Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Logic - (Amusing Anecdotes)

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Sims 3 Game Logic can be quite confusing at times from the routing issues to Sims staring at fridges for twenty minutes before figuring out what to eat (hey, it happens in real life too as you get older). Post some of your amusing situations.

Mine: River got tired of Morgana calling her husband out "for a date" which he refuses...and went over. Presumably the conversation went like this.

River: I'd appreciate you not calling my husband up everytime you feel lonely. It's not my problem that you married a loser like Thornton.
Morgana: Well, I can call your husband any time I want... It's a free country.
River sees red and knocks Morgana out...and promptly receives a telephone call from the police department (to teach a class on "NEGOTIATION").

O...kay... Well...that works for me. :D:mrgreen:
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Hahaha that's pretty good lol maybe the police were politely dropping hints about your sims anger management issues :D
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sims 3 Game Logic can be quite confusing at times from the routing issues to Sims staring at fridges for twenty minutes before figuring out what to eat (hey, it happens in real life too as you get older). Post some of your amusing situations.

Mine: River got tired of Morgana calling her husband out "for a date" which he refuses...and went over. Presumably the conversation went like this.

River: I'd appreciate you not calling my husband up everytime you feel lonely. It's not my problem that you married a loser like Thornton.
    Morgana: Well, I can call your husband any time I want... It's a free country.
    River sees red and knocks Morgana out...and promptly receives a telephone call from the police department (to teach a class on "NEGOTIATION").

O...kay... Well...that works for me. :D:mrgreen:

Sounds like a solid negotiation tactic to me....

Hmm... how about this one, the first time I played a couple in a game, the husband was cooking one day & a fire started. The daredevil wife gets it put out just as the fireman gets there. What's her imediate wish after the fire?
    "Be in a fire" Really? You were just in one!
    I took out the ruined stove but didn't replace it. They made due with a microwave until the husband's handiness was enough to fireproof a new stove.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    My teen female sim was looking for a relationship. I'd just discovered the 'Observant' happiness reward and all her friends (schoolmates) had lousy traits (I know, I can change them with personality programming). Then she chatted up her best friends brother (15 days older) who had great traits, and a girlfriend. She became best friends with him anyway, then turned on the romance one evening. The "ask to leave ---" came up and I added it to the queue. Before she asked him, he said he was tired and left (it was only 9pm). The next time she asked him out she slapped him for cheating. It took forever to get that relationship back on track (she became a professional mystery author and had to slum it writing a sci-fi book "Murder In Space" as an opportunity) Then she had to befriend and romance him all over again.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    My pregnant sim had just gotten done cleaning the toilet when she needed to throw up. Despite standing in the bathroom in front of a toilet she had to run all the way across the house to a different bathroom to throw up in. It was extra funny because she is a neat sim so it felt very much like her train of thought was "Oh no...I *just* cleaned this toilet no way am I making it dirty right away."
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

Divorce is really easy in Sims 3.

When he cheats on you ... You can just pause, then move him and the kids into the girlfriends house.
    Then go to the relationship trans(whatever) in your phone and change your marital status with the bum.

Plus ... You get to keep most of the money ... :p

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited August 2017
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > @MadDoctor61, [removed: inappropriate]

@MadDoctor61, You could make a post over on @EA_Mage or @SimGuruDrake page asking them to send you a PM since new members can't send the first PM to any member stating that you need to have a post of yours edited. Once they PM you asking how they can help you, you can tell them that you had a made a post talking about something that you didn't know was against the forum rules and that you want to have it edited to take it out and then give them the link to the page of your post.
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • Options
    Little boy meets little girl at school, they become acquaintances. She ages up, but the keep meeting and become friends. He ages up and they become best friends. She ages up and they are going steady. He finally becomes a young adult and proposes. He invites her out on a date to get married and she is a senior. WHAT???!!!! He married her anyway and she took a trip to nraas City Hall for revision.
  • Options
    Why do kids, while on the way home (over the bridge in Bridgeport) stop just short of the bridge and follow the most unfortunate adult. The adult was on a rock hunt, including a vampires eye at the cemetery and a pink diamond at the mine with a half dozen other gathers that I wasn't in the mood to re-queue. The kid didn't get to bed till dawn on a school night. They would have been in bed at a decent time if they just went home in the first place. :(
  • Options
    An Interesting Glitch
    I'm playing an overstuffed house. The nursery is empty so it's time for another baby. My couples start to "Try For Baby". There was vomiting and achy backs etc, but NO babies. I upped the attempts, with more couples. More pregnancy indicators, but still no confirmed pregnancies. I finally gave up, shut the game down and went to bed. Next time, without trying, confirmed pregnancies (3 so far), and pregnancy indicators (2 more). It's like the pregnancies went into a holding pattern.

It ended up being 5 babies in 2 days. The first one came to the birthday cake directly from the hospital to get a head start on toddler training. The second one was aged up one day early. The other three aged up to toddler on their own. I graduated them to child every other day to separate the birthdays, skipping the xylophone and pegbox for the first ones.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Speaking of baby problems. I had a half-alien young adult living with her mother. She had a steady boyfriend (werewolf) who lived in a different household, and I didn't really want to move him in. So they tried for baby a couple times, but nothing happened. She had enough LTR points so I bought fertility treatment and tried again. Bingo. Then 3 days later, out pop triplets! Gah! That's too much for 2 people, so I tried to ask the father to move in with them. "Oh no" he says "I'm not moving into that madhouse!"

And the three girls were one with full alien powers, one that was kind of half-alien/half werewolf and one that was a werewolf.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    OK... @bklienhart NOW you're making me want to get the Supernatural EP. That's next on the list after ITF (for the soil rugs).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    One of my Sims had his High School Graduation ceremony RIGHT after he got back from his first time of college. So he got his college degree, got a job and then "graduated" from high school the following day.

:D
  • Options
    Apparently watching the Grim Reaper take the life of an unrelated sim qualifies as a great group outing. I was waiting for good friend to become best friend before starting romantic gestures. I'd just checked on them and it hadn't happened. After the reaper appeared, the other sim was tired and went home, but they were now best friends. They had a great time bonding over somebodies death. How twisted is that.
  • Options
    Do you ever take revenge on your sims. I had one that after potty training a somewhat tired and somewhat hungry toddler, was given instructions to 'feed in high chair'. The kid had progressed from slightly yellow in hunger and energy to orangish after potty training. My sim (whose mood was also winding down) who was doing childcare spent close to 5 hours fussing and upset about the crying toddler. The toddler cried louder and kept the entire house up all of the night. She still wouldn't feed him. By now, her hunger, energy, bladder and hygiene were redlining. I sent her out on a rock hunt into the middle of nowhere where she wet herself and passed out. She managed to pick up some rocks, including a rainbow gem before she did though. Somebody else took over and fed the kid and put him to bed. I ended up keeping all the kids home from school that day since they were passing out in the hallway when it was time to leave. The adults weren't due at work till around noon, so they had time to get a bit of sleep.
  • Options
    DampenedLeavesDampenedLeaves Posts: 26 Member
    Sims logic combined with routing issues is always fun.
    Playing as household of 4 dudes: a couple and two brothers.
    Sim A wants to give his boyfriend (Sim B) a kiss
    Sim B is, what, four steps in front of Sim A
    Sim A instead decides to walk up the stairs, into the bedroom, and clip through the floor into the downstairs bathroom where Sim C is showering, instead of just, you know, taking 4 🐸🐸🐸🐸 steps forward??
    tKtfnik.gif

She/Her
  • Options
    Just as my child sim was calling to teleport home, the "follow Sim" action came up. She finished the teleportation and then started back across town to 'follow' the adult sim who was on a rock hunt and now has to wait hours for the kid to catch up to them. I hate when kids do that. It always happens when they are already heading home and end up going in the opposite direction. They don't climb into bed til dawn. On the same night, a teen collecting rocks, was picked up by the police as she was teleporting home. She arrived home, then ran across town to get in the police car. She has wishes for "increase athletic skill," "reach level 4 athletic" and "cardio workout". With that 5 hour run, how come none of those were met? :) (I was going to have her jog home after school the next day to meet those wishes, which had to be delayed because she was too tired)
  • Options
    Having a birthday cake birthday in an overstuffed house is an incredibly complex affair. With so many sims, nobody can get to the birthday cake to 'grab a slice' and those that do can't get away to sit down and eat it. I've given up on them except for toddlers ready to age up early. Before the party, I send all the kids off to school, and any adults going to work are sent to an area near there. The house is over the bridge in Bridgeport. I transported my medical sim over by the hospital. When his carpool arrived, he ran home to catch it. Or at least he tried. I got the message he was late for work and wondered why. He was running home across the bridge. So much for sending him to work early.
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    No one wanted to ask my sim, Timmy out on a date...not until he was married.

