Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    when my iPad is charged. It's on the other side of the room being charged now.

I think I see the problem. Obviously the iPad server is different from the Android server. Cause the server for the Android version of Sims Mobile appears to be broken with no plans to be fixed. Going over reviews in the Google store, there's complaints about the server being down constantly dating back to when the game launched. And dang few people saying they've been able to sign in.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    I don't buy ipads because they're far too expensive. I can get an android that's just as good for a third of the cost.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    @Faerie197 That's what my son said when I went out and bought a new iPad but it seems to have paid off because I can play the mobile game ;) Besides, I can't take my money with me when I die ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, but if I have to chose between buying an over priced tablet or buying a reasonably priced one and having food to eat, I'll always opt for the reasonably priced tablet and food.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Karritz Sounds like you've had a fun day simming. :)

@emorrill Thanks for your comments. :)

@Mikezumi Thanks for your comments. :)

@TinySpaceFox I enjoyed your new updates. Your sim is a very good Mom trying to take care of her little one. I'm not exactly sure what a sugar baby is, trying to keep my mind out of the gutter....hard to do some days. :) Ya know I love Martin and so happy to see him in the new story. I was trying outfits on a sim and put Martin's top on him and I was like, no, that is Martin's outfit, it doesn't look right on you. :lol: I found my sims something else!
  • Options
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Yeah, but if I have to chose between buying an over priced tablet or buying a reasonably priced one and having food to eat, I'll always opt for the reasonably priced tablet and food.

If I were in the position where I had to decide that I wouldn't have a tablet at all! I would be saving my money for important things.
  • Options
    To me internet access is a sanity thing, so I'm willing to pay a premium for it. And owning a tablet means I don't have to lug around 30+ physical books when I GM for Pathfinder Society. Video games, the internet, and reading (mostly on the tablet anymore) are my main entertainment sources. Of course my budget is usually rather tight.

I have about $60 a month budgeted for entertainment, dining out, and so forth. Then I save a little each month so I can afford Christmas shopping. Big things like a new laptop, a tablet, new gaming system, or the like I budget as a birthday present to myself
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Charlottesmom

:rage:

:smirk:

pxtykiR.png

Nailed it :p

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    To me internet access is a sanity thing, so I'm willing to pay a premium for it. And owning a tablet means I don't have to lug around 30+ physical books when I GM for Pathfinder Society. Video games, the internet, and reading (mostly on the tablet anymore) are my main entertainment sources. Of course my budget is usually rather tight.

I have about $60 a month budgeted for entertainment, dining out, and so forth. Then I save a little each month so I can afford Christmas shopping. Big things like a new laptop, a tablet, new gaming system, or the like I budget as a birthday present to myself

I totally understand where you are coming from because I would not be a happy camper without internet, tablets and computers. Having said that, I lived the bulk of my life before the advent of commercial internet and was already a full fledged adult before computers became commonplace in the home and did just fine without them. In fact, I probably had a better quality of life back then.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited April 2018
    OK...folks, I'll bite. :D

OCTag. >:)

