Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    You know, I've been openly critical of Sims 4, and I hope I have been able to articulate why. I've never received a warning, much less a ban. I hope to keep it that way. It's more difficult once you get involved with heated debate, I suppose, but I try not to as getting mad in a gaming forum over a game seems counterproductive.

My only dealings with SimguruDrake have been positive, but I doubt she even knows who I am. But she's been responsive, at least, the few times I've asked her for help. Above and beyond, really.

Similer to me I have also been critical of TS4 and dispite a few run ins I have found the moderation to be fair most of the time.

The way I see it is that if you respect the mods then they will respect you back and I have never seen anyone official here actually disrespect players in a personal way. :smile:

Same with me. I too have been critical. I have talked about how I feel bout the lack venues, lack of space and how I feel this game is just great big party. Never have I received a warning, been in jail or banned or anything. I do have to admit though that when the patch came with the new gender options I thought I was going to get into some sort of trouble. I admit I wasn't very respectful to those you degrading people who are in fact transgender. Then again what I consider the level of nastiness of my behavior to be didn't ever hold a candle to what I have seen others do.

I myself have said things that I later felt ashamed of but I have made attempts to build bridges with those I have fallen out with and we look back and laugh at the daft things we might have said and joke around about 'how our game is better' but really there is no reason to hate on someone who has a different play style.

I get along with a lot of Simmers who play different games and it is cool to see how others do things and you might find even if you don't have much common with The Sims, you might like other things or even other games just as there are some members with the same Sims opinion to me who I probably wouldn't have much else in common with.

As I have said before, Simmers are all one people :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    They should respect us as customers because if it wasn't for us there would be no sims 4,3,2,or 1!!!!
    8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    You know, I've been openly critical of Sims 4, and I hope I have been able to articulate why. I've never received a warning, much less a ban. I hope to keep it that way. It's more difficult once you get involved with heated debate, I suppose, but I try not to as getting mad in a gaming forum over a game seems counterproductive.

My only dealings with SimguruDrake have been positive, but I doubt she even knows who I am. But she's been responsive, at least, the few times I've asked her for help. Above and beyond, really.

Similer to me I have also been critical of TS4 and dispite a few run ins I have found the moderation to be fair most of the time.

The way I see it is that if you respect the mods then they will respect you back and I have never seen anyone official here actually disrespect players in a personal way. :smile:

Same with me. I too have been critical. I have talked about how I feel bout the lack venues, lack of space and how I feel this game is just great big party. Never have I received a warning, been in jail or banned or anything. I do have to admit though that when the patch came with the new gender options I thought I was going to get into some sort of trouble. I admit I wasn't very respectful to those you degrading people who are in fact transgender. Then again what I consider the level of nastiness of my behavior to be didn't ever hold a candle to what I have seen others do.

I myself have said things that I later felt ashamed of but I have made attempts to build bridges with those I have fallen out with and we look back and laugh at the daft things we might have said and joke around about 'how our game is better' but really there is no reason to hate on someone who has a different play style.

I get along with a lot of Simmers who play different games and it is cool to see how others do things and you might find even if you don't have much common with The Sims, you might like other things or even other games just as there are some members with the same Sims opinion to me who I probably wouldn't have much else in common with.

As I have said before, Simmers are all one people :smile:

Oh I have said things I have later regretted and ashamed afterwards. Even misunderstood something and let my emotions get the better of me. When I realize I am in the wrong I always apologize for it. No one is perfect and to error is actual human. I have a saying "If we were all perfect, then we would live in a very boring world".

You make some very valid points!!! We do in fact have our own play styles, tastes in other games and hobbies. There are a few people in my life that the only thing we have in common is the fact that our kids are friends. So something that small can start a great friendship!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    GrandJury wrote: »
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This is a public forum though. Virtually anyone out there can read people's posts, whether SimsVIP posts them or not. It's not exactly like they are releasing anyone's personal information or an intimate private conversation of said user. If anyone isn't happy to have their username associated with a publicly available statement they made, they probably shouldn't have said this in public in the first place.

