Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    On which channel do you guys watch Survivor?

RTL5
    Banner.png
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Wow... I will check it out... Both... ;)
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited November 2017
    I want to rant about a certain Survivor player.
    I don't like Ryan or more so how much of a fool he is.

He did everything wrong with Ali. Ali was an ally of his. He should have told Ali that he wanted to get Roark out. Ali became upset to the point where he had to vote her out. But the fact he wanted to keep Ali in the game to vote JP is also very idio.tic.

The edit tries to make him seem like a strategic mastermind but he is kinda not. I also feel like Ali would have been way loyal than Christy as he knows her way more than Christy.

Do not read unless you watch the recent episode
    Post edited by x_MG_x on
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Hey guys, My theatre group has recently decided to host a murder mystery weekend during the holidays so to get in the mood I've decided to re-watch one of my favourite reality shows Whodunnit?

I've been thinking, Once I finish Escape the Room. Would anyone be interested in playing a game of Whodunnit?
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Hey guys, My theatre group has recently decided to host a murder mystery weekend during the holidays so to get in the mood I've decided to re-watch one of my favourite reality shows Whodunnit?

I've been thinking, Once I finish Escape the Room. Would anyone be interested in playing a game of Whodunnit?

I've never heard of it, but I'll try. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member

Heck yes! Its an awesome show! I wish they brought it back a second season would be killer :P
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

Yes, please. I've never done one in RL, but JoeWow did one similar awhile back, which was a ton of fun. In fact, I believe I came in 2nd and JoJo won it, which now that I think about it was a long time ago. lol
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that people want to play. :mrgreen:

I haven't worked out everything yet but it's in the development stages. I think it will probably follow the set up of the TV show with one or two changes. I just need to think of a plot (I have a venue in mind) and work out some of the game.

But yeah, Once Escape the room is done I'll get to work on that. :smile:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

Why not? Now who to play as... (if it's going to have episodes. Terse's Whodunnit back in the day didn't :( Kinda missing Terse here... :( )
    Banner.png
  • Options

Yes, please. I've never done one in RL, but JoeWow did one similar awhile back, which was a ton of fun. In fact, I believe I came in 2nd and JoJo won it, which now that I think about it was a long time ago. lol

Miss Sequoia FTW! :smiley: Still remember following that along... :)
    Banner.png
  • Options

It was an awesome game! I loved every moment. I've thought about recreating it. I found the thread and put it in my bookmarks for the possibility one day. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Why not? Now who to play as... (if it's going to have episodes. Terse's Whodunnit back in the day didn't :( Kinda missing Terse here... :( )

It will probably have episodes. Just remember not to submit someone you are too attached to (they may not survive til the end! :naughty: )

I miss Terse as well, There are a few of the old reality show gang I haven't seen for awhile. :cry:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

It was an awesome game! I loved every moment. I've thought about recreating it. I found the thread and put it in my bookmarks for the possibility one day. lol

I had never seen that game Lo, If you get the chance could you possibly post a link to it. I'd love to read it. :smile:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member

I didn't even know you knew Jojo :o

And can Whodunnit actually be considered a reality show? :p Not sure what else it would be though lol. "Faux Reality Show"? "Scripted Reality"?
  • Options
    Hey guys, My theatre group has recently decided to host a murder mystery weekend during the holidays

Ooh what are you guys going to do all weekend?? Sounds like a ton of fun, I wish I had friends like that. Or just friends in general lmao
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Is ‘okayest’ supposed to be a compliment? :p

I was going to say the same thing--seems like an insult at first, but then you realize the joke, which is that most bosses s.u.c.k, so yeah, I guess it's a compliment haha.

And omg. Your siggy GIF... So weirdly hilarious! I like how they added that small detail of how a cat's backside arches up when you pet down its back... And then the human does it too XD
  • Options
    I am, too. The more I see Lauren, the more she grows on me. I also like Chrissy and was shocked when she didn't save her friend with that immunity idol.

Ben grew on me a little this last epi (won't say why).

I like Jessica, but she needs to quit trusting Cole. He's an plum.

I really like Devon and Ryan. Those two are my favs, I think. Though, if Chrissy and JP stick together, things could happen there, too. However, I feel like JP isn't really a game player.

