Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    DinoJr wrote: »
    @ADWilson
    Katie and John are going steady!

Nice!
    Though... Katie met Magnus recently, and oh boy did she like what she saw. Can relate. LOL!!

Decisions, decisions. And ... I can also relate. :D
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I still expect @KhemKat19 to upload at least the house, if not the resort; so I'll look for them yet. Otherwise, I'll be busy delivering meals and going to physical and occupational therapy today.
    I hope @KhemKat19 can upload as well; not just because the two lots in question are beautiful, but because - by looking at what he/she has done in those lots - it's very apparent that KhemKat is an extremely talented builder! We need KhemKat to be able to share their talents with everyone, so we can all enjoy what they can create.
  • Options
    @Catdog123

Its two deep references.. Selena is a reference to Selina Kyle... Catwoman. And Sinclair is a reference to Rahne Sinclair... Wolfsbane. So the studio is named after a Cat... and a dog... <3<3

Ohhh! Superheroes! Hadn't recognized either, and I at least should have picked up on Selina. She's my faverit! (I used to keep a little Catwoman dangly hanging on my rear view mirror. One day a mechanic who had worked on my car asked me about it, as well as another Catwoman thing I had in my car. I said, "You gotta admire a woman who wears black leather and carries a whip." The mechanic then stared at me in astonishment and asked me for my phone number. :) )

I think it's neat that you made the Cat and Dog references for CatDog that way. Awesome!
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2018
    @MiaSkywalker Shes awesome isn't she? one of the reasons I play the injustice games cause shes playable, well her and Joker and Harley Quinn.. Hmm all the best villains and antiheroes come from batman lol.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2018
    That's awesome Mia.

I'm partial to pragmatic villains. You are right most of the good ones come from the batman universe. I think my favorite character is "The Question" from justice league.

• Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @Jessabeans I love The Question!!! Very cool. Im also going to try and set Diedre and Cody up as Green Arrow and Huntress because they already look perfect for the parts... And my favorite villain is also from DC, Deathstroke... Hes so cool <3<3@MiaSkywalker that story is awesome... and I don't blame the mechanic for asking for your number lol!!
  • Options
    @DinoJr: I know you currently don't have any SPs, but knowing that you love comics and superheroes, I highly recommend the Movie Stuff pack. With it you can dress everyone up as a superhero, and it even has all sorts of neat things for creating your own superhero/supervillain lair. :)

Besides which, it comes with one of the only three all-in-ones in the game. The other two are from ITF and IP.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @ADWilson

John got to his dream job, as a secret super spy! And Katie is still having a grand old time visiting friends and relieving them of some of their worldly possessions....

And then they did that crazy thing, and added a new member to the family! Meet Ohio Jones Tripp! Growing up with a tomb (and a ghost!) in the basement, and zombies on the lawn, you know this kid has got some adventures coming his way!

Screenshot-19.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2018
    @DinoJr - I always love seeing pics of the gifts in use and hearing what is happening with them in game. I also have enjoyed so much everything you added to this gift exchange through your insights and perspective. You certainly helped to make this gift exchange a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

@ADWilson, @MiaSkywalker, and @KhemKat19 - I sent a reply to the PM. I think a "reset" to a new vanilla sims 3 folder with pertinent files - dccache .ebc's, installedWorlds, dcbackup ccmerged (and maybe others later), contentpatch.package, and (maybe later, library files) - copied over as well as the "reset" to Internet Explorer with the "delete personal settings" is the next course to try. The export files can be double clicked to send them to the launcher to try again. I offered step-by-step and alternate options. If all these fail, THEN... I suggest reinstalling store stuff per the link in my siggie and moving all files in the dcbackup and download folders out as you install. You can move them into folders named according to the set they go with, IE. install the bakery, then go to the dcbackup folder and move all the 0x....package files from that folder to a new sub-folder you name Bakery within a new folder you call s3dc or something. (I suggest this because you can't later tell one set's files from another, but really, I think this is overkill and just makes me feel organized.) You can put the download file you just installed in that same folder so it'll be super obvious later. (Some store files have names that are different from from what you see in the store.)
  • Options
    @ADWilson

John got to his dream job, as a secret super spy! And Katie is still having a grand old time visiting friends and relieving them of some of their worldly possessions....

