Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @lsnishi Thanks for the very sweet comment :heart: It's very kind of you to say you look forward to seeing my entries, that made my day a little brighter! On that note though, I am trying but still struggling with the theme. We'll see how it goes. I agree that most of the build just happens as I start building, but normally I need that spark of interest to kick start it. That's what I've been missing this week :)

@mannanna Welcome to the thread, and well done on your first entry! I simply love the green/blue color scheme, and the added details like the fire hydrant really gives it realism. The same goes for that wonderfully creative reception area with folders and clutter sitting on the desk. It's a really fun and gorgeous room!

@folala Welcome to the thread as well, and well done on your first entry! I love the Zen feeling your room has, it's so serene and peaceful. I love how you have separated the different areas. The kids area is adorable, but I simply love that little place for meditation and peace! So creative and absolutely beautiful!

@WrathofCath Your room has that simple elegance I have almost come to expect from you now, and I love the details you have added, like the coffee cups and magazines strewn around. I love the soft color scheme, and I simply love that you added a fish tank! Beautiful room Cath!

@TinjaNurtle Congrats on your Maxis fav! :star::star: How exciting!

Thank you @rosemow @WrathofCath and @lsnishi on the congrats! Very much appreciated, and it made it a happier Friday! Coincidentally, the last time I got favorited it was also on a Friday in fact.. Maybe Friday is my day! :tongue:

@jazztizz my dear! As Rosemow said you can nominate anyone you would like to :) Even though Rosemow puts up the entries for everyone each week, there's nothing wrong with putting up a second nomination. I see on the Lot nominations thread that more and more people will second a nomination if they also think it deserves one, so by you picking out your favorites that you think deserves a nomination, you are doing the same thing :)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    edited April 2017
    Congrats to all on your maxis faves. :)

@lsnishi color scheme,and the layout is great

@mannanna I can smell that hospital smell, just looking at your room. It looks great.

@folala I love your garden theme waiting room.

@WrathofCath I knew your room would be amazing, and I was right.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

edited April 2017
    @Laebeth and @Rosemow thanks very much for your input. <3

PS

@lsnishi I saw your room yesterday had to say real quick how epic it is. This needs to go in Hospital Quarterly or something for ideas. Actually that'd be cool for all these rooms.

PS2 I'm going on 3 hours sleep so I'll be back wherwajoizzzz later.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Okay...so I was sitting with a notebook writing down names and details that I liked for every room and was half-way done posting when I went back to check a detail without saving the draft. AAARRRGH!

SO for now. Awesome jobs people! I wouldn't mind getting sick if waiting rooms looked like these! Hopefully I'll get mine done tomorrow. Otherwise...There's enough eye-candy here with or without me to make anyone happy.

I just have to add; @laebeth, whenever I see the name ninnster I think of that Bugs Bunny episode with Finster-baby! (Would I drop a match in this oven if my buddy Finster was in there? - Ya might, rabbit, ya might)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,707 Member
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    @Laebeth and @Rosemow thanks very much for your input. <3

PS

@lsnishi I saw your room yesterday had to say real quick how epic it is. This needs to go in Hospital Quarterly or something for ideas. Actually that'd be cool for all these rooms.

PS2 I'm going on 3 hours sleep so I'll be back wherwajoizzzz later.

Hello @Jazztizz :) I hope that you have a restful sleep <3
  • Options
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Okay...so I was sitting with a notebook writing down names and details that I liked for every room and was half-way done posting when I went back to check a detail without saving the draft. AAARRRGH!

SO for now. Awesome jobs people! I wouldn't mind getting sick if waiting rooms looked like these! Hopefully I'll get mine done tomorrow. Otherwise...There's enough eye-candy here with or without me to make anyone happy.

