Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2017
    If its laundry, I hope its laundromats - you know, like apartments were implemented. >:)
    xchNQUx.gif
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Amby316 wrote: »
    I chose the Carbon Conscious grouping with composter, recycling, and Freegan trait.
    I LOVE gardening in game and the chance to make fertilizer is too good to pass up for me. I must say that the washtub is a killer Eco idea though. if laundry won I think it would be aweomse that they keep with the Eco-ness and only include the washtub, clothes line, and hamper.

what about players that went in game automatic workable washers and dryers you need to realise that not all players are into the eco content i went for my sims an automatic washer and dryer

You need to realize that this vote is for an eco pack. As in a pack about being environmentally friendly. Laundry shouldn't even have been an option in the first place

Actually, Graham DID say it was a working title. I wish they had just used Pack #1, Pack #2, etc and kept all titles off entirely. People have latched onto the working titles as if they are set in stone. WE are creating a stuff pack and the final title will reflect the choices we make.

Well we did vote on the theme, which is where the eco living came from.

And the description of the theme included laundry, among other general ideas.

Oh I know, honestly, I didn't even start out disliking laundry. It wasn't something I was particularly rooting for, but I'm gonna buy the pack no matter what the gameplay feature is because I love the objects that come with it. It's just that friendlysimmmers has been trolling the forum so much that by now I want laundry to lose, just so that they don't get what they want ;-)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    you can say that right now eco living is just a place holder title the name might change as the sp takes shape
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    We can call it "Living in the Great Depression SP"
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    My only complaint is that all the other options ARE eco-friendly but laundry isn't. It just feels like a sore thumb that sticks out.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I chose the Carbon Conscious grouping with composter, recycling, and Freegan trait.
    I LOVE gardening in game and the chance to make fertilizer is too good to pass up for me. I must say that the washtub is a killer Eco idea though. if laundry won I think it would be aweomse that they keep with the Eco-ness and only include the washtub, clothes line, and hamper.

what about players that went in game automatic workable washers and dryers you need to realise that not all players are into the eco content i went for my sims an automatic washer and dryer

You need to realize that this vote is for an eco pack. As in a pack about being environmentally friendly. Laundry shouldn't even have been an option in the first place

Actually, Graham DID say it was a working title. I wish they had just used Pack #1, Pack #2, etc and kept all titles off entirely. People have latched onto the working titles as if they are set in stone. WE are creating a stuff pack and the final title will reflect the choices we make.

Well we did vote on the theme, which is where the eco living came from.

And the description of the theme included laundry, among other general ideas.

Oh I know, honestly, I didn't even start out disliking laundry. It wasn't something I was particularly rooting for, but I'm gonna buy the pack no matter what the gameplay feature is because I love the objects that come with it. It's just that friendlysimmmers has been trolling the forum so much that by now I want laundry to lose, just so that they don't get what they want ;-)

I get that. Honestly, there's been a lot of annoying people on all sides. I really want laundry and canning (equally), but I will love whatever wins. I just might not be as ecstatic as I would be with those two choices.

I have posted my ideas on well pumps and water storage. I've posted about my homeless sims too. So any way this pack goes, I will have a use for it.

This has become divisive with people choosing their team and putting down the rest. At the end of the day, the majority of us will buy it no matter what it contains.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    I'm on #TeamPostTheResultsRightNow
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    you can say that right now eco living is just a place holder title the name might change as the sp takes shape

If laundry wins the name, should be Hung Out To Dry. If laundry is the most popular feature as you say, it should have been listed by itself but it needed the Eco Living aspect in order to get enough votes
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017

But that is also the THEME of the pack and why it has that "working" title. That is what people are getting at that in the theme of ECOfriendly - laundry does not belong. We have said this from the beginning - that laundry is NOT Eco friendly. We disagreed with them suggesting laundry in an eco friendly pack about eco living.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > SageRainWillow wrote: »
    >
    > liliaeth wrote: »
    >
    > friendlysimmers wrote: »
    >
    > Amby316 wrote: »
    >
    > I chose the Carbon Conscious grouping with composter, recycling, and Freegan trait.
    > I LOVE gardening in game and the chance to make fertilizer is too good to pass up for me. I must say that the washtub is a killer Eco idea though. if laundry won I think it would be aweomse that they keep with the Eco-ness and only include the washtub, clothes line, and hamper.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > what about players that went in game automatic workable washers and dryers you need to realise that not all players are into the eco content i went for my sims an automatic washer and dryer
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You need to realize that this vote is for an eco pack. As in a pack about being environmentally friendly. Laundry shouldn't even have been an option in the first place
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually, Graham DID say it was a working title. I wish they had just used Pack #1, Pack #2, etc and kept all titles off entirely. People have latched onto the working titles as if they are set in stone. WE are creating a stuff pack and the final title will reflect the choices we make.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But that is also the THEME of the pack and why it has that "working" title. That is what people are getting at that in the theme of ECOfriendly - laundry does not belong. We have said this from the beginning - that laundry is NOT Eco friendly.

And the only way it does belong is if they only have the scrub washer, which is stupid. If you're going to add laundry you need actual washing machines for it to be worthwhile in most households, which just destroys the theme.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

But that is also the THEME of the pack and why it has that "working" title. That is what people are getting at that in the theme of ECOfriendly - laundry does not belong.