!!! YES.

I can't believe this is a hard concept for people to grasp..

Also, did any of her friends defending her even bother to read what SimsVIP even said???

What do you expect? People get offended by a "disagree" button around here, so....

YES!!! We can't have a disagree or lol button because of how "sensitive" some of the members are

I'm offended by all the (Flag,Quote,Insightful,Like,Awesome) buttons so maybe they should get rid of them too!!Haha!! :smiley:
    8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    This is a community driven game, more so than most games. Start censoring or restricting your community and your game dies. Lets not forget probably the most important aspect of the community, the modders. If it weren't for modder fixing the game for the devs or making it actually tolerable to enjoyable to play, you would probably lose over half the player base.

Have fun finding you-tubers to mod your game for you.
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    GrandJury wrote: »
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This is a public forum though. Virtually anyone out there can read people's posts, whether SimsVIP posts them or not. It's not exactly like they are releasing anyone's personal information or an intimate private conversation of said user. If anyone isn't happy to have their username associated with a publicly available statement they made, they probably shouldn't have said this in public in the first place.

!!! YES.

I can't believe this is a hard concept for people to grasp..

Also, did any of her friends defending her even bother to read what SimsVIP even said???

What do you expect? People get offended by a "disagree" button around here, so....

YES!!! We can't have a disagree or lol button because of how "sensitive" some of the members are

I'm offended by all the (Flag,Quote,Insightful,Like,Awesome) buttons so maybe they should get rid of them too!!Haha!! :smiley:

I am sorry to offend you but I gave you and awesome ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    This is a community driven game, more so than most games. Start censoring or restricting your community and your game dies. Lets not forget probably the most important aspect of the community, the modders. If it weren't for modder fixing the game for the devs or making it actually tolerable to enjoyable to play, you would probably lose over half the player base.

Have fun finding you-tubers to mod your game for you.

Very good points :smile:

The Sims has always been community centric although at the same time most Simmers are independent when they play. The thing that has always been popular is story telling and being able to share that with other Simmers is enjoyable.

As for finding modern on YouTube, you wouldn't find them on there. They are usually too busy making new mods :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited September 2016
    I do not think it is SimGuruDrake's personal desicion on who the members of the influencers are going to be. I think that is decided higher up in the chain with some of the economy people and those with marketing, it is her job to take the changes that her employer has decided on an implement them. SimGuruBChick would have had to implement the very same change.

going off the fact that she personally contacted LGR and that influencer program is her project, I do believe she has a say.
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Wow.. people take this really seriously, huh?

When you're angrily bashing away at your keyboard, you need to keep one thing in mind - The Sims is a game. It's really not that important. You either like TS4 or you don't - I am really at a loss as to why this causes so much ill-feeling on this forum or indeed within the wider 'community' (I use that word loosely).

Seriously - read back through this thread. It's a pathetic display. No need for the level of hostility displayed on here tonight. You're making yourselves look plum.

It's because for some this is their job, for others this is their community. People tend to get involved very seriously into what is their primary hobby. That is kind of like going up to a league of legends champion and saying "seriously? Why are you worrying about those balance changes? It's just a game!"

• Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    My opinion... this whole leaking thing and all the other stuff is just annoying. Now the Forum is a bigger mess, than it was before. Siding with EA, the Forum, Community, Fansites? My gozh. Yeah, we live in 2016 and that means everything that's happening in the internet gets picked apart. This is such a mess. Really. Everyone tries to explain themselves because of differential reason. I totally understand why SimGuruDrake is 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I also understand why some Simmers are angry and also why the Fansites are 🐸🐸🐸🐸.... but seriously? This whole discussion is just annoying to me. Censorship? Oh wow... you really feel offended because of that? I think in this world there are greater problems, that EA or whoever trying to change some posts -_-#

I personally have enough of all that. I've reached a point, where I would be really glad, if they just release a Trailer some weeks before release and don't say anything about it. Not before, not after and that's it. This whole "trying to communicate closer with the community thing" was doomed from the beginning. Because? Because that way to communicate is super idealistic, but it will never ever work!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Wow.. people take this really seriously, huh?

