Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Hi @TheYayToast ! Nice to have you back! Oh wow! Impromptu vacation! How was that? :D
    Ah no! Annoying commutes. Speaking of which, because there was a bus strike yesterday, the traffic on the road was just terrible! We took forever to get home too. :D

Any who , how is everybody? XD

@simscognito I'm doing well. I think I've finally almost got everything reset with my mods and I just spent the last few hours getting a house set up for my new story. So hopefully soon I'll actually be able to unveil it to the world :grin:
    @AuroraLockwood yayy that's great news! Can't wait to read this new story. I really love your style of writing.
    Opicana wrote: »
    I just stopped by to say I have finally updated the Bullet Journal/Self-Care story that I'm working on: Letter #3 (Dear Therapist)

I apologize for having disappeared, I'm currently dealing with my own mental health issues.

Hi @Opicana . Oh yay a new chapter. I love this journal idea. Aww I'm sorry you're dealing with mental health issues. That's not fun and no need to apologise. Your health is more important. *hugs*

@simscognito Thanks :) I'm glad you like my writing and hope that my new story will be up to that same standard.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    chalicen wrote: »
    @Karilan I realised I missed your Blood+ recommendation! Adding that to my list too :)

Oh my goodness, @chalicen, and @Karilan, I loved Blood+. I wasn't sure I was going to like it and it took a bit to get going, plus I got confused a few times. Thankfully I watched with a person who had already seen it and explained things. But from a writer's perspective, I really thought the story line was fascinating (though it's pretty mature in terms of gore... not really for any other reason). I have a running joke with my friend about Diva whenever we hear operatic singing in another show. :p I also adore Hagi. :blush:

I forgot how much blood was in it, which is funny now considering the title. I think the story line is really creative, and I love the struggle between Saya and Diva.

After all our anime chatter yesterday I started marathoning Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.
    I cried. I cried a lot.

I am having a really weird day.

Tomorrow's a stat so today feels like a Friday. A co-worker of mine has a partner across the country for work who is coming home to surprise their son for the long weekend. He has a difficult transortation ride home that is either very expensive or very long, so all of us worked together to get her to leave the office. We took her computer away and our boss even stole her chair and forced her out of the office to go surprise HIM at the airport to take him home.

Then I realized I made a huge mistake with time zones and missed my grandma's funeral. The funeral home had a virtual thing to tune into the service and I missed it by 3 hours. Feel like a bad human being right now.

We smelled a gas leak in our office and had to evacuate. We've been waiting almost 2 hours now for the gas company to come check it out. Since we can't work anyway we're just messing around outside but I wish I'd grabbed my laptop so I could write. I don't like not doing something useful.

I'm just a really weird mix of emotions right now. :/
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @simscognito @CathyTea I was reading NAR today and on the NAW tag there was a restaurant coupon story (ie OP is a customer and has a coupon for items but worker is too lazy to put the coupon through) and since some people assumed it was Subway franchise-I googled the Subway and coupon and I came up with the POS mannuel and I went to the location where I thought it would be and copy&post what to do.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @Karilan These things happen and your Grandma knows that you love her. You could do what I did, and dedicate a Short Story to her - I know that made me feel better after my Granny passed.

It was nice of everyone to allow your colleague to get off to go and surprise her husband, that alone makes you good human being, so you're good in my books! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @Karilan No don't say that! It was an honest mistake, and that can't make that you a bad human being. That IS a very weird day though. xD Hope it gets better! :)

@rednenemon Ugh yeah from what I've heard of Attack on Titan, I wouldn't have liked it any more if I'd continued :D Love that Jean pic though, I've seen it around as a meme, and I've always found it hilarious!

Thank you to everyone that gave me anime recommendations! I'll go through them when I miss anime again :smiley:
    My favourite anime is kind of weird- it's called Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and it's a total man's anime (of men, by men, for men...) but I love it so much. I can't even explain why. It starts somewhat normal (?) then by the end it blows up to cosmic scale... literally... and it's such a ride. It also has a great opening. Yeah, I'm weird like that. xD
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited March 2018
    @LegacySims2017 Yep, my husband handled the mouse (or mice since we've had several more). Apparently my cat was indifferent. Lol. Or maybe it was too early in the morning for her to want to chase/eliminate a mouse. :D She's not a morning person creature... just like me.

...and my week isn't over yet. Thankfully work is slow today... well, slower than normal. How's your work week going?