I just have to add; @laebeth, whenever I see the name ninnster I think of that Bugs Bunny episode with Finster-baby! (Would I drop a match in this oven if my buddy Finster was in there? - Ya might, rabbit, ya might)

Hello @Ainsleyf I am so sorry that you lost what you had written in your posting :( It is not nice at all when that happens!
    I hope that you may be able to do your room tomorrow. I will look forward to seeing it if you are able to do it. :) I hope the router issue is fixed for you.
  • Options
    Thanks @Rosemow! Nope...still have issues but if the new router doesn't work (when it's installed) I'll take more serious guerilla tactics! Thanks! For now, I seem to be the only one in the house online, which means, well, I can get online! yay!
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for your kind comments @Jazztizz. I'm really impressed you can function on three hours of sleep. I'd be a drooling incoherent idiot with only three hours. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    Theme for the week: A waiting room
    Gallery name of room: Comfy Waiting Area
    Origin ID: wendelyne
    Pictures of room:
    kezvgz.jpg
    2n7qyk6.jpg
    35bt6k0.jpg
    a44dc3.jpg
    hs80gw.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    The layout and furnishing of Comfy Waiting area looks very nice! @wendelyne :) Very nice booth seating nooks in the corners of the room for sims to sit and chat face to face. It looks very nice how the booth seating is facing each other. The half wall looks great placed between the seating on the left hand side of the room to create the nooks, and the tables snd lamps are a nice touch between the booth seats in the other seating area. Sims will enjoy reading magazines from the magazine stand. The sunflowers picture there looks very pretty! The skeketon and fire extinguisher look great in the room! . Very nice central reception area in the room! The computers look great on the counters to be used by the medical staff. The brick wall texture gives a great look to the area! The files and clock look great on the wall. The medical mysim is cute on the desk! It looks very nice how the snacks and refreshments area is set up! The tables and chairs look great how they are placed there. The yellow colours of the seats is nice and sunny. It is great that there are two fridges and a microwave for sims to prepare food to enjoy eating whilst waiting for news about their family member. Sims will enjoy having a cup of coffee or tea at the table. The kids area looks so very cute! Kids will like sitting on the animal themed chair, reading a book. The pictures on the wall are colourfully nice! The animal patterned wall strip is a nice touch and the colourful jigsaw floor patterning is so very nice for the kids to play on with the toys from the toy chest . The kids will like playing with the modern dollhouse. It is nice that there are a glass windows wall between the refreshments and kids area,
    The design and furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    @WrathofCath Your room is very much a traditional hospital waiting room. I'm impressed that you were able to do so with the options provided. It looks wonderful!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Took some liberties...but decided to just have fun with this. It's a fun theme....
    Theme for the week: Doctor's Waiting Room
    Gallery name of room : Blood Bank
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3920192C2D5111E786C4C26B009BB2A4
    Origin id : Ainsleyfr
    Pictures of the room :qOWWZEd.png6WSpzXx.pngBmgzjMf.pngITqlXT4.pngyp2I6Mr.pngt84JSGH.pngQEwZQRU.png
    NOTE: It's his coffin..he's a vampire running a bloodbank...it's NOT a coffin for patients.
  • Options
    @Ainsleyf, I was thinking what a beautiful examination room, I wish my hospital room looked like this...until I hit the last pic of the doctor and the coffin. Love it! It's beautiful AND creepy! And of course it makes sense for a vampire to run a blood bank. You're a master of rooms with a little twist; great job on this one!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    The Blood Bank is great! @Ainsleyf :) It is a very creative idea for a vampire to run a blood bank! His office room to collect the blood looks great! It is good that he has the fridge there to the donated blood cool. The wall patten is nice. It ilooks great that you have placed a bed for the sims to lay on whilst giving blood, and an office nook with a computer to enter in the paper work details. It is good that he has a coffin to sleep on if he gets tired. His diplomas have been proudly placed on the wall! The waiting room area is very nice! The yellow colour of the walls and furnishings gives a nice sunny feel to the room, and would help to lighten the anxious feelings of those who are waiting there. The sunflowers picture is pretty and sunshiney for sims to see whilst sitting on the yellow seats, waiting to give blood. The yellow plumbob lamp is a nice touch on the corner table. The reception counter nook looks very nice! It is great that there is a computer for the medical receptionist to use. The filing cabinets, boxes of medical records and files are great office touches there. The corner kids play nook is very nice! The voidcritter prints are a nice touch on the wall and the panda lamp is cute! The kids will enjoy sitting on the patterned floor rug playing with toys from the chest, or enjoy reading a book there. The coffee nook looks great! It looks nice how the cabinets have been placed to create the nook. Sims will enjoy a cup of coffee whilst waiting. The mugs rack is a nice touch there.
    It is a very creatively designed waiting room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks so much @Rosemow! And thanks so much for having this week's challenge. It was fun! Thank you too, @lsnishi! If we'd had recolors like in Sims 3 - I probably would have gone even creepier!
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    All your creations are so creative! I really love your bloodbank idea @Ainsleyf ;)
    I don't really feel inspired to build a room for this theme, but I'll probably build something next week :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    All your creations are so creative! I really love your bloodbank idea @Ainsleyf ;)
    I don't really feel inspired to build a room for this theme, but I'll probably build something next week :)