When you're angrily bashing away at your keyboard, you need to keep one thing in mind - The Sims is a game. It's really not that important. You either like TS4 or you don't - I am really at a loss as to why this causes so much ill-feeling on this forum or indeed within the wider 'community' (I use that word loosely).

Seriously - read back through this thread. It's a pathetic display. No need for the level of hostility displayed on here tonight. You're making yourselves look plum.

LOL yeah that is why I stopped responding. The anger over this game is way too serious. Not everyone sees things the same way and not everyone has had the same experiences. It doesn't make you right or wrong but opinions are swayed by experiences or how a person perceives things.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited September 2016
    Oh my... I thought I would wake up and we would all get along.. ah yes.. that was the dream:P But I am surprised this threads are still up:) I thought they would disappear by now with the sign "you don't have a permission to see it" :)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It's time The Sims was split into two. One a real life serious simulation without any unnatural quirks or challenges but with all the life stages (NOT states), and weather and realistic stuff. And the other one with loads of weird zombies and quests and challenges and ways to score points and unrealistic rewards like bottomless bladder for successes. And garages on foundations.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I wish people would stop saying that excluding the fan sites from some of the Sims events had anything to do with the leaks. That's nothing but hearsay, and I know for a fact that at least one of the Youtubers reported on the leaks also, so it's absolutely not logical to me that all this is due to a Maxis insider who violated their NDA!!! Jeesh.

I also do not think the forums are toxic and it's a shame that someone in her position actually said that. Sure, not everyone is enamored with the game but that does not mean that the whole forum is toxic. There are some people who are toxic yes, but honestly I see people who like the game being just as toxic as some who don't.

Personally I am disappointed that they will be excluding the fan sites in the US for some of the events; I'm not really a fan of SimsVIP but there are other sites I do visit occasionally. IOW when I get news about the game, it is not from Youtubers. Maybe LGR, because I feel he's honest and even when I don't agree with him I know he's not selling his soul to anyone in exchange for trips and swag. ;)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    It's time The Sims was split into two. One a real life serious simulation without any unnatural quirks or challenges but with all the life stages (NOT states), and weather and realistic stuff. And the other one with loads of weird zombies and quests and challenges and ways to score points and unrealistic rewards like bottomless bladder for successes. And garages on foundations.

Actually.. It is an interesting idea:)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how some people can still have stomach to defend SimGuruDrake. All fansites, storytellers and builders were disconnected from their influencers positions and will no longer participate in exclusive events, or getting important information to the community. Today I saw several community representatives saying on Twitter that were no longer influencers and would not be in the events. This only confirmed what the SimsVIP shared on their page. DotSims was excluded from influencer list after making a news talking about SimGuruDrake behavior. And now all the other communities are losing their positions.

And still there are those who defend that person who is limiting the community to youtubers. All of this in The Sims community, which has always been diverse, with many different representations. People expect so much that things get better, but I'm just seeing things get worse more and more.

SimGuruBChick, PLEASE, back.

I'm not at all bothered by this. I think EA should drop all of the influencer sites and do more live plays and twitch streams with the Gurus. I would prefer to hear everything straight from them anyway, especially after this debacle. It was a bad marketing scheme to begin with, and it would make me very happy if it came to an end. I remember a time when fan sites were actually all about the fans and the game they loved, and not making money or throwing said fans under the bus. It would be nice if we got back to those authentic roots. (I feel the need to note, there are quite a few old fan sites that are still around and never lost their way. Two of them I always run to for help when my game is acting funny or when I need cheat codes. LOL Thanks for being authentic! <3).

SimGuruDrake isn't a villain, and from what I have seen, the youtubers treat their fan base a lot better than some of the fan sites I've seen flashed across my screen today. People want someone to blame, and since she's the face of the gurus for the community, you're content to use her as your scapegoat. I'm not buying it, or your apples.