My cat is truly a scaredy cat when it comes to mice. She'll watch a mouse and follow it, but as soon it looks like the mouse is moving her way or turns around, she stops and runs away. It's funny as plumbob to watch. She's an indoors cat, so I don't let her go out, but it's the same thing for outside critters. She'll be at the screen door and hiss at the squirrels, but as soon as they come up to the door, she darts bat out of plumbob. :grimace:

Next week will be my last week of doing doubles at work. Some days are going fast and others not so fast. The not so fast days I get to hang out on my computer at work and do some SimLit reading, tho. So they kind of go by fast I guess.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 And here's my cute Dulcinea (Dulcie):
    dulcie.jpg
    dulcie_too.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    dulcie.jpg
    dulcie_too.jpg

Are we sharing cat pics now or something??? :smiley: I've had a lot of cats so...
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Are we sharing cat pics now or something??? :smiley: I've had a lot of cats so...

No one is stopping you. :grimace:
    That was just a follow up to my response to her about our cat stories.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

I am sadly allergic to cats, and have no other pets.

My simself was cuddling her dog yesterday and it was so cute I changed my av, though!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Oh no! It's a cat conversation! *Cog runs away!*
  • Options
    giphy.gif
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

My simself was cuddling her dog yesterday and it was so cute I changed my av, though!

Cute dog in the av.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    giphy.gif

Help! I'm being hugged to death! :D

@Karilan Dad's allergic to cats and my brother's allergic to dogs, so we can't have either, unfortunately. *Heavy sigh* XD
    Awww that dog is soooo cute. What's their name?
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

This is my kitty, known as either Mr Pain or Flash (the latter being his actual name.)
    (Taken about 4 years ago as I'm lazy with taking pics)
    ZbGTNrcl.jpg
    I jokingly call him febreze because...
    he's my mum's cat and she kinda has a whole obsession with cleaning and this crossover...
    340457011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=dce45580b0d4d972f8262a7beb556ea6
  • Options
    This is my kitty, known as either Mr Pain or Flash (the latter being his actual name.)
    ZbGTNrcl.jpg

I think it's funny how cats love close up shots.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @simscognito when you get married (if you either do) or after you move out you/your partner could adopt a pet. Remember the Matt G guy? Well his family including himself have allergies (but his is mostly to flowers) and after he and his partner moved in together they got a dog.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

ZbGTNrcl.jpg
    he's my mum's cat and she kinda has a whole obsession with cleaning and this crossover...

@Bugsie2016 I like your mum's pet! XD
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito when you get married (if you either do) or after you move out you/your partner could adopt a pet. Remember the Matt G guy? Well his family including himself have allergies (but his is mostly to flowers) and after he and his partner moved in together they got a dog.

@MadameLee Yeah, although I'm more of a rabbit person, so I imagine living on a patch with bunnies. XD We actually have a lot of bunnies where I live, but this season, most of them have been killed off by farmers and hawks. *Heavy sigh* :(
  • Options
    giphy.gif

100% how I picture Cog from now on.
    giphy.gif

Help! I'm being hugged to death! :D

@Karilan Dad's allergic to cats and my brother's allergic to dogs, so we can't have either, unfortunately. *Heavy sigh* XD
    Awww that dog is soooo cute. What's their name?

China <3 I used to work for a dog breeder who specialized in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and her private dog looked exactly like this. Fortunately the job didn't require me to do much more than watch the puppies to make sure they didn't play rough, which is good because I was so useless. I just laid down in their pen with them and let them climb all over me.

Shame you can't have a cat or dog, but bunnies are great too! I had a mouse in high school because I had limited space for a cage but wanted something to look after.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

I especially love stories and movies that are told out-of-order. @AdamsEve1231 did this recently in Nightblooming Jasmine, and I loved reading it so much! I always remember these stories chronologically, but the act of creating the chronology is so engaging and rewarding that it makes the reading very active for me, which is loads of fun!

Thank you, @CathyTea. I had a hard time doing this well with KCLKF and the overlap with all her subsequent spinoffs, Interludes and Solitude, From Riverview, With Love, and Thick As Thieves. I feel more experienced and better prepared for NBJ so I'm okay with the out-of-order chaos that ensues. Some of this is because I planned more effectively for NBJ, and ironically, there are parts I didn't plan that just worked and flowed and I left it. I'm feeling pretty energized by writing NBJ. I appreciate the compliments. I have another flashback kind-of chapter today for NBJ if you haven't already noticed. :)@Karilan I am only about five chapters in with NBJ and I only release on Thursdays. You can read here if you'd like.
    So I am going through something kind of weird right now, writing wise.

I'm writing a difficult set of chapters and even though I know what I want to do and I know some of the words I want to use, I'm having a lot of trouble writing it consecutively. I'm jumping back and forth between writing a chapter then jumping 10 chapters ahead, then 5 chapters back, etc. I think the continuity is okay and I'm rereading everything carefully, but my head has never been so scattered before. The parts I thought would be difficult are forming easily, and the parts I thought would be straight forward feel like a brick wall!

