Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Logic - (Amusing Anecdotes)

Comments

• Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    edited May 2018
    I had this glitch once before. I'm playing a full band plus spouses. I had one child and was looking forward to a second but my other sims didn't seem to be getting pregnant. So I put greater effort into it. I saw vomiting, sore backs, wishes for strange food and trips to the spa. They seemed to be in the initial stages of pregnancy, but none of them proceeded to the second stage. I shut down for the night and today, everybody is pregnant. Within 24 sim hours, they have had 5, count 'em, FIVE!!! babies. I started them as homeless sims. Bought the property, then deleted all their remaining funds. At least now they all have decent beds and there is a foyer in the house with 1, count 'em, ONE crib (a separate room so a crying baby doesn't wake the whole household).

When the babies started popping out, I aged up the first toddler to a child, since he was ready (walking, talking, potty). I used what funds I had been saving to send off the tiberium for cutting. I was able to scrounge enough for a bed for the child with one single simoleon left over. Oh good, I have some goldfish. Enough to trade in for a birthday cake to get the first baby a head start (There are dirty dishes all over from the first birthday cake since I don't have a sink or dishwasher yet-the lot is going to get very ugly soon). At least most everybody will be fed when they head off to work. It is a very entertaining glitch.
  • Options
    I've got to redesign my Wedding Lot. I've tweaked some things already from one I've download, but the wedding I just hosted was a disaster. The wedding was okay but everything went wrong at the reception. Only part of that was from the lot design. Non-lot problems: Three of the guests wet themselves. This was totally out of my control, but guests shouldn't show up with a full bladder. One of the guests went into labour, further disrupting the proceedings . There was so much crowding around the wedding cake, nobody could get to it to 'Grab A Slice'. I eventually resorted to sending my sims to the bar go get hot wings, burgers etc. They couldn't get to the Chocolate Fountain to fill it. Once my sims were fed, I tried to get the musicians to perform. The stage was so crowded, they spent more time bumping into each other. I had to get my sims to mop up the puddles because the guests had these disgusted thought bubbles. There was just too much chaos, so everybody left. The result "Roine's party was a modest success. The guests feel good about having attended." My opinion, it was a disaster.
    I was going to get a skinny-dipping thing going, but never got around to it. I had added a heart-shaped pool for doing so. I'm still looking for a cupid mosaic or something to put in the bottom of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    My sim is just shy of a level 2 Visa in Egypt. He only needs ten more points then he will be able to buy the "Tear of Horus" from the special merchant. He has a day and a half to accomplish this before going home. The adventure board is offering these.
    - Pomegranate Farmer - My Pomegranate tree was harvested for the first time the day he left. The best one was planted, leaving two, which is not enough for the opportunity (they are probably not good enough either)
    - A Good Bottle of Nectar - I haven't been to France yet so I don't have a supply of Nectar on hand.
    - Finding Mummitomium - I accepted this one, but there is NO!!!! Mummitomium anywhere, including the Relic Merchant..
    - Icky Egyptian Entomology - I accepted this one too, and found 1 of the 4 needed Scarab Beetles, but a second showed up later. There are no more and it will be getting dark soon so they will go to sleep. I cancelled this opportunity after collecting the bugs. If nothing else shows up tomorrow, maybe this one, and more bugs will.

The Tag-a-long Sims have recently gotten phone calls for:
    - the Tourist Brochure (two different calls for two different photos - I've already got both photos and more)
    - Proof of Mummification - I've got that photo too.
    - Trapped At Home (He'd turned this one down earlier when he needed a lot more points, but would love it now and he has the time to do it.)
    - The Society’s Lost and ...Found? - I usually would wait till I have Pangu's Axe for this one, but it would do the job now)
    - A Friend to the Natives - A really boring opportunity, but it would provide enough points to put him over the top.

They, however, are not interested in collecting Visa Points. I'm using them to collect rocks and excavate dig sites. Any of those adventures would give the target Sim enough points for that level 2 Visa. Is the game holding back some adventures for the Sims with no Visa Points? I have 8 adults in the house. I'm sending one couple to each country. The tag-a-long sims are just that. They have home world opportunities in other countries and are coming along to fill those. One had the opportunity to jog in the desert air. The newly weds both had large wishes, one to visit Al Simhara and the other to travel somewhere (anywhere, so Al Simhara it is). Then they collect stuff for the rest of the trip. STOP SAVING THE VISA POINTS FOR THEM.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Just for fun I moved my Don Lothario and Laurel Grisby sims from my legacy game, aged them back to YA, and let them loose in one of my fun games I'm currently playing. Story Progression immediately made Don the town playboy, even though he's married. LOL I wonder if this is set in NRaaS or if its a funny coincidence.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Does this mean the baby needs a bath?

