Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FULL LIST OF CAT AND DOG BREEDS IN THE SIMS 4 CATS AND DOGS!!

Comments

• Options
    ShadoFoxxShadoFoxx Posts: 10 New Member
    The only dog breed I'm truly excited about seeing in this EP is the Airedale Terrier, especially since TS3 Pets is where I discovered the breed. I recently became aware that it was in TS2 as well (I still consider myself to be relatively new to The Sims franchise), and its because of this game series that I now have my beloved Jackson. If the breed isn't in the game I'd be seriously heartbroken... (I know I can always remake him with the CAS but still)
  • Options
    dhay773dhay773 Posts: 753 Member
    So I'm seeing Irish Setters listed in the OP, but with a possibly. Did someone see them in a trailer or hear about them somewhere else?
  • Options
    reaganimal94reaganimal94 Posts: 4 New Member
    I love this. I can't wait for the new career as well. It also seems like you can customize the animal so you can maybe create your own breed (with the markings at least). I just wished they had Pit Bulls but maybe it's a touchy subject.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @dhay773 wrote: »
    So I'm seeing Irish Setters listed in the OP, but with a possibly. Did someone see them in a trailer or hear about them somewhere else?

I believe it's from seeing dogs in the trailer/renders that we can't identify but have some guesses on what the dog could possibly be. hopefully we'll know the in-game breeds for sure before release.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    @luthienrising The dog with the bandana looked like a collie type to me but I'm unsure about that. I mean, I called the dog with the red vest a GSD when it was a husky so I kind of lost confidence in my dog breed identification skills!

That dog with the bandanna is an Australian Shepherd a type of working dog like collies :) Everyone makes mistakes!!!

I thought australian shepherds were small dogs? The bandana dog looks like a large dog to me, that's why I thought it might be a border collie. Sorry for the late reply, by the way, I forgot I had posted here.
  • Options
    JustSimbodyJustSimbody Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm excited for the fox to be honest, I think it'll be a cute and quirky pet ^-^
  • Options
    KitAceKitAce Posts: 38 Member
    can someone look for an Australian Domestic Shorthair, thats what both my cats are.
  • Options
    jennyhyunjennyhyun Posts: 47 Member
    I can't wait for this and future expansion packs! The Sims 4 has the best graphics so far but anyone else agree that it could be a little less goofy and more realistic.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    We need some miniature Schauzers and Maine 🐸🐸🐸🐸 kitties in there. <3B)
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    What about chihuahuas?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Pekingese? My two dogs are a B&W Pekingese (though he looks like a Japanese Chin, but his papers said Pekingese) and my little gray half Yorkie and Papillion ....
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Mycatjake1 wrote: »
    What about chihuahuas?

there are Chihuahuas
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Less than 5 breeds of cats (including the raccoon)? BTW, since all the cats are the same size, that means that there will not be anything like Savannah's, American Bobtail's, and Maine C o o n e, because these breeds weigh 6-20 pounds and are about the size of a medium sized dog.

• Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2017
    Less than 5 breeds of cats (including the raccoon)? BTW, since all the cats are the same size, that means that there will not be anything like Savannah's, American Bobtail's, and Maine C o o n e, because these breeds weigh 6-20 pounds and are about the size of a medium sized dog.

They've said on twitter they have all the usual breeds so I'm sure there's many more cat breeds. Those are just the confirmed ones. As far as sizes go they won't be exact matches but I still expect to see all the breeds you listed and many more. Just not exactly accurate.

