Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post your cas/build/buy ideas for eco living here!

Comments

• Options
    nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    @FKM100 Thank you! I can't insert links yet, unfortunately. I'm glad you like them, @luimistelija I though the pillows looked adorable too! :)
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    nity01 wrote: »
    @FKM100 Thank you! I can't insert links yet, unfortunately. I'm glad you like them, @luimistelija I though the pillows looked adorable too! :)

My pleasure -- they are beautiful, aren't; they? I adore the hippo coffee table and that chandelier with the little birds in it is too sweet. I'm not sure I would want it in my own home, but I love it all the same.
  • Options
    @FKM100 They are beautiful! I'm the same, I probably wouldn't include the hippo coffee table in my own home, but it is very creative! It would be interesting to see if any of those ideas could be incorporated into in the Sims. :)
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    I can see three possible styles for this pack:-

1. Sleek and contemporary, rather minimalist, chic but using lots of sustainable materials such as bamboo;

2. Retro hippy/boho style -- colourful and rather cluttered, with lots of reclaimed, repurposed and home-made household objects and CAS items;

3. Survivalist style -- a more subdued and pared down look, perhaps a little grungy, militaristic, even post-apocalyptic; again with lots of repurposed and self-made objects.

There may be more, but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

I'm hoping for number 2 or 3! :) We already got a lot of the first style in Spa Day.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    There's a nice line in eco living houses to give EA some ideas on this site: Some tiny houses on wheels and lots of windows

https://www.echoliving.co.uk/
  • Options
    RavenWildeRavenWilde Posts: 37 New Member
    Indoor gardening, hydroponics would also be nice - I know my apartment dwelling sims and vampires would appreciate being able to garden indoors.
  • Options
    KAZEINWONDERLANDKAZEINWONDERLAND Posts: 19 New Member
    @TheSimer
    I love your pictures and especially your fashion choices! This is the fashion I want to see for this pack.

@FKM100
    I really hope for sleek and contemporary like you described in Nr.1. :) We already had colorful and boho hippie style clothing, furniture and plants from movie hangout. With city living, more stuff combinable with that style came. I really don't want any more of it.
    I would love a militaristic grungy style but with no military career and nothing else militaristic in the game to combine, it feels a bit out of place.
    I really like the concept of living in a huge city like San Myshuno. I already have boho hippie styled sims and homes at the spice market. I also already have hermit boho style sims, that live mainly outdoors and at granite falls far from technology and civilization.
    What I want now is more content to add to city living. Specifically to the fashion and political district. I feel like there is tons of stuff for spice market but when I play a sim at the political district, everything looks so unimpressive and underwehlming inside an appartment and nothing special compared to for example the landgraab's house from the base game. It would be amazing to be able to combine city living with Eco pack. I want my busy working career sims living in the city, a penthouse or at a modern mansion to be able to be eco friendly as well as my boho hippie sim already is at granite falls.

The kind of Eco friendliness that excludes technology, innovation, city life and steady job is so cliche and also already playabe in the sims 4. It would be better implemented in a farm and country life pack. For Eco I want it to be contemporary and modern. Not necessarily futuristic but definitely contemporary.

I will post some pictures later too if I can find anything good.
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Marley V wrote: »
    reposting from the eco picture thread
    Marley V wrote: »
    I love this concept from Around The Sims 4, especially the can and wooden one
    tumblr_nu7uwcOTtr1rf2gbho1_1280.jpg
    Both as decor or actual functioning planter pot.

tumblr_olowmcLKDk1vhqphqo2_r2_540.png
    These were really cool cc pots made my Servobride (@ tumblr), I wish we could have functional planters on tables so we good make "real" greenhouses.

tumblr_ocvmmwf0561s4po2io4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ocvmmwf0561s4po2io3_1280.jpg

I like the idea of actually growing garden plants indoors in the soup cans shown above, instead of being decorative only. I have the objects from Around The Sims 4 shown above in my game and use them quite a lot.