Screenshot-8.jpg 1. What is your name?
    Haruo Chikamori
    2. Do you know why you were named that?
    I was born at the end of spring.
    River_Haruo_Portrait.jpg 3. Single or taken?
    Taken...very happily...taken...
    4. Stop being a Mary Sue!
    Wrong gender: add two t's and drop the e.
    Screenshot-129.jpg 5. What’s your eye color?
    Brown, pitch black when ticked off - in high-school Parker Langerak learned the hard way to walk away when my eyes go black. He was slightly obtuse.
    Screenshot-10.jpg 6. How about hair color?
    Black, I'm Asian.
    Screenshot-201.jpg 7. Have you got any family members?
    Yep. 4 kids...and a beautiful wife and a whole ton of extended family. Can barely keep track of 'em all...and I'm kept really busy oiling the door hinges because they keep slamming the dang front door. It's always an excursion when we go out to eat. Don't know the woman in the pink. She's not from around here.
    Screenshot-31.jpg 8. Oh, how about pets?
    Nope... I do hope to get a cat. I'm a cat person, but I suspect that River, being outgoing is a dog person. Then I'll be shoving Rover away from sniffing my family walnuts. Darned mutts.
    Screenshot-13.jpg 9. That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don’t like
    Other sims calling up my wife...and bugging her for dates. What part of "she's taken" don't you get?
    Screenshot-48.jpg 10. Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do?
    Fishing, playing the violin and piano, gem-cutting tiberium.
    11. Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before? Physically
    Wait...was someone looking? I didn't do it, honest...
    12. Ever… killed anyone before?
    Me or my Watcher? What ever are you talking about? I never saw him or her before in my life, officer. Nope...
    13. What kind of animal are you?
    You might want to ask my wife that question.
    Screenshot-147.jpg 14. Name your worst weaknesses
    My Key Lime Pie
    15. Do you look up to anyone at all?
    I'm Asian, what do you think? I'm 5'7" I look up to everybody.
    Haruo%2526River_WeddingPhoto.png
    16. Are you straight, gay or bisexual?
    I have a wife, what does that tell you?
    17. Do you go to school?
    Did my 12 years of servitude, got the hell out, don't intend to go back. I know what I know and half of what I know I forgot.
    18. Ever want to marry and have kids one day?
    Married with Children... I sympathize with Al. But really, my wife is a sweetheart, just the absolute best.
    (see above picture)
    19. Do you have fangirls/fanboys?
    You mean the hordes waiting outside Divisadero? The ones I try to use the back door to avoid?
    20. What are you most afraid of?
    I fear nothing. :D ...except for rabid fanboys and fangirls.
    Screenshot-171.jpg 21. What do you usually wear?
    My UBC Hockey shirt and a pair of grey shorts.
    22. What’s one food that tempts you?
    Key Lime Pie.
    Screenshot-2.jpg 23. Am I annoying you?
    Ask me that in about 20 questions.
    24. Well, it’s not over!
    (dryly) Yay for me... ~sigh~
    25. What class are you (low class, middle class, high class)?
    Class means nothing when you're filthy rich.
    26. How many friends do you have?
    The ones that are most important to me: my wife, my kids, my dad, my step-mom and the rest of my extended family.
    27. What are your thoughts on pie?
    "Pie...good...me eat lots of pie. Cherry pie...OW!" River hits him in the back of the head. "What?!"
    28. Favorite drink?
    Anything caffeinated from the coffee machine.
    Screenshot-6.jpg 29. What’s your favorite place?
    I like books...so Divisadero is my second home.
    Screenshot-115.jpg 30. Are you interested in anyone?
    Haruo: "Just my spouse...she is all I need."
    River: "Good answer, at least you won't be sleeping on the couch tonight".
    Haruo: "Yes dear..."

Kids...never tick off an Irish girl.
    31. That was a stupid question.
    I didn't recall asking a question.
    Screenshot-13.jpg 32. Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean?
    Lake...no sharks, OK...maybe except for those blasted blacktips...that keep infesting my front-yard lake. Yeah, Let's have some sharks in the front pond, it'll keep the paparazzi out. Great idea /sarcasm/ ...and WHO PUT THE FREAKIN' CROCODILES IN THE LAKE TOO!!! /outrage/
    Screenshot-220.jpg 33. What’s your type?
    Redhead...and my spouse. First name River, Last name same as mine.
    34. Any fetishes?
    Next question...
    35. Camping or indoors?
    Camping - spring, summer, fall... Winter, heck no...I don't particularly want to impersonate an ice-cube.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @mikezumi Am in game so will try,love HP laptops can just be in sims game, playing other games on the side, be on the forums and troll youtube at the same time.No lagging in my game :p

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I have only a mediocre HP laptop but it does fine. The laptop I bought my son a couple weeks back looks like a beauty and I am thinking of adding one to my collection :)
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I am only half Japanese but I know all about looking up to everyone as I am shy of 5'1" LOL
  • Options

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @TadOlson -- Hi. :) Indeed it is.

@emorrill -- I knew it! haha
    What I love about ER is that every two-three episodes I have to play a bit of IMBD bingo to figure out why someone looks familiar. :lol:

@Charlottesmom -- Hey! :)

Think I might try that OC interview thing, just need to find those questions!
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited April 2018
    What is your name?
    Penelope Frio, nee Miller.

Do you know why you were named that?
    I've heard stories, but I'm not sure which one is true.

Single or taken?
    Very happily married to Connor Frio.

Stop being a Mary Sue!
    ...huh?

What’s your eye color?
    Blue.

How about hair color?
    Black, or perhaps a very very dark brown. No, I guess it's black. No white hairs yet!

Have you got any family members?
    I have four children... my husband and I adopted a baby boy and named him Jason Michael. Then a couple years later, we were surprised by a pregnancy, and then I had triplets! All boys: Lucas, Benjamin, and Jared after Connor's brother.
    I'm an only child, and my parents are in another town, and I haven't seen much of them, so not much on my side, but I have a brother-in-law and a niece through Connor.

Oh, how about pets?
    Almost as many as I have children!
    We have four dogs, all Dalmatians. Dice was my original companion, though I soon adopted Cinder to be with him. They had puppies: three. We kept two of them, named Lucky and Splotches. Then for one of our anniversaries Connor bought me a horse, Copper.
    Oh! We recently got a goldfish, and my oldest son named him Long John Silver. And he also has a frog he calls Captain Ribbet. (He has a thing for pirates).

That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don’t like?
    Large crowds. I'm a bit of a shy person and prefer to stay at home with family or hang out with a small gathering of my closest friends.

Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do?
    I love reading. And writing... though writing is also my career; I have several published books.
    I also dabble in painting from time to time. And I garden a bit as well to supplement our income and provide fresh produce for our meals.

Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before?
    No intentionally... Back in college, before Connor and I, there had been this casual thing with Gary Clyde. We weren't really an item, but I did have to break things to do him when I realized Connor was the one.
    Oh, physically? Never.

Ever… killed anyone before?
    Of course not!
    ... Do spiders count?

What kind of animal are you?
    Hmm... I would probably be a horse.

Name your worst weaknesses.
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm a good enough mother... because in dark moments, I wish we hadn't had them. I love them, of course! But there was just something about it just being the two of us... Please don't tell Connor. He's a great dad.

Do you look up to anyone at all?
    Oh, sure. Jacqui Miller one of my best friends is someone I look up to on the parenting front. She has four children, all of varying ages, and I wonder how she does it sometimes!

Are you straight, gay or bisexual?
    Straight of course.

Do you go to school?
    No. But I have considered going back to finish my degree.

Ever want to marry and have kids one day?
    Been there, done that.

Do you have fangirls/fanboys?
    Does Connor count?

What are you most afraid of?
    Fires.

What do you usually wear?
    Something casual and comfortable. I'm all about comfort over style.

What’s one food that tempts you?
    Mac and cheese. Mmm.

Am I annoying you?
    A little... I'm not used to talking so much about myself.

Well, it’s not over!
    Let's get this over with then.

What class are you (low class, middle class, high class)?
    Middle class I suppose.

How many friends do you have?
    Quite a few actually. But only a few really close ones.

What are your thoughts on pie?
    Chocolate pie, mm. Pizza pie, mm. Fruit pie, mm.

Favorite drink?
    Water. Or some juice.

What’s your favorite place?
    At home.

Are you interested in anyone?
    Besides my husband? No.

That was a stupid question.
    Yes.

Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean?
    Neither. I'll stay on dry land.

What’s your type?
    Connor.

Any fetishes?
    No.

Camping or indoors?
    Indoors. I need plumbing and electric and climate control...

(Hope I copied the questions correctly!)
    Sorry, no pictures!
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »

I totally understand where you are coming from because I would not be a happy camper without internet, tablets and computers. Having said that, I lived the bulk of my life before the advent of commercial internet and was already a full fledged adult before computers became commonplace in the home and did just fine without them. In fact, I probably had a better quality of life back then.

Same here, although the internet was a growing concern in my teen years. Still didn't have access to it at home for the most part. From around 1990 on the family had a word processor, but that was it. I didn't get a (crappy) computer of my own till around 2001 or so. And then it was basically only used to run Microsoft Word. But it's amazing how fast something becomes so ingrained in your life you wonder how you did without it. I was just fine with dial up internet up until around 2007 or so. It was cheap (only about $10 a month for unlimited usage), fast enough for what I used the internet for, and I was satisfied with the service. Hell, I thought that WebTV was a great service and happily subscribed to that for years before getting a decent computer. Then I started getting into online gaming so upgraded to DSL. At which point I vowed never to go back to dial up.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 -It might be that he'd seen a lot of it on TV or in his neighborhood.He sounds like something must've happened in his past that really affected him even if it had come from a movie he'd seen as a small child.Great update!Warren needs help soon.
    @Mikezumi -Great update!Thanks for the comment.
    @Vincent_Vengeance -I've got a buy mode fix in the works now.Great update!
    @Charlottesmom -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @emorrill -I had some glitching on my internet yesterday.Great interview!
    @lanlyn -Great interview update!It looks like fun.Great picture!Great update!
    @PalmArrow -Great update!
    @CravenLestat -Great picture!
    @mycami21 - wanted to get it solved for others playing similar styles to my games.Thanks for the comment.
    @MoonandStars83 -Great update!
    @plushtrap_107 -It's not been an issue since I've got a full NRaas Mod collection and I don't get automated school assignment anyways with awsomemod installed.It's possible children and kids might get bad traits on aging up and it's even easier to fix those with Master Controller to first remove bad traits and later choose the new repplacements.Great pictures!
    @faerie197 -That sounds as bad as some of my older saves were with the EA bugfest turned on as it tends to remove sims from towns and social workers taking children away from active or inactive families is know to cause save corruption as I found out the hard way with a few older saves.
    @Karritz -Great pictures!One of the pets looks like a clone of my friend Katy when she was alive.
    @ZeeGee -Great interview!
    @polrbear -Great update!
    @Nikkei_Simmer -Great update!Great interview!
    @TinySpaceFox -Have fun!Great update!
    @YJB19299 -Great interview!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!
    @ciane -Great interview!
    @bekkasan -Great interview!
    @OriginalMara -I lost count of the saves I lost to glitches,errors and corruption when I played Mod-free and that's not including the times my storyline was broken by the EA bugfest.Great interview!
    Here's an old picture of the Storybrook city hall and main library.
    22035943824_c914a0d5d7.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @TadOlson Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan, @emorrill and @Mikezumi Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @CravenLestat You did a great job on Kristen. After I posted the pic, I actually made her hair darker so you read my mind! :smiley:
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Charlotte and Jane: Update 3

41553294702_3b647afb8c_o.jpg
    I followed Charlotte into the library later that night after dinner. I stopped near a bookcase in front, while Charlotte was immediately drawn to the back.