I would be surprised if we didn't have Abyssinian, bobtails, domestic shorthair/longhair, Siamese, Himalayan, Persian, rag doll, maine coones, Scottish fold, oriental, sphynx, Russian blue, tuxedo, savannah, and the curly haired one. Always forget the name but those I'd bet money will be in game and most breeds could be hand made from those I'd imagine. Might have missed a few more obvious ones.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    breeds confirmed through new pics from sims camp: (open in new tab or be taken off page)

english bulldog
    rottweiler
    cavalier king charles spaniel
    think i can see a chowchow, chihuahua and corgi in that frame
    springer spaniel
    pointer
    can see german shepherd and what looks like irish wolfhound
    italian greyhound
    looks like we can also see schnauzer and cocker spaniel as well as others im not sure of
    akita
    you can also see blue healers or australlian cattle dog, samoyed and airedale terriers
    american foxhound
    possibly bluetick coonhound
    also can see border collie and boxer on the side possibly brittany and bull terrier

persian

bengal
    sphynx
    Post edited by AndreaTheHero on
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    breeds confirmed through new pics from sims camp: (open in new tab or be taken off page)

english bulldog
    rottweiler
    some type of setter
    pointer
    italian greyhound
    looks like we can also see schnauzer and plum spaniel as well as others im not sure of
    akita
    you can also see blue healers, samoyed and airedale terriers
    american foxhound
    also can see border collie and boxer on the side possibly brittany and bull terrier

persian

bengal
    sphynx

You did see a Chow Chow, Chihuahua and corgi in the frame with the king charles, the some type of setter is actually a springer spaniel, Schnauzer was there as well, the english cocker spaniel wasn't though (either that or they got the wrong body type for it their, I own two so I know well how they should look like)
  • Options
    dsef wrote: »

english bulldog
    rottweiler
    some type of setter
    pointer
    italian greyhound
    looks like we can also see schnauzer and plum spaniel as well as others im not sure of
    akita
    you can also see blue healers, samoyed and airedale terriers
    american foxhound

persian

bengal
    sphynx

You did see a Chow Chow, Chihuahua and corgi in the frame with the king charles, the some type of setter is actually a springer spaniel, Schnauzer was there as well, the english plum spaniel wasn't though (either that or they got the wrong body type for it their, I own two so I know well how they should look like)

yep its a springer spaniel and that dog i thought was a chow chow was actually a pomeranian ( i realized that was a small breed section)

but im sad to know that this is apparently the preset westie haha, looks quite off

dog8.jpg
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    Robot dogs, apparently, are a breed.

What are those dots underneath each breed?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    Robot dogs, apparently, are a breed.

What are those dots underneath each breed?

I think they are swatches for presets within the breed. Not sure though

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Um, that was a Standard Poodle! (Poodle person here :p )

I always have a bit of a problem with the term "standard poodle" - it implies there's a deluxe version hiding somewhere that we don't know about.

Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Um, that was a Standard Poodle! (Poodle person here :p )

I always have a bit of a problem with the term "standard poodle" - it implies there's a deluxe version hiding somewhere that we don't know about.

I think it's to differentiate from miniature poodles/toy poodles.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Dogs
    • Italian Greyhound
    • Foxhound (confirmed)
    • German Pointer
    • Goldendoodle

Cats
    • Egyptian Mau
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    this ep really makes me exited for the sims 4 again :smile: i really cant wait but the thing is my laptop which has a gt 920m and 6gb of ram and 2.4ghz intel core i5 is keeping me back from playing the game in high grpahics meaning i have to play it on meduim or with laptop mode on and im plannning to buy a switch so should i wait of buying it and buy a better and actual desktop pc at the end of the year or buy the switch? or potentially i can play it on my ps4 if the pack comes out on ps4??
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    adamzaid wrote: »
    this ep really makes me exited for the sims 4 again :smile: i really cant wait but the thing is my laptop which has a gt 920m and 6gb of ram and 2.4ghz intel core i5 is keeping me back from playing the game in high grpahics meaning i have to play it on meduim or with laptop mode on and im plannning to buy a switch so should i wait of buying it and buy a better and actual desktop pc at the end of the year or buy the switch? or potentially i can play it on my ps4 if the pack comes out on ps4??

You can play on ps4 when it comes out or get a new pc. You need a pc with a dedicated graphics card and better processor to run the game smoothly. If you are on a budget you will have to choose between the switch, a new pc, or just playing on PlayStation