Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Lady Sugar wrote: »
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

No, honey. Backwards. If EA would treat us with the respect WE DESERVE, there wouldn't be any problems. No for nothing EA was named the WORST COMPANY OF AMERICA, TWO YEARS CONSECUTIVE.

YOU DON'T DESERVE RESPECT it's a games company why would you feel you deserve respect I mean when I buy groceries online I don't think about how much respect I'm getting and that worst company in America is total plum there have been companies that have done waaaay worse then EA. If you keep coming here TO THE EA FORUMS and complain about EA and buy their products then I would have no sympathy for you.

*high fives*

As much as I used to criticise EA and their direction I regret my actions because there was no need for my past behaviour. I am a Simmer with 16 years of experience and even though TS4 does not hold my interests it doesn't mean I do not have faith in the company that could provide a very good TS5 if they follow the feedback that has been provided.

At the moment I am here sharing my stories and films for TS3 and waiting for the day that TS5 is announced so I can finally feel excited for The Sims again :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This is a public forum though. Virtually anyone out there can read people's posts, whether SimsVIP posts them or not. It's not exactly like they are releasing anyone's personal information or an intimate private conversation of said user. If anyone isn't happy to have their username associated with a publicly available statement they made, they probably shouldn't have said this in public in the first place.

!!! YES.

I can't believe this is a hard concept for people to grasp..

Also, did any of her friends defending her even bother to read what SimsVIP even said???
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think everyone should take a deep breath. Everyone deserves respect, but less so companies.

It seems to me Drake had good intentions with her email, but at the same time wasn't clear enough and not so little naive as to what it meant that she wrote that message. As much as I sympathize with the user that didn't want their name in an article, I think Drake could have either done a better job at communicating, or distanced herself from the drama. After all, it's not her job to tell fansites what they should write about, which is what it came off like. Everyone involved is human here though, and while I don't condone Gurus censoring anybody in the community, and I do agree that SimsVIP has a right to post her message and even be upset about it, there's no reason to not be calm. We all want a better EA, but honestly bashing on one individual won't do any good. Informing calmly about the situation, and showing where the lines go is the way to go imo.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    GrandJury wrote: »
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This is a public forum though. Virtually anyone out there can read people's posts, whether SimsVIP posts them or not. It's not exactly like they are releasing anyone's personal information or an intimate private conversation of said user. If anyone isn't happy to have their username associated with a publicly available statement they made, they probably shouldn't have said this in public in the first place.

!!! YES.

I can't believe this is a hard concept for people to grasp..

Also, did any of her friends defending her even bother to read what SimsVIP even said???

I read it and I didn't agree with it.

Look, I get it that maybe you have had an unfortunate time on the forums in the past, that can happen to a lot of us but there is no need for any hate here.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Guess it is time to pack it in and move to other forums that is not Sims related because this game is too volatile and will have the honor of generating so much controversy. :)

Honestly, I think I may do the same. This fandom is probably the worst I've seen in terms of how people behave towards each other, and that's really saying something.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

YOU DON'T DESERVE RESPECT it's a games company why would you feel you deserve respect I mean when I buy groceries online I don't think about how much respect I'm getting and that worst company in America is total plum there have been companies that have done waaaay worse then EA. If you keep coming here TO THE EA FORUMS and complain about EA and buy their products then I would have no sympathy for you.

Wow.

You should apply to work for EA - you'd fit right in. Both you and them don't give a plum about the supporters who are still keeping this franchise above water.

*Cheers.

Looks like someone can't refute an argument so you post what is quite frankly the cheapest clap back I've ever seen.

If EA were just sending people an empty box with nothing in it I would agree but they're not and those "supporters" are customers big difference.
  • Options
    Maddis wrote: »

Oh wow...normaly i'm a very silent Sims interested reader!
    But now i have to tell you something!
    I do totaly understand if SimGuruDrake deletes some of your Comments.
    Yes...Free Speech is a Civil Right...bla bla! But everything has it's borders. And i read so many hatefull comments on so many different Topics that were written by you, that i definetly am not wondering about how people can flame you.

I'M HATEFUL!??!

No, I just won't be censored. Period. It doesn't matter how respectful or calm I try to be, if you are trying to force me to steer a conversation a certain way and call me hateful in the process, you will NOT be respected. I even contacted one of the RUDEST moderators apologizing if i'm coming off too "aggressive".

I respected Drake SO much in the beginning until I saw SEVERAL members not only get silenced, but berated by her supporters. It's INSANE.

