESSSSSSS! Swings - YES, YES!!!!

I don't know why but those two things are making me beyond happy. Then I see - gift giving, roller skating - ICE skating. I'm swooning here..... Can't look any more.... OMG - kiddie pools...... ,,,,,,,........ FAINTs!!!!

Boy Scouts in the US are now allowing girls as well on a limited basis. But yes, I was a Brownie for 2 years and Girl Scout for 3, and we had our badges too including lots of outdoor activities. Maybe the badges are a collection solely for children? That would be really cool. A lot of people were upset that you couldn't send clubs to Granite Falls -- maybe they were able to patch in a fix for that?

OMG yes !! i was a Brownie and Girl Guide myself, we were always going away on nature weekends,it would be amazing to be able to re-enact in the sims
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2018
    I WAS WRONG, I THOUGHT IT WAS FARMING.

I will take that L now. Also, does anyone have a clue what the end was about? That Sim just redirected the lightning!

I'm thinking that it's either a new purchasable trait or maybe an Aspiration Reward trait to be immune to lightning, the way the Gardening Aspiration makes one immune to fire. Still need to get a Sim that reward then send him/her to Selvadorada and see if it works on the fire traps in the ruins. ev

I was hoping for a June 12th release, right after EA Play, but maybe this leaves them time to fix any major bugs that get discovered during the event. So we might not get the pre-pack patch till maybe the 14th? Or maybe the 20th (Tuesday) for a Friday release.
    Post edited by stilljustme2 on
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Looks like a lot of features we have in The Sims 3. What is actually new? I noticed the scarecrow.
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    But why is the snow so flat? Am I the only one who thinks that it looks like that snow mod?

Do you have ANY idea how much actual 3D snow would tax your system?

Sims 2 snow had depth.
  • Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    Yeeeeeeeeeees! So excited for this!

mqeMC4v.gif
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I hope the homeless townies that sleep on benches will have appropriate seasonal attire...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of features we have in The Sims 3. What is actually new? I noticed the scarecrow.

Toddler and kid pools, botanist career, making custom holidays, scouting, magical scarecrow, and I'm not sure what they refer to as "seasonal crafting".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AspenSims wrote: »
    But why is the snow so flat? Am I the only one who thinks that it looks like that snow mod?

Sims 2 snow had depth.

Sims 3 one did too btw.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Toddler and kid pools, botanist career, making custom holidays, scouting, magical scarecrow, and I'm not sure what they refer to as "seasonal crafting".

There are actually so many new things that sims 3 doesnt have. Not only that but as someone who will never play sims 3 again , I dont really care about what sims 3 has :D
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    THIS is how you do an EP!
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Sims 2 snow had depth.

Dude, Sims 2 had snow period. Start pausing the trailer in Winter and look at any object you can find outdoors. None of the furniture items have snow buildup on them. The only exception is a wooden reindeer which might just be a reskin of that object.

The "snow" in this game appears to be a reskin for the grass and the surfaces of traditional buildmode objects.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, I didn't see it, but SimGuruGrant said on Twitter that the glass roofs shown on the greenhouse will be part of a free update. I assume that will come in the June patch. Thank you, that makes me very happy!
  • Options
    ProserpinaProserpina Posts: 1 New Member
    Ea should see if they could do payment plans of preorders, but still excited for seasons
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

I see where you're coming from, but then again, TS3 Seasons has a lot of features we had in TS2 Seasons. I guess there are just certain things expected to be in that theme. Flower arranging made a comeback from TS2 times. I believe that a pool for toddlers is totally new, and maybe interaction to decorate the Christmas tree (I guess it was always pre-decorated before?). There are new outfits such as the giant gnome and Easter bunny - maybe new NPCs? Oh, and the blog says we'll be able to create own holidays.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Sims 2 snow had depth.

Sims 3 one did too btw.

I meant like "even Sims 2" haha but thanks for adding to that! I'm disappointed if the snow in Sims 4 doesn't get any more snow than simple terrain paint.
  • Options
    CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m so happy!
  • Options

Sims 2 snow had depth.

Dude, Sims 2 had snow period. Start pausing the trailer in Winter and look at any object you can find outdoors. None of the furniture items have snow buildup on them. The only exception is a wooden reindeer which might just be a reskin of that object.

The "snow" in this game appears to be a reskin for the grass and the surfaces of traditional buildmode objects.

Yeah :/ I'm disappointed.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Sims 2 snow had depth.

It was simulated (no pun intended). Also, Sims 2 was a far more simplistic rendering engine to begin with.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2018
    this is so great! and finally some good news since JA

good things
    - finally winter, snow and rain; gloomy and cold days yay! Immersion +_+
    - autumn trees are actually red - nice;
    - ice skating and costumes - this is so cool and I honestly didn't expect that to be included in EP;
    - sims can finally clear snow with shovel - yes!
    - machine to manipulate weather - YES!!
    - nice coat on sim with white beard - he looks like Ded Moroz in this outfit
    - at the end sim shooting lightning with his hands - if only this "ability" can stick like trait
    - dark green icon - i like it
    and I am glad this is an EP and not GP which means GP team can be busy with something supernatural >:) (only my opinion)

and less positive

- snowfall looks too bright? Like it's still sunny every day? Raining seems to be fine, chilling, dark and gloomy
    - almost everything already was in previous games? I mean animations
    - ice skating animation is slow for some reason?
    - not so much clothes and hair styles? Things are probably saved for another SP :|
    - so no new town and swimming in sea, okay I am totally fine with that

Sorry for my English, I am so happy right now so please forgive me :p
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have to say, I'm impressed. So far the only negative thing that people are able to point out is "Snow not 3D!". Looks like this expansion is being received much better than any of the others!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Grant also just said they won't have time to do any live streams before EA Play, but they will afterwards.