Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @suzses - LOVE the way you did that top front roofing with the fence. It really makes a great look to the building with the brick and stucco mix.
    (I always redo this library, but I do the other way and remove the top floor. I hate the waste of time that climbing stairs takes!)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2018
    In case anybody is interested, the Relaxed Rambler starter home has received a renovation.

BEFORE
    rr-front.jpg

AFTER
    rredo-front1.jpg

Pictures: Renovated Rambler
    Download Link: Renovated Rambler
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ADWilson: Oh wow, it's even nicer! I always love lots of ornamental flowers on a lot. :)

(I remember when we used to have to water them in previous Sims games - I'm glad we've never had to in S3!)
    So now I know why you placed it on a larger lot with all that open space around it! Renos can be very addictive, can't they?
    ciane wrote: »
    So now I know why you placed it on a larger lot with all that open space around it! Renos can be very addictive, can't they?

Yes they are! From the moment I began building this starter, the idea for this being renovated sat on the back burner and guided things along.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2018
    Nice job on the expansion/renovation, Addy. That's a spacious and family friendly home now. I like the colors in the art/computer room and master bath. I also like the shower/tub wall in there - looks all built in with a pretty view from the tub but with thoughtful privacy wall outside. ;)

It appears I'm into sheds this year. Love the shed and that very thoughtful chest of goodies in there. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @ADWilson Your cute little starter home is all grown up. I love the little garden you created behind the tub, and the playroom porch is a great idea, conveniently located by the kitchen. It was nice that you included pictures of your sims upgrading things, I still get a giggle watching my tester hammer toilets.
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Oh my goodness :open_mouth:
    I just saw all the amazing gifts you all made and as much as I want to comment every single one, I know that it'll take me forever, but this is my simplified version of my reaction during the last 15 pages or so...
    This is beautiful! like wow like... wow, I don't even know what to say, wut r words anymoar, who needs them anyway? they're overrated
    And as soon as I saw the next gift I went omg this and beautiful that, must awesome it and *drools* :love:

So I think it goes without saying that I stole them all recommended them and are now among my favs, as soon as I get my new laptop they're going to my game :lol: also, I'm definitely going to steal some of the ideas you guys used, I saw so many creative things that I loved so much I need to try them.

This has been an amazing gift exchange! now I shall wait until the next one to be part of it! (I'm already writting my buddy letter to have it ready for it and all :joy: )
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    Ziristha wrote: »
    This has been an amazing gift exchange! now I shall wait until the next one to be part of it! (I'm already writting my buddy letter to have it ready for it and all :joy: )
    That's a really good idea. Even though parts will be changed because undoubtedly Addy will tweak the format, you'll be able to cut and paste parts of it, and having time to think things over now will allow you to put in details that you otherwise might forget.

So if you really, REALLY want something in your gifts, you'll have time to remember to put it in your letter, and not have to add it in after the exchange is under way. (When your buddy wouldn't know to go back and re-read your letter for changes.)

Addy and I have tossed a few ideas around for the next exchange. I'll most likely be helping her out again, but I don't think I'll be a buddy; it was too hectic this time doing both. People thought I saved the Victorian for last because I liked it best of my builds, but no, it's just that it wasn't finished before then. ;)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hey everyone!! I am finally home, at long last. We were supposed to be home Friday but our trip was extended (and not in a good way) and we only got home last night.

It was a fun trip, Boston is a very interesting city where the 1700's rub shoulders with today. We saw all the historical sights, ate some wonderful food from Italian to Korean BBQ and some of the best seafood I've ever had.

Then on the way home, 1/2 hour from home, my hubby had a heart attack, in the plane, at 30,000 feet. OMG!! It was the only the beginning of a 30 hour odyssey. Thankfully he is home now, we are substantially poorer but he is doing great.

I noticed all the lovely "While you wait gifts" You guys are too much, I can't wait to download all of them.

@ADWilson You naughty girl! I told you not to worry and you didn't listen. Relaxed Rambler is a perfect starter. All my favorite colors and you actually got it under 16,000. :) You know me and I can't do that. Thank you

@Catdog123 I love <3 Sunflower Ranch. So bright and cheery it put a smile on my face from ear to ear. I love the yellow and blues and you used all of my favorite things. Than You so much!

@suzses You have been a busy bee! That is really not the same old Papyrus Memorial Library!! I didn't recognize it at all. It's gorgeous! I love that you have a place for a bite to eat and is that a bookstore register? Buying books at the library is a great idea. It's now my go to library :) Thank you so much <3

As soon as I get things settled down here, I still have to pick up my dog and cat, I will go through the thread and rec and fav and download and try to comment.

Thanks again everyone. Hugs
    Wow, @Kgaff! Soooo very sorry to hear about your hubby and that adventure at 30,000 feet. So scary!!! I am glad that he is doing great now. Sorry about the expense!
    @Kgaff That wasn't a great way to end a trip. I'm glad your hubby is doing well, but what a place to have that happen! I'm sure it was a frightening experience.