The gurus put it there. If you have a problem with that, you can take it up with them. As it stands, a lot of people who originally voted for the theme did so because laundry was listed. Now, with a majority of people voting who did NOT select Eco in the original vote, laundry might fall by the wayside. But to say it doesn't belong in the very pack for which it was listed is trite and finical.

• Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Lol, if ppl are fighting about laundry right now, just think about how many ppl will fight and be mad, no matter if it wins or not.. I think that after the results, instead ppl be happy because they give us a chance to vote, and let us participate on this process, there will be alot of furious ppl on the forum
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I have already seen some people saying that if the option they want is not the winner, they will start to complain without stopping until this option is chosen. It looks like some ppl are already making plans for fights.

EDIT: *Until this option be included on the game*
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    szMermaid wrote: »
    Lol, if ppl are fighting about laundry right now, just think about how many ppl will fight and be mad, no matter if it wins or not.. I think that after the results, instead ppl be happy because they give us a chance to vote, and let us participate on this process, there will be alot of furious ppl on the forum

well said right now i think we need to stop all these petty arguments and just wait for the results no matter what wins or lose there will be complaints anyway as players we did are part for the vote now i would say its @SimGuruGraham and his team that will have the final word and decide
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

But that is also the THEME of the pack and why it has that "working" title. That is what people are getting at that in the theme of ECOfriendly - laundry does not belong.

The gurus put it there. If you have a problem with that, you can take it up with them. As it stands, a lot of people who originally voted for the theme did so because laundry was listed. Now, with a majority of people voting who did NOT select Eco in the original vote, laundry might fall by the wayside. But to say it doesn't belong in the very pack for which it was listed is trite and finical.

I agree, laundry should have been a standalone theme, like arcade. Eco Living should have been a standalone theme. If laundry had been the most popular and won, then a lot of people would not be as upset about it, disappointed their choice didn't win maybe, but accepted the vote. The people that voted for Eco Living and the potential gameplay surrounding it can't help but feel "Hung Out To Dry" if laundry wins because laundry does not fit the theme of Eco Living and the gameplay ideas surrounding this theme.
  • Options
    That's dumb.
    I'm still going to get it anyway for the cute clothes lmao and if nothing else all the wicker will make for cute patio or sunroom furniture
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    > @somethingstellar said:
    > That's dumb.
    > I'm still going to get it anyway for the cute clothes lmao and if nothing else all the wicker will make for cute patio or sunroom furniture

Or maybe for beach houses and vacation houses
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    szMermaid wrote: »

The fighting has been going on since this began. I already know there's going to be a huge angry mob once the gameplay objects are finally announced. If people don't get what they want, they try to kill the joy for others.

I will accept whatever happens. I have TS3, and I play that whenever I feel I'm missing certain features (usually houseboats, canning and laundry.)

• Options
    Even if what I want does not win, I still think it was worth it, it was fun to vote, and share ideas with the other Simmers .. I really liked all this
    xyIcMqt.png

• Options
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    > szMermaid wrote: »
    >
    > Lol, if ppl are fighting about laundry right now, just think about how many ppl will fight and be mad, no matter if it wins or not.. I think that after the results, instead ppl be happy because they give us a chance to vote, and let us participate on this process, there will be alot of furious ppl on the forum
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The fighting has been going on since this began. I already know there's going to be a huge angry mob once the gameplay objects are finally announced. If people don't get what they want, they try to kill the joy for others.
    >
    > I will accept whatever happens. I have TS3, and I play that whenever I feel I'm missing certain features (usually houseboats, canning and laundry.)

If I recall correctly from my early simming days, people fought over ridiculous stuff all the time even back then. That's what happens when a) you play a game and engage on a forum that contains both adults and children and b) when you do anything on the internet, because the internet is where people with mental illness get together and drown out the sane people lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    I've been on the Sims forums more lately because most of the rest of the internet is where ill people with no lives are spending most of their time. Even this fighting is a nice respite from all the nonsense going on elsewhere. I need a break from politics and stuff lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Its the 26 when are they going to announce a winner?

10 am Pacific... which should be in a few minutes give or take

I live on Pacific time its almost 11

Oh wait, that was when the vote closed. The other announcements came around 2 pm EST, so I'm expecting it soon

It's pass 2 here what's with the results?
  • Options
    > @Briana2425 said:
    >
    > Briana2425 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Its the 26 when are they going to announce a winner?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 10 am Pacific... which should be in a few minutes give or take
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I live on Pacific time its almost 11
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh wait, that was when the vote closed. The other announcements came around 2 pm EST, so I'm expecting it soon
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's pass 2 here what's with the results?

Maybe they are finding a way to break the news that laundry didn't win without causing the apocalypse.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    > @Briana2425 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Its the 26 when are they going to announce a winner?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 10 am Pacific... which should be in a few minutes give or take
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I live on Pacific time its almost 11
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh wait, that was when the vote closed. The other announcements came around 2 pm EST, so I'm expecting it soon
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's pass 2 here what's with the results?

Maybe they are finding a way to break the news that laundry didn't win without causing the apocalypse.

Or maybe its Off the Grid that didn't win.
  • Options
    No matter what the results will be there will be complaints anyway because some will went what they voted for in the poll or will keep posting until said contain is added. Kind of remain me of all those where are toddlers threads that where posted until they finaly added toddlers.