And I really love Ali a lot. However, she needs to be careful. I think she's very compassionate and that could get her into trouble down the road.

And yes, the tribal swap really created a fun chaos. :D

I'm pretty sure I'm caught up now. The merge hasn't happened yet, right? But I think it's happening next week.
    I'm kinda "eh" on Lauren, but I can see why she's growing on you. I can't help but feel like she looks like someone from the early 2000's or late 1990's and it's throwing me off lol. I think it's the hairstyle?
    I'm a big fan of Chrissy. In fact I wanted a power alliance of her, Ryan, and Ali, but that obviously isn't happening anymore... Which is a bummer.

Yes! That Ben segment was great, so authentic. A prime example of why Survivor is a million times better than Big Brother. You don't get many moments like that on BB, but Survivor does it effortlessly. At first I was confused what was happening and then it clicked realizing he was in the Marines.

Jessica and Cole are so cute together, but yeah, their relationship is getting a bit toxic, and there's no way Cole can win now because he's been given a negative edit. So here's to hoping she jumps off that ship before it goes down! She seems really sweet, I thought he was the same, but he's been getting a little bratty with the food thing, WHICH, he has the right to, since he did technically faint. So he had a point. But still... He's rubbing people the wrong way and that surprised me. I thought he wasn't like that at all.
    Perhaps it's just the hunger, discomfort, stress, etc, getting to him. Can't judge him in that type of situation.

Devon and Ryan are great, but I'm mad at Ryan for getting Ali out. Made no sense to me, still doesn't, why he'd want JP over her. I'm sure his reason is valid but I can't think of a good enough argument.
    I want to see more of Devon actually, but, he probably won't win so meh.

Ali was my winner pick. RIP
    You predicted that really well! Her emotions got the best of her, which led to her downfall. +1 for Lo! :p

I'm not ready for the merge. It's so chaotic XD It's super overwhelming because the game gets insanely complex. It's so much fun but I'm just not prepared for it haha
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »

He did everything wrong with Ali. Ali was an ally of his. He should have told Ali that he wanted to get Roark out. Ali became upset to the point where he had to vote her out. But the fact he wanted to keep Ali in the game to vote JP is also very idio.tic.

The edit tries to make him seem like a strategic mastermind but he is kinda not. I also feel like Ali would have been way loyal than Christy as he knows her way more than Christy.

Yeah I'm confused by his decision too. Didn't seem the most strategic... I need an explanation! But don't think I'll be getting one for awhile. Maybe I'll listen to RHAP ("Rob Has A Podcast") to see what they think, because as it stands now it seems he made the wrong decision.
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    Hey guys, My theatre group has recently decided to host a murder mystery weekend during the holidays

Ooh what are you guys going to do all weekend?? Sounds like a ton of fun, I wish I had friends like that. Or just friends in general lmao

What we are planning to do is to host a murder mystery event the weekend before Christmas. (We hosted the same one last year) so I've been asked to reprise my role as Rev. Timothy the narcoleptic Vicar. :lol:

It's a really fun weekend, We stay overnight at this hotel and entertain guests who stay there. On the Saturday we invite the guests to join us for dinner (with the actors playing different characters) and during the dinner somebody dressed as Santa Claus who gives out presents to the guests is "killed" in a similar style to Whodunnit?

Then we give the guests the rest of the weekend to solve the case and catch the murderer by finding clues and interviewing the suspects. (me and the other actors) On the Sunday night a detective (another actor) arrives and the guests who are in teams of 4 are asked to state their case and tell us Whodunnit, How and Why?

Finally the killer is revealed (there is a different ending/killer each time) and the winning team wins a prize. So its all to play for and its a great opportunity to play armchair detective. I love playing the different characters so I always have a ton of fun. I'm hoping this year it will be my turn to be the murderer. :naughty:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

And can Whodunnit actually be considered a reality show? :p Not sure what else it would be though lol. "Faux Reality Show"? "Scripted Reality"?

I suppose it's more like being in a crime drama where the players decide the outcome. Sort of half a reality show/half an episode of CSI. :lol:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

I had never seen that game Lo, If you get the chance could you possibly post a link to it. I'd love to read it. :smile:

Here it is.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Here it is.