Now the calls won't stop, it's like getting married somehow made him a hot commodity! All these different people, celebrities, normal sims, married and single alike, flock to ask him out. But not until he was married?lol

But these callers aren't smart considering Timmy is married to a superstrong vampire police officer who could snap them in two.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    How about getting constant calls for a date... when the couple has a reputation for being Eternally Faithful? If the couple has been together for 60+ years (read days) without sleeping around, why would you think either one is interested in cheating on the other? Okay, granted the faerie is still a Young Adult while her husband is an elder and approaching the end of his life. But STILL!
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    @Faerie197 True! Mine were Faithful but not Eternally yet. :) Even the vampire's bestfriend was asking him on dates. Like, come on... Lol
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    My lonely Sim was called for a date, so I accepted. I cycled through the other sims a couple of times before she was at the date. She was talking to a sim when I got back to her and I queued up a bunch of interactions. I noticed the "Have a great date with ----" wish and then noticed that it mentioned a sim other than the one she was conversing with. She was called on a date by one sim and had a date with a different one. The one she did build a relationship with was a vampire, who died right in front of her just before (or just as) she proposed marriage. Back to being lonely. Her love life was a wreck for ages.
  • Options
    I had a bug of some sort on my computer where I couldn't run The Sims. After two weeks of correspondence with tech support, I finally gave up and "Reset" my computer. This time I was able to install The Sims and it worked. I was in such withdrawal, that I played the base game for over 6 hours. About that point, I quit so I could install the my expansion packs and custom content. I had a shortcuts on my desktop to the custom content folders. I had everything backed up and moved it back to the shortcuts which had survived the reset. I then played for many more hours, wondering where my CC was. Unfortunately, the shortcuts hadn't survived intact. The best way I can imagine them is as ghosts. My CC vanished. I don't know where it went. Since then, I've played for hours with a few hours off now and then to search for CC. 48 hours after the reset, and I'm still at it. No sleep. Am I an addict or what.
  • Options
    I chatted up a poor babysitter, now that I know the helpfulness of the Observant Lifetime Wish. I found out that she hated children. I wonder if that was the case in a previous situation. I had a baby and toddler when all the adults and teens were out of the house. It was time for them to come home, BUT, the kids needed attention. My adults gathered a block from home till the kids were tended to, so they could go home and go straight to bed. Nope. The kids got enough attention to prevent child wellfare services from taking them away and that was about it. I couldn't wait any longer and sent them home. The were passing out in the lobby, starving, filthy, wetting themselves, etc., so much so that they were virtually incapable of looking after the children. It took all night to get the little kids under control. Way too many people missed school and work the next day. At least I didn't have to call that babysitter again.
  • Options
    My sim early in the political career was asked to take someone out to dinner. She called him up after work, but he was on his way to work. That was Wednesday. She got the same result on Thursday and Friday. She figured she would be able to get to him earlier on Saturday, so I made sure she was in good shape and sent to bed early. At midnight, she gets a message from her upset boss that she had failed. In hindsight, I guess she could have taken him to Hogan's, but is that anyway to impress somebody. She was going to take him to the bistro but their schedules didn't mesh. It reminded me of the guy who graduated from high school before his girlfriend and took a job in the music career. There was not time between to get together and I kept forgetting when it was Wednesday, his day off.

She just got a similar request. This time the target is a barista. He seems to be on duty 24 hours a day. I checked in the middle of the night and there he was. How was she supposed to take this guy to dinner. She chatted him up for hours and made friends with him, but could never take him out to dinner. Is this some sort of Kobiashi Maru.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top