I really enjoyed Boston when I was there, too, but it's been about 30 years so I may not have been enjoying the same place at all.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @Kgaff ~ Oh my goodness! Your vacation created more memories than expected. Happy to be reading that your hubby is doing well, that must have been so scary for both of you (I'd be frightened to fly again!). BIG gentle Hugs!

Boston sounds beautiful. Will have to expand my travel "wish list" of places to see.

What can I say? Being a little naughty can be fun ;)
    @KaytayRoall - I started your renovation story here:
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/fix

I plan to alternate between yours and Addy's as I just couldn't wait any longer to start. (The toddlers finally grew up and are ready to start to school in her renovation, so it seemed a good time to pause and switch.)

I hope you enjoy following along and seeing what happens in my game.
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @Kgaff Oh gosh! That's quite the ending to a vacation. Glad everyone is home safe and sound.

@ciane Yay! I'm excited to see you playing it! I left a longer comment on your website.
    @KaytayRoall - I couldn't wait to start, but I did want to grow up my other toddlers before I looked at this one.
    I've posted their first day now, so you can see how things are progressing. I played until Cameron grew up, so I'll have a few more chapters to post and then switch back to Addy's.
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Sooo... John and Katie have grown apart.. By a wide margin. All he does is work, work out, and question people around the neighborhood... he is clearly married to his job. Meanwhile the ghost (whose urn she stole lol) has been a much more attentive role model to young Ohio, and a better friend to Katie... and shes also very attracted to him. One day while John was at work, and Ohio was at school, Katie and the ghost... did some stuff. And now shes pregnant? Oops?
    DinoJr wrote: »
    Sooo... John and Katie have grown apart.. By a wide margin. All he does is work, work out, and question people around the neighborhood... he is clearly married to his job. Meanwhile the ghost (whose urn she stole lol) has been a much more attentive role model to young Ohio, and a better friend to Katie... and shes also very attracted to him. One day while John was at work, and Ohio was at school, Katie and the ghost... did some stuff. And now shes pregnant? Oops?

Oh my! He wasn't given the workaholic trait but his actions say otherwise. John, John, John. **shakes head** You are not acting like the Sim I thought you were. But then again ... I had no idea Katie was flirty either. Can this marriage be saved? Will Ohio turn out okay or need a therapist? What else will Katie acquire from her neighbors? Stay tuned for your next episode of "As the Sim Turns". :smiley:

As the Sim Turns, next episode!

Katie has filled a room with some of her ill gotten gains (and her family inventory is stuffed)
    Screenshot-32.jpg

Heres a picture of Johns Replacement! Katie and Erik got married and had a baby!
    Screenshot-35.jpg

And the baby, Egbert Tripp... along with a couple of tiny additions to the family... Indiana Rat, and Lizzie Iguana
    Screenshot-34.jpg

Once they had their falling out, John split. Katie just couldn't stand the sight of him, so he moved in with his boss. (He really was married to his work!!!) But before he left, he made sure to leave his ex, and their child a special something or two, to make sure they were still well looked after!
    Presenting Lionel Lawson, robot, and Merlin Tripp, Cat.

Screenshot-33.jpg

Also little Ohio Jones has been growing like a weed! Hes a teen now, making strides in school, and chomping at the bit to get to other countries and explore more tombs. Who better but a boy who grew up exploring one, raised by ghosts and robots, dealing with zombies and very real under-the-bed monsters? Nothing scares Ohio, and he craves adventure!

Screenshot-39.jpg

I'm excited to see Ohio get old enough to actually explore tombs... and then maybe try building one of my own!!!

@DinoJr: If you decide to build a tomb, and you have any questions, @Kgaff and I have been building them for a while. While we might not be able to answer every question, we can point you to websites that give you tutorials for the questions we can't answer.

If you do decide to start one, it might be interesting for us to start a thread in the Builders forum where we can share tombs with each other. That way each of us can make tombs that the others can explore, because it's not quite as fun exploring one that you've built yourself. (And obviously know all the tricks to!)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2018
    @Kgaff I'm glad your husband is alright, what a stressful end to an otherwise lovely sounding trip. I can't image how that must have been for you.

I know a few of us are moms, so I wanted to wish the other moms a Happy Mother's day.
    So uh...

How is everyone?
    Hi @DinoJr :) Good here. I have a couple towns going (the one I was working on before the gift exchange, plus a new one at the shore) with lots of nice new places, some places from previous exchanges I got around to trying out, and mermaids and fairies and plant sims. How are things in your world(s)?
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses

I got pets! So lots of fun playing with a cat, rat, snake, and some kinda lizard... also Kaytay made me a small stable so I can start playing with horses <3

Ohio Jones Tripp has been specially groomed for tomb exploration, so I'm nearly at the point where I will finally actually explore all of the in game tombs... and get that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 penguin axe!

@DinoJr Oh, sweet - pets and tombs. You should have a lot of fun. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top