What a fabulous quote to come back to :relieved: And I think the influencer sites should be done away with as well. As I've said from the moment I read the articles: this was never about censorship and all about settling a grudge with SGD. Unless EA is flying me out on their dime to demonstrate how awesome new toddler play is, I couldn't care less about their "influencer" system. So why should I get my pants in a knot because X fansite isn't allowed to join in EA's reindeer games?

Let the devs do their job and develop a better game, and then when it's time to promote their quality product, use their official mediums to communicate. Fansites will hype them whether they receive benefits or not. And so will SimsRIP if they want to be relevant when TS5 comes out :smirk:

TBH, I totally thought that the leaks were an intentional marketing scheme... I'm still a bit floored to learn that they were actually leaks :sweat_smile:

Thank You, thank you, thank you for saying it. I have my gripes with SGD and the staff here just like many others, but seeing the schoolyard bullying and spiteful revenge attempting to disguise itself as Social Justice has been sickening.

Not fussed one bit about the Influencer fluff ending. Should have happened years ago.

This is my opinion as well. I haven't ever liked Sims 4 and 98% of my comments out here can easily be considered unnecessary snark, none of that is the fault of some poor guru that's trying desperately to keep the peace. If anything, I appreciate them for not banning me on multiple occasions and letting me say exactly what I want to say with no repercussions for my opinions on Sims 4.

Trying to get someone fired using the power of your fansite is not cool. EA is not some corrupt government agency that needs to be taken down, they are a greedy video game company just like all the other greedy video game companies. If you don't like their product, don't buy it, but drama clouding everything to get one specific employee in trouble is really ugly behavior. No, I'm not impressed by the fake "censorship" claims that read like sour grapes to anyone who has watched the "influencer" program and their awful feedback crash and burn the series. Personally, I'm glad they are not giving feedback anymore, they are the ones that got the series in this mess in the first place.
  • Options

Could be a good idea but what for players who want all life stages and zombies? This was one of the vintages of TS3. You had all life stages but if you didn't want zombies you could turn them off in options :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member

Could be a good idea but what for players who want all life stages and zombies? This was one of the vintages of TS3. You had all life stages but if you didn't want zombies you could turn them off in options :smile:

Simple, you buy the non-realistic game for the zombies and wait two years hoping the life stages to be released for another £60 ;)
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

Criticism and feedback is important to any game. The developers, managers, powers that be need to know what issues players are having, what players would like to see and need to know why players are unhappy with the product at hand.

Sadly, that does not happen on over half of the complaint threads ( IMO, I do read a lot of the complaint threads ). While they might start off valid points, they quickly dissolve into it no longer being feedback on the game and it goes into attacks and name calling on other players. Soon thereafter the entire thread gets deleted. It would seem that there are some people who don't want to give feedback, don't want to have a conversation, don't want to discuss ... they just want to disrupt and watch drama.

Truthfully, the same can be said for the happy threads. They start off alright, but end up the same way.
  • Options

Simple, you buy the non-realistic game for the zombies and wait two years hoping the life stages to be released for another £60 ;)

Well I won't buy it until I get my zombie toddlers! :tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »

Criticism and feedback is important to any game. The developers, managers, powers that be need to know what issues players are having, what players would like to see and need to know why players are unhappy with the product at hand.

Sadly, that does not happen on over half of the complaint threads ( IMO, I do read a lot of the complaint threads ). While they might start off valid points, they quickly dissolve into it no longer being feedback on the game and it goes into attacks and name calling on other players. Soon thereafter the entire thread gets deleted. It would seem that there are some people who don't want to give feedback, don't want to have a conversation, don't want to discuss ... they just want to disrupt and watch drama.

Truthfully, the same can be said for the happy threads. They start off alright, but end up the same way.

Good points :smile:

Sadly you are right. I have seen many good threads get ruined and then closed. Sometimes a mod will step in and it can calm down but some threads can burn for days or even weeks and get no where.

The worst ones are the ones that explode to a few pages within an hour and are impossible to keep up with. If players want to have their feedback read wouldn't it be better if they threads that provide feedback where left while the battles are just removed?