42306903572_923a6f62d2_o.jpg

My sim came home to look after the babies while the rest of the household went to work. She picked up a baby, carried it outside, then put it in the sprinklers. I wonder how the baby feels about that?. (My apologies for the nudist swimwear, but it is a nudist family. I chose an angle where there is nothing to be seen but hips and zoomed out so it wasn't close.)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @MadDoctor61 - If your baby doesn't have the Loves to Swim trait yet, they should definitely get it by the time they are a child. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    *Waves goodbye to lover at end of date*
    *Gets into bed right next to them*
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    polrbear wrote: »
    *Waves goodbye to lover at end of date*
    *Gets into bed right next to them*
    How about when you invite a couple of sims to spend the night, and they not only accept but look forward to spending all night giggling with you (or whatever).

Dude, those are your parents. They are here to bond with their grandchildren, not to giggle with you and your silly partner all night. o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    When I designed the Central Park for my world, I included a picnic blanket in one corner and a BBQ and picnic table in another. The picnic blanket can only be used by NPCs but once opened, can be used by my sims. Same with the picnic table. The grill, I can use. I've never used them. I finally decided to.

I sent a hungry sim to the BBQ to grill up some hot dogs. Once they were ready, I sent the rest of my sims to grab a plate. Being a popular public park, there are other sims about. Two pair were having conversations, on either side of the picnic table. There is nobody sitting at the table. When my sims grab a plate, they put it down on the table then try to take a seat. They can't. All seats at the table are open, but they are blocked by those chatting. My sims would 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and complain that they were hungry and couldn't sit down. I had to introduce myself (because I can't 'Call Over' a stranger - I tried that), walk all the way across the park, 'Call Over' (had to be far enough away for the option to come up) That worked for the first one (edit: I just noticed that the one it work with is a friend, not an acquaintance). It didn't work for the others. I finally resorted to 'Reset Sim' to get them out of the way.
  • Options
    Pity the town couldn't cough up enough funds for a second or third picnic table. I would consider moving to a town that was managed better. Or maybe entering the Political career and unseat the incompetents who must be in charge. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    Pity the town couldn't cough up enough funds for a second or third picnic table. I would consider moving to a town that was managed better. Or maybe entering the Political career and unseat the incompetents who must be in charge. ;)

There are a lot of things in that park. A large central fountain, a chess area, bathrooms, band stand etc. I've played games with lots of tables that never seem to be used. I didn't bother crowding in a bunch for appearance sake (thought now I may add one more - in CAW-EIG [I bet I forget, better make a note]). The annoying part was the townies chatting beside it so it couldn't be used. The rest of the park was mostly empty. It drives me nuts in the nursery too, when teach to walk/talk settles in front of the potty/high chair/crib/door or what ever is most urgently needed. Why do they have to pick the worst place?
  • Options
    Sorry, not acceptable. Hungry sims don't care (for the moment, of course they will a few minutes later) how many other features the park offers if there is only one picnic table. I suppose there is only one tree, one park bench, and only one bird lives there? I can't believe my tax dollars are supporting this, it's downright fraudulent, and I will be protesting most obnoxiously in front of City Hall once we get a second and maybe a third protest sign made. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I can't believe my tax dollars are supporting this . . . :p

So, you believe your tax dollars are best spent on items that do not get used. Way too many politicians think that way. :p:'(

p.s. I hope everybody know this is a 'for fun' conversation and not a 'ranting'. If you're not smiling, you are taking it too seriously.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The glitch is back. I had something go terribly wrong and my game wouldn't load so I started over. As usual, I'm playing homeless sims, 4 couples, two full bands, all joined the music career. I'm getting them married and looking forward to the first child. It wasn't happening. I tried harder. Still no baby. I shut down and went to bed. Upon restarting, all four couples were soon expecting. I'd turned up the chance for quintuplets by a decent amount (5-10 times higher) (I think that was the tweak) which also ups the chance for triplets and twins. The result, one set of triplets, one pair of twins and two singles. 7 Babies at once (well it was 7 since I aged 3 of them to toddlers). I was going to keep the crib in the foyer, so the baby wouldn't wake up the sims sleeping in the yard. Now I'm going to send the new mothers dumpster diving to find enough stuff to build the nursery. Such an interesting glitch.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So, you believe your tax dollars are best spent on items that do not get used. Way too many politicians think that way. :p:'(

p.s. I hope everybody know this is a 'for fun' conversation and not a 'ranting'. If you're not smiling, you are taking it too seriously.
    I believe that my tax dollars are best spent on providing adequate facilities when designing community property. One picnic table is not adequate as you have just proved. Those other sims may not have been using the table in the traditional sense, but they were blocking it just by virtue of their being there so they may as well have been sitting at it. Unless you have a town population of 12 or something, you need to expand that facility.

A better example of waste would be a playground with 4x as many spring load riders, swing sets, or toilets than that which would ever once be required on a busy playground day. This is a town we are talking about, we aren't running a for-profit business here. Way too many businessmen think that way. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    @igazor I'm not trying to be vague at all; I posted pics here a couple of nights ago. And yes, he definitely thinks he's people.

Him fetching his own breakfast is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I really don't want him to jump onto my bed carrying a fresh catch that he's hoping I'll saute for him with my own meal. Despite his heritage, he's just not a raw foods kind of guy.

If you don't want your cat(s) to wake you up in the morning, demanding to be fed, don't feed them as soon as you get up. Even when I had to get up very early in the morning to go to work, I always waited until just before I left to feed them. These days I mostly work the late shift, and I can sleep in as late as I want.
  • Options
    The glitch is back. I had something go terribly wrong and my game wouldn't load so I started over. As usual, I'm playing homeless sims, 4 couples, two full bands, all joined the music career. I'm getting them married and looking forward to the first child. It wasn't happening. I tried harder. Still no baby. I shut down and went to bed. Upon restarting, all four couples were soon expecting. I'd turned up the chance for quintuplets by a decent amount (5-10 times higher) (I think that was the tweak) which also ups the chance for triplets and twins. The result, one set of triplets, one pair of twins and two singles. 7 Babies at once (well it was 7 since I aged 3 of them to toddlers). I was going to keep the crib in the foyer, so the baby wouldn't wake up the sims sleeping in the yard. Now I'm going to send the new mothers dumpster diving to find enough stuff to build the nursery. Such an interesting glitch.

I did something smart for a change. I'm now up to 7 (SEVEN) toddlers (soon to be 6 and then 5) with 2 cribs. As long as I keep them rotating through the cribs, things seem to be working out. I just got back from my third trip to China (and I did manage to pick up Pangu's Axe with about and hour and a half to spare - I was ready to teleport to pick it up if I had to). Unfortunately, upon my return (as I've noted before) all sims tend to end up with the same motives, in this case disastrously so. Notably, they were all starving, exhausted with a very low bladder. With 7 (SEVEN) screaming toddlers in the house, nobody is going to be able to sleep so there is no point in sending them home to do so.

The four males all have to be at work the next day, so they went to the community centre/pool to nap on the loungers, empty their bladders, grab something to eat at the snack bar, then serial napping until they were fully rested. After that I will be able to do whatever needs to be done to get them into a good mood for work. The two females that just returned, went to Central park, emptied their bladders, took two naps on the park benches (enough so they would be effective for a while), ate at the dinner before going home to relieve the other two distressed souls (I should have enough platinum and mercury to afford a kitchen and dining room). All seven toddlers needed to be pottied, fed, and put to bed. I went into Buy Mode and bought two more potties (temporarily) since most were potty trained by now and sent three of the tots to use them. I set one adult to putting two of the toddlers to bed (because the were starving, they wouldn't sleep long but they did pass-out for a bit). The other adult put one in the highchair (I have this thing against feeding on the floor) made sure they were fed before they started changing diapers. I managed to get two kids fed before the first one woke up. One sim picks up the just awake toddler (the diapers of the sleeping pair had to be changed), the other picks up the just fed toddler, and they switch places. I had them pick up the second just awake toddler and replaced them with a starving, exhausted (but good bladder) tot. I just keep switching them around, and emptied the potties when they had a chance (I really didn't need to empty the temporary ones before selling them, did I). The situation was much improved when their replacements showed up (but still in horrible shape). I still have screaming toddlers, so I'm sending the first caregivers to the park across the street for a nap, then the diner, then either bring them home to sleep in a bed (if the toddlers have quieted down), or to a park for benches for serial napping (the more likely solution). Oh look, the fathers are decently rested and getting better. Somehow this does not seem fair.
  • Options
    It's probably my imagination but it always seems to be happening. When my child start school, they get the opportunity "schoolyard chums". I send them to the park or community centre after school and have them invite the target sim over. They don't feel like it right now so I call and chat instead (I do this first now) and invite them over again. Sometimes they come, sometimes they don't (another chat session). They finally meet and start interacting. Oops, now it's time to go home, but at least they got a start. An hour later, the target sim has a birthday, gets a job and suitor. Now I can barely get them together and it is a weird relationship (child/teen). Why can't the game choose a child of the same age, so they can become child friends together, teen friends together, adult friends together. The age gap is just wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Yes, this one is tricky. The game's programming isn't really aware of sims' relative ages within their own age stages in most respects. I see, and I know most players see, young/older children, young/older teens (I call them underclassman and upperclassman usually), younger (not YAs), middle, and older adults, because we have watched and helped them evolve through many sub-stages that we define ourselves in our minds. The difference to me is greatest for teens, the underclassmen are typically socially awkward and have few skills that they have had a chance to work on. The upperclassmen are typically more mature or at least they stand a chance of being so, and socialize/date more easily because they have had more experience and possibly a chance to have developed Charisma. But the game does not "see" these things.