And then they did that crazy thing, and added a new member to the family! Meet Ohio Jones Tripp! Growing up with a tomb (and a ghost!) in the basement, and zombies on the lawn, you know this kid has got some adventures coming his way!

How awe-sim is that?! Cute kid name. So Katie is dreaming about the alarm (conveniently hidden behind the fridge), hunh? I guess she wants to be sure the house is toddler proof with all the latest in safety features!

Thanks for sharing :smiley:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    To: @Kgaff

Your Buddy, Mystik, emailed. Unfortunately some real life stuff came up and gifting took a slight detour, but she indicated that she would gift as soon as she could.

Here is a while-you-wait gift. Enjoy!

rr-front.jpg

Relaxed Rambler
    1 Bedroom
    1.5 Bathroom
    Starter Home built at 2200 Pinochle Point in Sunset Valley (30x30 lot)
    Cost: Less than 16,000 Simoleons

Open Living, Kitchen and Dining.
    Starter garden has Excellent Quality plants.

Download Link: Relaxed Rambler

2nd version has upgraded appliances.
    Download Link: Relaxed Rambler (upgraded)

Pictures

Living, Kitchen and Dining
    rr-living.jpg
    rr-kitndin.jpg

Bedroom
    rr-bedroom1.jpg
    rr-bedroom2.jpg

Bathroom
    rr-bathroom.jpg

Garden (Sim is not included, but should look familiar!)
    rr-gardening.jpg

During Testing
    I forgot that a new game folder meant my options weren't set like usual so needless to say I was surprised when the full moon message popped up.

This zombie can't come inside so tries peeping through a window in the hopes of getting attention & a door opened.
    rr-zombie.jpg

What could be better than one zombie upset at not coming inside?
    TWO zombies!
    rr-zombie2.jpg
  • Options
    Nice sized starter with great curb appeal. I really like the landscaping. That is my kind of garden. It's only missing the berries to make a perfect salad for me, just the way we had it tonight! :smiley:
  • Options
    @ciane Thanks for the kind words!! I loved being a part of all of this, and will definitely participate again!

@ADWilson What a cute house! The color scheme is a lot of fun and Ill be downloading this one... maybe it will be Ohio Jones first house!

Btw... Ohio has pointy ears... which he inherited from his mom! I had no idea she had elf ears! Not until I saw his and then checked her a little more closely!

Also, his best friend is the ghost that lives with them. Mom may or may not have stolen his urn from someone elses house...
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2018
    @ADWilson Very cute starter. I'm just always amazed anyone can make anything that looks nice in starter price range.

@DinoJr Nice to have an update on the new sims family. Here's what one of mine is up to:

41144003114_66c15f37f7_c.jpgFerne at Vitality by Sue H, on Flickr

40962347395_68f17dc078_c.jpgFerne and Fam Pinebrook Park by Sue H, on Flickr

Ferne just knows how to relax and enjoy life. I should get a clue and learn to do the same. Still madly simming here, but hey, someone had to add these cool new lots to her world. The first is at @Jessabeans ' Vitality and the second at @Catdog123 's Pinebrook Park.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses: Are those water lilies in the hot tub? Or is there something else that gives that flower petal effect on the water?
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @MiaSkywalker They are moss roses placed over the water. Beautiful pictures Suzses, Ferne has a lovely family and Pinebrook Park looks magical at night. I can't get over how well it fits into Hidden Springs.
  • Options
    Hello! :smiley:

@Kgaff I also made you a while-you-wait gift.

Here is Sunflower Ranch: 41828270982_1f805488eb_b.jpg

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9213628

This is a small one bedroom ranch with a converted garage that is now an art and reading space. That garage could also make a spare bedroom if your sim was to have some kids. I tried to make a starter home then my gardening budget blew that out of the water and I just ended up going for cute little home instead. lol

Here is some pictures of the house and a few game play pictures with my sim Janelle who I
    used for play testing.
    41828272732_1519a7a89b_z.jpg40972185305_0b20bcb70e_z.jpg
    40972186695_7703166460_z.jpg
    40972187645_3a5fe00b04_z.jpg
    40972188415_c03db99aab_z.jpg
    40972189015_bcebd068e1_z.jpg
    40972189815_88c64f3ac3_z.jpg
    41828284252_d0810093da_z.jpg
    28002002688_30a91a1e74_z.jpg

level 2 cooking skill and flipping pizzas like a pro.. It would so land on my head. :tongue:

I hope you enjoy having this little house in your game. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @DinoJr Loving seeing all the game play screenshots :) And dang it your really making me want to go to comic con, and do some cosplaying with all the super hero talk. :tongue: Last time I went as Gambit from X Men well gambit after spending a lot of time in the sun. I'm as dark as my avatar sim in rl. Got a pic with a really good Harley Quinn cos player it almost felt wrong, brand and hero/villain cross over. :open_mouth:

@ADWilson great little starter home. I have such a hard time staying on budget for those. Love the blue siding and how nicely you furnished with staying under 20K I like the garden is entered through the house rather than having a gate door, that was a fun idea. :)

@suzses Beautiful game play pictures. :smile:

@Jessabeans Flowers in the hot tub was a really good idea, can't wait to check that lot out in depth in game. :smiley:
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    @KaytayRoall omg I totally missed the third gift you posted. A really interesting and tragic story and I love the screen shots. Especially the moving and wedding pictures. The wedding photos have such a beautiful romantic feel to them. I know its supposed to be abandoned but I find that lighthouse to be quite lovely as is. It looks very realistic which is sometimes hard to pull off with the limited amount of height we have for the towers. Going to download it for sure, always room for more awesome homes. :) I've kind of wanted to make a custom sort of nautical save with an elderly sailor living in a light house this would be perfect for them.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Cute little house @Catdog123. I really love the colors and furnishings you picked. The layout appears great too!
  • Options
    Another little while you wait gift, @Kgaff

Sims, like Tina, also need something to do while they wait. Oh, is it something exciting like a nightclub? Sorry, no. It's also not a spa, a restaurant, a tomb, a park. Our sims already have lots of new toys like those, and more. This is a library. How boring, unless you're a bookworm, I guess, which Tina is not. She does, however, need to do some research to decide what she wants to do in her life and has lots of things to learn to realize her dreams, so it should come in handy.

This is the same ole, same ole Papyrus Memorial Library in Sunset Valley with a facelift and a few new things. It's really the same building, same layout (mostly), even same landscaping - just enhanced and added to, and CASt'd to death, of course.

Exchange Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9213646

A few pictures below and lots more at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmbak4x9

28001211308_7dccfcd4f6_c.jpgSV Library Cover by Sue H, on Flickr

41827824632_4caf38574d_c.jpgLibrary Entry 2 by Sue H, on Flickr

27002572007_b1ca812820_c.jpgLibrary Kids Tree by Sue H, on Flickr

27003299287_2b6a534ed2_c.jpgLibrary Stairwell by Sue H, on Flickr

27003490627_d6c9819cda_c.jpgLibrary 2nd Floor 6 by Sue H, on Flickr
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @CatDog123: Oh my goodness, what a cute little home! I'm with you on not being able to create a starter home. :) Not and make it even slightly attractive, at least. Normally yellow isn't one of my favorite colors, but I love the way it all ties together there! And of course the inside, with its pale creams and whites and blues, so nice and restful.

@suzses: Oh, a reno of an SV lot! I love seeing renovations of the old SV and Riverview lots, especially to add more EP, SP, and store stuff. Your revamp is definitely much nicer than the original. It's been a while since I played SV, so I don't remember the library clearly, but it certainly looks like you've added a lot more stuff for our Sims to do. :)

Kgaff should like both of these - I think that little house fits the kind of style she likes very well, and the library certainly is useful anywhere.
  • Options
    @suzses, the library reno is beautiful, love the colors in the build and the new decor you have added. The soft blues and whites with the warm wood tones make it a very relaxing place to read. This will go perfect in the empty world ive been filling up over the past few months. Really like the tall bookshelves in the middle of the library. And love the addition of the cafe inside the library thats a really nice touch. :smile:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    I very much like Sunflower Ranch, too @Catdog123. I love it's sunny yellow, and the soft interior colors go well with the yellow, too. Love the garage, too. I could live there.

Oh boy, I just looked at my cover picture for the library and see it's the one I took BEFORE I redid any of the interiors. LOL Oh well.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top