Other items I would like including laundry items (yes, I want laundry):
    1, Wash machines, dryers, clotheslines, hampers, wash machines/dryer combo, and iron boards.
    2. Skylights, Solar Panels, Tinted Full Large Windows
    3. A five level laundry skill. Sims have less mishaps when doing laundry as skill goes up. (Lost items in wash, pink whites, fire from ironing, burnt clothes, shrunk sweaters, and ect....)
    4. Modern contemporary eco friendly bamboo furniture.
    5. Eco living trait.
    6. Eco lot traits for water and energy consumption.
    7. Compost to use to fertilize plants.
    8. Recycle bins.
    9. Comfortable hemp clothing, I like the idea of baggy pants.
  • Options
    NoraaaaNoraaaa Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it'd be really cool if sims could live in eco-friendly treehouses! The treehouses could have different styles like rustic or have a more futuristic feel, like The Supertree Grove at the Gardens by the Bay in Singapore. If the sims couldn't live in actual treehouses, maybe there could be roofs that looked like treetops, and then people could just select a paint that looks like wood for the exterior of the house.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited April 2017
    Has anyone said trash compactor or recycling bins yet? I'd also really love skylights and sliding glass doors for natural light. And a big yes to more shelf slot decor, repurposed reused items. Great ideas everyone really love the pack style.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,113 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    What makes this really hard is that we have no idea what will be coming out between now and the pack. Let's say we get a playable military career beforehand -- we might all be sick of military/industrial style stuff by then (although we could never have too much grunge, in my book).

I really do hope we get that military career. I miss it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2017
    Some clothing ideas:

These are quite indie in the UK and people still wear them to festivals. I think they are called Baja hoodies? I dunno... they seem to be trending again.

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

Untitled.png

8c42582f97ce37675e47e8a5a5f20375.jpg

f4147d9bf53fdc7aef49a09170b38a6b.jpg

And these, I think they are made with hemp? And you can get plainer swatches too. I like natural fibres for men's clothes:

mpj5-BgLVQj6AILPeYy98_A.jpg

23a79eab2a44e9e7f9f74ee00ed8a915.jpg

• Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Some clothing ideas:

These are quite indie in the UK and people still wear them to festivals. I think they are called Baja hoodies? I dunno... they seem to be trending again.

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

Untitled.png

8c42582f97ce37675e47e8a5a5f20375.jpg

f4147d9bf53fdc7aef49a09170b38a6b.jpg

And these, I think they are made with hemp? And you can get plainer swatches too. I like natural fibres for men's clothes:

mpj5-BgLVQj6AILPeYy98_A.jpg

23a79eab2a44e9e7f9f74ee00ed8a915.jpg

Great, now i want one of these hoodies in real life
  • Options
    TheSimer wrote: »

Same. Why did I do this to us!? They look so snuggy! :D
  • Options

I've got a teal coloured woollen one I got from Primark several years ago. It has the pocket in the front too.
  • Options

I've got a teal coloured woollen one I got from Primark several years ago. It has the pocket in the front too.

I NEEEEED!!! I keep seeing people wearing them but I never see them for sale.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I used to own a sweater that had been made out of a handful of other sweaters that couldn't be worn anymore. (I gave it away eventually but I'm sure someone else is enjoying it now that it's a chic vintage piece.) Mine was sort of like this, but more colourful and not so long:

e87ee211f12717da1254928195a5300a.jpg

A shape like this could maybe be done in a sort of beige/brown nature-evoking hemp texture or broken up into pieces of colorful recycled material:

f78446a0c525df7709ba2578200868ae.jpg
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,600 Member
    More plants/gardening options/produce.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I NEEEEED!!! I keep seeing people wearing them but I never see them for sale.

This is what mine looks like.