Hello @lisalittlesimmer :) I will look forward to seeing your build for the next challenge :)
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @Ainsleyf OMG, your room is Great! The Sims and the doctor just makes it. I got a good laugh looking at your entry.

@WrathofCath Beautiful room! It's funny, when I started to build my room I used the same exact chairs, they just scream waiting room to me. Very nifty how you used the succulents too.
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, this thread is moving full steam ahead every time I visit! :) Ok, diving in trying to catch up! Apologies if I missed someone.

Congrats on being Fav'd by Maxis for your rooms @emere , @Don_Oello , @steskens , @undressyourbones , @illusie , @TinjaNurtle , @Laebeth wonderful news! :smile:

Welcome to the room challenge topic @amyybugg92 ! :) Love your hospital waiting room! Really like that you created various sections, like the cafetaria, the children's nook and the reception area, and your bright colours make this a beautiful and fun design as well, wonderful job!

@Jazztizz : love how your bedroom is a wonderful mix between classic, regal furniture and modern/sci/fi elements, getting a strong Doctor Who vibe here (a tv show I absolutely love!), and it fits your story perfectly! B) Oooh, and in love with your zen-like hospital waiting room! Perfect design for a relaxing vibe for patients who might be stressful about a hospital visit, here they can relax and take their mind off the visit. Plus, your zen garden is absolutely gorgeous!

Loving the hospital waiting room theme @rosemow ! It's not something I would have thought of myself, you are so good at coming up with original themes for your challenge each week, love it! :)

@carolynrosser : Love your colour scheme for your family waiting lounge, and your children's nook looks like so much fun, great design! And your daughter's room looks marvellous as well! Love that she made the children's nook bright and colourful while the section for adults has more neutral colours. B)

@coolsim9999999 : such a wonderful and fun design for a hospital waiting room! The bright and whimsical colours are perfect to take our sims' minds of the impending doctor's visit, perfect!

@lsnishi : such a beautiful design, love the relaxing colour scheme in your waiting room! And awesome job on designing your own signage for the room, such a creative idea, love it! I'm also loving the cafetaria area you added with a warmer, red theme, and your children's nook is looking like so much fun. Awesome room!

So sorry to hear you've been ill @alifesizeddoll ! Hope you'll be feeling better soon, and back to designing your wonderful rooms! :smile:

Welcome to the room challenge topic @mannanna ! i'm loving the cheerful colours in your hospital waiting room, will definitely make the wait a lot more relaxing and fun! Also love all the creative ideas you put in the room, eg love your reception area with the sign and lines indicating where sims should queue, nice job!

Wow, I'm loving your outdoors themed hospital waiting room @folala , it's absolutely gorgeous! Your colour scheme and use of wall paper prints is perfect for your theme and I love the children's nook, very creative design!