Thank you Lo! :mrgreen:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    I am, too. The more I see Lauren, the more she grows on me. I also like Chrissy and was shocked when she didn't save her friend with that immunity idol.

Ben grew on me a little this last epi (won't say why).

I like Jessica, but she needs to quit trusting Cole. He's an plum.

I really like Devon and Ryan. Those two are my favs, I think. Though, if Chrissy and JP stick together, things could happen there, too. However, I feel like JP isn't really a game player.

And I really love Ali a lot. However, she needs to be careful. I think she's very compassionate and that could get her into trouble down the road.

And yes, the tribal swap really created a fun chaos. :D

I'm pretty sure I'm caught up now. The merge hasn't happened yet, right? But I think it's happening next week.
    I'm kinda "eh" on Lauren, but I can see why she's growing on you. I can't help but feel like she looks like someone from the early 2000's or late 1990's and it's throwing me off lol. I think it's the hairstyle?
    I'm a big fan of Chrissy. In fact I wanted a power alliance of her, Ryan, and Ali, but that obviously isn't happening anymore... Which is a bummer.

Yes! That Ben segment was great, so authentic. A prime example of why Survivor is a million times better than Big Brother. You don't get many moments like that on BB, but Survivor does it effortlessly. At first I was confused what was happening and then it clicked realizing he was in the Marines.

Jessica and Cole are so cute together, but yeah, their relationship is getting a bit toxic, and there's no way Cole can win now because he's been given a negative edit. So here's to hoping she jumps off that ship before it goes down! She seems really sweet, I thought he was the same, but he's been getting a little bratty with the food thing, WHICH, he has the right to, since he did technically faint. So he had a point. But still... He's rubbing people the wrong way and that surprised me. I thought he wasn't like that at all.
    Perhaps it's just the hunger, discomfort, stress, etc, getting to him. Can't judge him in that type of situation.

Devon and Ryan are great, but I'm mad at Ryan for getting Ali out. Made no sense to me, still doesn't, why he'd want JP over her. I'm sure his reason is valid but I can't think of a good enough argument.
    I want to see more of Devon actually, but, he probably won't win so meh.

Ali was my winner pick. RIP
    You predicted that really well! Her emotions got the best of her, which led to her downfall. +1 for Lo! :p

I'm not ready for the merge. It's so chaotic XD It's super overwhelming because the game gets insanely complex. It's so much fun but I'm just not prepared for it haha
    Yep. At least that's what the commercials show. Oh, I forgot I wrote that about Ali. Haha! I was right. I'm sad it happened so fast, though. :/ Sometimes I wish I could realize I'm picking up on something when I'm doing it. lol

I really like Devon a lot. I'm not sure who will win. I hope it's not Ryan, though. I like Chrissy, I guess, but I'm not sure she'll make it. I could see her having a emotional break down at some point after the merge in the middle along the way. If that makes sense. :D

Cole needs to go. He's a liability. Whoever is with him will need to carry him since he obviously needs food. I'm not sure it's worth it.

Currently, I suppose, I'm pulling for either Ben or Lauren. And yes, Turner, she definitely looks 90'ish and it's probably the haircut. She's not quite moved into the current times because she fishes all alone. Sometimes you just got get out of the tangled nets and fish guts to join the real world. At the same time, I completely understand her not wanting to conform to what everyone else does or wants. I'm a rebel like that, too.
    x_MG_x wrote: »

Yeah I'm confused by his decision too. Didn't seem the most strategic... I need an explanation! But don't think I'll be getting one for awhile. Maybe I'll listen to RHAP ("Rob Has A Podcast") to see what they think, because as it stands now it seems he made the wrong decision.
    I'm not super thrilled with Ryan either. I mean, I really liked Ali. She totally got railroaded. But it's happened to others, too. Maybe Ryan will get kicked out sooner rather than later.

I've never heard of RHAP, though. Perhaps I'll listen to that at work. :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Here it is.

Thank you Lo! :mrgreen:

You are very welcome. I remember there being things in the background like emails that happened, too. So, you won't see much of that. But still, fun times.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Yeah. She also had a wishacy like me. So I read hers and learned and asked questions. But she left shortly after I joined mafia. She's not been around much since.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories