Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Dynasty -- Vlad's Grandchildren (Dec 11)

Comments

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited April 2017
    Switching over to Gretchen: Chapter 18 -- Responsibilities

5839fbf6-460a-4af1-8f77-d6fb0c2ff5a8_zpsctsftwyo.jpg
    Post edited by MVWdeZT on
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    The heiress is here! And so begins the reign of Gretchen, first of her name. ;) It's so cute how she obviously has a crush on Paolo but he didn't seem to give a plum about her at all until bam, birthday! Love the postcard collection. I'd love to see Dragon Valley and Isla Paradiso again...

Nadia is very Nadia, as always! Her hair is red like a lobster? :smile:
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Ahh! It was so fun to see Gretchen at the helm!!
    The Paolo lead up though! Ahh, they are so adorable. He is so cute spending time with her. And she's all insecure. And then BAM leering Paolo :love:

And now, of course; I NEED every post card in the game.

She's so cute! I love her! <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Hmmm...very very interesting. I love the way Gretchen has taken over, it's very seamless. I loved this line
    "I was running on orange"

Very cute way to bring the game into it! I don't think I've paid attention, but have Gretchen and Nadia always been a little at odds? I notice in the portraits section we only see Nadia's back and the snarky birthday cake comments...hmmm

I love love love the interactions between Paulo and Gretchen. It's also very telling that she feels she has to keep everyone from burning up. Be it father, brother or possible future husband. :smile:

Loved the picture of the Great Great Grand Sire. :smile: *hats off*

Well done, another interesting and amusing chapter!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    Wow, I love the love guru's advice! (I've always gotten doomed relationship predictions whenever I've tried before, LOL--luckily I've avoided it on my current save.) And good on Gretchen for knowing what she wants and going for it! Glad to see Vlad again, no matter how briefly. ;)
    What a sweet little wedding! And WOW, pregnant already? Good going, Paolo. ;) Are there twins in their future...?
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Hoping for twins. And given the whole vampire thing, the guru's advice was serendipitous. Another bit of serendipity -- you know how the screenshot addresses are a bunch of letters and numbers? Well the one for one of the kisses contained the word "soppy." I'll tell you, everyone's a critic these days.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Nadia's getting ready to leave the nest: Chapter 20 -- Nadia's Museum

3c48debb-8058-4d56-a591-e75d33ee0edd_zps4nekb89p.jpg
  • Options
    I feel so bad for poor Nadia! I know I might've...made note of her resemblance to her father (repeatedly), but she deserves to be with someone who cares about her as much as Paolo does for Gretchen! And someone who isn't evil--but hey, as she said, their dad was evil. Maybe you gotta keep the evil in the family. And I do love how visually distinct she is, LOL.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Oh maaaan! Nadia! I'm a bit sad for her, yeah? She at least deserves to be with someone who will be nice to her! Maybe they can, like, mind-control Malcolm or something??
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    I absolutely loved the chapter with Gretchen and Paolo (missed this one yesterday super busy day for me) I did love that Paolo wanted to make sure they weren't just under the affects of the romance fest before the actual wedding. I adore Paolo because I've seen him as a spouse to so many of the Drifter challenges I've read.

As for Nadia in her chapter, as both LL and WF said, Nadia truly deserves happiness and while she's not the beauty that Gretchen is, it's awful that Malcolm thinks so little of her and she's so boring to him. I enjoyed the reference to Lobster Thermidor. :naughty:
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    And don't forget the pineapple! Here's Nadia's second chapter: Chapter 21 -- Short, Sweet, and Red

5ea95c69-70e6-43a9-ba63-e4d9ed8ae02e_zpsmyjxbyyj.jpg
  • Options
    Oh wow Nadia! FULL SPEED AHEAD GURL. :o

Congrats on the incoming nooboo though! I'm fairly delighted to see that little critter! >:)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    In typical sim tradition:
    They got married in the bathroom! Hahahahaa!!! Loved that.

Congrats Nadia and Malcolm. So excited about more Nooboos on the way!!
  • Options
    "Not everything happened in the bathroom, of course."

That's where they went wrong, if you ask me (and Bianca). I really, really want to see what these nooboos look like!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    This was honestly hysterical, I loved seeing what you did with Vlad. His blog was literally the best thing I've ever read xD
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @SeaDragonSong, Aww, thanks!

And Malcolm might work out better than I expected -- he was literally at the far left of his energy bar, but managed to keep from passing out during the whole proposal and subsequent try for baby. I kept getting thought bubbles from him that he was tired, which is why I didn't have Nadia call him out of the bathroom.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Balthazar's selfie turned out pretty good, I think. Here's Chapter 22 -- Fishing

dc613dfb-52bc-45b7-8a5d-82363b0f746b_zpsuhqu2jsh.jpg
  • Options
    Awwww, that's such an interesting, sad take that Balthazar has--that everyone would be happier if Nadia had his face and he had hers/their father's. He really does look a lot like his mom. He seems like a sweet boy all grown-up--I guess he takes after his mom rather than his dad that way too!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Firstly, and I know you've heard this before but darnit it bears repeating, Balthazar is hoooooot!! :love:

Awe, he's such a sweetie pie! Lovin' on his momma and sisters, being all thoughtful and perceptive! <3<3<3
    I love that he's all buttoned down and tidy, but still a bro LMAO!

And despite the fatherly venom, he still wants to please :'(
    Was that a little Balthy/Alex moment there? Or is my depraved brain just making things up again??

FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit oooh I thought the same thing about B/A!!!

• Options
    @cshaner Right?? I mean, it was kinda hot...
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit and B is so sensitive and was so worried after. :heart:
  • Options
    @WagonFruit and @cshaner, you're going to have to wait a couple of chapters so calm down, okay?
    Whether there are further developments kind of depends on when Alexander ages up from teen.
  • Options
    Awww calming down isn't fun! Hee hee.