You really nailed the hospital waiting room theme @WrathofCath ! This is exactly how I would expect this type of room to look, except yours has kicked it up a few notches to become a prettier and more relaxing room than most of these rooms are in real life. :smile: Wonderful design!

Another great hospital waiting room @wendelyne ! Love your reception desk area and the perfectly chosen pops of colours throughout the room. Awesome job!

Hehe, I'm loving your creativity here @Ainsleyf ! My first idea was, what a beautiful room with a warm and inviting feel, I would feel at ease here before a doctor's visit, and then bam, you ended with the shot of the vampire and the coffin, best twist ever! Haha, awesome, love it! B)

It's really wonderful seeing so many creative room designs! I'm afraid I'm gonna sit this one out as well. Been having a pretty rotten time at work lately, and unfortunately my creativity seems to have left the building together with my mood. ;) I hope to be able to enter again in the following weeks, but in the mean time, I'm having a wonderful time checking out all your amazing room designs, so keep them coming! :)
  • Options
    Hello @Corwim :)
    I am somsorry to hear that you are having an awful time at work :( I send hugs to you <3 I hope that that the work situation starts to improve very soon for you.
    I will look forward to seeing your rooms again when you are able to in a future challenge :)
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind comments @Corwim and I hope things start lightening up at work for you soon. I love your work and I hope to see more it when you're able to get back to building.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    edited May 2017
    Great rooms everybody, as always!

Theme for the week: Doctor's Waiting Room
    Gallery name of room : Zen Waiting
    Origin id : lotlot80

zen%2Bhospital.jpg

To See More pictures and download.

--->>>
    Please Go Here<<<----

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

Zen Waiting is such a very calming and restful waiting room! @lotlot80 :) The green and brown colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! The eclipse patterns look very nice on the walls. Very nice juice bar area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink. The square panels look nice om the walls. It looks very nice how the green armchairs have been set up,for sims to relax there and wait for news. They will enjoy watching tv whilst sitting there. It looks great how the half circle wall dividers are used to separate off the areas ot the room! The water fountain and the tall plants containers are very nice touches in the room! The kids play area looks very nice! The trees, hot air balloons and clouds look very nice on the wall. The kids will have fun playing with the dolhouse or playing with the toys from the chest. They like sitting on the cute animal chair! The teddy there is cute! Nice refreshments nook area for sims to enjoy getting food from the fridge and making a cup of coffee,
    The zen themed restful style of the room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks for the well wishes guys :)@mannanna @WrathofCath @Corwim
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll
  • Options
    alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    Quickly posting pics/room now while I have the energy. Not 100% in love with it, but still wanted to contribute :) I ended up making a full hospital after this too, to leave in my world for future things. :) Thanks for the inspiration @rosemow!

[I'll be back later to comment on all the lovely rooms!]

Theme for the week: A Hospital Waiting Room
    Gallery name of room: Waiting For Wellness
    Origin ID: alifesizeddoll

The waiting room of Willow Creek Hospital. A children's play area, a kitchenette, sign in nurse's station, mini gift shop, and of course lots of semi-comfortable seating options and small TVs. Oh, and hand sanitizer and tissue everywhere of course!

rGW7a98.png
    overview

K9y610q.png
    gift shop items

c1D0uNL.png
    Check-In

hcc0OJ3.png
    Check-In & Kitchen Waiting Area

ZDkZ8xo.png
    Aaiting Area 1 [behind check-in]

BSqbiFD.png
    Kitchenette

Iiqwfmc.png
    Children's Zone

YdyuYCG.png
    Children's Zone & Waiting Area 2

c1D0uNL.png
    Waiting Area 2

In-Game Shots
    2VniFPw.png

rwTJ5GA.png
    QAmOPzk.png
    9KZRDZe.png
    3MGGlxP.png
    Ae98kXv.png
    CUTtu2v.png
    6yZuZFn.png

P.S. You may recognise someone in the in-game shots. My new avatar ;)
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top