244r4mq.jpg
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Fashion I think would match the theme quite well:

Women:

18625-96328_1m_thumb.jpg6920-96273_thumb.jpg6660-95523m_thumb.jpg6439-94963_thumb.jpg

Men:

men-Boho-Jackets.jpg
    590e148e7f68e96cb2fb48d4c3bca0ad.jpg84b122969d580d2f51221efbd1a9a61d.jpg

• Options
    candie_andie4candie_andie4 Posts: 88 New Member
    Well I can think of a few ideas as far as going for a eco-friendly trend/theme for the next pack. Definitely thinking stuff for children and teens, thats goes for their clothes and furniture. I don't think we really explored all there is for kids and especially furniture and toys for them and even activities for them to do as they grow up. We don't even have legit cribs for the babies. and we don't have any bunk beds, and nothing like painting easel for kids to learn how to paint. Basically what I'm getting at, is maybe add hobbies for kids. Also, eco friendly makes me think about a more modern lifestyle. Could maybe add a playhouse for the kids with items in it already for the kids to play. Okay enough about kids! LOL I definitely would like to see also, more styles to choose form for your toddlers when dressing them too. to better explain furniture, i'm gonna post pictures to give you an idea of an eco friendly style/theme. I also think it would be cool to add eco friendly wallpaper, and flooring, and definitely more popping/colorful but simple comforters patterns for the beds. Id like to to maybe see a few more decor items. some more framed paintings to be specific. Maybe even one style of sectional couches with a few lighter tone colors, recycled lighting as well. Here as dome photos of what i see.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited April 2017
    Maybe it's just my generation, but guys who spent a lot of time on how they look... seem kinda useless; like they don't have anything better to do but consume and try to be pretty :unamused: Give me jeans and comfy T-shirt any day!

Also, consumerism like this kinda goes against the "Eco" grain as all the useless products they are buying require factories. It would be like sending mixed messages. "Don't waste! Buy more crud!" Meh.

Anyway, I'm excited about the eco-living pack--it was one of the three options I liked, but I'd love to see the ability to go either way. Like Air conditioning vs fans vs windows that open; like energy guzzling appliances vs energy-star (RIP) appliances vs old school manual labour; like leaving lights and electronics on vs turning them off; like throwing trash away instead of recycling it and recycling it. Of course there should be positive/negative consequences for a sim depending on which object they use or action they do depending on their traits.

I think it would be really cool to have the ability to have a wasteful trait and an eco-friendly trait. Especially since this is such a hot topic of late with folks who are antipathetic towards environment saving measures and think the whole thing a con. I'd love a sim who is wasteful to get annoyed with having to recycle. Or having flatmates and one is eco-friendly and gets mad when their eco-unfriendly counterpart doesn't recycle.

If the game is just going to be about laundry... I'm cool with that too. :joy:
  • Options
    @B_E2009 I absolutely love those fashion choices, I'd probably wear them in real life! I seriously hope we get fashion similar to that style, it's beautiful! Thanks for the great finds. :)
  • Options
    Well I can think of a few ideas as far as going for a eco-friendly trend/theme for the next pack. Definitely thinking stuff for children and teens, thats goes for their clothes and furniture. I don't think we really explored all there is for kids and especially furniture and toys for them and even activities for them to do as they grow up. We don't even have legit cribs for the babies. and we don't have any bunk beds, and nothing like painting easel for kids to learn how to paint. Basically what I'm getting at, is maybe add hobbies for kids. Also, eco friendly makes me think about a more modern lifestyle. Could maybe add a playhouse for the kids with items in it already for the kids to play. Okay enough about kids! LOL I definitely would like to see also, more styles to choose form for your toddlers when dressing them too. to better explain furniture, i'm gonna post pictures to give you an idea of an eco friendly style/theme. I also think it would be cool to add eco friendly wallpaper, and flooring, and definitely more popping/colorful but simple comforters patterns for the beds. Id like to to maybe see a few more decor items. some more framed paintings to be specific. Maybe even one style of sectional couches with a few lighter tone colors, recycled lighting as well. Here as dome photos of what i see.

Yes, exactly!! It's such a shame how we don't have that many theme related clothing, furniture or activities for kids/toddlers/teens. But hopefully the upcoming family game pack will include those ideas! Nice thoughts by the way, I'd love to see those ideas come to life in the game! :)
  • Options
    @Cinderellimouse oh my goodness, I absolutely love those hoodies!! I really hope EA includes them, they're so cute!! Great find, I've never seen them before! :)