Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @coolsim9999999 - Wow! That is Gold! Did you change the lights to yellow? It creates a really cool glowy effect! Definitely regal and fun! Great room!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,103 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thank you very much @Ainsleyf B)! I changed the lighting to gold :D!

@Ainsleyf --- I really like how your room looks, and the throne area is really cool B)!

Everyone has had quite the "Midas Touch!"
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    For some reason I keep doing new challenges rather than focus on my Venice build. rofl... RIP me :lol:

@Cbear13 Question: I have a bookshelf that because of the placement clips into a door archway. Now, I can't really wiggle it around to avoid it, because of where it is. So unless it is okay, I will have to change the bookshelf itself and pick a smaller one. I'd prefer to avoid that as I think this one overall looks better. ( I have been trying other options).

So, will this be ok in terms of judging? I mean I don't have an artistic reason other than "it looks better" lol. Or should I change the shelf?

Cqn6GUH.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    @Laebeth Don't forget that we can shrink items now. See what is looks like a size lower. If you still don't like it, then picking a new one would probably be best.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    @okester Oh believe me, I know. haha. I use the shrink option all the time!

Gotta be careful though, it can easily look unnatural when shrunk, as if it's a miniature version. Bookshelves are a good example of that. Also, having a tiny bookshelf in a large grand room looks even more strange than in a normal living room. :lol:

So if I need to it will look better to just change the entire shelf. But then I will have a bookshelf that is a bit too deep, and will look strange for other reasons. That's why I liked this one, it's very thin and fits well in the space. The color fits well too. It's just the darn clipping! :lol:

We'll see what happens! It will turn out okay any way I think :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Thinking of maybe trying this out. Though I have to admit I've been out of the game for a while. :blush:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Thinking of maybe trying this out. Though I have to admit I've been out of the game for a while. :blush:

Hello @ashcrash19 :) It would be great if you would like to enter the challenge! I will look forward to seeing your room if you decide to do it :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    QC Room challenge no: 74
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Advanced
    Gallery Name: The Gilded Parlour
    Gallery Link: Here
    Notes about entry:
    This room was inspired by a photo I came across while searching for inspiration. It had the hallway with the archways on each side leading up to the throne itself. This became the base of my room, and then I built the rest of it around it. I made sure to include some activities for the king, such as the chess table and the violin next to his throne, and also the bar globe for him to sneak a night cap. The cat next to his throne was the kings poor cat, caught in his gilded madness :open_mouth::lol:

One of the vases with the outdoor bush/flower in it will be clipping into each other slightly. I tried to keep it as clean as possible.

Images (2 - 6 images):

dwAOl8p.png
    WwNyZRV.png
    F1RyaoP.png
    bWnPfPX.png
    dDuA5Pt.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    The Gilded Parlour looks so very regal and royal! @Laebeth :) The golden colour scheme looks so very nice how you have used it through the room! The layout of the room with archways either sides of the throne hallway looks very creatively great! Very nice windows golden throne nook! It is nice that golden knights are standing on guard each either sides of the throne. The floor, wall and ceiling candles are very nice touches in the room. The golden bullions look great on the floor! Very nice golden sofa siting areas for the King to enjoy resting there having a drink from the globe bar, reading a book, eating some fruit , and kept warm by the warmth of the fireplace. He will enjoy playing chess in the room. The portrait and landscape pictures and the shield wall items look great in the room. The type of doors used looks very elegant! The knights either sides of the door look great there also!
    It is a very nice golden room for the King! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate/Beginner
    Gallery Name: Gold Is The New Black
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E2507C5D183111E881D036427980D667
    Notes about entry:
    This room was a lot of fun to make! The female statue in the corner is supposed to represent his daughter. The plaque above her is a "In Loving Memory" of sorts. I gave a variety of activities such as: the organ, food buffet (with "gold" cheese fountain), drinking globe, painting easel, fireplace/sitting, chess, wall bookshelf, and the violin. I used the mural from City Living in the one room, which hopefully stays in good condition. I tried my hardest not to have anything touch, other than the gold on purpose. I know the tomes on the coffee table aren't fully gold, but my idea was that since they were ancient texts, he was researching a cure for his daughter. A few pieces are very close to touching but do not from what I can see. The rope fence does "cut off" at the wall, but I'm not sure how I could have fixed it as it's attaching to the wall. The seats in the front are for spectators, as when looking up throne rooms I saw seating on the side. Also, Elsa decided to walk in and play chess as I was trying to take pictures. :D