Sadly some players cannot respect other player's opinions and so launching an attack is the only was to get a thread closed. It shouldn't be like that and it is not helping anyone.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

This is so very true!!! The ONLY time anything I have ever posted has been deleted is when the whole thread has been deleted due to reasons you have stated. I too agree the feedback is important, good, bad or indifferent thing do tend to get out of hand. What I don't agree with is the thought process that some people have. Some people feel the need to jump on those who have different opinion then they do and some get highly offended just for that reason. There is no point to it at all. Just because someone has a different opinion then I do don't give me or anyone the right go and attack them. It jus makes more sense to respect the others persons views and not have to start a great big huge war over the matter.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

So, segregation of the forums should become relevant then? How would that stop those of us who have TS4 stop digressing about a two year wait on basic life simulator related content like a life stage, and or those who are happy entering those threads to tell us we should get over it? It won't so I think TS4 needs it's on site and should have had it's own site from the get go. Feedback is just that. Good or bad and everyone including myself should stay out of particular topics. I should stay out of I love the To Do List! threads, and those who like TS4 should stay out of the I hate the To Do list threads. But then there is the silent vote if you don't speak up as @PHOEBESMOM601 pointed out in any thread, Maxis might think all players loved or hated the To Do List gameplay. I think the game changing it's genre is the heart of the matter. And Maxis really should have thought about what sandbox life simulator players would think about console features in the PC version. And none of us are really to blame for that. It seems to be the direction for more mobile and console features in the PC version. So, these arguments will continue unless EA ends this forum and they don't have to listen to it on their official forums anymore. They should have actually thought about the direction before selling it as a life simulator and sort of responsible for the views of many one way or the other.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    edited September 2016
    All I can say is at least other fansites are finally coming to terms of what's been going on for awhile.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    XMachiaX wrote: »
    My opinion... this whole leaking thing and all the other stuff is just annoying. Now the Forum is a bigger mess, than it was before. Siding with EA, the Forum, Community, Fansites? My gozh. Yeah, we live in 2016 and that means everything that's happening in the internet gets picked apart. This is such a mess. Really. Everyone tries to explain themselves because of differential reason. I totally understand why SimGuruDrake is plum, I also understand why some Simmers are angry and also why the Fansites are plum.... but seriously? This whole discussion is just annoying to me. Censorship? Oh wow... you really feel offended because of that? I think in this world there are greater problems, that EA or whoever trying to change some posts -_-#

I personally have enough of all that. I've reached a point, where I would be really glad, if they just release a Trailer some weeks before release and don't say anything about it. Not before, not after and that's it. This whole "trying to communicate closer with the community thing" was doomed from the beginning. Because? Because that way to communicate is super idealistic, but it will never ever work!

It use to work. But I agree, it doesn't work now. Especially when you have just ONE Guru trying to actively engage with the community about the game. Engage with a vocal majority that has issues with said game.

As for the censorship issue, the user was upset because they were receiving harassing messages from strangers due to the misinterpreted context of the quote. It wasn't until after the harassment that the user complained.

It makes sense. I mean, imagine someone taking, photoshopping and sharing your picture to make a meme out of it to poke fun...Then have a bunch of creeps message you about it.
  • Options

This is so very true!!! The ONLY time anything I have ever posted has been deleted is when the whole thread has been deleted due to reasons you have stated. I too agree the feedback is important, good, bad or indifferent thing do tend to get out of hand. What I don't agree with is the thought process that some people have. Some people feel the need to jump on those who have different opinion then they do and some get highly offended just for that reason. There is no point to it at all. Just because someone has a different opinion then I do don't give me or anyone the right go and attack them. It jus makes more sense to respect the others persons views and not have to start a great big huge war over the matter.

It is a great shame that some players feel the need to come into a thread that they know they won't like and start debating with everyone.

Lik let's say you don't want vampires in the game but someone has started a thread suggesting ideas for them and someone goes in saying how vampires spoil their game but rather than just a quick 'I am not interested in vampires in the game thanks' they continue to fight everyone else in the thread.

Nothing against vampires though, I was just using that as an example.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top