Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,165 Member
    You're welcome @amyybugg92 :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    LightSands1LightSands1 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi @fizzlegig :smile: ty for the warm welcome
    @rosemow I am so excited to find this forum challenge! and thank you for taking the time to explain how it works, I understand now :smile: as I am still only a newby on this forum, my pictures probably wont work but I will try to post them once I have created my room!
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @LightSands1 Don't worry about the photos, Rosemow will repost them for you so that we can see them :blush: Have fun designing your room!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,821 Member
    @rosemow, such a cute theme! If I'm inspired I'll give it a go, but for now I don't have any ideas for this theme.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,709 Member
    Hi @fizzlegig :smile: ty for the warm welcome
    @rosemow I am so excited to find this forum challenge! and thank you for taking the time to explain how it works, I understand now :smile: as I am still only a newby on this forum, my pictures probably wont work but I will try to post them once I have created my room!

Helo @LightSands1 :) I will look forward to seeing your room! I can post the photos of the room for you :)
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »
    @rosemow, such a cute theme! If I'm inspired I'll give it a go, but for now I don't have any ideas for this theme.
    Hello @illusie :) Thankyou very much for your kind words :) I will look forward to seeing your room if you get ideas for the room theme.
  • Options
    LightSands1LightSands1 Posts: 96 Member
    ty @Laebeth and @rosemow :)
  • Options
    StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Thsbk you @rosemow, I had so much fun with this and looking forward to your next challenge
  • Options
    JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    @shakerella What a lovely room! I love the choice of wallpaper, and the egg poster above the bed! You really managed to capture a lot of small Freezer Bunny details!

@coolsim9999999 Wonderful room, love how you used the shape of the Freezer Bunny to shape the room! Especially love the creative use of rugs to create the face of the Freezer Bunny, both within the bedroom and on top of the roof.

@MyFavoritedesign Gorgeous room with the laser shows and the rooms layout with the furnishing positioned to mimic the look of the Freezer Bunny!

@Shellbell Beautiful room! I like how you made the room in other colors and just used pink on the furnishing/details of the room!
  • Options
    vickyloovickyloo Posts: 134 Member
    Literally just found this! How have i not seen this before lol its so fun!! I just made my first room, hope you all like :)
    Theme for the week: Freezer bunny room
    Origin ID: Vickyloo
    Room name: Freezer bunny pink room

[img][/img]0bZJ0mb.png

[img][/img]kxcN5ez.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hello @vickyloo :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice that you have joined us and have designed a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou very much :) I will look forward to seeing your rooms for future challenges too!
    The pink colour scheme of Freezer bunny pink room to reflect the Freezer Bunny looks very pretty! :) Very nice design and furnishing of the room! The bed area is very nice. The patterned bed is great, and the strings of photos in the bed side wall is a nice touch. The framed bunny picture, the pink bunny on the bedside table and the bunny prints on the wall look very nice there ! The colourful curtains and coloured circles floors print look very pretty! The big bunny is cute! Very nice corner armchair reading nook! Sims will enjoy sitting on the cute pink animal chair there for sims to enjoy reading a book from the bookcase. The lantern ceiling light is a pretty touch in the room . Sims will enjoy playing the Freezer Bunny guitar in their bedroom ! The hot air balloons prints look great on the wall. It is a nice touch that a Freezer Bunny snowglobe is on the cloud wall shelf. Kids will have fun playing with toys from the pink toy box. Sims will enjoy checking their appearance in the pink mirror in the room. Very nice pink study desk area! Kids will like doing their homework there, and seeing the pretty butterflies on the wall and the butterflies photo on the desk. The type of drawers used in the room looks very nice. The wall calendar and the school bag are homely touches .
    It is a very nice pink Freezer Bunny themed room! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    vickyloovickyloo Posts: 134 Member
    Thank you @rosemow! I really enjoyed doing it :smiley: Will be keeping up with this and making more!
  • Options
    vickyloo wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow! I really enjoyed doing it :smiley: Will be keeping up with this and making more!

I am glad that you enjoyed doing the room @vickyloo :) Happy simming!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Alright, time to catch up!

A big congrats to this weeks Maxis faves! @coolsim9999999 , @carolynrosser and @amyybugg92 :star::star:

Thank you very much for the congrats @rosemow , @carolynrosser , @coolsim9999999 , @lsnishi and , @fizzlegig :heart:
    An even bigger thank you to @Agrippine_23 for taking it upon herself to nominate my room outside of the challenge, it's very special you liked the room so much you chose to do that :blush::heart:

@MyFavoritedesign The wall with the bunny face is so creative! I would never have thought to use that shelf and the Easter egg like that! The wall with the flowers is super cute, and I love the bunny lights! Gorgeous room :blush:

@Shellbell Love your choice of carpets! They are so colorful, and really become the cherry on top :blush: I like that you have blue walls to not make it overly pink, as that just gives it a different look. Wonderful room!

Oh, and I can so relate to your comment about the test lot! haha! I have the same thing going on in my builder world. I have a lot or two just compromised of rooms for the challenge :p I actually built a little flat for my test sim to place down whenever I need to start on a new lot, just to have something ready for my Sim so she has all of her needs met :wink:

@shakerella Love the circle wallpaper accent wall, it's such a fun pattern! The closet with the french doors is so cute (I see a bunny hiding in there), and I love the soft pink furniture :blush:

@coolsim9999999 If anyone was going to do this, I'm not surprised it's you! You make some pretty uniquely shaped rooms quite often :smile: You managed to really make it look like the freezer bunny, and love that you even paid attention to the roof! You used the floor plan wisely too :blush:

@StangMix2 Welcome to the challenge and well done on your first entry! Your bedroom has a great layout, and I like the somewhat unconventional furniture placement. Why *not* have the desk in front of the bed? It makes it interesting, and utilizes the space well :blush: Love all the bunny paintings, and you have just the right amount of clutter to make it look lived in. Great job!

I'd say you need to tell your husband you want a laptop/PC for Christmas! haha. Sharing a PC would never work in our household, since we are both super geeks and gamers :p Luckily my significant other is a IT tech so he has built both our PC's. I even have two screens. haha!

@vickyloo Welcome to the challenge and well done on your first entry too! Your room is super cozy, and you have used the space so well! It looks and feels homely :blush: Gotta love all the pink, and that photo of the little girl on the wall is just precious! Lovely room!

Hi there @Jessiejessan ! I see you are lurking around here huh? Taking a break from all the building to join in on a challenge maybe? hehe. In any case, great to see your face stopping by :heart:

As for me, I must admit I didn't even know the freezer bunny was a thing.. shocking I know! And I call myself a Simmer! lol

I think I am going to skip this weeks challenge and focus on my WIP's (yes, there are multiple). You see, instead of finishing some off, I keep starting on new projects.. haha. But I am having a lot of fun working on them, and trying out new things :blush: Besides, with how slowly I build I will have to focus on them or I won't be done until next year :p

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Hello @Laebeth :) I hope that your work on your WIPs progresses very well :) It is great that you are enjoying and having fun working on them.
    I will look forward to seeing the finished builds ! :)
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    So many cute room! Super pink too! I had trouble matching pinks, so I went with a few different colours: pink, white and red. Here I am for another room challenge! Yay! It had been a while since I played the sims. I was gone for... a week or so?

Theme for the week: A room for Freezer Bunny
    Gallery name of room : Freezer bunny room
    Origin id : SerraNolwen
    Pictures of the room :
    First, the floor plan. I tried to make it somewhat bunny-shaped:
    MDV9e4T.png
    The room is so big that freezer bunny used only a small part for his bedroom, which is separated from the rest by curtains. That statue on the dresser is a memento from his grandpa:
    MtslAKP.png
    It's a little messy behind those curtains:
    WPkAZiT.png
    The rest of the room is used for entertainment, with the guitar, mic, stereo and bar:
    Dk1mPb6.png
    It even has a refrigerator for snacks. There's also a corner to relax in the couch, which is more softly lit, and mirrors on a wall so people can see themselves when they practice or entertain others.
    wkQvZdS.png
  • Options
    Hi @Laebeth Thank you so much :) I would call myself a bit of a clutter queen, I looove clutter and every room I make is filled with it... Kinda like my real life, even *if* I'm somewhat messier in person...
    We did at one time have a computer each, since we where both gamers when we met. We used to play mmorpg together, but then we had a kid and another one and I couldn't hold my interest in gaming, so we gave mine to my brother-in-law. Then I ofc started playing sims again, so now we have trouble! lol
    But we don't really have room for another one, so we just have to share... for the time being anyway, at some point I hope to get my own :D

@SerraNolwen I love your room, very well done! I like that you sectioned the bedroom of with curtains and the use of red makes it interesting :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you! It was @coolsim9999999 who "tricked" me into doing the QC monthly challenge, so now I am working on my wedding venue :blush: I am trying out a few new things (for me) in landscaping, so it's a lot of fun!

@StangMix2 You sound like you have a very similar story to me :p My boyfriend (yeah not married. lol) and I met 8 years ago and he got me into playing WoW, so we have played that together for years. Last year I got into Overwatch. All this while we have two boys under the age of 3 :wink:

I know exactly what you mean with combining motherhood and gaming though! Obviously gaming has taken a backseat, but I do try to make time for it, as I need that "me" time for myself doing something I enjoy. It keeps me sane in a very busy life with two small boys :wink: I only came back to Sims at the beginning of this year, and I find it great to combine with the kids, because I can so easily go to and from it without worrying about getting kicked out of a game (like in Overwatch). So I find I spend most of my time here now :blush:

Hopefully you and the hubby work something out! :smiley:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    @Laebeth Ha, very similar story! I was a gamer before I met my husband, I've been playing Aion since beta and I got him to play too, so we played together. It was so much fun! But then it got "free-to-play" and it really ruined it for both of us. We played WoW a little together as well but I don't play it anymore at all. Never tried Overwatch.... Hmmm... Actually I only play sims now and stupid games on my phone ;)
    Oh I met him in May 2010, Married him in 2012 and our first daughter game May 2012 as well.. Second daughter then came August 2014 and no more kids for me, I'll tell you! lol
    Ah well, he just has to wait for me to be done.... I was here first and it has absolutely nothing to do with me being home before him:D
  • Options
    Thanks @StangMix2 I went back to take a look at yours, and it's quite lovely too. I love the use of that mirror (it's from Spa Day, right?) that makes the room look even bigger, and I love all those paintings on the walls. Do you, by any chance, know which pack the ones on each side of the bed are from?
  • Options
    @SerraNolwen Thank you :) My sim painted them. One is a "small pop art" and the other is a "small classic" which I've enlarged. The ones I've put on the shelf is medium "pop art" and the ones hanging on the wall by the bookshelf is medium "abstract". If you don't have the patience to wait for your sim to paint the ones you want, do a search for "All Paintings" in the gallery. I'm sure I've stumbled on an upload like that ones or twice :) The mirror is from Spa Day yes :)
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

Thank you @Jessiejessan and @Laebeth for your wonderful comments.♥
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The Freezer Bunny shaped of Freezer Bunny room looks very great! @SerraNolwen :) The pink , red and white colour scheme of the room is very nice. Very nice layout of the room! It is nice that part of the room is for his bedroom and the rest is for entertainment. The pink and white curtains look nice separating off the areas. Very nice bed area! The pink patterned bedhead wall looks great, and it is a nice touch that he keeps a gnome gift from his grandpa on the drawers. Nice study desk corner nook that he can sit at the table and do some reading. The pictures, calendar and pink rosette look great on the side wall , and the clutter and mysim on the floor adds a great look to the room area ! He will like checking his appearance in the pink mirror. Very nice entertainment areas! The stereo nook looks great! He will enjoy dancing to the stereo music , singing or telling jokes using the microphone and enjoy playing the pink Freezer Bunny guitar! It is nice that there is a mirror there that he can check on how he is looking when practicing his performing. The pink sparkles on the floor look pretty! He will enjoy relaxing on the sofa or sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a snack from the fridge . The bunny picture on the wall looks great! The candle is a nice touch on the side table.The hearts on the wall is a pretty touch in the room. The red lamps through the room add a nice look to the room areas.
    The design of the room is very nice! Freezer Bunny will enjoy living in his room. Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    @StangMix2 Thanks for letting me know! I'll definitely have to pay closer attention to those paintings. They look very nice sized up.

@rosemow Thank you for the comments as usual! It's always appreciated. And thanks for the challenge! It was an interesting one.
  • Options
    @SerraNolwen Some of the small (and some of the larger) pictures are really nice. I'm glad I could help :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top