I also uploaded King Midas in case anyone wants him. I thought his formal suit was quite glittery. ;)
    Even if I don't place, this was a fun and unique challenge to try! I haven't done one in a while. <3

26557198558_6f0a2def93_o.jpg02-22-18_6-09-27 PM by Ashley H., on Flickr
    25558026797_b15d7255f2_o.png02-22-18_7-37-57 PM by Ashley H., on Flickr
    39718524254_1d9d973c87_o.png02-22-18_7-36-58 PM by Ashley H., on Flickr
    26557193248_d12080cbf8_o.png02-22-18_6-14-50 PM by Ashley H., on Flickr
    25557128457_c0a160ddc0_o.png02-22-18_6-10-23 PM by Ashley H., on Flickr

Post edited by ashcrash19 on
  • Options
    Gold is The New Black looks a very elegant room! @ashcrash19 :) The layout of the room is very nice! Very nice golden colour scheme of the room, and the wall patterning designs look very royal! Very nice throne area! It looks nice that it is separated off by red ropes. The gold beaded and golden curtains, shield items and tapestries are very nice touches on the throne wall. The golden cat and gold bullions look great there! It is great that golden knights are standing on guard either sides of the throne. It is a special touch that the female sculpture reflects his daughter <3 The King will enjoy playing the pipe organ and the violin, and have fun playing chess. Very nice nook area with the golden food buffet! The golden and mosaic floor tiling and the mural from City Living looks very nice.! He will enjoy eating the food from the buffet, as well as enjoying having a drink from the globe bar in the room. The golden sofa seat sitting nook is very nice! He will enjoy relaxing there in front of the fire reading a book, or enjoy doing some painting on the easel. The golden flame trophy and golden cat are great touches on the fireplace ledge.
    It is a very detailed golden kingly room! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Gold is The New Black looks a very elegant room! @ashcrash19 :) The layout of the room is very nice! Very nice golden colour scheme of the room, and the wall patterning designs look very royal! Very nice throne area! It looks nice that it is separated off by red ropes. The gold beaded and golden curtains, shield items and tapestries are very nice touches on the throne wall. The golden cat and gold bullions look great there! It is great that golden knights are standing on guard either sides of the throne. It is a special touch that the female sculpture reflects his daughter <3 The King will enjoy playing the pipe organ and the violin, and have fun playing chess. Very nice nook area with the golden food buffet! The golden and mosaic floor tiling and the mural from City Living looks very nice.! He will enjoy eating the food from the buffet, as well as enjoying having a drink from the globe bar in the room. The golden sofa seat sitting nook is very nice! He will enjoy relaxing there in front of the fire reading a book, or enjoy doing some painting on the easel. The golden flame trophy and golden cat are great touches on the fireplace ledge.
    It is a very detailed golden kingly room! :)

Thank you, Rose. :) This took about 3 hours to do, as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. :wink::blush:
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Laebeth

Love what you did! Just put mine up after not having done one for months.

Btw, how did you get the hallway pictures? I tried using tab but because my hallway is narrow I had issues with the wall up and tab.

• Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Laebeth sorry been hectic week, hmmm I think that would be picked up and critiqued as its quite obvious that its sticking in to the arch
    I am quite forgiving if it was just sticking into the wall because it is a two tile sized object and thats a bit of a game flaw but the door way (arch) makes it look more obvious in a placement error
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Cbear13 If this isn't allowed I'll take it down, but I was excited and wanted to share. After submitting here, I decided to take on Rosemow's Apple Harvest Kitchen challenge. I actually quite like what I came up despite being simple in nature and wanted to show y'all. The rug is supposed to represent different colored apples, and the wallpaper the gradient of apples, same with the door. Oh, and Graham decided to stop by and make some popcorn. :D
    I've been feeling really creative and wanted to come out of my shell a bit with Midas and rosemow's. :)