Have you had a sequence that you wrote out of order? What issues did you face?

@Karilan Keeping things straight. I didn't plan properly for what I mentioned above with KCLKF and her spinoffs so I had the hardest time remembering all the loose ends. This time around, I'm working hard to keep things straighter, even if just for me, because I still might tell stories out of order, but as the author, I'd like to have a better grasp of my direction and plot. :D However, I like to write when I'm bit with the inspiration bug so sometimes stories and scenes just happen for me, and that's always fun. I love the beauty of a story that practically writes itself.

I recommend keeping notes, even if you do write out of order, and ask yourself strategic questions as to why you messing with chronology and what kinds of loose ends there are and how you plan to resolve them or not resolve them. I don't always answer that last question because sometimes I wait to discover the best option in the writing process itself, but the notes help me keep things as straight as I can so I don't confuse myself and confound my readers.
    I'm a "feeler"--my work usually starts with a feeling (sometimes I call it an itch, because that's what it feels like) that I have to explore. Sometimes, there's a first line, a title, or an image, character, or setting associated with the feeling. Sometimes, it's just the feeling.

sometimes she gets two or 3 then has to pick one its not unusal for her to start a new story while still writing her first itch,

I can understand this feeling. :D I have this problem... er... issue...er...knack for finding three new stories in one burst of imaginative energy.

sissy is the feeler i'm the teasing little sis.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ZbGTNrcl.jpg

I think it's funny how cats love close up shots.

so do hamsters. i think the bender pets are more cooperative than the actual benders . they stay still i get thebenders together for pics and someone always moves before i hit c.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

so do hamsters. i think the bender pets are more cooperative than the actual benders . they stay still i get thebenders together for pics and someone always moves before i hit c.

I love the hamsters! I like how they mug for the camera!

hamcam17.png?w=660&zoom=2

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Yep, my husband handled the mouse (or mice since we've had several more). Apparently my cat was indifferent. Lol. Or maybe it was too early in the morning for her to want to chase/eliminate a mouse. :D She's not a morning person creature... just like me.

...and my week isn't over yet. Thankfully work is slow today... well, slower than normal. How's your work week going?

My cat is truly a scaredy cat when it comes to mice. She'll watch a mouse and follow it, but as soon it looks like the mouse is moving her way or turns around, she stops and runs away. It's funny as plumbob to watch. She's an indoors cat, so I don't let her go out, but it's the same thing for outside critters. She'll be at the screen door and hiss at the squirrels, but as soon as they come up to the door, she darts bat out of plumbob. :grimace:

Next week will be my last week of doing doubles at work. Some days are going fast and others not so fast. The not so fast days I get to hang out on my computer at work and do some SimLit reading, tho. So they kind of go by fast I guess.

@LegacySims2017 My neighbors have chickens. My cat is super curious about them, but since she's an indoor cat, I don't let her out often. She was a stray when we rescued her so she spent some time outdoors so when the weather is nice, she wants outside badly but only for about fifteen minutes max and then she walks herself back to the door. However, when our neighbors first got chickens, she took off running back for the house after about three minutes because the chickens banded together and sort-of marched toward the fence in a line. It was the funniest thing, but it scared her.
    dulcie.jpg
    dulcie_too.jpg

Aww... she's gorgeous!
    Here's my lil' cutie... 20171009_104458.jpg?w=768&h=1024
    @simscognito Cog, come back! I'd miss you if you ran away. Lol.

My little sister has a rabbit... and English spot and he is a pain in the plum, but he loves taco shells. That's how I get him to cooperate. :D He enjoys posturing at my cat the few times we've rabbit-sat, but then my kitty jumps in the cage and he loses all his bravado. She could totally take him if she tried.
    giphy.gif

This is adorable!

ZbGTNrcl.jpg

Aww... @Bugsie2016 Pretty kitty! :)

@Karilan Sadness! You're allergic. I'm actually allergic to certain dogs. Something about their dander... and something about this time of year. I'd like to have a dog too someday when I have the land for one. In the meantime, we're hoping to get another cat. I've been toying with the idea of an all black kitten or a tabby. However, we're not sure we can take on another cat just yet.

Cat conversations make my heart happy. <3 Aww.... :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Happy Timezones everyone! How's everyone's days going?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @AdamsEve1231 *Cog pokes head round door!* Psst... coast clear??? *Checks for cats. Sees none. Lets out sigh and creeps back into the lounge*

Awww your sister's bunny sounds cute. But that kitty is a bit of a cheeky monkey! :D
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Happy Timezones everyone! How's everyone's days going?

Hi @Rockannie I'm good. Just finished editing a chapter for tomorrow. XD Also got back to the art blog. Should be posting another sim portrait soon, Yayyyy!!!!. :D How are you?? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top