Front and centre stood Eli, smiling, speaking to a blonde girl who had also been in our Chemistry class. Charlotte gave an entirely unamused look to the both of them, causing Eli to look at his feet. Caught.
    40882950694_f8ba26edb6_o.jpg
    41553295602_29292d5674_o.jpg

“Eli was just admiring my new watch.” The blonde said, haughtily, “Would you like to see?” She held her wrist upward with a smug look.
    26725602467_2dcc3836fb_o.jpg

“That's so interesting, Deirdre,” Charlotte said, though I could tell she was unimpressed.

“All the stylish young women are wearing them!” She said, again showing how much she wanted to tread on Charlotte.
    40882950324_dc25b57bf7_o.jpg

“Expensive?” Charlotte asked her.

The girl, who I now knew was Deirdre, smirked at my new friend. “I bought it in Bond street.”

“I find that so very unlikely.” Charlotte said, extremely blunt.
    41553295952_38438a5586_o.jpg

Excuse me?” She asked in return.
    26725602787_4f8f0fd441_o.jpg

“Well, if you'd taken a moment to examine the face of the watch you'd have noticed that it's French in style, yet the watch itself is manufactured in Switzerland according to the side.” She grabbed Deirdre’s wrist and rattled it about, “Yes, just as I thought. Italian parts inside. Congratulations Deirdre, your expensive new watch is nothing but a fake!”
    41553296482_b104a60529_o.jpg

“Keep your opinions to yourself, Charlotte!” Deirdre huffed.
    26725603097_b2273d52ab_o.jpg

Charlotte continued to glare daggers at Deirdre as the girl approached the boy who'd been neutrally watching them. I could tell Charlotte did not like how close to him Deirdre was getting. The black haired girl was left huffing as Deirdre awkwardly pulled Eli in, who only hugged her back to be polite.
    40702196995_eecb7f1b6e_o.jpg
    26725603347_4244e898c5_o.jpg

“I look forward to continuing our conversation, Eli,” The girl said pointedly, giving Charlotte a nasty look, “You know, when we have more...privacy…”

With that Deirdre walked with a high chin right past me and out. I realised I’d just been awkwardly eavesdropping, so I tried to make myself look busy with one of the bookcases.
    40702197215_f3d1b40d10_o.jpg
    41553295152_4222d6324c_o.jpg

“Why did you do that?” Eli asked Charlotte, giggling.
    26725603627_8b53c081ac_o.jpg

“Deirdre is a pompous primadonna.” Charlotte replied.
    40702197385_5278bd356d_o.jpg

Eli disagreed, “I think she's very sweet.”

“Oh really,” Charlotte’s face told how unamused she was, “Is that why you were standing so close to her? Flirting with her and letting her dribble all over your hand…”
    26725603947_f9aa78838b_o.jpg

Eli gave her a look, “Do I detect a sense of jealousy?”
    40702197555_c13699659d_o.jpg

“Charlotte Holmes, jealous?” She scoffed, “My dear that word has never entered my vocabulary.”

“And apparently,” He got a bit upset, “Neither has ‘Punctuality’!”
    26725604277_994fbe50b1_o.jpg

“Oh, I understand it, you're angry with me because I'm late…” Charlotte replied.

Eli turned slightly, walking a bit, “As usual…”

“I can explain!” Charlotte insisted.

“I understand,” Eli stated, flatly, “You had something more important…”

“How could you say that-”

40702197815_6b1afa2539_o.jpg

Charlotte’s voice was drowned out as I heard a bell ringing over the top of the bookcase. I made the mistake of trying to see what it was, and when I stepped up onto the makeshift step stool I slipped. Next thing I knew I was falling onto the hardwood.
    26725604567_259f84c031_o.jpg

Charlotte was about to give Eli a kiss when she heard me hit the floor.
    40702198035_8c56b5172d_o.jpg

They both ran to investigate just as I was getting myself up.
    26725604927_41d98299ba_o.jpg

“Eli,” Charlotte smiled, “Let me introduce you to my new friend, the clumsy but already quite loyal, Jane.”
    40702198295_0e0388cfbd_o.jpg

That's right, Jane, stop your future wife from kissing a boy by physically throwing your body to the ground.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top