You need to find out what "hateful" REALLY is, cause it sure as hell ain't me.
  • Options
    LilipiesLilipies Posts: 314 Member
    All I can say is.... First Amendment of the constitution.
    tumblr_n4b0w18ct11rcso6uo3_250.gif
    check me out on the gallery!! origin id: simalie
  • Options
    You're not the only one. They banned me multiple times and deleted a lot of my posts just because i mentioned one simguru... It was forbidden by that time, i assume.

!!!

JUST happened to me last week mentioning Lyndsay. Glad i'm not the only one.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Hey everybody! I reached out to the user that @SimGuruDrake was talking about. This was their response.
    1ZmvWcH.png

I don't believe anyone anymore.
    They could've offered him something to act the way they want( I'M JUST ASSUMING) . I wouldn't be surprised. They need to clean up the mess.

Are you seriously suggesting Drake should've bribed SimsVIP or the other user with something? Wow. I'm not sure which of the three should be more insulted by that accusation. That's just... wow. Defamation in I don't know how many ways. :|
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    edited September 2016
    You're not the only one. They banned me multiple times and deleted a lot of my posts just because i mentioned one simguru... It was forbidden by that time, i assume.

!!!

JUST happened to me last week mentioning Lyndsay. Glad i'm not the only one.

IKR?
    And as far as i can see, i've seen a lot of users mentioning gurus and they don't get banned. So, can we or can't we ?
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options

Looks like someone can't refute an argument so you post what is quite frankly the cheapest clap back I've ever seen.

If EA were just sending people an empty box with nothing in it I would agree but they're not and those "supporters" are customers big difference.

I'm tired of "refuting" the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing with people who -honestly- couldn't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Immaturely call it whatever you'd like. You don't believe we have the right to peacefully ask for an array of things regarding the franchise we have supported for decades.. so be it.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 643 Member
    Oh great, more drama. I don't know enough about what happened or what's fansite-normal to comment beyond that this is good reason to go do something that doesn't involve looking at Sims community stuff for a while. There are plenty of other big fires to watch that matter more in life.

This Exactly! I think people in general today are more inclined to looked for any and everything to MAKE NOISE about, per say. literally EVERY LITTLE thing or issue is a crisis OR NEWS WORTHY. Life is like a television station, if you don't like what's playing, change the plum channel.
    And Now, in other sims news today...

just sayin ;)
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    To all you people saying this is a public forum:

Drake deleted the thread this was from. It was no longer viewable by anyone. That's why she asked them to remove the post and replace it with the official post she did.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options

I read it and I didn't agree with it.

Look, I get it that maybe you have had an unfortunate time on the forums in the past, that can happen to a lot of us but there is no need for any hate here.

I wasn't referring to you by the way. I don't hate anyone on this forum - I love the conversation.

You have every right to disagree with me.
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    Hey everybody! I reached out to the user that @SimGuruDrake was talking about. This was their response.
    1ZmvWcH.png

I don't believe anyone anymore.
    They could've offered him something to act the way they want( I'M JUST ASSUMING) . I wouldn't be surprised. They need to clean up the mess.

Are you seriously suggesting Drake should've bribed SimsVIP or the other user with something? Wow. I'm not sure which of the three should be more insulted by that accusation. That's just... wow. Defamation in I don't know how many ways. :|

Not an accusation. I'm assuming. I'm not saying she did, i'm just saying it is a possibility.
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    Oh great, more drama. I don't know enough about what happened or what's fansite-normal to comment beyond that this is good reason to go do something that doesn't involve looking at Sims community stuff for a while. There are plenty of other big fires to watch that matter more in life.

This Exactly! I think people in general today are more inclined to looked for any and everything to MAKE NOISE about, per say. literally EVERY LITTLE thing or issue is a crisis OR NEWS WORTHY. Life is like a television station, if you don't like what's playing, change the plum channel.
    And Now, in other sims news today...

just sayin ;)

*bows down*

It does worry me how some players are more keen to get involved in heated discussions rather than positive ones.

I have seen some positive threads get buried in a short amount of time while other threads explode within minutes. Sadly this is one of those latter threads.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Oh cry me a river
    You're not censored and even if you were you would be a victim of censorship on The Sims Forums so my heart wouldn't exactly weep for you. I have seen positive comments and topics moved so it really isn't some big ploy to silence the little man and hey if you don't like how the forums run log off and make your own since it won't be changing any time soon.

I stopped reading at the bolded.

Being told to steer the conversation in a certain way, get warned, and have my comments deleted for peacefully engaging in a conversation that was not off topic is censorship.

Oh, and bye.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Everybody needs to read this: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900066/really-simsvip#latest

Proper perspectives. You can stop jumping to conclusions and get some context.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top