38621551750_2276a0bfa8_o.png02-22-18_11-45-48 PM by Ashley H., on Flickr
    39536334145_1a8fa218b2_o.png02-22-18_11-47-20 PM by Ashley H., on Flickr
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @ashcrash19 no need to take it down, its a great room love the shades of colors to represent apples and perfect paintings for the theme
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    @ashcrash19 no need to take it down, its a great room love the shades of colors to represent apples and perfect paintings for the theme

@Cbear13 Thanks! That means a lot coming from you. :)

These have been fun! I hope you like my Midas entry, i thought the cheese fountain was funny.
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited February 2018
    @laebeth - That's gorgeous! And the way you divided the room up is perfect! It rocks!
    @Ashcrash19 - very pretty and bright room and I love what you did with the tiling under the buffet table and your Apple Kitchen is very cute. All the apple paintings are great!
  • Options
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @laebeth - That's gorgeous! And the way you divided the room up is perfect! It rocks!
    @Ashcrash19 - very pretty and bright room and I love what you did with the tiling under the buffet table and your Apple Kitchen is very cute. All the apple paintings are great!

Thanks @Ainsleyf! For my first room in some time, I had fun with it. :) Yours is lovely too.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @ashcrash19 Thank you! As for the photos, they were taken in TAB mode yes. I typically switch to the Sims3 camera, then I go into TAB mode and position myself how I want. I try and take photos from Sim perspective.

If you are in TAB mode you can easily zoon in and out to more easily photograph small spaces, like bathrooms. I just use the mouse wheel to scroll and zoom in or out. Just be warned, be very careful with it. It very easily zooms too much which give the room an unnatural and warped look. Worst case you can always drop in and out of TAB mode to reset the zoom to standard.

In this particular case I had zoomed a tiny bit out to get a better view of the hallway.

Your room looks wonderful by the way! Some really lovely details added, like the tiled floor. I also love the organ :blush:

@Cbear13 Thank you for the feedback! I did end up making an executive decision and changed the bookshelf (luckily), so it won't be an issue. But good to know, as I was very unsure if it would be acceptable or not.

@rosemow Thank you so much Rose :heart:

@Ainsleyf Thank you smooches! I actually wasn't going to participate for this one, not until I saw your room in fact! haha. Suddenly I got all inspired! Your room looks wonderful sweetie, I really love all the draped curtains. So royal!
    Post edited by Ninnster on

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @Cbear13 I did my best with this golden room :p I found it difficult to find non-obvious stuff for this, I thought about not finishing it. At the end I focused only to achieve a golden bright. Also I was overwhelmed because the room is very expensive. Some of my family houses are cheaper. But I finished and that is good :#

Entry Form:
    Origin ID: osiazul
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: advanced
    Gallery Name: Midas Living Room
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/75D23D7018E611E887EB73C6E17ED8DF
    Notes about entry: the golden table of the luxury party stuff is empty so it can be used for the bar drinks (sims usually put those drinks in the floor, yikes!). I found something weird: now you can put stuff over the golden fruits and the tea set (items at the sides of the throne), it was like the game did not see those items, and no, MOO was not on.

Images (2 - 6 images):

SW0N3Cl.png
    F1vf4oy.png
    nsOagXF.png
    xR33Xel.png
  • Options
    The golden design of Midas Living room looks very nice ! @emere :) The wall paneling and the golden circular floor rugs on the golden pathway to the throne, looks very elegant! Very nice golden throne area! The knights look great standing guard either sides of the throne! The way that you have done the throne wall and the squares and sun wall decor on either sides looks great! The King will have fun playing chess in his room. It is nice that there area arm chairs on each side of the throne pathway for him to have visitors come and chat. Very nice golden fireplace booknook and sitting area! The golden skulls, statue, bullions and trophies look great on the fireplace ledge! The King will enjoy sitting on the stools near the fire resting, having a drink from the globe bar and reading a book. Llama gold statue in the corner nook looks great! The bullions, golden flowers, musical note and flame trophy are great touches on top of the piano. The golden lights look pretty lining the edges of the pathway.
    It is a very nice golden furnished room! :)
  • Options
    @Cbear13 Do you have a thread where you all share your creations with each other, or no? I made a new small house that I tried to pay more attention to regarding detail, but I don't know where to show you all. I did make an "Ashcrash19's Creations" thread in Sims 4 Lots. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top