Mods can help us figure out whom our kids "should" be socializing with if we want to restrict some of that activity to kids closer to their own ages for those of us who play pretty long lifespans. MC can help simply by pulling up lists of the resident population and sorting by the age column. That doesn't help the game choose better targets for opportunities, but at least we know which ones stand a better chance of forming longer lasting friendships based on age and which ones are doomed to be wastes of time if they really are that far apart and will end up in very different social circles within the next sim day or three.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ...young/older children, young/older teens (I call them underclassman and upperclassman usually)...

I've made this rant before. My child's best friend has traits I like and they get along great. I imagine them getting married some day. If the friend ages up sooner, they get a job and suitor and I have to compete with those to get the romantic relationship on track. I often use MC to check their relative age and tweak it if needed. A couple days after my child ages into a teen, I invite the friend over and have a birthday party. I make sure to invite them to stay the night early on, so they don't take off on me. After the friend ages up, my sim moves in for a "Heat of the Moment Kiss" to change the relationship status, and works towards "Ask to go steady". I cycle through my other sims and I come back to them and they are up to things that 13-year-olds shouldn't be doing. I don't want my barely teens (13yo) doing that. The almost adults (17), sure. It should be more gradual.

• Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Definitely following and will add some things later
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I imagine kids are kids, and teens are teens, and once they have their teen age-up it's more a quinceañera or sweet sixteen party, and all those awkward pubescent years are crammed into that moment when the Sim is all stretched out and deformed before snapping back in a teen body with new hair and clothes to laugh at before quickly changing them to what I want them to wear. So flirtiness is fair game from then on.

I also do not trust the local gene pool to provide adequate partners for my Sims growing up. I'll seed households of good-looking Sims, have them make a family about the same time, and adjust relative ages with mods when I know which I'll be aiming to partner with later. Sometimes I'll even add the other teen to my active family (via ask to move in) if I have room, and relationship is high enough. If "mess around" is T rated for Sims 4, I figure what they do in their own room is their business. ;)
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member

42212744254_705108e479_z.jpg

One of the sim kids - who wasn't even *really* sleepy - sleeping in the hayloft of the garden shed. During a snowstorm.

I did a quick count in my legacy house and there are 9 double beds, 19 couches, 2 igloos, 1 treehouse, and one bunk bed. And he picks that place to sleep. Granted, the hayloft is technically a bunk bed, but still.
  • Options
    I finally broke down and bought a stroller. My sim has the "Chess Legend" Lifetime Aspiration, and while she on the weekend, I sent her, with baby and stroller, to the park for a series of chess games. I thought it would be nice to let the baby rest in the stroller while she played chess. Nope. After calling for her next partner, she tried to take the baby home (I assume to put it in the crib). After cancelling that action, she ended up putting the baby down on the ground, so she could play chess. What good is the stroller, if you can't leave the child in it? One stroller to be returned. I have better things to do with the money.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I finally broke down and bought a stroller. My sim has the "Chess Legend" Lifetime Aspiration, and while she on the weekend, I sent her, with baby and stroller, to the park for a series of chess games. I thought it would be nice to let the baby rest in the stroller while she played chess. Nope. After calling for her next partner, she tried to take the baby home (I assume to put it in the crib). After cancelling that action, she ended up putting the baby down on the ground, so she could play chess. What good is the stroller, if you can't leave the child in it? One stroller to be returned. I have better things to do with the money.

Oh yeah, strollers are horrible. Every time there's a elevation change in the sidewalk they'll take the baby out, walk a couple feet, pull out the stroller and put the baby back. Repeat that a dozen times per walk.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top