Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    Jes2G wrote: »
    I just woke up and everything is pain...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better by now.

I'm ok now after that depression nap

Good!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Hello everyone, another day in paradise here. How are you all doing today?
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    hey yo
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Okay. You know I'm terrible at staying away from here. But, to be honest, this is probably the most welcoming thread I've ever been a part of. You're all awesome.

If you're wondering what sparked this... (you can read the spoiler. It's a mini story not really sim related.)
    ...went on another forum that I haven't been active on in like a year (not a sim one) and it's soooo dead. XD It made me miss hanging out in here. So, yeah. I'm back to share appreciation for you all. Also, the loading speed on this forum is great. Appreciation for that too.
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Okay. You know I'm terrible at staying away from here. But, to be honest, this is probably the most welcoming thread I've ever been a part of. You're all awesome.

If you're wondering what sparked this... (you can read the spoiler. It's a mini story not really sim related.)
    ...went on another forum that I haven't been active on in like a year (not a sim one) and it's soooo dead. XD It made me miss hanging out in here. So, yeah. I'm back to share appreciation for you all. Also, the loading speed on this forum is great. Appreciation for that too.

I feel ya. After spending a few years in a game community with a toxic player base, I appreciate this forum so much the more for the lovely people here. You're awesome too :)
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »

OJenn! Hello!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Well that's interesting the Mcain frozen fries are a Canadian company
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    edited April 2018
    My head hurts...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    My head huts...

Go to sleep
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    chalicen wrote: »

I feel ya. After spending a few years in a game community with a toxic player base, I appreciate this forum so much the more for the lovely people here. You're awesome too :)

Thanks! :smile:

Also, I've decided a semi-hiatus is better for me. Simlit is my output for all stress and stress is going to be me all the time. XD I'll be online whenever I have spare time. Like right now. XD

:smiley:
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    It's Friday the 13th today!

How was your Friday the 13th?

In my case I was able to pet a friendly kitty on the way home from work.

@pronterus I had a busy Friday the 13th. I spent almost 5 hours in an interview with five different people. Then I went to a friend's house for a board game night (stayed out till almost 1 am so I was pretty tired on Saturday since I had to be up early for house cleaning before work). It was worth it though! I had a lot of fun.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    On that note, Writer's Lounge peeps, I'm happy to announce I landed my dream job. :smiley: After four months of looking. That 5 hour interview led to a offer phone call and letter this morning. I also got another job offer with an equally good organization (but over 90 minute commute round trip and no benefits) so I took the closer one (40 minutes round trip). I'm super excited and I start fast - Thursday - so I'll be shifting to a more normal 9 to 5 job Monday through Friday as opposed to Tuesday-Saturday set-my-own hours so I'll most likely be online less starting at the end of this week. I do plan to stay on at my other job in an even more part-time (almost entirely telecommute) capacity with a stipend instead of a salary until my boss returns from sabbatical at the end of the summer so I'll be a busy bee in the next few months. However, I do plan to keep up with SimLit reading/writing, of course, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up since I may be more MIA than normal.

Other than that, I had a pretty full weekend (though it's starting to slow down - my weekend is Sunday-Monday). However, this weekend I had my normal five hours on Saturday afternoon after house cleaning since I was house sitting for friends and they arrived back in the early afternoon. Then Sunday I had a presentation at my work in the morning and a luncheon thing with work folks. Yesterday afternoon, I finally saw Jumangi. I know... I'm so far behind. Lol.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Shadyboop Welcome to the thread. And hugs... I understand depression as I battle with it myself. I won't pretend to have any magic answers, and I'll just say... hang in there. You are worthwhile and amazing and the world needs you. If you need to chat, feel free to PM me.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

I'm doing pretty good. Still a little bummed because of something that's happening next week (Next Monday to be exact). But because of it i'm gonna be writing a bit.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Okay, I'm bordering on Spamming the thread. Lol... but I wanted to share I've got LASL news. I will be posting M, W, F this week as I'm ahead of schedule. That means... :smiley: you guessed it! Another chapter today! :)

City Goal # 5: Enjoy the Spices
    03-14-18_12-47-26c2a0am.png?w=1024&h=576
    City Goal # 5 Enjoy the Spices
    debuting @MadameLee's Anne Charming and featuring @CathyTea's Cathy Tea and Sugar Maple Bough, @LegacySims2017's Joseph Simself, @MINEZ' Aria Rhys, @rockannie's Annie Rock, @simscognito's Riley Cognito, and @Skcaga6's Teresa Spinks

I have to say I'm loving City Living and all the excitement and colorful people and overall city feel. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Congratulations on the new job! Hopefully you won't get tired out :)
    Was Jumanji good?
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Really wishing school would calm down so I'd have a chance to catch up on writing >.<
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    On that note, Writer's Lounge peeps, I'm happy to announce I landed my dream job. :smiley: After four months of looking. That 5 hour interview led to a offer phone call and letter this morning.....

Congrats on your new job!! :sunglasses:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    @chalicen and @LegacySims2017 Thanks!

@chalicen Yes, I liked Jumangi. I liked the original because I love Robin Williams, but this one was fun, lighthearted fluff. Great for winding down after a crazy week. Plus I now have more reasons to love Karen Gillan (as I'm always a fan of redheads, especially female redheads who kick butt!) :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats on the job @AdamsEve1231
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    congrats on the job adamandeve. i missed that til jenn posted
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    congrats @AdamsEve1231 !!! :smile:
    Ooh and that latest chapter was awesome! :blush:
  • Options
    On that note, Writer's Lounge peeps, I'm happy to announce I landed my dream job. :smiley: After four months of looking. That 5 hour interview led to a offer phone call and letter this morning. I also got another job offer with an equally good organization (but over 90 minute commute round trip and no benefits) so I took the closer one (40 minutes round trip). I'm super excited and I start fast - Thursday - so I'll be shifting to a more normal 9 to 5 job Monday through Friday as opposed to Tuesday-Saturday set-my-own hours so I'll most likely be online less starting at the end of this week. I do plan to stay on at my other job in an even more part-time (almost entirely telecommute) capacity with a stipend instead of a salary until my boss returns from sabbatical at the end of the summer so I'll be a busy bee in the next few months. However, I do plan to keep up with SimLit reading/writing, of course, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up since I may be more MIA than normal.

Other than that, I had a pretty full weekend (though it's starting to slow down - my weekend is Sunday-Monday). However, this weekend I had my normal five hours on Saturday afternoon after house cleaning since I was house sitting for friends and they arrived back in the early afternoon. Then Sunday I had a presentation at my work in the morning and a luncheon thing with work folks. Yesterday afternoon, I finally saw Jumangi. I know... I'm so far behind. Lol.

Congrats! Tell us about this job.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    chalicen wrote: »

Thanks! :smile:

Also, I've decided a semi-hiatus is better for me. Simlit is my output for all stress and stress is going to be me all the time. XD I'll be online whenever I have spare time. Like right now. XD

:smiley:

bugsie is still crossing her fingers simlit will be on her exams. :):p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top